Sungmin and Soyou

Love, Life and Death

    Sharing an ice cream cone together, Sungmin and SoYou hold hands while walking the busy streets of Seoul. Today, for their one year anniversary, the two of them had decided to take a stroll to reminisce how they had first met.
    One year ago, SoYou stood in this exact spot when Sungmin had bumped into her by accident. They were heading home after an exhausting and long day from school and by chance, they both decided to take the city way home, wanting to see the beautiful city lights of a city that never sleeps. Fate brought them together as the clumsy coffee couple on this wonderful night.
    "Remember? I accidentally dropped my coffee on the ground and I tried to clean it up. That's when you pushed me over." SoYou giggled as she reminisced the exact scene. Everything about it was vivid; as if it had just happened yesterday.
    "That was by accident," Sungmin playfully pokes her nose. "I was too busy looking at the street lights while you were crouched on the ground trying to clean it up." He tightens his grip on SoYou's hand. A moment to never forget in his book of life and love.
    "Either way, here's to us." SoYou lifts the ice cream cone up, wanting to share a new moment in this spot.
    "We're going to eat ice cream?" Sungmin laughs at the silly remark, only to be betrayed by the act. Jokingly, SoYou pushes the ice cream onto the tip of his nose. Definitely a new moment to remember. Taking his revenge, Sungmin rubs his nose on SoYou's cheek. Now, they have become the messy ice cream couple.
    While the two of them walk along the sidewalk and clean each other's faces, they reach the stoplight where a couple is seen fighting on the street. SoYou looks over to Sungmin with worry.
    "They need to stop before someone gets hurt!" She shouts outloud to the crowd of people beside them. "Someone!" But all around, people are afraid to take a step onto the street. Afraid to fall into the same situation as the young woman on the street if they dared to stop them.
    Without hesitation, Sungmin bravely takes a step to stop them. But it's already too late.
    The young woman is pushed backward. Car tires screech as it collides with her. The man that forced her in the way just stands and stares as she bleeds out.
    SoYou gasps, dropping the ice cream cone to the ground.
    Sungmin rushes onto the street. A woman rushes out of the car, shouting for someone to call the ambulance. Again, without hesitation, he takes out his phone and immediately dials the number, simultaneously rushing to help the woman on the street.
    On her neck, Sungmin holds two fingers on her vein, feeling for a pulse. Nothing. He switches to her wrists. More nothing.
    She's gone.