Initials

Initials

In different rooms, they did the same action at the same time. They uncapped a pen and write something on their wrists. As soon as they capped the pens once again, they left their bedrooms to go to school. They went to the kitchen and eat a bit then left their houses.

 

"Hey!" Eunhyuk's best friend, Sungmin, greeted and put an arm around Eunhyuk's shoulder.

"Hey."

"Are you participating?"

Eunhyuk nodded and held up his wrist. The initials DH were on his wrist.

"How about you?" Eunhyuk asked.

Sungmin nodded and the letters KH were on his.

"Maybe he'll see it and say he likes me too." Sungmin shrugged.

"Maybe." Eunhyuk smiled. He thought of his crush seeing the DH on his wrist and holding up his wrist up as well to reveal HJ. Or maybe it'll be an EH since that's what most call him. He couldn't be sure. He wasn't even sure his crush knew him. Or paid attention to him.

 

"Donghae!"

Donghae turned to see his two friends Kyuhyun and Ryeowook walking to catch up with him.

"Hey guys."

"Did you actually write it?" Kyuhyun asked, raising an eyebrow. Donghae nodded slightly. He was a little embarrassed becasue Kyuhyun had said it was stupid.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah... I hope he sees it..."

"Maybe." Ryeowook smiled.

"But I highly doubt he even knows I exist..." His crush was a popular kid. It could be argued that Donghae was too since a lot of girls had crushes on him, but Donghae didn't consider himself so.

"Please." Kyuhyun laughed, "I've seen the way he looks at you. He knows you exist. Trust me."

"I bet Sungmin wrote your initials on his wrist. Is it still stupid then?" Ryeowook asked.

"No. Then it's cute."

Donghae and Ryeowook laughed.

 

They each went to their respective lockers and to their classes once the bell rang. Donghae sat at his seat in math. He looked around. His crush was nowhere to be seen.

'What if he's absent...' Donghae thought.

Eunhyuk then appeared in the window of the door. His hand was on the doorknob. He spotted Donghae. They made eye contact while Eunhyuk opened the door. Both looked away in embarrassment.

Donghae sneak a few peaks at Eunhyuk throughout class.

'How do I get him to notice me...?' Donghae and Eunhyuk thought.

Eunhyuk's mind was running with ideas of how he could talk to Donghae that day, and Donghae's was full of thoughts of how handsome Eunhyuk looked in their school uniform.

'Maybe I'll ask him to help me with the English homework during lunch...' he thought when he remembered that he didn't do it the night before. 'But maybe he'll think I'm stupid then...'

Donghae looked over quickly but their eyes met for the second time that day since Eunhyuk was staring at Donghae. Both of their eyes averted quickly and Donghae turned away.

'Was he looking at me?' Donghae thought. He hoped so. His heart was beating faster, both of theirs were.

 

Chattering students and laughing friends filled the cafeteria.

"Can we-"

"Sit next to Donghae?" Eunhyuk interrupted Sungmin. Sungmin was actually going to ask if they could seat near them anyway since he wanted to sit next to Kyuhyun so he agreed immediately.

"Oh my God..." Eunhyuk mumbled as they got closer. This was the first time Eunhyuk sat next to Donghae, or at least the first time he tried. He wasn't sure if Donghae would agree to let them sit. He just kept repeating what he was going to say and do in his head over and over again.

1. Can we sit here?

2. Start eating

3. Ask Donghae if he will help with the English homework

4. Roll up sleeve so the DH will be seen

5. Either die of embarrassment once he gets rejected or convince Donghae to fall in love with him just as much as he loves Donghae.

'Okay, good plan.' Eunhyuk thought. He stopped at the end of Donghae's table.

"Hey." Eunhyuk said, trying to sound casual and, well, normal.

"Um, hey." Ryeowook replied after Donghae failed to speak up.

"Can we, uh, sit here?" Eunhyuk asked, gesturing to the seats next to Donghae and Kyuhyun.

"Sure!" Dongahe blurted.

Eunhyuk nodded a thanks and took a seat next to Donghae.

'Oh God. What now? I forgot... Oh my God I'm sititng next to him.' Eunhyuk thought.

'Best day ever.' Donghae thought to himself and tried so hard not to smile like an idiot.

Eunhyuk suddenly turned to him. "I, uh, forgot to do the Englsih homework. Can you help me with it?" he asked suddenly and a bit too loudly. He mentally kicked himself in the face.

Donghae nodded shyly, "Sure. What do you need help with?"

Eunhyuk paused, he didn't actually need help. He understood just fine. He just wanted an excuse to talk with Donghae. So he said, "All of it."

"All?"

Eunhyuk nodded.

Donghae nodded and scooted closer. Eunhyuk got out his notebook and his textbook.

Donghae started to explain the best he could and Eunhyuk slowly answered each question.

Sungmin and Kyuhyun were talking. Sungmin had rolled up his sleeve so he wouldn't get it messy and Kyuhyun had seen the KH. And, well, the feelings were mutual so now they were discussing a first date.

Donghae and Eunhyuk however were more awkward and too in love that they couldn't seem to show off the initials in fear of rejection.

Ryeowook wasn't having it anymore and spoke up. "Donghae, you'll get food on your sleeve, roll it up."

Donghae looked up and nodded, understanding what he meant. Donghae rolled up his sleeve and the HJ was visible. It was HJ then. He had decided to use Eunhyuk's real name.

Eunhyuk saw and rolled up his as well. The DH was visible as well.

Donghae looked over and blushed when he saw his initials.

'Oh my God that's me' they both thought.

"Do you-" They said in unison.

"You first" they said again.

"I love you."

Donghae was speechless. Not only had he just confessed, his crush loved him back. Best freakin' day ever.

"Really?" Donghae asked.

"Yes. Oh God yes. I've wanted to tell you since forever." Eunhyuk sighed in relief. He looked back up at Donghae and smiled his gummy smile, the one that Donghae loved so much. "So... Wanna go out?"

Donghae laughed and nodded, "This Saturday?"

"This Saturday."

                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Ta da! High School Eunhae participating in "Write your crush's initials on your wrist" day. I dunno, I saw in on instagram and heard it was today or something so why not, I wrote this. Also, I wrote my crush's initials on my wrist too :) hehe

Hope you liked the story! Thank you so much for reading! ♥

Comments are always welcome :) I want to hear what you thought :)