END

The Way That I Love You

After all of the times that we tried,

I found out we were living a lie

And after all of this love that we made,

I know now you don't love me the same

 

The way that I love

(The way that I love you)

 

The way that I love

(The way that I love you)

 

The way that I love

(The way that I love you)

-

We were supposed to be in love. We were supposed to be happy together. But what you did was just the opposite. I was just so blind to believe everything you said.

There I was cracking my brains; finding ways to cheer you up when you were down. But what you felt inside was just full of lies. You were never in love with me; you were just using me.

And I thought you were my best friend; and I thought you were my lover; I thought I could trust you with my heart and I loved you with all of my heart.

What did I do wrong? Was it never enough that I love you the way you wanted me to? So why couldn’t you love me the way I wanted you?

And now it was all gone.                                                                        

You don’t love me the way I love you.

So, this is the end.

Goodbye my love.

You just couldn’t love me the way that I love you….

-

A few months later…

“I’m sorry, Yuri.”

“……..”

“Yuri, please. I’m really sorry. I realized now. I understood why. Yuri, please believe me. I love you, Yuri. I still love you. I don’t want to lose you like this. This is wrong.”

Yuri was tired of her lies. The day she caught her in the bed with her best friend was the day her heart torn into a million pieces. She still had those nightmares; those moments she caught them together.

She didn’t want to hear it anymore. She had enough. Yuri was just so sick of her pleas and apologies. If sorry could heal anything, there wouldn’t be a thing called “heartbroken”. Yuri was more than that. She was totally broken. And nobody could put those brittle pieces of her heart back anymore. She was done with that.

Yuri pushed her aside and walked away. But her heart stopped a beat when a pair of fragile arms wrapped themselves tightly around her waist. They tightened quickly and Yuri was frustrated.

The other girl had no right to hold her anymore.

“Can you let it go?”

“Yuri, I know you hate me.”

“I don’t hate you.”

“Yuri, I don’t care if you’re going to treat me coldly like this. Just let me love you all over again, Yuri. That’s all I’m asking for.”

“Don’t you understand the meaning of no second chances?”

“Yuri, please don’t say it’s over yet. I need you in my life, Yuri. I need you back in my life.”

“……………”

“I know I tore you apart. I know I broke you heart. But I realize now. I couldn’t live without you.”

Pathetic as it was, Yuri hated it when she cried. In fact, she still hates it so much. Yuri has seen how much she had cried for the past few weeks but Yuri was more concerned with her own heart. She cried few months ago and it was worse than this.

Still, her tears sent Yuri’s heartstrings tugging at many different directions. Honestly, Yuri still loves her. Yuri still cares for her. But her heart just couldn’t find the inner peace to forgive her; not yet.

Her ex flame’s eyes swelled up with tears and they fell silently from the corner of her eyes. Yuri’s heart ached so badly that she was compelled to wipe those fallen tears away.

“Please don’t cry.”

Yuri raised her hands and cupped at her wet cheeks tightly. Carefully using her thumb, Yuri wiped those hot tears away.

“You know you don’t look pretty when you cry.”

“Yuri..”

Yuri sighed. She had to be firm but yet her knees were threatening to buckle when she cried even more.

“You don’t have to do this. It’s over.”

“Yuri, I cannot live without you.”

“You know it’s crazy right now. I’m moving on without you. I’m slowly getting myself back. It ain’t fair if you decided that I should take you back.”

Yuri didn’t know why she said that but she just couldn’t take her words back. She was too cautious. She was taking extra precaution to protect her fragile heart.

“You closed the chapter six months ago. It’s already the end.”

Yuri bit her tongue after that last bit. She wished she didn’t say it was the end. But once again, she convinced herself that it was all for her own good. She had enough of the pain.

“I won’t take us back.”

Yuri slowly released her hands from her cheeks. She smiled weakly before turning around. She even pushed the arms away from her waist.

“Yuri, I’ll wait for you.”

Yuri took a deep breath; not wanting to turn. She knew she was crying and she couldn’t let her heart sway too much this time. She had to be stronger than this.

“Just forget about it, Tiffany.”

Tears fell.

“We’ll never be the same anymore. Let it go, Tiffany. You’ll find someone better.”

With that, Yuri walked away with broken heart shattered into smaller pieces.

It was too painful; just too painful but she had to.

-