I'll let you go

I wish capturing your heart is as easy as capturing picture with this camera

 

“Aishh, why is the lighting so bad today?” she sighed. She took a good look of all the pictures she took but none seemed to reach her expectation.

Click Click.

She took another and another one, but again every single one fail to impress her. She sighed.

Frustrated, Jen gave up. She decided to go home. Maybe she was too tired and need some rest. She walked by the park which is now seems to be one of her favourite place to drop by. She crossed the grass to head towards the big tree.

“Hey big tree, why is it of all places, this one is the only place I feel at ease?” she placed herself on the bench. Cold wind blew lightly hitting her face.

She took her camera out. Searching for the right angle, she took a couple of shot. “Much better.” She told herself. It was almost dark; the cloud covered the sunset completely.

She looked up in the sky.”L, if you still didn’t regain your memory in a month, I’ll let you go. I promise.” She mumbled to herself.

She took a step ahead, but suddenly she stopped. “Myungsoo…”

“Why is it whenever I go, I will end up meeting you?” he said. “Don’t blame me for that.” She told him. She then started pacing. “Oh by the way, if you don’t want to see me again, don’t come here cause I like coming her.” She told him and grinned.

“I only come here because I had a dream about this place, not because I want to…” he explained. Without a word, she left him. *It’s not a dream L. You used to come here.* she thought.

“Yah, Jen.. Are you leaving already?” he shouted loud enough for her to hear. She turned to face him. “What, I thought you hate seeing me?”

“I do, but today I’m in a good mood… I need some companion.” He told her. Jen headed towards him.

“Companion?”

“I saw you were using a camera earlier. I used to have a camera I think, but it kinda…Lost…” he explained.“Wait! You remember you had a camera before?” she asked. “I’m not sure..I think I had. Would you help me find a new one?” He asked.

*Oh, you give away your camera because of that stupid bet* she thought. She suddenly remembered about the bet.

“Are you willing to help me or not?” He asked again. “Sure. Let’s go.”

***

Knock Knock.

“Come in..”

“Hello Sunbae.” Jen bowed. “Ohh Jen..” Sunggyu recognized her.

“This is the girl that L dated right?” Woohyun asked. Jen ignored him. She was actually hesitating to come and personally meet the infinite. To be frank, she kinda holding a little bit grudge towards them because of the bet. “Sunbae, you remember about the bet right?” Sunggyu looked away trying not to meet his eyes. “yes.”

“Can I have L’s camera back?” she asked. “We are actually planning to give him back, but L is the kind of guy who holds on to promise. He’ll never break it. That’s why when we refuse to take his camera he still insists we take it.” He explained.

“Meet me this evening. I’ll give it to you..”

“Thanks sunbae.” She bowed and left the room.

***

“Myungsoo. There’s a package for you..” Myungsoo took the package from his mom. “Who is it from?” he asked.

She shook her head. “No idea.” She then walked off.*This is heavy* he thought.

Curious, Myungsoo untied the package. Inside the box, there’s a camera and a piece of paper. He unfolded the paper. It’s written:

I'm holding on to something that used to be there hoping it will come back,

“What is this?” Myungsoo was puzzled for a moment.

***

“So he really doesn’t remember you, at all?” L Joe asked. Jen slowly shook her head. She took a sip of her beverages. “Hey chill, it might take time, even though I was hoping he won’t remember you …” he continued.

“L Joe!”

“What? He’s my competitor..” he told her. She laughed. “Stop being so competitive L Joe…”

“Jen, you got some time?” L Joe asks. “Wae?”

Without giving any answer, L Joe grabbed her hand. “Wait! Where are we going?” She asked again. “You’ll see, come.” He pulled her. They took the bus. The whole journey was filled with hushed atmosphere. Both of them were busy in their own thoughts.

“Han river?” Jen said as soon as they arrive.

“Yup.” He answered. “What is the reason for bringing me here?” She asked. “Remember I used to promise you once that we will go to Han River together and stare at the sky? But unfortunately I didn’t get the chance. So today I fulfil my last promise.”

Jen carved a slight smile.

“But Jen, I want to make another promise.” He told her.  She waited for his words anxiously. “I hope you can give me another chance, but if I fail, I promise that I’ll let you go…” he told her spontaneously.

Jen was speechless. She blinked a few times.”L Joe…I...” before she could finish, L Joe leaned down and kissed her.