Chapter One

Last Stop to Nowhere

Hyukjae was going to ing murder her. 



 

He was this close; he didn’t even care, because he would do something if she didn’t shut up in the next five seconds. Apparently the teacher’s warning went high over her head, it didn’t matter if he threatened to beat her because what did she care, her father owned a goddamn phone company, she could sue him and this school and do plenty of other Hyukjae’s family could never accomplish in the next fifty years. 



 

He could break off the tip of his pencil and feel if the point was sharp enough to stab it in the girl’s eye, figure he could do enough damage to her cornea and wait for the perfect moment to reach out and grab her head. That is if homicide were legal and if his class didn’t already find him weird of some sort. Which he wasn’t but half the school was paranoid and it’d be best to go with the norm, supposedly. ing idiots. 



 

Now the girl was going off about how unfair her life was and how she clearly deserved all the worthwhile crap there was to offer and Hyukjae was going to slit so bad he would need a therapist later on after this. 



 

He gnawed on his eraser, trying to focus on the work rather than feeling the need to indulge in ripping the girl’s head off. He sorted through his mind of some dance routines he had to practice after school, putting all of his attention on that and feeling somewhat less irritated. Whatever choreography Junsu inputted last Friday could’ve confused some of the dance members and they probably would have to repeat it today, just to get the idea of some of the steps and footwork. The festival was a few months away and with only this much progress they were sure to mess something up. Freaking Junsu and his need to show off, except there was barely anything to brag about, but he supposed it was just his blind ego making Junsu look pitiful as per usual.
 

Okay, so maybe thinking about dance rehearsals and routines was a bad idea. He should do his work and genuinely wonder about how light is affected by gravity. Gravity only affects – no, wait, wait, he wasn't in physics. He wasn't even taking physics. What was this? Government class? Was he taking an AP course? , this was going to get cut soon. 



 

“And then Jaejoong kissed me! Can you believe that? He really kissed me and oh my god, I swear I thought I saw some kind of heaven waiting for me in that mouth.” What the ? “He’s so cute. Ugh, I can’t wait to see him later. He looks so good today.”



 

“Shut the  up,” Hyukjae muttered, throwing a look her way. He could break her neck and get away with it this second, just leave school and live in the mountains herding alpacas and no one would even care. Maybe Choco. Maybe. He'd like to think Choco would care. She was turning more into a spoiled princess than the one talking nonstop in front of him. 



 

The crony who sat next to her widened her eyes. "You guys are together? Since when did you guys make it official?" 



 

"No, not that," the in Prada fumbled with her fingers, looking sort of shameful and Hyukjae almost snorted. "We aren't together in that way. We just, you know, yeah, just made out. He's not…I don't know, he isn't into that stuff. I tried to ask him about it but he didn't tell me. Just smiled and told me I was pretty."

 

The other one shrugged, writing something in her notebook. "Maybe he might be into you for real? Oh my god, what if?" She gasped, a brightened expression playing on her face. 



 

Hyukjae watched in disgust when the girl smiled smugly, throwing her hair back, almost slapping him in the face. "He might be. I wouldn't be that surprised though. I mean right? He still wants to kiss me after three days so like, yeah, he probably is into me." 



 

The crony squealed in delight, hitting her friend's shoulder playfully. "You're so lucky! Jaejoong is ing hot. Miyoung would be so jealous. When do you think he'll make the first move?" 



 

He should've killed himself when he had the chance, but instead Hyukjae watched the self-proclaimed queen sigh and rub her chin in deep contemplation. "Don't know when but it should be soon. Oh my god, imagine if he takes me to prom, oh my god. I have to start looking for dresses soon. I'm going to meet him after this class. Then I'll see how far he's willing to go. Prom is going to be so goo—"



 

Hyukjae had never been so grateful to hear the bell, a melody blocking out the screech in the girl's voice, and he almost slammed his binder against her head for a celebratory need. He threw everything in his bag and left immediately, not wanting to hear anything more of what he was forced to. Hard to believe there was a time when he liked that girl back in freshman year. Her smile covered all the superficial horror deep within so he couldn't blame himself for falling helplessly. Maybe. Whatever.
 

He forgot what her name was anyway. 



 

"Sungmin, you son of a , where the are you?" he muttered to himself, looking around as he opened his locker. The only friend he was willing to make in these past seventeen years was Lee Sungmin, who unfortunately was not here. He’d been Hyukjae’s since the beginning of time and knew everything about anything as well as how to do it all pretty damn efficiently. 


He could shoot fire out of his if he wanted to (Hyukjae was set on the fact that could happen, no matter how many times Sungmin retorted that no, humans don’t have flames somewhere along the prostate but really, wouldn’t have that been cool to see?) and Hyukjae would never be able to balance one foot on the toilet but that's essentially what made them good friends in the first place. That and sharing a mutual hatred for Park Yoochun as him being slightly more perfect than Sungmin since second grade brought them closer than ever.  



 

Whatever the case was, Sungmin never ceased to fail Hyukjae in his time of need. In other nicely put words, Sungmin was Hyukjae's obedient, pretty lapdog. 



 

A few moments after, Hyukjae spotted a familiar dark head making his way through the crowd of people, and a hand that forced its way to Hyukjae's face before he could even say hi. 



 

The thing with Sungmin, as with all perfect people, was that he had a very slight temper problem.  



 

"You're such an , you ing , you ing , I can't believe you didn't wake me up for first period," Sungmin breathed heavily, nostrils flaring. "I was counting on you to get me up ten minutes before six – ten minutes Hyukjae, how long is that – and you didn't even bother to call or text me and I came in late, , Choi was so pissed off at me, almost hit me right then and there. I should beat the crap out of you."



 

Hyukjae rubbed his jaw from the previous blow. "Jackass." 



 

Sungmin glared at him. "So what's your excuse this time? Had to take a dump? Made out with a girl again, I'm assuming? God forbid you guys ed?" 



 

Hyukjae grinned. "You think I can get laid?" Sungmin raised his hand again. "Wait wait, no what I meant was – I forgot. Honestly. I woke up kind of late today too and freaked out so I didn't remember reminding you. And shut up you , you never wake me up on time either so we're all screwed one way or another. No, wait, you do wake me up on time. No, you don't. You don't." 



 

Sungmin shook his head in disappointment. "Yes I do, Hyukjae. Point is, and seriously just try to remember or something, you have to wake me up on days I ask you to. Choi is giving me a hard time with that exam he wants to give us next week and I'm way behind on schedule. I can't even go to band practice because of it. Oh, by the way, here's your CD," he said, handing a disk over. "Got the songs you wanted for the festival. Sungjin says to kiss his ."


 

"Tell him to my ." Hyukjae smiled at the disk in his hands and waved it around. "And I thank you oh so kindly." 



 

Sungmin didn't look as pleased as Hyukjae would like. "Just remember to wake me up when you do. I'll see you in English. I’m telling you, if you don’t wake me up tomorrow I swear—" 
 

"Okay, okay, get the out of here, I got it.” Hyukjae turned around and felt Sungmin’s presence wear off hesitantly, mutters of “son of a ” becoming fainter by the second. Once the lunatic was out of sight, Hyukjae put the CD in his bag and started taking out a few books for his next class, already feeling the ache his back would have to endure for three minutes while getting there. A few girls were walking past him, talking in hushed giggles about something he caught on to after they stopped near where he stood. 



 

"–really, you saw him? He was talking to Minho on the field? I thought he didn't play anymore."



 

"Of course he doesn't but Minho is his friend. He probably wanted to know what was going on. He is kind of cute, though." 





Hyukjae almost scratched his eyes out. He just left that side of hell minutes ago. He knew girls didn’t talk about boys all the time. Sora didn’t do that at home – she shaved her legs and talked about cats living under Hyukjae’s bed that would very soon possess his body if he didn’t do whatever Sora told him to, a story for another day – but the morning seemed to drag and none of the conversations were ever about him so he was getting tired by much of it.


He began to quicken his pace, shoving the books into his bag; ready to leave, knowing his teacher wasn’t too fond of tardies. Or anyone named Lee Hyukjae. Or anyone.
 

"Donghae quitting the team made me kind of sad. He made soccer games more enjoyable in a way. Don’t you think so?"




Donghae?
 

"You just liked his in those shorts."


 

"Can't blame me if you saw it yourself. Seriously, most of the guys here have almost nothing to show off." 



 

Hyukjae could feel a sense of paranoia rush through him, consciously touching his own . He checked to see if they were pointing that insult at him specifically. 



 

"Yeah, well, anyway, he's not coming back to the team anytime soon. Everyone said he might not even be playing in spring. You think he could be assistant coach for the girl's soccer team?" 



 

"I wish. Then I'd join to see all that good stuff stretching on the field."



 

"I said assisting not doing Pilates, you ert."
 
 

Hyukjae glanced back at his locker. He hadn't heard anything about Donghae not making it for soccer season in spring. He assumed the guy would be playing again by that time, despite whatever happened. He didn't really know the entire story, not including the rumors that came with it, as he refused to believe anything that ran down the halls. Once Hyukjae heard something about himself, something about him being a transual with a naval ism and never believed in another rumor since that day. There was a good 70-90.65% chance Sungmin spread it. The little .





The girls went on to a new topic to discuss as they began to walk away soon after and Hyukjae was left alone wondering about other things. He hadn’t seen him since last year when Donghae fell and broke a leg due to some complications Hyukjae wasn’t too sure about. It wasn’t Hyukjae’s fault, obviously not, no, he just heard of it at school when every soccer-related freak started ranting about how this would ruin their chance at the big game. Everyone freaked out but Donghae didn’t look twice as shaken up.


Almost like he couldn’t have given a .


Not that it mattered to Hyukjae. He barely knew Donghae. The only encounter they had was back in elementary school when Hyukjae stole the kid's Oreos and had to pay the price by being sat on his face until he screamed 'Uncle'. Now thinking back on it, that Donghae guy had some serious issues that had to be dealt with. 
 

The late bell rang a few seconds later, alarming Hyukjae out of his rumination. A chorus of "" escaped his lips as he slammed the locker door shut and darted through the hallway in record time. Hyukjae had a knack of doing things well when he was under pressure. He called it a gift. Sungmin put it as another meaning for desperate.


Hyukjae sped through quickly, possibly making record time the best forty seconds of getting to a class on the second floor, finally getting to the door without many injuries.


Unfortunately for Hyukjae, Mr. Choi didn't believe in records and only resorted to unneeded punishment and Hyukjae’s calves never really were the same after this day. 


If anything, he blamed it on Donghae. 




 


my first attempt at writing a chaptered story after a long, long time. i know the first chapter kind of and that donghae didn't really make an appearance and maybe this isn't the story you guys were looking for and i'm sorry, i really am. i'm trying to write this with enough motivation to keep on going and i hope you guys enjoy some part of it! maybe! hopefully! 

just so you know my updating skills and who knows when the second chapter will be updated oops