Wish comes true?

I Wish...

“Hyung-ah, I heard Kai will come here next week. Is it true?” Chan Yeol asks Baek Hyun.

Chan Yeol and Baek Hyun were neighbours. When Chan Yeol was three, his family had moved here. That was when he had met Baek Hyun and Kai. Three of them had become best friends since then. Nevertheless, five years ago, Baek Hyun’s parents had divorce. Their mother brought Kai with her and left the country, while Baek Hyun lives here with his father.

“Umm…” Baek Hyun answers while slurping his favourite drink, Cappuccino.

“He might be very handsome now!” Chan Yeol says and smiles widely. Baek Hyun looks and Chan Yeol and smile with him too. Chan Yeol always admires Kai’s look, attitude and many more. He always compliments him, no matter how small was the thing that Kai did. “I wonder if he still recognizes me.”

“Why on Earth he can’t recognize you? He just left for five years. You still looks the same,” handsome as always. Baek Hyun adds secretly.

“It’s possible he can’t recognize me. I’m looking a lot handsome now!” Chan Yeol answers and laugh loudly with his deep voice. A few drops of coffee fall off from his cup, cause by his laugh.

“Yah! You jerk! Now I WISH he can’t recognize you!” Baek Hyun says and hits Chan Yeol’s arm, as hard as he can.

“Hyung-ah, why are you saying things like that? You really hope he can’t recognize me?” Chan Yeol’s happy face turns grey in a flash. Baek Hyun looks at him and immediately regret for saying those words just now.

“Yah, I’m just joking. You knew me, right? I never meant it. I’m sorry if I hurt your feeling.” Chan Yeol stops his sniffing act and looks at Baek Hyun.

“Yah! I am just joking! I knew you did not mean it. Aish, stop being sad or I don’t want to treat you this drink anymore!” Chan Yeol says and pouts cutely.

“Ok, ok. I am not being sad anymore. Yah! Don’t said you don’t want to treat me anymore or else I’m gonna tell Kai what you feel towards him!” Chan Yeol shocks by Baek Hyun’s threat and chokes on his drink.

“Yah, don’t you dare, or else…”

“Or else?” Baek Hyun says and took out his phone from his pocket and starts to dial Kai’s number.

“Aahhh… you are being like this, huh?” Chan Yeol wakes up from his sit and immediately lifts Baek Hyun. Baek Hyun should feel unlucky because he is so light that Chan Yeol can easily lift him up.

“Yah! What the hell are you doing? Put me down!” Chan Yeol smirks and spins Baek Hyun as fast as he can.

“Aaaahhhhhhh…”

“Do you dare to repeat what you did just now?” Chan Yeol says and spins him faster.

“Aahhh… NO! NO! NO! I WOULD NEVER EVER DO IT AGAIN…Aaahhh…” Chan Yeol stops and put Baek Hyun back on the ground. He hugs him to prevent him from falling because he knew very well that he feel dizzy very easy. Baek Hyun’s heart pumps hard until it can possibly jump out from his body. He realizes that his cheeks are now burning and that means only one thing-he is blushing right now! He knows he need to get himself out from this situation or else Chan Yeol will realizes it. “…if only you can catch me!” Baek Hyun says and pushes Chan Yeol slowly, but strong enough to let himself out from his grip and run as fast as he can. Baek Hyun knew very well that Chan Yeol is a terrible runner, although his legs are very long. Yet, he also knew that Chan Yeol is someone you can never ever challenge. He will still accept the challenge, even though he knew he would lose. Yeah, that’s Chan Yeol-the person that easily caught Baek Hyun’s heart. Chan Yeol feels shock by Baek Hyun’s sudden action and started to run to catch Baek Hyun.

“Yah, you lied! If I ever catch you Byun Baek Hyun, only God knows what I would do to you!” Baek Hyun giggles hearing Chan Yeol’s threat and answers him.

“Firstly, I didn’t lie. I just did not complete my sentence just now. Secondly, you are a terrible runner. Everyone knew it. You will never catch me nor being at least a metre behind me! Hahaha…” Baek Hyun runs and left Chan Yeol behind him, with his evil laugh still lingering in the air.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Wow! You know something? Even this snail runs faster than you!” Baek Hyun says and points at the snail, which is sliding peacefully in front of them. “You-huh-should-huh-feel-huh-very-huh-lucky cause-huh-you-huh-can run-huh-fast-huh!”

“See, you can’t even talked properly without the ‘huh’ word. While you were ‘running’ just now, I already called Kai and told him everything.” Baek Hyun says and quotes the air when he says the ‘running’ word. Chan Yeol’s face turns pale hearing those words coming out from Baek Hyun’s lip.

“You what? You did what?” Chan Yeol shoots Baek Hyun his glare and starts to move closer to him. Baek Hyun already knew what has waited for him and he starts to run but this time, Chan Yeol grabs his arm and lifts him up, again.

“You don’t dare to-aahhhh…”

“Oh God, you will definitely regret it now!” Chan Yeol says and spins Baek Hyun faster, ten times faster than before.

“Yah, I-aahhh…” Baek Hyun lost his words. He cannot think anything at all.

“You what?”

“I LIEEEDDDDDDDD!!!!!!” Chan Yeol stops and put Baek Hyun down.

“You lied?” Chan Yeol stoops his body so that he is now on the same height as Baek Hyun.

“Yeah, I-huh-lied-huh-just now-huh!”

“That’s what you get when you try to dupe me, idiot!” Chan Yeol says and hit Baek Hyun’s head slowly. Baek Hyun fall and blackout.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Yah! Hyung! Wake up!” Chan Yeol shakes Baek Hyun’s body hard.

“Aarrgghhh…Stop shaking me! I had felt dizzy enough!” Baek Hyun snaps at Chan Yeol and pushes his arms away from his shoulders.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Chan Yeol asks and gives Baek Hyun a Rilakuma mug fills with warm water and massage Baek Hyun’s temple softly.

“Okay, huh? You spun me like tornado just now, and now you ask me am I okay?!” Baek Hyun shouts at Chan Yeol. Chan Yeol lowered his head. “Yeah, I’m fine now!” Chan Yeol lifts up his head and beam cutely.

He hugs Baek Hyun and says, “I thought I killed you just now. Thank God, you are fine now! I can never live without you, hyung!”

“Just go home. Your mother might worry about you now.” Baek Hyun says and pushes Chan Yeol away.

“Are you sure you are fine without me?”

“Just go.”

“Ok hyung! Bye-bye!” Chan Yeol waves and exits Baek Hyun’s room.

“Yeolie?”

“Ne hyung?” Chan Yeol pokes out his head into Baek Hyun’s room.

“I love you, Yeolie-ah.”

Chan Yeol just laugh hearing Baek Hyun’s confession. “I love you too, hyung!” Chan Yeol says and bid him goodbye.

“But I really meant it Chan Yeol. I wish you love me back,” Baek Hyun mumbles and cries.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A week later. At the airport, somewhere in Seoul.

 

“Hyung!” Kai runs towards Baek Hyun and hugs him. “Oh God! I really miss you so much! Did you grow a little bit taller?” Kai says and pat Baek Hyun’s head.

“Yah, that’s how you talk to tour hyung, huh?” Baek Hyun pushes Kai’s palm from his head and punch Kai’s arm.

“Ouch! And you got a little bit stronger.”

“Kai!” Someone deep voice caught their attentions-not only their attentions, but everybody attentions. Thank God, there is only one person there named Kai-or I think so. Chan Yeol rushes towards Kai and give him a Yeolie-bear hug. “Kai-ah, I really miss you so much!” He distances himself from Kai for a second to get a good look of him before hugging him back. “You are looking a lot more stunning now!”

“Yeah, I knew it, hyung. I miss you too. You grew a lot taller now!” Kai says and pat Chan Yeol’s left shoulder. Chan Yeol grins widely, takes Kai’s bag from his hand, and locks their fingers together.

“Let’s go. Korea had change a lot when you were not here.” They left and left Baek Hyun behind all alone by himself.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Where were you just now, hyung?” Kai asks while unpacking his stuff and stuff them into the closet. He shares the same closet as Baek Hyun since they stay in the same room.

“I was with my friend, Kyung Soo, just now,” Baek Hyun lies. Kai looks at Baek Hyun and shoot him a glare.

“You should not leave me all alone just now! I just arrived!” Kai says and punch Baek Hyun’s arm.

“You were not alone at all. You were with Chan Yeol just now! I’m the one who was alone!” Baek Hyun says, unintentionally tells Kai the truth.

Kai looks at Baek Hyun weirdly and asks him, “I thought you told me you were with Kyung Soo. Why now you-”

“Why don’t you just sleep? You look horribly tired,” Baek Hyun says, cut Kai’s word.

“But-”

“Good night,” Baek says and switches the light off. Since they share the same room, and there was only one bed in this room, Baek Hyun volunteers to sleep on the floor. Baek Hyun keeps rolling to left, right, and back to left. He cannot sleep. There was something playing in his mind. He sits up straight and looks at Kai.

“What do Kai has that I don’t have?”

He suddenly notices something unusual under Kai’s pillow. He takes it and a piece of white paper fall from it. He takes it and reads it. His eyes grow wide reading the printed page. He immediately opens the last page that was written in the diary and reads it.

 

February 10 2013,

The doctor had confirmed that I have a heart disease. It is now on a critical level. I have waited for donators, but it was useless. I had no choice, except to accept this fate completely. I remember that I had promised someone a long time ago-to confess my feelings towards him. My returned to Korea was based on this reason. Park Chan Yeol-the name of a guy that had stolen my heart completely. I need to tell him before it is too late, but I do not have the courage anymore. I wish I had more time.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Hyung!” Chan Yeol’s voice echoes throughout the whole park. Baek Hyun startled hearing Chan Yeol’s voice and lift up his head and looks towards the owner of the deep voice. He smiles at him but his smile does not last long. “Where’s Kai?”

“I don’t know. Maybe he went out with his friends.” Chan Yeol pouts and sits next to Baek Hyun.

He notices something is disturbing Baek Hyun. “Hyung, are you okay?”

Baek Hyun shifts his view at Chan Yeol and smile bitterly, “Why are you asking me like that? I’m fine!” Chan Yeol knew that Baek Hyun is lying to him right now, but if Baek Hyun does not want to tell him, he does not want to force him.

He smiles and says, “If you say so, hyung.”

Both of them stay silent for a while before Baek Hyun breaks the silence. “Can I ask you something?” Chan Yeol looks at him and nods awkwardly.

“Do you like Kai that much?” Baek Hyun uninvited question makes Chan Yeol shock.

“Are you sure you are okay, hyung?” Chan Yeol rests his palm on Baek Hyun’s forehead to estimate his body temperature.

“I’m fine!” Baek Hyun says and pushes Chan Yeol’s palm away.

“Then why were you asking me the question that you already knew the answer?”

“Just answers me, can you?”

“I don’t like him, hyung. I love him with my whole life!”

“Can I possibly replace his spot?” Chan Yeol again feels shock but he knew from Baek Hyun look, he is being serious right now. Chan Yeol laugh to try to calm the atmosphere down, but it was getting hotter.

“What was so funny?” Baek Hyun snaps at Chan Yeol.

“Of course no.”

“Why?”

“Because both of you are very different in all aspects. Kai is Kai and hyung is hyung. Nobody can takes anyone place!” Chan Yeol says firmly and exits the park. “I WISH I’m Kai.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Kai-ah, can I ask you something?” Baek Hyun sudden appearance startles Kai. He quickly hid his diary under the thick blanket and answers Baek Hyun’s question.

“Sure. Sit here,” Kai pats the empty spot on the bed and Baek Hyun sits there.

“Do you love Chan Yeol?” Baek Hyun asks him. Although he knew the answer for his question, he still asks it. He feels scared to hear the feedback. Kai again feels shock by Baek Hyun’s question. He stays silent and plays with the edge of the blanket before answers him.

“Yeah, I love him. But maybe I don’t have the chance to tell him,” Kai smiles bitterly at Baek Hyun and nods his head.

“Yah, don’t say stuff like that! Promise me, if you ever had the chance to tell him that you love him, you must tell him! Do you understand me?” Baek Hyun shakes Kai’s arms widely. Kai just nod his head, although he does not know what Baek Hyun meant just now. Baek Hyun smiles and pats Kai’s head before he exits the room with rains pouring from his eyes.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Ding Dong~

Kai rushes towards the door and opens it. He feels very shock to find Chan Yeol in front of his front door. “Hyung, what are you doing here in the middle of the night?” Kai asks and opens the door widely so that Chan Yeol can come in.

“Let’s go!” Chan Yeol says and drags Kai to his car.

“Where?”

“Anywhere!” Chan Yeol replies and beams cutely.

“What about hyung?”

“Hyung? Baek Hyun hyung? Where was he? I tried to call him zillion times but he does not picks up his phone at all. Maybe he is sleeping.”

“I didn’t saw him-aahhh…” Kai screams and grabs Chan Yeol’s shirt with his left hand, while his right hand is gripping tightly to his chest. Chan Yeol panic seeing Kai’s action.

“Yah, why? Why were you-” Kai faint. Chan Yeol quickly catches him so that he will not fall onto the hard ground. Immediately he lifts Kai and brings him to the hospital.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After the surgery.

“Are you feeling better now?” Chan Yeol asks Kai while pushing his wheelchair slowly. Chan Yeol’s parents and Kai’s father had left and Chan Yeol had volunteered to take care of Kai.

Kai nods, answering Chan Yeol question, showing that he is fine now.

“Yah, you should have told me about your disease before. You almost give me a heart attack.”

“I’m sorry, hyung.”

“Don’t repeat it again ok? We should be thankful because there was a donator just now.”

Kai nods hearing Chan Yeol’s explanation. “Hyung, where is Baek Hyun hyung?”

Before Chan Yeol can answers Kai’s question, a nurse walks towards them and give a white envelope to Kai. Kai opens the envelope with curiosity and reads the hand written letter in it.

 

To my one and only brother, Kai,

First, I am sorry for leaving you and read your diary without your permission. I knew about your disease from it. I had given you a more time so you can fulfil your promise to confess your feelings to Chan Yeol. Kai-ah, you need to know one thing. Chan Yeol loves you too. When you were not in Korea, he always talks good about you. I can see it in his eyes that he loves you very much. Honestly, I love him too, more than anything else does, but he only looks at me as his hyung-not more than that. My decision is for the best for the three of us. Your happiness and Chan Yeol happiness are my happiness too. Please take care of my heart. Please let it beat only for my one and only love, Park Chan Yeol.

                                                                                                                Loving you always,

                                                                                                                    Baek Hyun

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

One week later, at the park where Chan Yeol and Baek Hyun always are.

 

Chan Yeol lies on the middle of the field. He closes his eyes to feel the softly blown air on his skin. A few moments later, he feels someone kiss his temple. He quickly opens his eyes, but he sees no one there-except for himself, all alone. Suddenly, he feels his cheeks wet. He touches his cheeks with his palm and he notice the wetness came from his eyes. He kneels on the ground and covers his face with his palms- crying.

“Baek Hyun hyung, I’m sorry! I am sorry for not trusting your words before! I thought you lied when you told me you love me! I never knew it was the truth! Now I realize that I actually do not love Kai. I love you, hyung! I love you! Kai was just my childhood love. Hyung-ah, I really love you. I WISH I can turn back the time! I WISH I realized earlier that I love you. I WISH you were with me right now. I WISH you can take me with you!”

50 metres away from the spot that Chan Yeol is kneeling, he sees Baek Hyun. Baek Hyun smiles at him and waves before move farer. Chan Yeol stands up and run as fast as he can to catch him, but it was useless. Baek Hyun smiles for the last time before vanishing into the thin air. Chan Yeol cries hard, as hard as the pouring rain.