I'm Sorry Hakyeon Hyung

[ONESHOT] I'M SORRY HAKYEON HYUNG

“The press conference held by Jellyfish Entertainment on Sunday, confirmed that the South Korean idol group, VIXX, which is currently taking their break, is assuredly disbanded. The representative of Jellyfish Ent. explained due to the lack of members and the disability of one fellow member, they came up to the decision of disbanding. The five members left are still in trauma in the lost to one of their member. And as the conclusion, the representative stated there’s no hope in holding VIXX as idol group anymore—“

CLICK.

He forcefully closed his eyes, letting droplets of saline liquid drip down his sunken cheeks.

-

A familiar van drove on the busy road of Seoul, making its way to another city, Busan.

Another schedule. Another fan-signing event.

The driver fixed his gaze on the road as the remaining six were occupied with themselves.

The dark-skinned guy in the passenger seat was too immersed with his iPhone, his eyes never left the bright screen.

The chic-looking guy was busying himself with his earphone on, eyes stared at the tint window.

The thick-lipped guy was conversing with the handsome-looking guy behind, laughter got along with them really well.

The dark brown-haired boy played with his iPod, tilting the device now and then.

And the last, the white-haired guy was just busy sleeping soundly.

A moment passed.

It was quiet as the thick-lipped guy put his earphone on and started to close his eyes, the handsome-looking guy followed.

And it became quieter. Only the sound of car engine was heard.

The dark-skinned guy snapped out from the device on his hand so abruptly, turning his head behind. He scanned each one of his fellows to see a familiar scene. The scene when tiredness came to you and you wished you can be alone by yourself and say don’t disturb me and such.

A natural urge raised up in him as in a split second a sentence was escaped from his mouth, “Guys, let’s play a game!”

No one answered. No one even looked back at him.

“Yah! I’m talking to you, not to my hand,” he spoke again, slightly annoyed.

Silence. A sigh.

“Leo-ya, why don’t you respond me?” the dark-skinned guy moved forward, deliberately sending his hand to touch the younger.

Leo flinched, he shoved the latter’s hand before they got any further to his body, sending glares Stop it Hakyeon. And the other retreated.

Hakyeon faked a pout before directing his eyes on the next guy.

“Ken!” Hakyeon exclaimed. He poked him on his arm, hoping to get some attentions.

Ken didn’t really budge.

Getting no response, he forced his arm, stretching even further behind to grab Ken’s free arm. And he did.

Ken lazily opened his eyes as he unplugged his earphone and faced the annoying-guy who uncomfortably grabbed his arm.

“What is it, hyung?” His face was plastered with frowns.

“I was talking to you but you weren’t answering or even looking at me,” Hakyeon replied.

Ken was fixing his position before freeing his arm from Hakyeon’s grasp, without words.

“Ken! Yah, Lee Jaehwan!”

“Stop it, omoni! Don’t you see we’re having fun by ourselves?” Hyuk burst into conversation, his annoyed-face was clearly visible.

“Yes, ahjumoni. Please be quiet,” Hongbin joined, he let out a small chuckle before facing the maknae.

Hyuk only remained silent as he drifted his eyes back to the device, continuing what he had left before, the game.

Hakyeon stopped, his shoulder slumped down. Taekwoon brought his gaze at the older as he noticed water started to well up his eyes. However, he did nothing.

Hakyeon took a deep breath, “Hyuk-ah…”

“Uh?” Hyuk answered almost immediately, his eyes barely left the screen.

“Do you really want me to be mute?” Hakyeon continued. His body went tense. The interview they did yesterday was really budging him. He had to end it with ‘it was a painful interview’ on the broadcast, because he didn’t even care about it, his feeling just all mixed up. He didn’t think about the words. He just let the words spurt out, clearly heard by the fans. But he didn’t care.

The other members noticed it, they all seemed to look through the hurt in Hakyeon’s eyes, except one, the maknae. And it was yesterday, the cheerful Hakyeon came back today and the members let go.

Ken suddenly opened his eyes; that question again. It’s clear he hadn’t gotten over it.  He moved his eyes in an angle where he could see Hakyeon’s face through the bright sunlight.

The leader’s face was crumpled. It’s not something Ken would see everyday, because Hakyeon didn’t show it that often. His face picturing a hurtful feeling, even it’s just a bit, but he’s sure Hakyeon’s feeling had been hurt.

Taekwoon took a glimpse of Hakyeon’s pained face, it’s kind of wrong when Hakyeon showed it to the rest of the members, it’s just unusual.

Taekwoon was just about to turn his head behind before Hyuk spoke up and regretted right away.

“Yes. I wish God grants my wish,” Hyuk replied in playful tone and ended up with chuckle. But it didn’t last long. The chuckle disappeared in split second after he looked up from his gaming device. It’s not only because he saw the hurt on Hakyeon’s face, but there were two angry faces stared back at him.

“Really?” Hakyeon’s voice was barely audible.

“Hyu—hyung,” the maknae stuttered. He glanced at Taekwoon and Ken who constantly pierced a deep gaze at him as if saying Idiot, just shut the up!

Hyuk opened his mouth to apologize but then a loud screeching sound was coming so suddenly into his ears as his body was thrown to the side.

Screams filled the scene.

Hyuk could see the world spinning outside. He slightly turned his gaze to his side to see Hongbin cried through the sound of metal scraping. Ravi was already awaken and was holding Hyuk’s left arm really hard. Hyuk winced at the pain.

Another impact washed over his body, resulting in bumping his head to the glass window on his left. The impact was hard, he could feel the hot and sticky liquid trickle down his temple.

Then there was this scream, “Hakyeon-ah!”

Hyuk couldn’t figure out what happened as Taekwoon’s body blocked his view. He only saw blood. Ken was unconscious, his head was bleeding. He’s sure Ken knocked his head hard on the glass window.

And everything’s still rolling. The scenes played like a movie, every single frame was directly captured with his eyes.

Hyuk searched for Hakyeon, hoping that he’s okay or he only got some scratches, but his vision’s getting blurry. Hakyeon’s figure looked like a shadow, another figure moved towards the passenger seat, calling Hakyeon’s name, but the other didn’t give any response.

The image went still before darkness engulfed him.

-

“It’s all my fault.”

“No, it’s not.”

“It is, hyung. It all happened because of me.”

“There’s nothing to do with you. It was an accident. Stop blaming yourself, Hyuk-ah.”

“Don’t you see him? He’s completely neglecting me. He’s mad at me, hyung. He won’t talk to me, no, he won’t even look at me.”

“Hyuk-ah, he’s not—”

“He hates me.”

-

“An accident happened at the 508 highway at 2pm this afternoon and it was soon clarified that the broken van belonged to idol group, VIXX. There’s no victim in this accident, the driver safely rescued as the remaining passengers are currently being hospitalized. No major injuries, but one of the members, known as the leader was badly—

CLICK.

Ravi sighed heavily as he removed his finger from the power button on TV remote he was holding. He breathed in, smelling the disinfectant around the waiting room.

There was a sound of door opening and closing and Hongbin came into view.

“How is he?” Ravi asked.

Hongbin gave a nod, “Hyuk’s sleeping.”

“Good,” Ravi replied, feeling relieved. “How’s Hakyeon hyung?”

Hongbin gave a reluctant NO sign as he shook his head.

“Dammit,“ Ravi muttered under his breath.

Hongbin walked over and took a sit, naturally giving a back rub to his friend.

“Everything’s gonna be alright, Ravi-ah,” Hongbin stated. Ravi ran fingers through his hair before nodding at Hongbin words.

-

“How’s his condition, Leo hyung?”

The rest of the members completely surrounded him, waiting for the latest state of the leader being announced. Taekwoon bit his lips, he took a deep breath before saying, “I want you guys to be prepared for what it is, okay. I want you to be strong.” He received some nods from those weary faces, the older sighed. “Okay, so Hakyeon’s condition is really bad.” His voice cracked.

Taekwoon rubbed their hands together, the warm feeling was created, but unfortunately it didn’t reach his heart. He took a deep, long breath and continued, “I saw it.” A pause.

“I saw the glass shard piercing through his throat.” He heard gasps.

“It wasn’t that long, but it cut Hakyeon’s breath off. He was…he was hyperventilating, choking, sobbing, and…and he looked at me. His eyes were pleading for me, they said please help me Taekwoon. But I…I couldn’t reach him, there was another impact and my body was thrown to Ken’s side. When I had steadied myself, Hakyeon was unconscious. He’s completely unmoving. And…and the blood—“ He trailed off, realizing that the tears were already streaming down. It’s suffocating him. The words he came out with were pricking his heart. The images which getting along with it were blinding his vision.

“And the doctor said that…” he looked up, wiping the tears and scanned the look on each one of the member’s face. There were tears that mingled with emotions they couldn’t even describe.

“…the doctor said that he is no longer able to talk.”

And the crying went harder.

-

“Hakyeon-hyung. How are you today?” a cheerful voice echoed the sterile room.

“…”

“You’re hungry right?”

A nod.

“I knew it. That’s why I bring this—TADA!”

A warm chicken porridge was packed in a yellow box.

Hongbin carefully opened its lid as the warm steam came out, making a small cloud inside the room.

“Here, let me feed you,” Hongbin took a spoon of it and blew some air to cool it down a bit before slowly putting it on Hakyeon’s mouth.

“Woah! STOP!” A roar stopped Hongbin on his track. Both of them looked up to see Ravi’s panicked face.

“What? What?” Hongbin asked, still holding the spoon.

“What are you doing? His throat hasn’t fully recovered and now you give him some hot…hot food??” Ravi’s eyes widened in disbelief as he tried to reach the spoon.

“It’s only porridge and I’ve asked the doctor, it’s all okay Ravi-ah.”

Ravi calmed down a bit, “Are you sure?”

Hongbin nodded, he gave a reassuring smile before giving the porridge to Hakyeon.

Ravi smiled. Hakyeon had gone better.

He watched as Hongbin slowly and carefully put a spoonful of porridge into Hakyeon’s mouth. He watched how Hakyeon’s condition improved.

But, he still got this words trapped in his mouth. There was something budging his mind. Something he hesitated to talk about.

There was a pregnant silence before he cleared his throat, getting attentions from the other two.

“Hakyeon-hyung,” Ravi started.

Hakyeon looked up, his hand moved up as he wiped the remaining food on his lips.

“Uhh…,” Ravi lowered his head, the image of Sanghyuk lingered in his mind. He searched for the best word to describe what’s in his head as he fiddling with his fingers.

Hongbin didn’t let any single word, his mind was too preoccupied with what Ravi’s going to say.

“Hyung, you know,” Ravi moved his gaze, completely facing Hakyeon. “It’s about Hyuk.”

Hakyeon’s body jerked a little, but he managed to pipe down as Ravi didn’t seem to notice it.

Ravi went silent again, taking a deep breath before continuing, still playing with his fingers.

“I know you were mad at him, weeks ago.”

Hakyeon didn’t give any responses.

“But he’s… I don’t know what to say, hyung. He’s…,” Ravi was stuttering, his nose went red. Hongbin noticed Ravi’s eyes were glimmered with tears. So did Hakyeon.

“He’s breaking down,” there’s a crack in Ravi’s words. “He’s breaking down and…,” he paused, gathering the air he needed for his lungs.

It was silence again. No one dared to speak. Because the one who had to respond wasn’t able to do anymore.

“…I don’t know if he can hold it any longer.”

-

There was this huge stain in Sanghyuk’s heart, the guiltiness. This huge stain should have been cleaned. But before he had the will, it’s just too late. He had locked his mind, covered his heart, and let the darkness consumed him. Sanghyuk was no longer having a will to move on.

The image of Hakyeon neglected him; when he’s begging for forgiveness; when he’s on his both knees asking if there’s something he could do to make him look at his face again, to play with him again; when he made a promise he would give everything he had, even his soul to make Hakyeon’s eyes set on him.

But those images were distracted by the word, “Please God, please make N hyung mute.”

The cruel word was just coming out freely from his mouth, and everytime the word came into his mind, he would unconsciously slap his own mouth. Stupid! You stupid jerk Han Sanghyuk. You should just die instead of making your hyung suffer!

Hyuk jumped to the conclusion that Hakyeon wouldn’t ever forgive him. Never.

And the will to forgive himself died down with it.

 

Sanghyuk had been locking himself in his manager room for 2 weeks. He only went out to grab some leftovers and went back to the room, not forgetting to lock it back. Each of the members were trying to ask him to go out and letting them explain everything, but to no avail, it’s useless.

They would say something about it’s not your fault or this was just an accident or don’t blame yourself on this, but Hyuk didn’t want to hear any of those things. The only thing he wanted to hear was Hakyeon has finally forgave you.

If only he heard it sooner.

-

Hakyeon was finally discharged from the hospital. Ken was personally driving with his own car, considering their manager was unable to drive for weeks, head trauma.

Ravi and Hongbin followed along, leaving Taekwoon and Sanghyuk at the dorm. Taekwoon had initiated himself to do the chores for the day, because Hakyeon had finally come home.

In the middle of doing his duty, he knocked on Hyuk’s room. As always, no sound came out.

“Hyuk-ah, Hakyeon is coming home today. He’s on the way here. Please come out and greet him, okay.” Receiving no response, Taekwoon went back to work. He had to finish before Hakyeon came in.

Taekwoon’s almost done with his chores as a thought slipped in his head, “Ah, I haven’t bought the groceries. I should get going now.”

He was whispering to himself, walking to grab his purse and didn’t forget to knock on Hyuk’s door, “Hyuk-ah, I’m going to buy some groceries now. Mind if you open the door for them if I haven’t arrived here yet, hm?”

Still no response.

“Hyuk-ah.” Taekwoon knocked on the door for the second time, hoping to get some responses or much better if Hyuk opened the door. But it’s still nothing.

He went for another knock before his eyesight caught something coming out from the gap below the door. He had to narrow his eyes to get a better view, but then he lowered himself to check further.

It’s red. Some red substances came out endlessly. And it’s flowing, like water.

He widened his eyes at the sight. He let out gasp before standing up and starting to pound the door. “HYUK-AH! HYUK!! HAN SANGHYUK!! OPEN THE DOOR!!”

His fist was repeatedly hitting the solid surface and the red substances were still streaming out, flooding the area around him.

Taekwoon tried to break down the door but only resulted in hurting his shoulder as the crack sound was heard between the impacts. He moaned in pain.

As he wanted to try another push, the bell rang. They’re here.

Taekwoon rushed to the door and hurriedly open to reveal some happy faces, “Annyeong hyu—wha-what’s wrong?”

“It’s Hyuk! Help me! He’s….blood. I don’t know.”

The happy faces fell and the members dashed in the room.

“There!” Taekwoon pointed at the crimson liquid which was flooding the floor. Ken was the first one to try breaking the door, since he turned the doorknob and found that it’s locked.

The door didn’t move slightest bit after being pushed hard by the man.

Taekwoon suggested to use their legs altogether to tear down the door. And it did after a loud bam was heard.

All the members rushed inside the room, except the leader. Hakyeon stood still.

Hongbin entered the room as soon as the door broke down. It was dark. The room was dark. Taekwoon shakily walked over to turn on the light.

And then it was bright. It’s so bright that everything in the room was clearly visible. The room was a mess. There were writings on the wall, crumpled papers, broken chair, flipped table, blood, and Hyuk.

There was a penknife on Hyuk’s hand and more blood endlessly leaked out from a huge slash on his neck.

And Hyuk was no longer breathing.

-

“If God were to grant you one wish, what would you wish for?”

“Please God, please just take me away.”

-

“The press conference held by Jellyfish Entertainment on Sunday, confirmed that the South Korean idol group, VIXX, which is currently taking their break, is assuredly disbanded. The representative of Jellyfish Ent. explained due to the lack of members and the disability of one fellow member, they came up to the decision of disbanding. The five members left are still in trauma in the lost to one of their member. And as the conclusion, the representative stated there’s no hope in holding VIXX as idol group anymore—“

CLICK.

Hakyeon forcefully closed his eyes, letting droplets of saline liquid drip down his sunken cheeks.

THE END


 A/N: FINISHED!! Sorry for killing our Hyukkawaii T___T Yea, I know I'm cruel >.<

Should I make another chap? I have this plot in mind, the same story from Hakyeon's POV. What do you guys think?

Anyway, thank you for those who subscribed and commented^^)/

 

BONUS: Cutie Leo *o*

Bonus: Cutie LEO *o*