Warm up my Heart

Warm up my Heart

Warm up my Heart

 
 
 

In a small bakery in one of the crowded streets of Seoul named ST☆RLIGHT, the head chef wiped the sweat forming on his forehead as his hands gently squeezed the white icing out. He then looked at his finished product and nodded his head in approval, his hand taking off his chef toque as his dyed silver hair stuck to his damp skin. The other chefs clapped their hands at the masterpiece. A three layered wedding cake complete with laced edges, perfect red roses and pink ribbons wrapping around. Cha Hackyeon smiled briefly, placing on his hat once more as he started to deliver it to its destination. “Should I come along?” another chef said, wiping his hands dry.

“No Sanghyuk, I’ll go alone,” Hackyeon replied, thanking his team before climbing into the van, starting the engine.


The young chef was at the age of 23, silver hair, and a pair of brown eyes. He didn’t like to take requests where he had to deliver his product, but it wasn’t his choice. Finally arriving at Jellyfish entertainment building, he went to the back and started to pull out his sweet desert carefully. Stepping inside, a cold shiver ran down his spine, making him tremble. Hackyeon couldn’t understand why people were staring at him as he walked towards the end point of his destination, the door opened to reveal a photo  shoot, the photographer rushed over to him. “I’m so glad that you delivered this cake just in time. Thank you. It looks so fabulous.”

“I’m glad that you like it,” Hackyeon breathed, placing on a fake smile. That’s when the models came out, one particularly have orange hair, which interest the chef. But, Hackyeon ripped his gaze away, starting to head out when a hand stopped him. He looked back to face that certain model that he was staring at, a grin placed on his face.

“Are you gay?”


Hackyeon entered the bakery with a somewhat angered expression, the others getting concerned. But no one dared to say anything as the mad older went into the break room. It wasn’t that he was mad at his co-workers, rather, at a model who asked a stupid question. So in the end, Hackyeon kicked the idiot in the private area, rushed out and drove away. “Hackyeon-hyung…the owner wanted to see you in his office,” Sanghyuk informed, swallowing hard from time to time. The older gave out a troubled sigh, rubbing his forehead and walking towards the main office.

“Come in,” a very bold voice shouted before he could even knock. Just like his co-worker, he swallowed hard, opening the door as the owner glared down at him. He didn’t have the smile placed on his face like always, just a disappointed face. “You’re very lucky that the company didn’t sue us.”

“I’m sorry-”

“Instead of apologizing to me, rather, apologize to the model you injured.” Hackyeon wanted to defend himself, but he just couldn’t. Plus, it was that models fault for asking him that question. A minute passed as he started to leave, eyes checking the time as his figured that he shift was over.

“Why would he ask if I was gay?” Hackyeon pouted to himself before stepping out into the cold streets, the soft snow fluttering into the darken sky. Winter was already here, the cold atmosphere making the young chef shutter. Maybe it was time for him to dye his hair…but what color? “Ah- yes…dark brown,” he decided on, tightening his coat closer to him, enduring the freezing winds that passed by. This winter was going to be harsh since it always happened to him. This was the season Haekyeon always had his heart broken.


It’s been a day since that very incident where his poor babies felt that sudden impact. Kim Wonsik was now resting in his penthouse, trying to rest. “Man that cutie…beautiful yet deadly.” But that cake he tasted was absolutely delicious, the flavor hitting his taste buds hard. It was truly an elegant cake. “That was the best cake I ever had…” That’s when a knock came from the door, two figures bursting through the door, which Wonsik already concluded that it was two of his best friends. Lee Hongbin was an actor, and Lee Jaehwan was a singer. All three of them were childhood friends so it was no surprise that they gained fame together.

“Hey Ravi,” Hongbin gigged.

“Using my model name huh,” Wonsik chuckled.

“He also used Ken for me.” all of them laughed together, the two looking at the left over cake that was recently placed on the model’s table. Jaehwan heard his stomach growled and kindly asked if they could have some. Wonsik nodded his head, reaching for some plates and wine glasses, hands reaching for the finest wine in his fridge.

“Did you get this awesome cake from one of your photo shoots?” Hongbin questioned, taking yet another bite of the pastry. Wonsik nodded his head, sipping the wine down. His two friends looked at him and smiled.

“Wonsik-ah, want to go to the club with us?” Jaehwan asked, draping his jacket over him.

“Weren’t you supposed to be practicing for your next comeback?” the model smirked.

“Can’t you see that I escaped?” the singer laughed, heading out the door while dragging Hongbin, understanding that their friend wasn’t in the mood to go out. After they left him, Wonsik finally thought of an idea. Tomorrow morning, he was going to head down to the bakery, ordering some sweets before heading to work. Will that give him the chance to meet that cutie again?


Hackyeon yawned deeply, escaping from his warm blankets and started scrambling for some clothes, dragging his body towards his closet. That’s when he remember to freshen himself before changing, which made him groan as his hands closed the closet and started to head towards the bathroom. “Hackyeon just survive today, it’s going to be alright,” he assured himself, looking at his reflection in the mirror. Everything was going to be alright, after all, it was going to be a normal day like always. With those words stuck in his mind, he finally got dressed and headed out into the cold atmosphere, desperately tightening his grip on is jacket for even the slightest warmth as he could hear the snow scrunch under his feet.

“Chef,” Sanghyuk called out, grabbing the attention of the older. “The magazine came out with your cake on the cover…reviews are really talking about how great it looks.” Hackyeon breathed out a sigh before running his fingers through his hair.

“Of course it looked good…it’s a cake I built with my very hands after all.” The younger nodded his head before rushing inside. The other followed behind, spotting the owner. Jung Taekwoon was the manager/owner of the bakery and showed no mercy in punishing his workers but everybody knows that he has a soft spot for Sanghyuk as he was the youngest.

“Hackyeon good job,” was all he said before calling Sanghyuk inside his office. The other co-workers often bullied the youngest by saying things like the owner in him were doing some mature stuff in the office. The older knew their relationship with each other, but he didn’t bother pointing that out with everybody. That’s when he heard the front bell as it meant the door has opened, his body rushing over to the counter.

“Welcome to ST☆RLIGHT, how may I help you?”

“I had forgotten how cute you looked,” a familiar voice that made him twitch as he brought his head up to face the model, which he injured. Literally, his jaw dropped as he made a disgusted face before asking yet again. “Oh, I want some chocolate chip cookies made by you,” Wonsik smiled before clapping his head like a little child.

“Lucky for you, I made these yesterday. How much would you like?” the model puffed out his cheeks as he was thinking how much he should get, poking his bottom lip with his index finger before replying.

“2 dozen chocolate chip cookies,” he replied, grabbing his wallet as he sighted the number that was the cost before grabbing some won. Of course he paid a bit too much but told the older to keep it as change. “I’ll see you after your shift,” Wonsik hollered out before exiting the store, munching on the delicious snake. Hackyeon on the other hand was trying hard not to crumble the money in his hands as he placed all of it inside the cash register.

“Wasn’t that the famous model Ravi?” one of the workers gasped, making the older click his tongue in annoyance before making his way into the kitchen, getting started on baking more cookies.


“So hilarious,” Wonsik chuckled to himself, feeling the bag already empty, pouting. He wanted more. Rather, he wasn’t expecting to finish all those cookies all by himself. “Man that guy is such a cutie though.” The stylist were handing his clothes already, the manager muttering something under his breath.

“Why not dye your hair blonde this time?”

“What?” Wonsik said in confusion before heading in the dressing room, taking off all his clothes before putting on the new outfit, listening to his manager rumble one about the different colors his poor hair had to endure.

“You would look good with blonde hair, I can just picture it.”

“Alight then we can do that,” Wonsik grumbled, getting slightly annoyed as he pushed his way to make his face all pampered up before heading in front of the camera, doing what he always did. Wonsik bit his lips, held his side and made an ic face that was surely going to kill of many of his fan-girls. The photographer was commenting on how y he looked which made him feel good, because he was y. Kim Wonsik was the face of Jellyfish entertainment. Nobody was going to replace him. That’s when he looked at his watch, noticing that it has only been a few hours. What time was the bakery going to close? He did not know so he decided to leave work early and venture over towards the shop, waiting patiently for the one he was interested in.


Hackyeon stretched his arms widely, finishing the last button on his jacket before stepping into the cold streets, blowing out the frosty carbon dioxide. Stuffing his face closer to his scarf, he noticed someone approaching him, a confused face being shown as it was model. “Man, you guys work so late, it’s alright nightfall,” Wonsik pointed out, blowing on his shivering hands. The older sighed as he took off one glove and offered it to the shaking younger, watching those eyes sparkle under the street lights.

“Here give me your other hand.” Wonsik felt his other hand go into the baker’s coat pocket where it still had warmth, his cheeks heating up as this was the first time he did any of this. “Don’t be mistaken, obviously you were cold so I just wanted to give you some warmth.” But Wonsik was feeling a bit curious on why the other’s hand was still cold. He kept his mouth shut though, walking alongside the baker as no words were said between them. That tone was so dull, so bland, Wonsik was curious if the other smiled at one point.

“After you hand is warmed up, don’t ever come to me or even think about waiting alright,” Hackyeon breathed, stopping his tracks as he turned his body around, with cold eyes. “It’s a pain seeing your face, so annoying.” The previous smile on the model quickly disappeared, hands separating as he tilted his head.

“What is wrong with you? First you go all warm on me and then you go cold.”

“Got a problem? Good, now it tells you to stay away from me. Do you think I like putting up with people like you?” Wonsik suddenly felt anger risen, his fist clenching. This wasn’t what he expected this person to be like, honestly, he found it really unattractive.

“You really reek with the scent of trash. No wonder people don’t like you,” he breathed, regretting it shortly after as the other held a sour face. Hackyeon felt the tears already coming, but no, he wouldn’t look weak in front of a clueless person who didn’t understand.

“Reek of trash? You don’t know anything about me so I advise you to stay out of my life. I don’t need any of your insults especially those words coming out from your filthy mouth.” The younger instantly griped the other, lifting his body slightly up, knuckles itching to punch this person’s face. But that look still lingered, making Wonsik click his tongue. Those dull and emotionless eyes made him confuse as his hands loosened, dropping the older down onto the ground. Hackyeon felt the snow already melting beneath his bottom as he picked himself up, throwing his glove on the floor.

“Aren’t you going to take it, I’ll give the other one back.”

“I don’t need these anymore. My hands are already cold as it,” he breathed, heading the other direction. Wonsik hesitantly took the lone glove on the floor, wondering why the other did that. Better yet, the baker knew his hands were always cold. Enough, he shouldn’t think about that person anymore, a person with a heart filled with darkness. But his mind was still frustrated so he decided to take a drink, heading into the closet bar, ordering some soju. His order came quickly, hands griping the glass hard. That’s when he heard a conversation nearby, a description alerting his attention.

“Didn’t you date this baker at ST☆RLIGHT? Wasn’t his name Cha Hackyeon?”

“That was last year in winter. I was just having fun since I'm not gay, I treated him like trash yet he still was with me.”

“He was cute though.”

“I could have used him as a slave but he was too clingy maybe because his past relationships were harsh also. But I got bored with him and dumped him.” That’s when Wonsik finally understood why the older was cold to him. It was because he was hurt and in pain. How stupid of him to treat him like that. That’s when he recalled that the older said to him that he didn’t understand anything.  “Maybe I’ll go back to him to have more fun.”

“Hey!” the model called out to the two guys. They both looked at him, one of them giving out a chuckle.

“What do you want?” one of them growled, likely to be the one who dated Hackyeon judging from the voice. Wonsik punched the guy in the face, cracking his neck, ready to say something.

“Don’t you ever approach Hackyeon again,” the model said.

“And who are you supposed to be? Are you his new lover?”

“I am,” Wonsik blurted out, not feeling ashamed. The guy looked a bit shocked but didn’t say anything until he was already heading out the door.

“Hackyeon can get manipulated easily…have fun.” That made the younger shiver from the words, his head turning the other way, not wanting to hear anything. That’s when he wanted to see the older. To apologize? No. To say what was on his mind even if the older didn’t accept it.


The water dripped into the sink in a slow rhythm making Hackyeon lift his head to see his reflection. His currently appearance was different from when he was in high school. A face that wasn’t bright. A face that never smiled anymore. A face that looked unrecognizable. Who was Cha Hackyeon? An innocent high school student who didn’t care about how he acted and never found out about his uality. How the years made the currently him cringe at what he had become. A young adult who’s heart kept breaking, always leaving a piece behind. Before he knew it, he has become a lifeless puppet who bids to anyone’s command so he doesn’t get thrown away, to not have the pain inflicted on him. Yet, it was his fate to feel the pain every winter. The other seasons always gave him time to prepare as right when the cold sets in, reality crushed his fragile self. The words of Wonsik still stuck in his head. He could never understand what he always had to go through as history repeats itself. “Everyone should just disappear,” his voice soft yet broken. His hands reached for a razor blade as the cold metal hovered over his tan skin, the pain washing over his body. It was better to inflict the pain willingly to ease his already bleeding heart. The red liquid mixed with the water, fusing together as it went down the drain. Hackyeon found this a smoothing sight as he heard the doorbell ring, his body panicking as he started to wipe away the fresh blood from his wrist, pulling down his sleeve to cover the wounds as he went towards the door.

“Hackyeon!” Wonsik called out, making him shocked.

“H-How did you know my name, rather, how do you know where I live?”

“That doesn’t matter right now. I’m sorry for saying all those things.” Hackyeon’s eyes widen slightly, face looking down as it’s been a really long time since he heard an apology directed towards him. He nodded his head awkwardly before feeling a pair of warm arms surround his body.

“W-What are you doing?” the older groaned, trying to pull the other off him but the body holding him wouldn’t move. He felt the arms getting tighter, his body feeling the pressure.

“Please…Please let me love you. I’ll make you see that this winter will be the warmest you will ever feel so please give me the chance to pamper you and make you forget the pain you have felt for all those years.” That’s when he broke, the tears flowing out from his eyes as Hackyeon tried to stop them but it was no use as he felt his body become weak.

“N-No…l-leave me alone…I d-don’t need the p-p-pain anymore,” the older sniffled, stuttering on his words of rejection. But the younger wouldn’t budget as his leaded them inside, hearing the door close before directing them towards the couch. Hackyeon stuffed his damp face into the broad chest as they were both seated down. Their arms never letting each other go.

“I will make you fall in love with me and I will show you true happiness. The warmth I will give you, it’ll melt the ice away.” Wonsik felt the movement of the baker’s head moving as his eyes sighted a trace of red on his sleeve, freeing one of his hands to look at it. That when he witnessed the slashed wrists, making the older jolt up and trying to make up an excuse or cover it up. The younger grabbed the hands of the older, kissing the fresh wounds, hoping that it was heal quickly as he started to search for some medical kit that would help.

“In the closet...the bandages and medicine,” Hackyeon muttered loud enough for the younger to hear. With that, Wonsik spent some time carefully wrapping the two wrists, never questioning why the older would do such a thing. In fact, it made him even more determined to make the older smile and be happy. That was what he wanted. To love a person who would be happy with their self and love him in return.

“Okay, I’m going to head home. I wrote my number down already and placed it on your fridge. Don’t be afraid to call me. Since today is Thursday, I’ll be coming back on Saturday so that we can have our first date. I don’t care if you don’t think we’re dating, all I want is to hang out. Leave the weekend open and call me whenever you are lonely or need me.” With those words being said, Wonsik was alright at the door as Hackyeon followed him, thanking him for the treatment. “Oh one more thing I have to say.” The older tilted his head slightly, confused. “I love you.”


Today was Friday and Hackyeon still tried to forget the younger but it was no use as he often found himself gazing at the wrapped wounds. How the touch made him warm but no, he shouldn’t open his heart. Yet, it was happening once again. The thought made Hackyeon grind his teeth together. He was opening his heart once again…but this time it felt right. Maybe Wonsik won’t be like the others...maybe he was different. “Chef you’re burning the caramelized sugar coating,” Sanghyuk pointed out, making the older quickly act, preparing another. Once in a while, he would make an expensive looking desert for someone and that happened to be a sweet that would be given to the model. Even though they were a bakery, it was like a restaurant bakery with a large kitchen. There were tables out so that people enjoy their treat but not much people come here.

“Sanghyuk take care of the rest, my shift is over and I have to go somewhere,” Hackyeon said. He headed outside with his jacket, walking alongside the countless shops, looking at the items on display. That’s when he went into a store, getting a certain item. A box of red hair dye. He needed a new look after all. With the fresh desert in his hands, he decided to keep it in the fridge to give it later to the younger. He found himself in front of his apartment already, stepping inside and quickly dyeing his hair. As he was changing his hair to red, he hummed a little tune.


Wonsik finally got off work on Saturday and rushed home, getting a change of outfit as he grabbed his wallet, expecting to pay for everything. His two friends were crashed onto the couch, resting together with their underwear only which made him chuckle. Heading out the door, he was racing towards the baker’s place and had to thank this Taekwoon for giving him the address. Finally reaching there, he knocked on the door to see the older with red hair. Hackyeon looked up and was surprised with the other’s freshly blonde hair. “You look good with red hair hyung,” Wonsik complemented first, smiling afterwards as he stepped inside. The baker secretly admired the younger with his blonde hair but was a bit afraid to complement. He was about to pull out the dessert but felt his jacket being draped over his shoulders as he looked back to see the younger pointing towards the door. “C’mon we’re going out just like I said. I can see you’re already dressed up so off we go.”

“W-Wait...Wonsik I…” his voice died out as he didn’t want to tell the older that he made something for him, it was embarrassing. The model raised an eyebrow but dragged the other, making sure to spend some time for Hackyeon to lock his door. After that happened, once again, the older was hauled off towards an expensive looking car which he as placed inside.  “Where are we going?”

“Since it’s too cold to take a walk and a movie seems boring, I was thinking about going to the mall.”

“The mall? Why?” Hackyeon questioned.

“Because I want to buy you things.” Hackyeon wanted to say something against that but it was too late as they were already driving along the highway.


They stepped inside the building, crowds of people already bumping and squeezing together. Hackyeon’s eyes looked around the stores, heading inside one that seemed to have caught his interest. The younger followed him behind, trying to avoid the countless stares at him. This was after all, a store company that he modeled for. Even his picture was hanging on the wall as Hackyeon didn’t even notice it. “I used to come here a lot of get clothes. I guess you can say that it’s my favorite brand to wear.”

“Then get a bunch of them alright,” the model smiled, watching that face brighten just a bit as hands started to look for the size and different designs. Wonsik sighed to himself and took a seat, closing his eyes as he felt something tug on his sleeve. His attention snapped back at the older as a massive pile of clothes was in his hands.

“What? You told me to get a bunch of them right?” Hackyeon smiled, heading into the changing room. The younger chuckled to himself, lifting up his head and waited for the older to come out with the fresh clothes on his body.


Hackyeon happily clutched the bags close to his chest, heading outside with the other, feeling the cold lashes of the wind blow on his face. That’s when all his body temperature started to freeze his body instantly freezing. Wonsik noticed and grabbed his arm, making them run as they both tried to ignore the icy winds. Eyes scanning for the car, the younger succeeded when he spotted his vehicle, placing the baker inside first before heading inside as well. “I’m sorry about this, you must be very cold,” the younger apologized, turning on the engine as he pressed the button of the heater.

“I-Its fine Wonsik,” the older replied through shivering lips, gripping onto his jacket for even the slightest warmth.

“We’ll head to my place alright? Since it’s apparently closer than your apartment,” the model decided on, glancing at his shivering hyung as those eye lips started to fall. “You really are the cutest thing in the world,” he muttered to himself, keeping his eyes on traffic.


The older finally awoken, warm and sluggish. Groaning, he started to sight his surrounding, which the blazing fire place was the one thing that caught his eyes. The flames were burning a certain heat that made him feel happy, a feeling that he wanted to keep. So this was the power of a fire place? A very special feeling indeed. “Are you awake now? Right when I touched you, your skin was really cold so I rushed you inside and started the fire.”

“Y-Your place? I do remember you saying something about your place.” Wonsik chuckled, holding two mugs which were filled with streaming hot chocolate, taking a seat on the comfortable carpet. He handed one to the other, watching those lips place themselves on the rim, the noise of swallowing being heard. Hackyeon glanced at the other to see a very deep blush on his face.

“H-How’s the hot chocolate?”

“It’s very good. Did you put anything in here?”

“Yeah, a slight amount of banana milk.” Hackyeon looked down at his mug and instantly started to drink more. After all, banana milk was one of his favorite drinks as he drunk it all down. the rest on his lips, his eyes glanced back at the older as he snuggled deeper into the warm blankets.

“I’m so cold, come over here and warm me up.” Wonsik smiled and wrapped his arms around Hackyeon and pressed their lips together. No one neither backed away nor flinched, just stayed there like that. This was the feeling of loving someone, but this was different. It was the feeling of true love to Hackyeon, a love that would never cause him pain. It was the right thing to do, to open his heart once more. Being in this guy’s arms was the best feeling ever.


The morning rays sneaked through the curtains making Hackyeon open his eyes to face the other beside him as their hands were still intertwined with each other. Giving off a slight giggle, he started to get out of bed, putting on his shirt and went out the door to find two unknown people sitting on the couch. “Oh, its Ravi’s new lover!”

“H-Huh?”

“Would you guys just be quiet in the mornings,” Wonsik grunted out, pulling the older into a tight hug, nuzzling his head into the croak of his lover’s neck. Hackyeon blushed at the images that reappeared into his head from last night, his cheeks giving off a red tint.

“I’m the oldest Hongbin which I’m an actor.”

“My name is Jaehwan, I and Hongbin go back a long time.”

“What about me?” Wonsik pouted playfully, leading both of their bodies on the couch, the older giving off a soft giggle. “Now that you guys seen my boyfriend, would you give us some private time.”

“But didn’t you get enough private time last night,” Jaehwan answered back, bursting with laugher with his lover. But they got the hint that the two love birds wanted their precious time and scattered without saying anything.

“So does that mean we’re lover?” the older asked, looking up with curious eyes. The younger gave off a chuckle, connecting their lips together, mingling their tongues together until he left the other breathless.

“Do you even have to ask after last night? I don’t like doing one night stands, especially when I want you to stay with me forever.” Hackyeon started to blush, covering his face as he tried to think of something to counter those beautiful words that made his heart active once more. The beating was stronger than ever, which made him smile in delight.

“I love you Wonsik.”

“I love you also Hackyeon.”


The upcoming week was Christmas and Hackyeon decided to bake a splendid cake to celebrate together.  It was only a few days ago that he older had moved in with his boyfriend and found himself waiting for his significant other every night since Wonsik started to get plenty of job offerings. “He’s late again...well can’t blame him. He comes home late and gets up early, never bothering to eat breakfast or dinner,” the baker sighed to himself, wrapping the untouched plate before placing it in the cold fridge next to the forgotten plate from last night. That’s when he heard the door open, Wonsik coming in, lazily taking off his jacket and crashing onto the couch. “Wonsik, please sleep in the room if you’re tired.”

“Hackyeon…what are you doing up so late?” the model asked in a monotone, drowsy voice.

“Well I was waiting for you but then dinner got cold so I ate mine and placed yours in the fridge.”

“I’m sorry honey, I’m sorry for having a busy schedule…I’m sorry for not having time for us,” the younger started to apologize, reaching out for the other. Hackyeon accepted those warm hands to wrap around his body, a soft voice whispering into his ear. “I have New Year’s and Christmas off, want to celebrate together?”

“Yeah…we’ll celebrate together.”


Right when Christmas came up, Hackyeon found himself alone as his lover had to go overseas to complete this important photo shoot. The cake he had finished was on the table, not one bite taking off. A tear slipped out from his eyes as he tried to wipe them away. He shouldn’t feel sad and lonely. After all, Wonsik was gaining popularity in a fast increasing pace. The perfectly wrapped gift was still in his hands, his eyes glancing at the bright fire place. This was an important place as this was the moment where he finally realized his feelings, his heart going strong as the fire. A smile was placed on the baker’s face as he wrapped a blanket around his body and slept on the gr0und next to the heat, hugging the present. “Even though you are very far away from me, the heat of this fire is just like your arms, your heart. I miss you very much but I know your love will only be for me,” Hackyeon whispered those encouraging words before falling into a deep slumber, barely hearing the front door.


That very morning, he found dozens of presents around him, all with sorry notes written on them. Hackyeon didn’t care about the presents, rather, where the younger was as he frantically searched for the other. There he was, sleeping in bed. Instead of jumping on him, Hackyeon faced his lover, sighting those dark circles, the hue a darker color. “Have you been staying up late daily?”

“Yes I have dear, they have been working me till late at night,” Wonsik groaned, pulling the other into the covers, stuffing his face into his lover’s chest, tightening his arms. “I got your present also…I’m definitely wearing this wristwatch every day.”

“I’m glad you like it as it took me an hour to decide.”

“I love it honey, I’m very happy to receive something from you.” They spent the whole day together, laughing, smiling and hugging. Hackyeon inhaled the precious scent of Wonsik as he was forgetting how it smelt like. They also were neat the fire place, telling each other sweet whispers of their love for each other. Outside, the snow was falling soft, the light from the stars giving the frozen scenery its special gleam.


New Year’s was approaching fast as Hackyeon got off work easily as his boyfriend was waiting outside for him, their arms searching for each other. “I missed you,” the younger breathed.

“I missed you more darling,” Hackyeon smiled as they started to walk.

“Baby, we won’t be able to spend New Year’s together because of work.”

“It’s okay, I understand.” Hackyeon wasn’t really disappointed as he already had so much love inside him. It was probably going to be a couple of days later that they would celebrate together so he decided on buying something right on the actual date. Wonsik glanced back at his boyfriend, biting his lips slightly as he clearly lied to his lover. He didn’t to tell the truth on what he was going to do on New Year’s.


The day came as Hackyeon started to put on his coat, leaving the house as he felt the snow fall onto his head, making him laugh slightly. His mood as became happier than his past self, no longer was his depression was strong like in the past, rather, he was happy, tremendously happy. “I wonder what I should give him.” His friend Sanghyuk was shopping with him to give Taekwoon something also. Yes, he even made a special bond with his co-worker, a very special friend.

“Hackyeon what are you going to buy?”

“Maybe I’ll make him a cake and a couple mug,” he decided on since he heard his lover saying that he wanted something like that. They continued to talk as they walked into a store as the older picked out a pair of mugs that were cute. He imagined Wonsik drinking something with the mug in his hands. Sanghyuk was going to look around more so the other decided to walk out. “I hope he likes…” his voice started to die out as he spotted Wonsik with a girl by his side as her arm was linked with his. That’s when the fire burnt out.

“Hackyeon-hyung I bought…what’s wrong?” Sanghyuk immediately asked once that wet liquid roll down those cheeks. Wonsik suddenly noticed the older, his eyes watching the bag drop to the floor as his dearest started to run. What has he done? No, this was a misunderstanding.


The older didn’t know how long he ran, but he knew it was very far away from the pain. The flames had died, extinguished by a sudden gust of wind, a sudden splash of water. The fire of his burning heart has now died out, the ashes scattering away. This pain was intense as the throbbing of his heart was slowly suffocating him. he was stupid enough to open his heart yet again this winter, this bitter season that has always cursed him. That’s when he phone started to ring as he noticed it was from the younger as his finger hovered over the green button. But it went straight to voice-mail as he heard Wonsik’s voice. “I don’t want to hear your excuses,” he muttered to himself.

“Hackyeon-ah where are you? It’s all a misunderstanding. That girl is my boss and she was helping me pick out something for you. We were only linking arms together since this expensive shop was having a sale to any couple that went inside so we acted like one.”

“Liar,” Hackyeon said bitterly.

“I’m sorry Hackyeon that I had to skip out on you because I wanted to buy you something precious and I have. Please come back to me, please let me see you. We had nothing going on, I love you and only you. My heart only beats for you. All my love is for you and only you. Please just let me see you so that I can kiss and hug you till your hearts contend.”

“Liar, liar, stop saying those sweet lies to me,” the older sobbed gently, starting to walk towards somewhere, anywhere that he thought his lover would be at. The words of a confession making his heart follow where ever the beat was. To revive that fire was burning so brightly to shine yet again.

“There you are Hackyeon,” the younger shouted, grasping the other’s body, pulling them both into a very tight hug. Their cheeks were wet from the tears they had shed, the older gripped on hard as if he let go, and he would sink into a bottomless ocean where he would slowly die forever. “Please believe me Hackyeon…please believe me,” Wonsik’s voice hiccupped as he tried to fight back those tears.

“Wonsik…I’m sorry for accusing you when I know you love me the most.” The older would have liked to hug him forever but saw a suspicious figure looming behind his lover, pulling out what seemed to be a gun pointed out at the model. Before the trigger was pushed on, Hackyeon violently pushed the younger away and felt a painful impact on his stomach, his legs suddenly weakening as a warm liquid started to stain his hands. The person ran away, discarding the gun nearby as Wonsik rushed over to him.

“Hackyeon no, don’t die on me, please don’t leave me,” the younger started to sob once more, having the police already on his phone. “You’re so stupid Hackyeon, why did you do that? You didn’t have to take the bullet for me? The ambulance is on their way, you’ll survive, please don’t leave me”

“W-Wonsik, I’m starting to f-feel numb,” the baker mumbled as his body started to feel cold and heavy.

“No, don’t talk like that. I can hear them coming now, please don’t die on me. See look? I bought a ring for you,” Wonsik’s words sounding like a blur as he slipped the metal on his lover’s finger, seeing that smile appear on his face.

“It looks pretty Wonsik…very pretty…Wonsik…I love you…I really love you.”

“Hackyeon-ah I love you as well so please hang in there…please be with me forever.” Hackyeon smiled once more as the younger noticed that his eyes wasn’t dull like before, rather, gleaming with life.

“You have made me the happiest man on earth. Even though our relationship had ups and downs, you really have changed me. I’m glad I met you…and I’m glad that I was loved by a wonderful man like you,” Hackyeon managed to breath as his lifted his hand to touch the other’s cheek, caressing it.

“Hackyeon…please…don’t leave me…” those words shaken with sorrow as Wonsik touched his lover’s hand.

“Wonsik-ah…thank you for loving me…thank you for warming up my cold heart…thank you for showing me what loving a person can really be like…” Hackyeon, in fact, knew that his life was slowly coming to the end and felt glad that Wonsik was by him. The ring was shining brightly which made him very happy. “Since I met you…I described my love for you like a fire place because you always made me warm.”

“Darling I hear them, you’re going to be okay. We’ll spend any holiday together so please don’t leave me. I want to wish you a happy birthday, I want to give you chocolate on Valentine’s Day, and I want to celebrate them all with you,” Wonsik sniffled as he heard the sounds of the ambulance coming. Why weren’t they coming faster?

“Promise me one thing, promise me that you will find someone…but never forget about me?”

“How can I promise such a thing? I want you by my side. I don’t ever want to forget you.”

“Make sure to spent all those holidays with them and balance out your work…make sure to have a loving family…never hit your children and never let them lose their goals and dreams…” the baker started to cry himself, his lips quivering. “You…are my…one true love…thank you…Wonsik…” His eyes closed and the last sound he heard was those words being said back and a scream of agony. How warm he was, how happy he felt, how he finally learned what true love was like.


It’s been eight years since Hackyeon’s death. The shooter have been, in fact, hired by another model agency that wanted him to be out of the picture. Wonsik quitted his job as a model and settled in a new one that would work well with his wife’s schedule. He loved her very much but he always knew that his heart belonged to the precious baker. No matter what they did, his lover was never brought back but he kept his promise. He fell in love with a girl and married her. Now she was three months pregnant and he was excited. “Remember to be a good father,” Hongbin smiled.

“I never knew you were bi-ual,” Jaehwan chuckled. Wonsik ignored then both and carried a bouquet of flowers as he went inside his car. He bid his goodbyes to his two friends and started to hit the road. His phone rang and he answered it immediately

“Honey, where are you right now?” his wife asked in a curious voice.

“Today’s the day remember?”

“Oh yeah, just come back safety okay? The roads are icy.” He smiled and answered back as he hung up, stopping as he got out of the car. He would hear the snow crunch from underneath his shoes as he stopped at a gravestone.

“Today’s the day that we started going out Hackyeon. I hope you are looking over my family and being proud of me for keeping your promise. My wife and I hope that you are doing well and I love you.” with those words being said, he gently placed the flowers down and smiled. The warm tears dripped onto the cold snow as he looked up at the sky, remembering peacefully the memories and the ring that was buried with his love. “Thank you for appearing into my life Hackyeon.”

 
 
 

author's notes: I woud like to thank dream_keeper88 for putting this chapter layout on the market which is for free. This actually took me quite some while to write since I have been very busy with school work and my own love life but I actually feel acomplishied for finishing this. Also, this one-shot was written only by the flow so I had no word limits which this makes it my first time doing that. Make sure to give VIXX a lot of love also. Please support my other stories and keep following me dear readers~

Saranghaeyo~ <3 <3