Dashi Dorawa

Dashi Dorawa - Myungsoo

The calm night was welcoming for a change as you sat at a table for two. With a single candle between you and the empty seat, you looked down at the dark wooded table as your fingers fiddled with one another as you waited for Myungsoo. Tonight was your anniversary of being together a year. The black fabric hung over you as your little cocktail dress clung to your figure, your black heels matched perfectly with the dress as you wore a beautiful charm bracelet that Myungsoo gave you when he confessed. 

Watching the wax run down the barrel of the candle, you looked out the window as it looked over the city, the beautiful lights traced the outlines of the buildings as the car lights moved along the street. Folding your legs over one another, a kind waiter brought you some water as you waited for Myungsoo.

Checking your phone, you bit your lip in concern as you pulled up your messaging app.

Hey, I am waiting for you. Is everything ok?

Letting your screen go black, you tapped your fingers on the table as you watched the time tick by without any sign of Myungsoo or a response. The same kind waiter came up to you and knocked on the table to get your attention as your head rose to meet his.

"The restaurant is closing now. I am going to have to ask you to leave." He said in a warm tone as you looked around at all of the empty tables, you were the last one in the place. Sighing, you stood up and gave him a small tip as you pulled on your jacket before lifting your purse onto your shoulder.

Your heels clicked against the wood floor as you walked out into the cool night. Running your hand slowly through your hair, you wondered where he was on such a special night. The sound of your heels accompanied you as you walked down the street to your apartment since it was so late that the buses were finished with their routes.

The cars seemed to thin out that drove on the road as your heart broke with every step that you took, your mind thought of what to do next as you wrapped your jacket around you to keep the chill of the wind off of you.

Lights from a car lit up your figure against the ground as you hung your head low, just waiting for the car to pass. Yet the car stayed behind and you heard the brakes being applied as you looked over your shoulder. The passenger window slowly rolled down as you watched the car as it pulled up beside you.

”______!” Myungsoo called as you looked forward and began to walk a little faster. Revving his car engine, he pulled up next to you as you huffed out the cold air. “Hop in. I will take you home.” He called out the open window as you let out a breath as it was seen under the streetlights. Shaking your head, you just kept walking at your pace.

"You’re going to catch a cold, just hop in." Myungsoo said as you slowed your pace and he slowed his car as a slight smile came onto his face thinking that you were going to hop in.

"No, just leave me alone! Go home yourself. I’ll walk home." You said looking right at him as his smile turned upside down. Continuing to walk down the street, you folded your arms over yourself as you walked along the street. Myungsoo followed you in his car as he rested his arm on the door and rubbed his forehead with his hand. Seeing your dress move around your legs that carried you down the blocks until you headed home, he knew that he messed up, he knew that he missed your date that he planned.

Arriving at your place, you took out your key and moved it into the lock as you turned the handle. Pushing open the door, Myungsoo quickly parked his car and ran to your door. The door began to close behind you as he slid his hand in the dwindling space between the door and the frame as he pushed it open, turning around you hung up your coat as you looked at your intruder.

"Talk to me, ________. Why didn’t you hop in my car? Do you not trust me anymore?" He stepped inside as you took a few steps back. Closing the door behind him, you both stood face to face.

"Fine! I’ll talk. I didn’t hop in your car because you forgot, you forgot about our one year anniversary. I waited in that restaurant all by myself for hours just waiting for you but you never came. You never seem to make any of your dates that you set up with me either." Tears began to blur your vision. "I tried to impress you, but it was just a waste." You took in a shaky breath as you tried to hold in your tears and calm your racing heart. "I think we need to take a break from each other."

He knew that look in your eyes, it was the look of being abandoned and being hurt one too many times, yet the truth shined in your eyes as he couldn’t deny anything that you had said since it was all true.

"Give me a call when you want to see me again." Myungsoo hung his head before he bowed to you as he slipped out the door. Not being able to hold in your tears anymore, you let them fall as you stood there looking at the door.

Myungsoo looked back at the closed door as he wished you all the best while he was away. Slowly walking back to his car, he started the engine as he drove around for a while before heading back to the dorm.

Once you controlled your tears the best you could, you moved into your bedroom as you changed from your flattering dress into a tank top and baggy sweats as you sat on your bed and let the darkness surround you.

Turning on a soft lamp, you pulled a soft blanket over you as you watched your phone before picking it up and messaging one of s.

Hey Woohyun, do you happen to know where Myungsoo went out tonight?

A few minutes later, your phone lit up with a new message as you opened it as your eyes skimmed the message from Woohyun.

Didn’t he have an anniversary with you? - W

He did, but he never showed up. I was wondering if you or any of the other members knew where he went.

Let me ask around - W

Nodding your head, you let your phone fall onto the bed as you waited and hoped that someone would know what he was doing that night.

I just checked with everyone and Sungyeol and Sunggyu both said that he went out and met with a corportate girl. She was important for him to meet her for business reasons. If you need anything, let us know. Sorry. - W

With your heart sinking with every word, your breath caught in your throat as tears once more flowed down your cheeks. Gathering up all of your sanity you messaged him back.

Thank you for checking and letting me know. I owe you all, thank you.

For the next, dark hours of night, you cried yourself to sleep with the softly light of the lamp keeping you company.

Myungsoo walked through the door as all of s were right there waiting for him.

"What are you all doing up?" Myungsoo asked with a cold tone as he pushed past them all before heading to his room.

"Don’t you love ______ anymore?" Dongwoo asked in a childish tone as it made Myungsoo freeze in his tracks.

"I do, she just doesn’t love me." Myungsoo said as Hoya walked up behind Myungsoo. Turning him around with a hand on his shoulder.

"She loves you more than you could ever know, she waited for you until they kicked her out. Doing more things for you, you just break her heart more and more." Hoya stood up for you as he looked Myungsoo in his eyes before pushing past him and going into his room.

"Myung, you were the one that needs to show her that you still love you. Her heart is waiting for you." Woohyun said as he pushed past Myungsoo as well. The other members quietly moved past him except for Dongwoo, he just stood sadly in front of Myungsoo as Dongwoo saw that his eyes were coated with fresh tears. Dongwoo pulled him into a brotherly hug as Myungsoo let his tears fall on Dongwoo’s shoulder.

"We can help you get her back, you just need to ask for help, you will need to make sure that this is what you want." Dongwoo said quietly as Myungsoo nodded his head and pulled away from the hug.

"Thank you Hyung, I will let you know." Wiping away his tears, Dongwoo patted his back before those two went off to their rooms.

A few hours passed, yet Myungsoo couldn’t sleep. Moseying into the kitchen, he drank some water as Sungjong came out to see who was out.

"Myungsoo?" Sungjong ran his fingers through his hair as a yawn escaped his lips.

"What do you want? Are you here to tell me that I lost her. I already know that." Myungsoo grabbed the water bottle and slammed it against the counter top as Sungjong sat next to Myungsoo.

"I was trying to work on some advice that the members and I compiled to get her back, but if you don’t want her back I can go back to bed." Sungjong said as he unfolded the paper from his pocket.

"N-No I want her back. What did you write down?" He took the paper from Sungjong’s hands as they worked over the details as Myungsoo happily paid attention.

The next morning, your eyes fluttered open before you pushed your hair out of your face. Rubbing your eyes from the dried tears, you looked around your room sadly as you wrapped the warm blanket around you before walking into the living room. Plopping down on the couch, you the tv as you just tried to distract yourself from the sadness that still lurched in your heart.

A small knock came from the door as you got up, letting the blanket slip from your shoulder as you walked up to the door. Unlocking the door, you pulled it open as you saw who was there, your eyes rolled as you began to close the door in his face.

"Wait! Just…. wait." He begged you as you opened the door slightly to hear what he had to say. "I was wrong. I know I am, I am so sorry that I didn’t make the dinner. I want to make it up to you, just give me another chance." He pleaded as you shook your head as you looked down at your bare feet.

"I have given you one too many chances." Closing the door in his face, you turned around and went back to your couch as your heart began to break, as your tears trailed down your face.

"Stop crying over him, he isn’t the one for you." You patted your cheeks to make you stop crying as you tried to convince your feelings to change.

Closing the dorm door behind him, he leaned up against it as the members were there with curious faces as they wanted to know how they did.

Looking at all of the hopeful members faces he just ran his hand through his hair to his neck as he shook his head. The members all sighed as they felt defeated.

"I got it!" Sungyeol called as he clapped his hands. "Our first song. Dashi Dorawa, Come back to me. That is what you want her to do right?"

Myungsoo nodded his head as Hoya went behind Sungyeol and ruffled up his hair.

"Let’s go and perform it for her, but a ballad version!" Woohyun chimed up as the members all rallied around Myungsoo.

A few days later and special practices just for you, to make it perfect. They arrived at your door. Myungsoo stood in front of the door as the rest of Infinite formed a half circle around him as they were his back up vocals. Sunggyu knocked on your door as Myungsoo began to strum on his guitar that hung around his neck.

Once you opened the door, all of the members smiled at you as you didn’t know whither to shut the door or stay and watch. Lyrics began to flow from their mouths as you noticed the song right away. Leaning against the door, Myungsoo carefully sung from you as it came from his heart as Infinite did their heart melting harmonies as you bit your lip letting your heart beat faster with the beautiful song.

Your eyes carefully scanned over Myungsoo as you saw a tear run from Myungsoo’s chocolate eyes. His bottom lip quivered as he tried to fight off his emotions, dropping his gaze from yours he focused on his fingers as his broken voice began to come through.

With your heart breaking at the sight of him crying, you walked slowly up to him as he lifted his guitar from his shoulder as Dongwoo took it and began to play the chords. Your arms slithered around his torso as you pressed your head against his chest. Myungsoo looked down in shock as his hands slowly wrapped around you.

The Infinite members happily smiled as they watched you both, softly singing the chorus, they just watched you two as both of you were crying in each others arms.

"I’ll be better I promise, so you won’t have to come back to me." Myungsoo whispered into your hair as you smiled and nodded your head against his chest, silently wishing that this never will happen again.