Cooking Together

Not a Puppy Love

o/c: Warning, little bit mature towards the end, but not a whole lot, so I didn't mark it as such.

~~

                “Your mother said I could stay for dinner as a thank you for helping you out.” The older male stated matter-of-factly, and zipped his bag closed. My brows furrowed and my jaw hung slightly slack. How could he be so calm about eating dinner with my family?

                “So you’re serious when you say ‘us?’” He nodded again and one of my eyes squinted, not understanding the concept. “’Us’ as in you and me both having dinner at my house, because my mom invited you.” Changmin nodded with a rather innocent expression rounding out his eyes, almost as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. Shaking my head, I slung my backpack onto my shoulders and walked through the classroom door, muttering to myself. “The world is becoming absolutely mad; first I sleep with my teacher and then my mother asks him over for dinner. Great! Nothing could possibly go wrong.”

                “Don’t worry; I’m sure we’ll survive.” Changmin followed close behind me but proceeding carefully, as sure not to touch me. Leaning down, he whispered against my ear. “Besides, we didn’t sleep at all, but that’ll come soon enough.” I shuddered at his low, husky voice and pushed myself to walk a little faster and not melt against a nearby wall. Changmin’s chuckle from behind me made me sigh and think to myself on what I got myself into. We quickly made it to the parking lot, and from there Changmin led me to his car. I stopped in my tracks, staring at the piece of machinery in awe. Changmin had naturally just got into the car, and didn’t notice my reaction until he realized I hadn’t gotten into the car with him. He hopped back out of the vehicle, a bit of a blush on his cheeks. “Do you like it?”

                “This is the new Hyundai Sonata. Mr. Shim,”

                “Changmin.” He corrected me and I looked up to see that stupid smirk on his lips. “Come on, and get in the car Jen.” He sat back in the driver’s seat and I cautiously opened the door and slipped into the passenger’s seat, taking care as to not dirty anything as much as possible. I awkwardly sat in the seat, staring at the luxurious interior. My family never had anything this expensive and it was almost intimidating. As he pulled out of the lot, he looked over and laughed at my awkward figure. “Relax, it’s just a car.”

                “But it’s so fancy, I want to touch it, but at the same time I feel like it should just be looked at.”

                “Just touch it.” I looked over at the male as he paused, and waggled my eyebrows at his innuendo. Scoffing slightly, he reached over and pushed my head playfully.

                “You were thinking it too, don’t deny it.” I laughed through my words and batted his hand away from my face. He quickly entwined our fingers and rested our hands in my lap. I looked down at them, and smiled to myself. The whole situation still felt wrong, but at the same time so amazing. It wasn’t perfect, obviously, but the silences like these weren’t awkward. I didn’t feel weird with him, like any attempt at previous relationships. Looking up at the profile of his face, a smile pulled at my lips and my heart fluttered in my chest. He glanced at me, looked back at the road, and then looked over again, with a similar sweet smile forming. His fingers squeezed mine as he focused on driving again. We drove for a while longer before he slowed down a bit and looked around. He pulled over to the side of the road and released his hand from mine before starting up the GPS in the car. I covered my mouth, in an attempt to stifle a giggle. He looked over sheepishly and shrugged.

                “What’s your home address?” I answered him quickly and shook my head as he typed in the numbers. It was almost impossible to believe that he could go that long without realize he had no idea where I lived. Taking my hand from my face, I turned to make a sly comment but, his hands cupped my cheeks and his lips found mine. I gasped a little at the surprise kiss, and that small part of my mouth let him slip his tongue past my lips. As he deepened the kiss, I laced my fingers in his soft hair, holding him as close as I possibly could. Changmin’s tongue danced against mine, almost making me dizzy as he pulled away. His eyes locked with mine and a smile pulled on his plush lips. He pressed a smaller kiss to my lips before returning back to his task of driving. The rest of the drive was silent, and I pulled myself to look out the side window so I wouldn’t stare at the man who made me so happily nervous. Sooner than I expected, the familiar surroundings of my neighborhood enveloped us, and I straightened up, preparing myself to not show my feelings towards Changmin. He pulled into my driveway and turned the car off. We sat silently for a moment, before he turned to me, with a bit of worry in his eyes. “Am I pushing you? If you don’t want to do any of this, I don’t want to force you. I really do care about you, but I don’t want you to think you don’t have a choice.” His sudden slew of words stunned me. Did he think I really didn’t want us to be together or didn’t care for him. He bit his bottom lip between his teeth, nerves causing his hands to visibly shake. I turned to face Changmin and smiled gently.

                “If I didn’t want to, I wouldn’t have. I know it sounds crazy, but I really like you and have never felt like this with someone before, and that’s a fact. As long as you’re sure about this,” I gestured between the both of us, before placing my hand carefully over his. “Then so am I.” He nodded, and pulled me in for another short kiss.

                “I’m so beyond sure.” He whispered as he pulled back, tucking a stray lock of hair behind my ear. Smiling, I pulled back, grabbed my bag, and got out of the car. Changmin hopped out and ran around to meet me, locking his car with the press of a button. Just as I reached for the handle, the front door flew open and my mother stood with open arms and a huge smile on her face. I smiled at her, and chuckled as she tugged my teacher into a tight embrace.

                “You must be an angel! Thank you so much for helping my daughter!” She twittered at him as she dragged him into the house, a small expression of panic contorting his face amusingly. I shook my head and stepped into the house, slipping off my shoes and into my pair of slippers. Walking past them, I poked my head into the living room to toss my school bag on the nearest chair, before strolling into the kitchen to find the refrigerator door open, and a small pair of feet peeking out from the bottom of the door. I quietly snuck around the door, to find my little brother rifling around among the foods.

                “Gotcha!” I quickly scooped the nearly three-year-old boy in my arms as he squealed in laughter. I turned and sat him on the counter nearest the sink, shaking my head as he giggled. “What on earth is that all over your face?” A dark brown substance was smudged around his mouth, on his cheeks, and I could see it on his fingers as well. Looking back at the open fridge, I saw the open jar of Nutella on the closest shelf to his eye-level. Sighing, I replaced the lid, and closed the fridge before returning to my happily smiling little brother. “You little rascal, let me get you cleaned up.” I rifled through the drawers until I found the softest cloth in the kitchen and warmly wet it before wiping it across his face. “Aren’t you supposed to be taking a nap anyways?”

                “I wasn’t sleepy! And Mommy and me have to go get Daddy.”

                “Mommy and I, you little munchkin.” He nodded as I finished cleaning his face. Turning on the water in the sink, I move the faucet as close to his hands as I could, and squeezed a dollop of soap into his hands. As he washed his hands, I thought back to what he said. “Wait, why are you going to get Daddy?” I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to see my mother smiling gently at me. I glanced over to see Changmin, a bit flustered, trying to comb through his mussed hair with his fingers.

                “Your father’s car refuses to start, so we’re going to go get him. Can you take care of dinner? We’ll be at least two and a half hours, we’ll need to get a tow company to get it to a garage; I’ll call you when we get close to home.” I nodded and hugged her lovingly before she let me go to get a towel for my little brother. When she dried off his hands, she plucked him from the counter and I followed them into the hallway, waving at them as they left. As soon as they were gone, I turned to find Changmin breathing a sigh of relief. I couldn’t help but to laugh.

                “Yeah, she’s a very affectionate person.” He laughed a little and shook his head. “Hey, help me with dinner?” I asked shyly, and he stepped forward, his hands resting on my hips and pulling me close. He leaned down and pressed a soft kiss against my lips.

                “When it comes to anything with food, I’m yours.” I laughed slightly and stepped back before navigating back to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and took a quick inventory, deciding what to make. Smiling to myself, I pulled out the basic ingredients to the one dinner I had been craving for a few weeks now. “What are you making, and how can I help?”

                “Lasagna. It’ll be nice to get most of it done quickly and then just let it bake until my family comes home.” I smiled at him before pointing at a cupboard across the kitchen. “There should be a large pot in there and a heavy Dutch oven. Could you get them, please, and fill the largest one halfway with water?” He nodded happily and eagerly did as I asked. I quickly finished the prep work and put all the first round of ingredients into the Dutch oven, browning the meat, onions, and garlic before adding the rest of the ingredients for the sauce. As it simmered, I hunted in the pantry for the lasagna noodles, and pulled out a good amount of them, adding them to the pot of boiling water Changmin started. I glanced at him to find him stirring the sauce with wide eyes, almost mesmerized at the contents. I smiled and started the timer on the noodles as well as preheating the oven.

                “This smells really good.” He mumbled as I took the sauce back over.

                “I learned from the best!” I smiled at him and he kissed my cheek. “What was that for?”

                “For learning to cook, because I eat like you wouldn’t believe.” He cheekily grinned before looking around. “What else can I do?”

                “Would you like to grate the cheese over there?” He nodded and left my side. I was surprised that he was so obedient, especially since I was the complete opposite for him. I mindlessly stirred the sauce as I watched him roll up his sleeves, revealing some very nice arms, and work on the cheese. I hadn’t realized how long I’d been staring until the timer for the noodles screamed at me, making me jump. I quickly turned off all of the burners, and brought a colander from a cabinet, putting it in the sink, and dumping the contents of the noodle pot into it. I produced a large glass pan and set it on the counter, before laying down the first layer of noodles. I took the carton of ricotta cheese and scooped small balls of the soft cheese over the noodles before smooshing down the dairy with my fingers. I felt a body press against my back and bit my bottom lip. He set down two bowls of grated cheese beside the pan. “Grab the sauce for me?” I asked and he reached over, bring the pot close and spooning some of the meat sauce over the noodles and cheese. He smoothed out the layer, his arms reaching around me as his cheek leaned against my hair. I sprinkled a handful of each of the grated cheeses before adding another noodle layer and repeating the process with him until we ran out of ingredients. When we finished, I stepped aside and he grabbed the pan and slipped it into the oven as I rinsed the dishes in the sink. I looked over to see him about to ask a question, but I already knew what he was going to ask. “That timer goes for two hours.” He turned back to the timer on the oven and set it for the appropriate time as I transferred the rinsed dishes into the dishwasher. When I closed the appliance, I hopped onto the counter and leaned my head against the top cabinets. Changmin stepped between my knees, and locked his arms around my hips. Looking down into his eyes, there were so many emotions swirling in those deep orbs, I couldn’t decipher one from the next.

                He didn’t say a word, but leaned in and slanted his lips against mine. His hold brought me from the counter, and flush against his chest, his lips never leaving mine. My hands rested on his chest, and I could feel his racing heartbeat against my palms. Tenderly, his lips parted slightly and his tongue brushed against the line between my lips. I opened my lips for him and our tongues danced against each other’s, warm and sweet. His lips moved against mine with such grace and passion that my mind couldn’t think right, and it made me slightly dizzy. When we pulled away for air, I pushed on his chest lightly. He took a step back and I could see his face come over with apology and nervousness. I shook my head, took one of his hands in mine, lacing our fingers together, and walked out of the kitchen. I lead him upstairs, and into my room. As soon as I shut and locked the door behind us, I turned and found him lying on my bed, looking around with wide eyes. Smiling slightly, I my stereo and put in the sultriest music I had. Crossing to my bed, I sat next to Changmin as the music began and he smiled at me. He reached up and caressed my cheek with his thumb, his eyes tracing the lines of my expression. His touch brought me down and I kissed his plush lips softly. His free arm encircled my waist and tugged me down to lay with him. His fingers that had been gingerly touching my skin moved to entangle in my hair, bringing me even closer to him as his tongue encircled mine, dancing and playing in a hot passion. I held myself up with one arm, and my free hand explored his chest, daintily running my nails over his clothed skin. I undid the first button on his too-neat dress shirt followed by a few more, and slipping my hand to feel the smoothness of his chest. I could feel a twist of a smile in his kiss as my skin met his. I pulled from the kiss, to see lustiness in his eyes. I moved myself to straddle his hips, and his hands found my hips as I ed the rest of his shirt. Leaning down, I peppered kisses against his chest. I lightly bit at one of his s, and he gasped a little, his hands travelling down my thighs and then pushing my skirt up. A hint of a moan left on his breath, as I circled my tongue around his erect nub.

                Suddenly the phone rang, interrupting our intimacy, and I sat up straight with a bit of panic in my heart. I reached for the home phone on my nightstand and answered.

                “Hi, sweetie! We’re almost home, about five minutes or so! See you soon!” My mother chimed and hung up. I definitely started to panic a bit. I got off of Changmin as I placed the phone back in its charging station and straightened myself as he sat up.

                “Holy crap!” I turned to him and pressed a chaste kiss to his lips before pulling the hair tie from my messed up ponytail and redoing my hair. “They’ll be home in about five minutes.” The panic in my voice sent the same feeling through him and he hurriedly stood and re-buttoned his shirt, tucking it into his trousers as I unlocked my door. We made our way downstairs, fixing our appearances, and slipped back into the kitchen just as the front door unlocked. I turned and quickly combed through Changmin’s hair with my fingers.

                “Now where’s that miracle of a Chemistry teacher?” My father’s voice echoed through the house and I stepped back, taking the oven mitts and casually leaning against the counter. My father strode in to see me, seemingly unamused, pointing at the man who stood awkwardly near the fridge. “You should be more grateful, Jennifer, he is helping you with so much. You have no idea.” My father scolded me and I turned so he wouldn’t see my smirk. ‘Oh trust me, I definitely know.’ I commented in my head as the timer for the food announced its doneness. Taking the dish from the oven, I set it on the stove, glancing over my shoulder as my father guided my teacher out of the kitchen, probably to the living room for some man-to-man talk.

                “Oh heaven help us.” I muttered to myself as I set the table for what would inevitably be the most awkward dinner of my existence.