Leaving and Being Left

Leaving and Being Left

In front of the cameras, Eeteuk said that he would support whatever Hankyung's decision would be and that he would always be welcomed to come back to Super Junior. But deep down inside, he just wants Hankyung to stay and never to leave. It was already sad enough with Kibum's absence which was later on followed by Kangin but at least, they didn't leave Super Junior.

 

But Hankyung really left. Instead of being in a farewell party, instead of driving Hankyung to the airport, Eeteuk chose to do his work and tried hard to forget that it's the day Hankyung would officially leave Super Junior and Korea. Later that day, after Hankyung left, after Eeteuk got back from work, he learned that some of s didn't say goodbye to Hankyung because they felt the same way with Eeteuk.

 

That's when Super Junior really started to fell apart. Kibum decided to officially leave Super Junior for his acting career. Kangin decided that he just wants to lead a normal life from now on. Yesung became a solo singer in another company. Ryeowook followed Yesung's footsteps and became a solo artist in another company. Siwon decided to move on to acting and modelling. Shindong even left because he found a better job with a better pay as a host in another company. But what really hurt Eeteuk was when Sungmin, Eunhyuk and Donghae left to be in another company and in another boyband. So the only ones left were Kyuhyun, Heechul and Eeteuk but they had to part ways anyway because Super Junior just won't work with just the three of them.

 

Years passed by. They all still had good careers despite not being Super Junior anymore. Eeteuk still held the anger and sadness in his heart as he woke up everyday to look at the small picture of all Super Junior members together. He remembered all of their birthdays but he wouldn't bother to greet them. Sometimes he received calls from them but he would never answer it even if it was a long distace call from China. He would work with some of the members sometimes but he would never get friendly with them. But when it comes to text messages, he wouldn't delete it because i might have something to do with work.

 

"Do you know what day it is tomorrow, hyung? I'm coming back to Korea. Please fetch me at the airport. I'll be looking forward to seeing you." That was a text message from Hankyung. It won't be Hankyung's first time to come back to Korea after permanently staying in China but Eeteuk wondered why Hankyung requested for him and not Heechul or Siwon. Those three still seem to be close even if they were in two different places.

 

Of course, Eeteuk knows what day it would be tomorrow. It would have been Super Junior's 8th anniversary if they hadn't broke up. But he wondered if Hankyung was asking that question related to Super Junior's anniversary or was he simply asking that to see if Eeteuk knew that he would be arriving tomorrow. If he was in his usual self, he wouldn't go to the airport. He would choose his job rather than to see Hankyung just like the day Hankyung left Super Junior.

 

The next thing Eeteuk knew was that he was driving towards the airport early morning. He wondered why he decided to do this. Maybe it has something to do with today being Super Junior's anniversary. He really doesn't know but somehow, he felt compelled to show up to the airport.

 

"Hyung, you're here!!!" Siwon hugged Eeteuk, who became tense and stiff. It's been a long time since Eeteuk received a hug from Siwon. Then he remembers how Siwon is normally a touchy-feely person. Eeteuk allowed himself a small smile and hugged Siwon back. "Hankyung said that you didn't reply to his text message so he also asked me to be here."

 

Eeteuk simply nodded. They became silent for a while as they waited for Hankyung to arrive. Then Siwon decided to speak again. "Hyung, why do you keep yourself so distant?"

 

Eeteuk was glad that he didn't have to answer that question because Hankyung finally arrived. Hankyung was really surprised to see Eeteuk. There was that air of awkwardness but he smiled towards Eeteuk and genuinely said. "I'm glad that you finally decided to see me, Eeteuk-hyung."

 

Eeteuk doesn't know where they were going. Siwon and Hankyung seem to know but Eeteuk decided not to ask.

 

"Hyung, let's be Super Junior once more." Donghae said with a smile on his face. Eeteuk found himself in a room with the rest of the Super Junior members. Eeteuk looked at each of their faces. He counted all of them. They were complete. After being apart for years, they were finally all together and complete.

 

There was a project for them. A reunion concert. Apparently, it seems to be only Eeteuk that didn't know about it. "We tried to tell you for months but you refused to talk with us. Are you really that angry with us?" Kibum asked.

 

Honestly, Eeteuk felt happy but his anger was the emotion that would easily surface. "Why do we have to be Super Junior once more? So that we can break up again?!?!" He looked at their faces and saw that shock, disappointment and sadness. "If you want a reunion concert, feel free to do so but I won't be joining."

 

Eeteuk left. He wondered if this was how they felt when they all left Super Junior. It hurts as much as being left behind.

 

 

THE END

 

A/N:  This was written some time after Hankyung left SuJu but instead of focusing on Hankyung, I wanted to focus on how more or less the leader, Eeteuk, would feel.  I hated writing this but at the same time, I want to prove that I can write angst and sad fics too.  And of course, I don't want SJ to break up or any other boyband out there~ I've NEVER been an anti fan~  Comments please? Even if it's sad... >.<;;