Young Love - Is near you,...

Not So Far Away Young Love

“It’s cute right,??”

The male smiles showing his cute gummy smile. Another male besides him just nodded. Face amused sawing the happiness in brunette face. Their cute interactions cause the salesgirl that serves them to giggle.

 

 “You two are so cute. Are you two couple,? This couple shirt will suited you two..” the girl spaz over them.

 

“We two look cute right,? Apparently, we’re not couples. I’m not going to accept this kind of person as my boyfriend after all,..”

 

“What,?? Are you insulting me,?? Sungyeol you brat,.” The man locks Sungyeol boy head in his arm. Sungyeol smile and laugh happily. Face contorted in pure happiness.

 

The salesgirl rolled her eyes. “And they say they’re not couple,..”

 

 

“Jagiya,………” another male voice can be heard. A pair of hands snake its way onto Sungyeol waist. As on cue, both boy turn and met a flawless face of another anime looking boy.

 

“Myungie-ah,..”

The boy gives a peck on Sungyeol lips. This time, the salesgirl rolled her eyes in disgust due to the boy bold PDA. “Disgusting handsome looking gay,…”

 

All of them are oblivious to the other reaction that reflected on the other boy face. It’s written all over his face – pain and hurt.

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

“And he says that the couple shirt that I buy don’t suit us. He even says that I’m childish for cry out loud. My Myungie has change Woohyun-ah.” Sungyeol keep on whining. He keeps on wiping his imaginary tears.

 

Woohyun pats his head lovingly.

 “There there,..It’s ok,. It’s his fault for not being understands how to value the couple thingy.”

 

“Right.. As always, only you will truly understand me.”

 

Woohyun smile sarcastically. ‘ Right,. I really understand you. And it’s you who never try to understand me. Never try to understand my feeling towards you.’

 

“So you take it ok,. Let’s wear it next time and pretend to be couple in public. I bet that salesgirl from the shop will be in pure bliss when she saw us wear the couple shirt. After all she ships us right,.”

 

Sungyeol playfully shoved the shirt to Woohyun. Or so he thinks until he saw the failed serious face Sungyeol attempt to do.

 

“Sure thing darling,..” Woohyun sarcastically retorted. Acting as if it’s not a big deal when in his heart is blooming with happiness.

 

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

 

Woohyun try to hold his annoyance towards the couple. He try his best,. He really did.. He tried to ignore their lovey-dovey affection by acting to be blind. Not listening to their mushy conversation by being deaf. He even ignores the couple for month. But he’ll always fail when Sungyeol comes and attack him with his puppy dog eyes. Asking,. No it’s more to forcing Woohyun to join them.

 

 

So that’s it. Woohyun’s effort of avoiding the couple go to waste as that time, he’s with them. In the cinema - waiting for their movie to starts.

 

“Really,?? Are you two kids,?? Did I really have to follow to all your date and become chaperone all the way,??”

 

“Yes you did have to. God knows what I will do if there’s only me and Sungyeol. He’s too tempting and I don’t want to taint his innocence.”

 

God,. How Woohyun wants to shove Myungsoo’s mouth with something – anything. Because Woohyun know. He knows how tempting Sungyeol can be. He knows more than anybody else. How hard it is to resist Sungyeol. He just knows everything.

 

 

 

It’s pathetic…

 

The day Woohyun wants to confront Sungyeol about his feelings is pathetic. It is 2 years ago when Woohyun come to sense that he actually crazy in love over his best friends – his male best friend.

At first, he takes it as a phase. That he’ll move over the phase. But after two months of avoiding Sungyeol, the reality knocks into his thick skull. He in facts falls deeply in love with Sungyeol. And that’s the start of his sad love story – a far-away young love.

 

 

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

 

 

[Flashback approximately2 years ago]

 

 

“Woohyun,. Why did you avoid me,? Did I do anything wrong,? Do you hate me,??”

Sungyeol have an unpleasant face. His hands playing with the straw of his ice Americano. How Woohyun wants to just hug him, kiss him all over and says nothing wrong but it’s him who finally realize his feelings. But he can’t. He don’t even know if Sungyeol like him. And what if Sungyeol is homophobic,? He can’t risks of losing Sungyeol.

 

So at last, he just shook his head. Mouth still shut from saying anything.

 

“Did you perhaps hear everything,? And you then realise that you’re homophobe and you suddenly hate me so that’s why you avoiding me for the past two month. Perhaps you’re disgusted with me right now and,…..”

 

Sungyeol starts to talk in his bullet train speed. A sign that he is nervous and Woohyun have to capture and grip his hand from wailing in the air.

 

“Hey,. Keep calm. What’re you talking about,? I don’t get it,..”

His heart beats fast. What homophobe,?? Did Sungyeol know that,?? Will he lose Sungyeol.??

 

“Didn’t you hear that,?? Me and that junior – the Myungsoo boy,. Going out since last two month,. I thought thatwhy you avoid me,..”

 

And all the thing drawn to Woohyun. Sungyeol is having someone else. He has other boy as boyfriend. Of course he’s not homophobic. But that’s also means that he had lost him. And he can just laugh. The first insincere laugh he has.

 

[Flashback ends]

 

“Arghhh,!!!”Woohyun was brought back to the reality when he feels someone hugs on his arms. Sungyeol is hugging his arms as if his life depends on it. His face shows a pure horror.

 

Woohyun chuckle lightly. Oh that’s why he like watching horror movies with them. Sungyeol will always prefer him than Myungsoo. Even he’s taking things for granted, ha cannot help it. At least he can feel being the centre of Sunggyeol affection even if it’s just in the dark room for a while, he’ll be content with it.

 

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

 

“So, since you don’t want to be our chaperone anymore, he’s comes trouble~~” Sungyeol ends his words with SNSD ‘I got a boy’ lyrics. Earning a hard smacks from his beloved Myungsoo.

 

 “Grow up dear,.. Grow up,..”Myungsoo retorted. Sungyeol just rolled his eyes. A typical stubborn Sungyeol if I may say.

 

“He’s Sunggyuhyung. One of my sunbae in college. Sungyeol says you two will make a good couple. So start shake hands both hyungs,..”

 

Myungsoo is not that good from Sungyeol actually. They both will just make the world chaos. It’s already a chaos when Sungyeol try to push Sunggyu towards Woohyunand Myungsoo’s helping with his too much energy. Causing a domino effect when Sunggyu trips on his legs, pulling Woohyunwith him, and Woohyun just happen to push a waiter on his attempt to save himself. The waiter apparently was holding a glass of water and

‘Swoshh,…’

The water successfully land all over a pretty girl wearing a flower dress. Making the girl dumbfounded. The boys in fronts of her (probably her date) choke on air in order to be polite by not laughing at her hilarious face.

 

“May your flower grow to become prettier flower miss,..” Sungyeol say while bowing to the girl. “And make a lot of babies hyungs,..” And the two idiot couple leaving the diner with ease. Leaving Woohyun and Sunggyu in complete awkward.

 

 ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

Woohyun is leisurely strolling around. Sungyeol is busy preparing something for Myungsoo as the day was their 2 years anniversary.

 

‘He’ll be busy preparing something for me if I was fast enough to tell my feelings.’

He continue to chuckle in pain until he caught a sight of two boys kissing.

 

It’s nothing at all. He might just found if it’s not for the necklace one of the boys wearing. The necklace – only Sungyeol and Myungsoo have it. It is their couple necklace after all.

And realisation hits him. The boy- Myungsoo is with Sunggyu. He cheated on Sungyeol. Woohyun’s blood boils. Without thinking, the gets to the couple and give a good two punch on Myungsoo face, add with one more in his stomach.

 

“You bastard,!! And you can even laugh in front of Sungyeol,..” Woohyun spat. Myungsoo smirk. A dark laugh escape his lips.

 

“So you’re acting like a damn angel right now.? You’re not a bastard,?? Loving your own friends with him know nothing,??Isn’t it good,?? At least when I break his heart he will go to you right,???

“What,?? You piece of ,…”

Woohyun will be sending Myungsoo to his death. Really if that’s not because of someone blocking the way.Precisely, Sungyeol blocking Myungsoo from Woohyun wrath.

 

“What’re you doing,??!!” Sungyeol yells. The first time Sungyeol yells to him. And it’s enough to shatter his heart to pieces. Heknow, he’ll never win. He chuckle darkly. Darker than the one Myungsoo did before. And he smirks sarcastically.

 

“I wouldn’t tell him anything. Not for you. But for his sakes. And yes I’m a bastard. A bastard that stupidly in love with a person that don’t even acknowledge him,. At least I’m feeling content with just seeing him be happy..”

Woohyun left the place with a pained smile plastered on his face. He can’t stay or he’ll really break down.

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

 

“It’s too hurt Woohyun-ah,. I couldn’t take it anymore,..” the sound of Sungyeol sniffing breaks Woohyun hearts,. Sungyeol finally knows. He don’t need a lifetime to know how up Sungyeol right now.

 

“Yeol-ah,.. Be strong,..”

 

“I can’t,.. I just want all the pain to go,.. What should I do,??”

 

“Woohyun-ah,.. Should I go to so that all the pain willdisappear.??”

 

“Yeol,.Sungyeol,. Don’t you ever do anything stupid,. I’ll go to your place right now,..”

 

 

Woohyun runs. He runs in all his might. His ultimate destination is Destiny cafe. Sungyeol’s favourite café. And it’s a record, really. How fast he run that he can reach the café in just 15 minutes. He scanned for the one person. The subject of his affections – Lee Sungyeol.

 

The brunette was leaning in the wall of the café. Eyes closed as if he’s in a deep thinking.

 

Woohyun take a step, two step and as he’s near to Sungyeol, his track stops. Myungsoo suddenly appear from nowhere in front Sungyeol. They seem to be in argue until Myungsoo embrace Sungyeol. Sungyeol’s resistance towards Myungsoo gets weaker until he’s hugging Myungsoo as if he’s hugging his dear life.

 

 

And that’s when Woohyu assumes Sungyeol will be okay.His pain has gone. And Woohyun assumes that’s the time he should go too,..

 

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

 

“Why did you go,??”

“There’s nothing I should do,.”

“Didn’t you should comfort me,??”

“I see someone has comfort you already,..”

“Woohyun,..” Sungyeol pull Woohyun to face him.

“Why did you left.??’

“I see that you’re not hurting anymore and that you’re not sad so I might just go right. Since you’re ok and all,..”

Woohyun try to laugh even it sound fake. And Sungyeol is not that stupid to understand that the laugh was not genuine that he cringes upon hearing it.

“So that’s it,. Did you really plan on being by my side whenever I’m sad and leave whenever I’m happy. That’s so sweet of you,..”

He sarcastically said. But earn nothings in response. He knows Woohyun. And by saying that, he know that he need to push him a little bit more before he exploded.

“Don’t you like seeing me happy that you don’t want to be with me when I’m happy,?? Did you hate seeing me happy,??”

 “I like it,!! I like it ok,. To see you happing is what I want. But me not being the one that cause your happiness is hurts. I hurt so much,. It’s not fair Sungyeol-ah. Whenever you’re hurting, I’m hurting too.. But even when you’re happy, I’m hurting when I see you happy because of someone else,…”

 

Tear escaping both Sungyeol and Woohyun eyes. Both are hurting.

 

“Is that what you saw me all this time,?? You like me Woohyun,??”

 

Woohyun nods. He feels his life crush down when he heard Sungyeol steps. Sungyeol will be leaving him,.. Or so he thought.

 

But he gets the shock of his life when Sungyeol suddenly hugs him.

 

“It must be hurting so much right. You should tell me early silly,. Seeing you crying like this is hurting me too you know,..”

Sungyeol chuckle playfully. His hands busy wiping Woohyun tear.

 

“You did,??”

“Of course I did,. I just cannot come to the term that I like my own best friend I guess,..” he smile sheepishly.

“What,??Am I that bad,??”

“No,!! It’s just that complicated you know,??” Sungyeol tighten his hug. Lips busy pecking any parts of Woohyun that he could reach. And Woohyun was in pure bless.

 

“Still I feel pity for Myungsoo,..”

“Not again,.” Woohyun try to pry off Sungyeol’s hug.

“Don’t,.” Sungyeol keep on locking Woohyun in his embrace.

“It’s kind of I’m the one who cheating on him you know. Saying that he hates the couple shirt so that you’ll be the one who’s will be wearing it with me. For God sake, Myungsoo’s passion is couple thingy.”

Woohyun laughs. Sungyeol is impossible,.Really,..

“And sit in between you two while watching the horror movie and acting all shocked so that I can constantly hugs you,……”

at the point, Sungyeol’s face already beet red. And Woohyun was already rolling on the floor. Good thing they’re at Woohyun house. Sungyeol puts his hand on his face. His face will burst seriously.

 

Slowly, Woohyun pry his hand away. His eye locks on Sungyeol’s dark orbs. Slowly but surely, he leaned into Sungyeol’s face. The kiss was slow and sweet. Woohyun whisper on Singyeol’s ears oh-so-slowly.

 

“Today, let me taint your innocence,..”