Decisions

The Kingdom

The sun penetrated through the glass of the window, interrupting Sehyuk's sweet sleep. He opened his eyes slowly, blinking rapidly so he could get used to the light that filled the room. The silk blanket shined as a layer of diamonds - giving more royalty to the atmosphere in the room. Sehyuk got off his bed, stepping towards his leather black jacket with gilded decoration, wearing it and buttoning the front as he looked outside the window.

The Dragons' household was the highest spot in all of Canibus - he could see everything and everyone - they're his. He rules them. The Dragons' weekly session is about to start, and he walked out of his humongous room, closing the heavy double-door behind him.

“Slept well, Dragon Sehyuk?” Jongsoo, his faithfull servent, asked quietly while he rested a black cloak on Sehyuk’s shoulder, preparing him to the session at the Elite Room.
“The best.” he smirked, and with a sign of his hand he confirmed Jongsoo to return to his own business. Jongsoo bowed, and walked the opposite way of the hallway.
Sehyuk loves the mornings. After a deep sleep  he always felt the best, strong and confident. His black hair was a mess, and he tried to brush it with his own fingers, making sure the emperor of Irascibillem will look honored to run his kingdom.

 

The Elite Room’s doors slammed open, as Sehyuk stepped fierce into it, observing his Dragons mates who already arrived, but his little brother was not present. Sangdo is already serving as a Dragon for 3 years and he still doesn’t take his role seriously as he promised their father years ago, before he passed away.

“Dragon Jonghyun,” he said calmly to the man who stood next to the round table in the middle of the room. “Where is Dragon Sangdo?”
“I thought he would come with you, Should I send someone ro bring him from his room?”
“No need, I’m here.” Sangdo wandered into the room, his black cloak was resting awkwardly on his shoulders and his stare dazed, still not quite fresh from his sleep. Sehyuk shot him a death glare, want to make sure his brother understands that the last person to step into the Elite Room - is Sehyuk.

They took their seats around the wooden table, and the chairs squeaked on the ancient floor. papers and documents were spreaded across the table, most of them are reports from the Lions districts, which was still supervised after the mutiny last year - but according to the reports, everyone was acting well - barely any crimes nor murders.
“Personally, I think we are wasting resources about this supervising.” Alexander anounced as his thumb ran across the paper’s edges, examning the report from last week. “The Lions are obeying. The Knights are filling the Council’s orders. there is no need to keep our best Knights in this task.”
“We can’t leave them unsupervised. Who knows what will happen.” Daehyun protested.
“Dragon Daehyun is right." Jonghyun jumped into the conversation as well.
“You know, mutiny requires resources and equipment. In other words, money.” Daehyun spoke again, an idea is popping in his mind. “We can raise their taxes.”
Again?” Sangdo interrupted Sehyuk’s train of thought, who was paying his attention to Deahyun.
“Is there a problem, Dragon Sangdo?” Daehyun asked. Sangdo was about to refuse to this suggestion, untill he noticed his brother’s death glare again, and he moved uncomfortably in his seat.
“No, Dragon Daehyun.”
“Just as I thought.”
“Dragon Alexander, would you formulate a proper proposal to the Council?” Sehyuk asked.
“Right away.” Alexander said, pulling out his fountain pen and soaking it in the inkwell.
“Another topics for this week?" Sehyuk looked in all of the Dragons eyes. Jonghyun and Daehyun kept putting up seggestions and they were discussed patiently by them. Except Sangdo. He sat quietly in his seat, looking at his brother offering, suggesting and deciding - how can a man like his brother could be so cruel? He is not the Sehyuk he grew up with, not anymore.

 

* * * * *

 

“Good morning, Wizard Hansol.” Hansol recieved a warm greeting from Jongsoo as he stepped in the Dragons household, directing to the auditorium for the Council gathering this noon. Hansol bowed his head lightly with a smile, proceeding to the main hallway. Being the head of the Council was never a hard job for him - parhaps it’s because he never took it seriously as the previous Wizards in his role did.
The hallway is rather big and specious - but yet hollowed. Hansol was listening to the sounds of his heels on the floor echoing from wall to wall loudly, as he noticed Jiho standing at the auditorium door. It wasn’t a secret that Wizard Jiho hates Hansol. When the previous head of the Council, Ryewook, retired and put Hansol incharge, Jiho couldn’t agree with the decision. He spent 5 years at the Council, it was only right that Ryewook would pick him, but no. Stupid family relations.

“Wizard Jiho, what are you doing here so early? The Council gathering starts only within an hour. Go back home.” Hansol was about to pass the boy and enter the auditorium, but a hand that grabbed his arm prevented him from doing so.

“Last week,” Jiho ignored Hansol’s request. “When Wizard Sehun and Wizard Taehyung  were arguing, you should have done something. They would’ve tore each other apart if I didn’t step in.” oh, not again. Every time they see each other Jiho always critics Hansol, and it was getting on his nerves.
“I know Wizard Taehyung for a long time, and from my experience with Wizard Sehun I know they are both mature adults, and nothing would have happen.”
“And from my experience with you I know you are just a spoiled toddler who gets everything he wants.”
“I think you should go back home. Return within an hour please.” Hansol shrugged off Jiho’s grip, entering the auditorium.
“I’m not going to stop, Hansol.” Jiho said confidently, making Hansol turn around.
“It’s Wizard Hansol, for you.”
“Not for long.” Jiho stepped towards the petite man, staring at him from above.
“This shall be mine. Soon.” and he grabbed onto Hansol’s sapphire bracelet which represented  his role as the head of the Council. Hansol pulled his hand away and stormed off.
“It should have been me and you know it! Everyone know it!” Jiho shouted from the entrence.

 

* * * * *

 

“Wizard Hojoon!” someone called his name and he thought he recognized the voice.
“Dragon Sehyuk.” he turned and bowed politely, making sure not to look the Dragon in the eyes. A pile of papers was handed to him, and he grabbed it - some proposals for the Council gathering, which was about to start in few minutews. He pushed his glasses up his nose, looking at Sehyuk, but again not directly in his eyes.
“You shall take it to Wizard Hansol. Me and Dragon Sangdo will not attend this gathering today due to a private session.” He smirked, a little amused by the shaky little Wizard.
“Understood.” Hojoon bowed again. Sehyuk patted his head and walked away.
Ever since Hojoon stepped into the Dragons' household as a Wizard, he was afraid of Sehyuk and the other Dragons. Their authority was useless from his point of view, and he hated them. When his friend Jiho started being obsessed with the royal family, he thought they brain-washed him - Dragons here, Council there… Hojoon hated when he talked just about this.

He rushed to the auditorium with the pile of papers Sehyuk handed him, entering last right before the door closed with a loud noise. Most of the Wizards were already in their seats at the audience, some were still standing and talking. On the stage, the big bejeweled table was surrounded by 3 of the Dragons and of course Hansol, the head of the Council. His blue bracelet glittered and glinged as he was making hand gestures while talking to Dragon Daehyun. Hojoon approached to the stage and placed the papers on the table, recieving a nod and a smile from Hansol. He bowed lightly and rushed to his seat next to Jiho in the second row right before Hansol banged his wooden hammer and anounced the begining of the gathering.

After putting up all the Dragons' proposals, it’s time to elaborate and inferr.
“How high are the taxes will be after the raise?” Wizard Taehyung pulled up his hand, and Hojoon could hear Sehun blowing air from his nose in disgrace from the seat behind him.
“The taxes will be doubled.” Dragon Jonghyun explained. “Such high taxes will prevent the Lions to arrenge another mutiny. Their resources will be limited nor gone.” Taehyung bowed his head when the Dragon finished his explaining.
“When will the raise start?” Wizard Kyungree fired her hand up while she asked, drawing attention to her question.
“In 30 days.” now Alexander was the one who answered. “We will inform the Knights whose incharge of the Lions' districts to start the new collecting next month.” Kyungree bowed her as well after the Dragon was done talking.
“Any other questions or suggestions?” Hansol spoke while lifting his wooden hammer. A hand was shot from the audience. When the Dragons identified the wizard, they sighed and rolled their eyes.
“What is it now, Wizard Byungjoo?” Jonghyun asked unwillingly. Byungjoo was clever, but even as Hansol’s best friend he got on the Dragons nerves. He claims to be a psychic.
The first time he “visioned” something was 2 years ago, and he said that there is a romance between a member of the royal family - Min, Alexander’s sister - and a simple Lion named Yoongi. The Dragons laughed in his face and wiped it off - lucky for them, he told them on private, so when the romance exposed a week later, it was less embarrassing than it could have been. Although, Byungjoo’s predictions wasn’t always accurate, so the Dragons just finds him frustrating.
“It won’t do, my dear Dragons.” he smirked while talking. “A rebellion is coming. You can’t stop it from hitting your dear Canibus.”
“Lions are just human garbage. They are not smart enough to make such a massive mutiny without resources that will crush us. I’m not dissrespecting, it’s just facts.” Dragon Daehyun responded,  recieving nods of agreements from Council members.
“It seems that last years your facts prooved wrong.”
“Are you
doubting our actions, Wizard Byungjoo?” Jonghyun rose from his seat, fists leaning harshly on the table. All eyes were at Byungjoo, who could see the veins popping out on Jonghyun’s neck.
“No, Dragon Jonghyun.” Byungjoo bowed his head slowly. Again, he questioned himself why to even bother telling them about his visions. Jonghyun sat too, mumbling to himself while still staring at Byungjoo.

Hansol called off the Council after decisions were made. He now needs to formulate the command of the taxes raise and send it as soon as possible to the Knights who is incharge of it. He hated to do that - too hard and too boring. At times like this he wishes Jiho would take his place and do it himself.

 

* * * * *

 

“Kyungree!” Hyosang was greeting his wife with a kiss, smiling. “How was the meeting?” 
Marrying a Council mamber was one of Hyosang’s best decisions, as he believes. As one of the most high-classed Knights he had the most power in Irascibillem - after the Dragons and the Wizards - and thanks to Kyungree, he was able to have more impact at the Council. Plus, thanks to Kyungree, he even got pretty close to Sehyuk at her Council reception ceremony.
“Pointless, again.” She said and approached the dinning table, sitting down and leaning her head on her hand. “Stupid taxes things.” Hyosang stood behind her and gripped her shoulders, massaging her stress off.
“Oh, I’m sorry you had to miss lunch for that.”
“Don’t be, honey.” One of their servents handed her a glass of water.
“Did Sanggyun made any troubles at the quarry site?” she asked after sipping a bit from the water. It took everthing from her to convince Hyosang to take her little brother to the quarry site and make him part of the business.
“Surprisingly, no. He actually listened. Usually he is just bothering Yoonchul when he supervise the workers.”
“He is young, don’t be too harsh on him.”
“I know, but he should try harder himself.”
“Oh! don’t be surprised when the Lions will ask for a raise next month.”
“The taxes are going to be that high?” Hyosang was pretty whelmed. He is pretty generous with what he pays to his workers - so if they will need a raise, it means the taxes are going to be extremly high, maybe too high. But Hyosang didn’t care, and he giggled the thought off.

In the other room, Yoonchul was listening. His eyes widened when Kyungree mentioned the raise, and they remained widened during the entire conversation. He noted her sayings in his head, and headed quickly to the back door of Hyosang’s mansion.
As he looked right and then left, he walked down the street - directing to the Lions district. The information was too important, and he doesn’t want to wait untill he will meet the Lions underground again tommorow at the quarry site.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________

The Kingdom starts off officially! Woohoo~
Sorry it took A LOT of time to upload, I was kinda busy with some projects… Anyway I'm here now keke do not worry!

As you noticed I combine MANY other idols, but eventually this is a ToppDogg fic with a bunch of extras to give it some life ^^

Sorry for not having much content. This is just beginning though, so prepare for more! I hope I would upload the next chapter in the next two weeks.

Please comment what you think so far (sorry for any typos, btw).

Luv ya

PS: Who wants to fangirl with me about this Gohn hugging Hojoon?? I think I'm dying here okay

peace out