Part 1

Love Isn't Blind, You Are.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Not proof read at all, so please don't mind any mistakes if there are any. I'm sorry this is so late, works been kicking my ! But better late than never right? I hope you like it!

 

 

    The school was covered in pure white snow as many students were piling into the said building, feeling even more tired than they did when they left for Christmas break. They trudged into their homeroom classes with heavy footsteps, books in hands and bags flipped over their shoulders. It was almost impossible for them to kick the sleepiness out of their systems.
 
    If the students weren't so tired, they would notice that something was different. No, not that the school walls were freshly painted (again- but who ever noticed that?), or that there were new desks in the rooms, or how the floors were freshly waxed; only that there was a new student.
 
    He was walking down the halls with black sunglasses on, his hair a chocolate brown and styled off to the side to look nice. He had a strangely pointed nose, but also a wide, vibrant smile that was shown as he was laughing with one of the popular seniors, Jang Dongwoo.  The new student was also holding the wrist of another well known, but not as popular senior, Kim Sunggyu. The three students were walking down the crowded halls, Dongwoo and Sunggyu pulling the new junior around the corner to the main office so he could get his schedule.
 
    When they made it to the small office room, they walked in and were greeted by the junior body president, Lee Howon.
 
    "Hoya! Here he is, just like we promised," Dongwoo smiled, grabbing both of the junior's wrists and bringing both him and Hoya over to Sunggyu and the new kid. "This is mine and Sunggyu's neighbor, Nam Woohyun. He's going to be in your classes from now on and we kind of had a question to ask of you." Dongwoo said, his hand grabbing onto Hoya's shoulder and leant closer to his ear. "Can you watch over him and make sure that he doesn't get into trouble? Or rather, no one troubles him? We had to beg Boohyun and their mom to let us bring Woohyun here." Dongwoo instructed, his head turning when he saw Woohyun's hands go out. After two swings, he hit Dongwoo on the arm and Dongwoo started to laugh really loudly.
 
    "Yah, I'm not deaf, you jerk." Woohyun pouted, his hands going up and taking off his sunglasses. He smiled and held his hand out. "Nice to meet you. I'm Woohyun."
 
    Sunggyu smiled when he saw Hoya shake Woohyun's hands and let his own hand go of Woohyun's shoulder. Sunggyu would be lying if he said that he didn't agree with Woohyun's mother and older brother's words of not wanting Woohyun to attend public school. There were too many kids that weren't very understanding and would do anything to belittle his younger friend. But, Sunggyu would also be lying if he said that Woohyun needed to stay in home schooling and only have him and Dongwoo as friends for his entire life. When they brought Woohyun to school, it worried him that everyone would have their attention on them, but no one had. Seeing how Dongwoo's boyfriend was actually being nice instead of being snarky, it made Sunggyu feel better about Woohyun being here. Hopefully, none of their friends would lead Woohyun in the wrong direction.
 
    Sunggyu watched as his friends were talking before he turned his head to see many girls outside pointing at Woohyun and giggling. Sunggyu knew that they thought he was handsome, but after they find out about his disability, they probably wouldn't like him anymore. That's just how shallow people can be. However, if he were to be completely honest, there's only one person out of everyone in school that he's worried would hurt Woohyun's feelings. And that would be their good friend, Lee Sungyeol. Even though they were good friends, almost best friends, Sunggyu (and everyone- not only in their clique but also the whole school) knew that Sungyeol couldn't keep some words to himself and once he said them, he plays on them. Sometimes Sunggyu wonders if Sungyeol can feel regretful, or if he even possesses a guilty conscience at all. Sunggyu turned back to the three friends in front of him.
 
    "Hoya, do you know if Sungyeol's here today?"
 
    Dongwoo looked up, his happy expression suddenly faltering slightly. "Yeah, you know how he can be."
 
    Woohyun turned his head to the direction Dongwoo's voice came from. "Is Sungyeol a bully or something?"
 
    "No, but he doesn't know how to keep his tongue to himself." Dongwoo laughed, getting a nod from Woohyun.
 
    "Nah, he texted me this morning telling me that he was sick. Apparently, when Myungsoo stayed the night over at his house, he brought the flu with him that he carried from his brother. So, the entire Lee house hold is sick."
 
    Dongwoo laughed, but not in a mocking way. "Damn. Good luck to the lot of them."
 
    "Right?" Hoya laughed.
 
    Woohyun made a face before he turned to where he thought Sunggyu was. "So, he can't control what he says? That's all? And you're worried about me meeting him?"
 
    Sunggyu turned. "Only because he doesn't know when to stop." Then he made a face of his own. "How did you know I was worried about you meeting him? You're blind, not psychic."
 
    Woohyun smirked. "You never know, I could be. The Gods in the stars take my sight but make me able to see into people's emotions and worries."

    "You're so full of it, Nam." Sunggyu laughed, shaking his head. "Anyway," Sunggyu looked up at the clock on the wall. "Hoya, we need you to take him to class with you. He's gonna need the help." Sunggyu smiled, slightly pushing Woohyun towards Hoya before grabbing onto Dongwoo and exiting the office. "Don't get your feelings hurt today, don't get into any fights, just don't make any trouble for yourself! Good luck!"
 
    Woohyun pouted and shook his head before reaching his hands out to grab onto his newly made friend. When he had grabbed onto Hoya's forearm and wrist, he felt Hoya drag him out of the office to their class that they will be sharing for the rest of the year.
 
    "So, what do you look like?" Woohyun asked out of the blue while both made their ways to the classroom.
 
    As they were walking, Hoya had noticed that a lot of the younger girls were staring at them, or, well, mainly just Woohyun. Hoya wasn't too keen on having attention on him and in the first few weeks of dating one of the popular seniors in school, it nearly tore Hoya a new one in how he felt about people. He only had one opinion on them and it was that they're vultures; only looking for the next big thing to fill their appetite. Once it’s  gone, they flock off to find the next big thing. Rolling his eyes, Hoya started to pull the new kid around like a rag doll until they got to class and made Woohyun sit next to him in the back. When both were finally sitting down (not soon enough though- according to Hoya), Hoya noticed that the girls in class, and a few boys, were staring at them with huge interest. 'So, the vultures started their attack on the prey. Awesome.' Hoya thought bitterly, starting to question why he became the junior body president.
 
    Woohyun, just sitting there, paid no mind to what was going on around him- mainly because he didn't really notice it. All he heard were whisperings and giggles, but that was about it. Taking his attention away from that, he turned to where he thought Hoya was, "Hoya?"
 
    Hoya looked away from the students in his class (Which he always thought were stupid- again, why was he the president of his grade?) and over to Woohyun. A small smile cracked on his face when he saw Woohyun's back facing him and he shook his head. He reached out and turned Woohyun around in his chair. "Yeah?"
 
    "Oh, you were behind me?" Woohyun let out an embarrassed laugh before scratching his head, "Well, that's embarrassing. Anyway, you didn't answer my question out there."
 
    "What question?"
 
    "What do you look like?"
 
    Hoya thought for a second, trying to think of how to describe how he looked to someone who was blind. It almost seemed like an impossible question to answer, if Hoya was going to be serious. From what Dongwoo had told him about Woohyun for the past month (Hoya never heard the end of how amazing Dongwoo's childhood friend was but it got worse when Dongwoo had the great news that Woohyun was to be joining them in school), Woohyun had been blind since birth. So, Hoya figured that he had never seen anything and to just say how he looked would be impossible. When Hoya finally got some sort of answer though, the teacher walked in and ordered everyone to be quiet.
 
    "Mr. Cho, did you know that we have a new student?" A girl asked, her eyes glued to Woohyun, though he was clueless. She had her head resting on the palm of her hand while she dreamily stared at the boy.
 
 
    The teacher sighed. "Yes, and just because we have a new student doesn't mean that you can interrupt my lessons to bring attention to someone who might not want it. If you really want to befriend him, wait until next bell or after school. We don't have time for it right now." Cho declared, setting his lesson plans on the table in front of him before turning around to start writing stuff on the board.
 
    Woohyun made a face and turned his head down a little to make him look like he was staring down at his desk. It was just barely first period, and Woohyun could already tell that he was popular with the girls from how they groaned in disappointment. He huffed quietly, wondering if the others would still want to get to know him after they realized that he was indeed blind. Woohyun kept looking down at his desk, his fingers idly tracing lines and circles on the wooden surface while he decided not to put too much mind into it and to focus on school. Woohyun was trying to keep up with what the teacher was saying, but it wasn't as easy as he thought it would have been. He was about to give up and just ask Hoya if he could help him later, but Hoya beat him to it and leant over to tell him. Woohyun was thankful.
 
 
 
 
    Mr. Cho was in the middle of erasing the chalk board when the bell rang. He turned around and grabbed his papers before leaving the class to the next one he taught.
 
    The students were gathering quickly around Woohyun's desk, but he didn't notice. Woohyun kept his head down while he continued to draw random patterns on the wood with his finger. One thing he did notice though, was how Hoya got really quiet. He couldn't even hear Hoya breathing anymore. It kind of concerned Woohyun, but his thoughts were interrupted when he was asked a question.
 
    "So, what's your name, oppa?" A girl asked, a flirtatious tone to her voice as she twirled a piece of her long dark hair between her fingers.
 
    "Nam Woohyun." Woohyun replied, making a face while facing his desk. He pretended to be busy with his fingers to not answer any more questions.
 
    Ok, Woohyun wasn't a jerk, and he would normally not try and blankly ignore someone and seem rude, but he had no idea how public school was going to be and all this attention wasn't really something he was used to, especially around people he's heard horror stories about on top of that.
 
    He remembered joking with Sunggyu and Dongwoo yesterday that they were going to be old news and how he probably wouldn't remember them once the end of the first day was over with from how many new friends he was going to have, but now that he was actually here and able to make new friends, he soon realized that he didn't want that, especially with the girls, and this flirting girl most definitely. He wasn't too keen on girls, because of past experiences, and that alone made him figure out something about himself that he didn't think was going to be possible.
 
    "Wow, oppa's so cool. He just ignored the popular girl!  Maybe we have a chance!"
    "Yeah, maybe he only likes those quiet one!"
 
    Being blind made Woohyun strengthen his other senses and his hearing was far from subpar. In fact, he could probably hear a pencil drop a mile away, so it wasn't a surprise that he heard that whisper from across the room between two giggling girls. Woohyun chose to ignore it and kept his head down.
 
    "Woohyun, where are you from?" A boy asked, sort of interested in the new kid.
 
    "I'm from here. This is just my first year at a public school." Woohyun could hear whispering.
 
    "First year? So, you were home schooled? Why?" The boy asked, an off tone to his question that put an unsettling feeling in Woohyun's gut.
 
    "Because...?" Woohyun didn't know how to respond, he didn't want to blow that he was blind but he didn't like being asked too many questions.
 
    "Class, get back to your seats before I put you there. It's obvious that you're making him uncomfortable. And me as well. Get out of my sight before I make you." Hoya chimed in, remembering why he became the head of the grade. He like the power he had over them when he just wanted them to go away.
 
    "This is so lame. It's obvious he doesn't want anything to do with us, let alone tell us anything. Let's leave this kid. He can't even look up at us."
 
    Woohyun could hear some more whispering while the students went back to their own seats. It made him feel bad, but it wasn't something that he was going to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter