ABA: Accidental Baggage Assumption

ABA: Accidental Baggage Assumption

 

{}

 

“Finally!” you exclaimed as you began to kiss the lobby floor of the Incheon International Airport. “Solid ground!” People were looking at you strangely, but you didn’t care. You had just spent the last fifteen or so hours several thousands of feet above the ground. You hated flying.

 “Um, miss?” came a voice from over your head. You looked up to see a security guard. “You could get sick by doing that, you know…”

You stood up and brushed off your clothes, acting as if you hadn’t been worshiping the ground just seconds before. “Right,” you nodded and turned to look at the guard. “Which way to baggage claim?”

The security guard pointed off to his left (your right), staring at you like you were crazy. You didn’t mind, though. You were used to it.

You smiled brightly at the man. “Thanks!” you chirped before skipping off in the direction he pointed you in.

 

{}

 

You were vaguely aware that there was an abnormally large number of females ―ranging from teens still in their school uniforms to women in their mid-to-late twenties― roaming about the airport just then, but you didn’t think about it too much. At the moment all you cared about was getting home to see your family face-to-face for the first time in two years.

You were startled out of your thoughts when the large group of young women began to scream. It was then that you noticed the fan signs. “Fan girls,” you muttered with a shake of your head.

You had never really been into any kpop group. Instead, your interest had always been focused on American music and culture, which is why you had practically jumped at the chance to be a part of a two year foreign exchange program at your university. You knew about most of the bigger groups, of course. It’s not like you lived under a rock.

Breaking out of your train of thought, you stepped up to the baggage claim, ignoring the fangirl screams even as they got closer. Just as you were about to grab your suitcase, a hand reached out and took it. You turned to see it belonged to a young looking, dark-haired young man with a cute face.

“Um, what exactly are you doing?” you asked.

The man frowned. “I’m getting my luggage,” he responded. “Isn’t it obvious?”

You were becoming aware of the group of men behind this guy, and the crowd of fans holding their pictures behind them, but that wasn’t going to stop you from saving your luggage. “The only thing obvious to me,” you retorted, “is that some sadly deluded man is trying to steal my suitcase.”

One of the other young men ―you assumed he was another idol― leaned over to the would-be thief. “Hyung,” he whispered. “What if she’s some sasaeng trying to get your things?”

Unfortunately for them, you were close enough to hear. “Sasaeng?!” you exclaimed. “I’m not the one trying to steal another person’s bag here!” By now, the whole crowd was dead silent.

You sighed. “Look, honestly? I don’t even know who you guys are.” This received shocked looks from everyone who heard. “From the signs,” you continued, pointing to the crowd of fans, “I can assume that you are ‘Super Junior’. To tell the truth, I’ve never really been a fan, so there’s really no reason for me to want your bag.”

“She’s lying, oppa!” yelled someone from the crowd.

You ran a hand through your hair out of frustration. “Fine!” you shouted. “I’ll prove it!” You grabbed the suitcase from the thief and opened the front pocket, removing a photo album that was filled of pictures of your time in America. You showed it around. “Satisfied now?”

The would-be thief nodded, smiling sheepishly. “Yeah… sorry.”

“Sungmin-ah!” shouted one of the other guys, causing your thief to turn around. “There’s your suitcase.” You looked over and saw a bag exactly like yours coming out of the machine.

The guy (“Sungmin,” you thought to yourself) turned back to you. “Hey-”

“Look,” you began, cutting him off. “I really have to go.” With that you zipped up your bag and walked out of the lobby.

 

{}

 

You spent ten minutes trying to get a cab before one finally stopped. “Finally,” you muttered as you put your bag in the trunk.

Just as the driver was pulling off, someone jumped in the door opposite you. “Excuse me,” you began as you turned to the person trying to mooch off your cab ride. You stopped, however, as you noticed who it was.

“So, I figured I should treat you to dinner to apologize,” said Sungmin with a smile.

“What do you say?”

 

{}

Okay, so author's note time ^-^

How did you like this? I'm kinda thinking that I should turn this into a short story, but I have a lot on my plate with "Isis" and my YAMO story right now. But as a future idea, what do you think? Would you like to see a continuation?

Also, please let me know if there is anywhere in my writing that you can see needs improvement. I want to be a good writer for you all!

To my Isis and/or YAMO: MBLAQ Edition readers/subscribers (and to the rest of you who are reading one of my stories for the first time, too! *waves hello*) I have a few more one-shots that I have ready to post in between updates. Thank you for being patient!

Final thing. To those who have read my other writing, you might have noticed that all my stories aren't in the same POV. So my question to anyone who wants to answer (either in the comments or through a PM or wall post) is which POV do you like reading more? 1st (I, me, we, etc.), 2nd (you), or 3rd (he, she, they, etc.)?