Trouble and Twist

Diary of Dreams

Hey Guys... It is SHINee's 6th Anniversry so out of excitement I am updating!!!

 

 

 

I thought to myself- this is a bad thing, an invitation to trouble. These were my thoughts as I saw the 5 SHINee Shiny boys going through the books in my living room. I must have been crazy to bring not 1 but 5 celebrity troublemakers in my house! Wait! I am crazy for just few months ago I was drooling upon JinKi and what the heck, I even kissed him back and now I wanted to leave my house! Strange how people change when they come close to getting what they thought was unreachable. It was happening to me…

As I was busy in my kitchen making coffee and snacks for the 5 celebrities, Key came up to me and offered help and I came to know that he was the ‘MOM’ of the house. Weird!

We 6 sat down, gossiped, watched videos on my laptop and whiled away time when suddenly all 5 of them received messages together. As all of them checked their cellphones, their expressions turned from being calm to worried and all of them strted glancing at each other. Their bewilderment caught my eye and in turn made me worried. I asked what the matter was and Taemin showed me the message. It was a picture message and the picture took my breath away. It was a picture of us 6 leaving SHINee’s dorm!

“What…how, I mean is it serious?” JinKi was about to answer me when he got a call. He went towards my room to talk privately and was so serious while talking that the sight filled me with questions- Is it going to lead to a scandal? Is it going to dent their career? Will I become the scapegoat here? Will it be the end of my career... My mind was exploding and maybe MinHo sensed it and so he said “Aansha don’t worry, JinKi Hyung will take care of it”. I can’t say that MinHo eased my mind but he definitely brought my worries a notch down.

When JinKi got off the phone, he in a serious mood sat down next to me and started speaking, “It was Lee So Man ssi, he said that the internet is full of articles saying a girl visited SHINee’s dorm; is it Key’s girlfriend as they both were sharing the umbrella… He asked me the truth and I told him including the part related to Choi Jin. So, the scene is that Choi Jin is suspended and there will be an enquiry on him, the company’s PR will take down the articles from the internet and has dismissed any rumours stating that you are a newly recruited staff. And yes one more thing, Lee So Man ssi wants to meet you now.”

That was it! The last bit of the sentence made my worries and bewilderment overflow! “Why… am I going to be reprimanded, I mean punished? Is my lie going to be told to the university? Why?” I was freaking out! Obviously I would freak out! New college, new city and new country! I didn’t know anyone here to whom I could  go in case of any trouble… just as my mind’s clockwork was about to stop working due to overload of worries, JinKi said, “Don’t worry, I’m there for you by your side. I’ll take care of everything”

I must say that when MinHo reassured me I didn’t feel calm just a little in control, but when JinKi said the exact same thing, I believed him and suddenly felt so relaxed. So I changed into a Salwaar Kamiz which was a long Blue top over maroon chudidaar(tights) and a matching maroon stole. When I came out I was about to set out with JinKi when I saw that everyone stared  at me and Jjong commented “Oh now I know why JinKi hyung says that she looks beautifully strange”, for a moment I forgot the seriousness of the crisis and blushed on Jjong’s comment. We arrived at this big building in some prime location called Cheongdam-dong. It was a handsome building with a multicolour board stating SM.

The interior was grand which made me think that this must be an A-class company. In the hallway we met F(x) and Luna gave me the unwelcome stare while with the others I shared greetings. Then we met a guy (real handsome) named Henry. He first greeted JinKi in Korean and then JinKi introduced me as Aansha and I said “Hello”, he greeted back in an American accent. I was so happy hearing someone for whom English seemed to be easy but then my happiness evaporated when JinKi told Henry that we were here to meet Lee So Man.

The office we entered was decorated perfectly with a mix of modern and classic furniture and behind a wooden desk was sitting Mr Lee So Man, a man in his late 50s in a smart suit. I greeted him the Indian way “Namaste” and he asked us to take a seat.  We took our seats and JinKi began speaking in Korean.

After 10 minutes of wandering what could they be saying; Mr Lee spoke to me, “ I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you but I have a favour to ask”. He took me by surprise as to what favour could he want of me. “ I was informed about your work in the college’s musical. SHINee was impressed by your management skills for they stated that you did 3 people’s job alone and with quality and that too it was managing ground work. Trust me when I say that SHINee is really professional. They have worked with the best, so when they say you are good then it means that you must be really good. The favour I have to ask you is that can you be their manager for a month and a half?”

I just blurted out “Why me, I mean with all due respect; you have such a big company and I am sure that there will be people who are more qualified and experienced for this job. How can I be a manager when I am a professor and maybe I won’t be even permitted to be one by my university? I am so sorry Sir.”

Mr Lee very calmly replied “Look, as per the qualifications, SHINee is capable to carry their activities on their own and they mostly do. In this stage of their career they just need a support system which is fair, honest and of an international mind, I mean out of the Korean way of thinking. I want them to spread more across other continents and not just the South East Asia. You just have to be supportive. There will be two assistants under you who will do most of the work. The way you supported SHINee by putting even your career on line, I need that kind of passion for them.”

He went on: “Now, for the permission from the university, I already have got it from the director on your behalf. He said that there is no problem in it while the Summer break is going on and after the college reopens he is will to reschedule the timings of you classes according to your preference. Don’t be surprised…SM gives out a lot of scholarships and this was a really small request from our side. Your salary will be the same as Choi Jin. Plus do say yes to the offer for the news of you being a new staff has spread on the net, therefore help us maintain our image.”

 

What to say… I was dumbfounded “Do I really have to, what will be the consequences if I say no?”

 

“Well… for starters it will ruin SHINee’s image and in turn SM’s and in our business image is everything. The fans of SHINee will hate you and that hate in Korea can be in physical terms too and then there is the fact that I have already talked to your director; so if you say no you will create a bad name for yourself at the university.”

 

I looked at JinKi, I did’t want to hurt SHINee for they were my only friends and I didn’t wanna hurt myself too. JinKi gave me a reassuring look which seemed that he said he would help me…so what did I do-

             “Okay I agree”

 

“Let us sign some papers then, JinKi can check the details for you.” The next 30 minutes JinKi spent explaining me the details. Then I told my parents about getting a summer job to which they at first strongly disagreed but after much persuasion and emotional broiling what we Indian’s call ‘Emotional Atyachaar”, they said yes.

 

An hour later, I Aansha Aggarwal was officially SHINee’s main manager!!!!!