A Won?

A won for your thoughts?

Dara met Jiyong out of pure luck. She met him at his worst time. He had just broken up with his girlfriend of two years. At that time, she had no plans of being committed to anyone until she had met him and fallen for him. 

 

Her friends were worried, but she said she was okay. She said that she was fine and that since she was the one that broke up with him, she was only sad because she hurt him. She plastered a smile on her face, but no one believed her. She couldn't even believe herself. Why? Because she felt like she was getting torn into pieces. She was miserable. She missed him and knowing she was the one who pushed him away, hurt her even more. She didn't want her friends to worry, so she pushed them away. She distracted herself with work, but she had writer's block. She was a writer for YG magazine and she was a famous one at that. But at that moment, she could only stare at a piece of paper for hours with nothing written on it. She couldn't sleep. She forced herself to eat, but even with that, she only ate very little. 

 

A few days after her break up, she was a complete mess. She stared at her computer with a blank expression. Her phone started ringing. It was her boss. Her boss said that she had only three days till her article was due. And to her luck, the article's main focus was love. She at first thought it would be easy breezy, but now she had nothing to say about it. Since her break up, she felt like she knew nothing about that concept.  

 

"Dara, focus" Dara told herself. She couldn't focus, "Maybe I can write about what I thought love was, but then I feel like I would be lying not only to myself, but also to my precious readers." Even though she does not know her readers personally, she loved them. She treasured her fans and knew she couldn't betray them with an article that she didn't write from the heart. Dara slammed her head on her desk multiple times. She felt hopeless. 

 

"Dara, fighting!" Dara clenched her fist and stood up. She went into her room and showered. She then wore a pair of blue skinny jeans and white v-neck t-shirt. She combed her hair and put it up in a cute bun. She put on her glasses and then packed her laptop in a bag. She went to a self serve ice cream shot and there, she chose the biggest bowl and put every flavor in her bowl. She added all sorts of toppings like mochi, gummi worms, m&m's, etc.  

 

She went out to a shaded table outside the shop and sat down with her legs up on the chair in a criss cross position. The place was pretty secluded except for a few people there. There was a mom and her three kids playing around the fountain just beside her table, and a young gentleman on the table opposite hers. It was peaceful, but Dara was still dazed. She thought that if she went out, she would be able to get some sort of inspiration. Despite her attempt, she failed miserably. She was just eating her ice cream with a blank expression. 

 

"A won for your thoughts," a voice said. Dara was too dazed that she did not hear him. The man who sat at the table opposite hers noticed how completely out Dara was from this world. He could see how tired she was even under her glasses. Seunghyun usually would not go and talk to another person randomly, but something just dragged him to her. She was like a magnet that he couldn't resist. He took out a won from his pocket and held it in front of Dara's face and repeated, "A won for your thoughts"

 

Dara blinked and then she finally became aware of the guy's hand. Unfortunately, she freaked out, yelled "Huah" and hit TOP's hand away making him let go of the coin which somehow landed, magically in the fountain. 

 

"Aigoo," Dara realized what she did. She stood up and she bowed to Seunghyun in a 90 degree manner, "Mianhe, I didn't know what was in front of my face and I freaked out."

 

Seunghyun chuckled and said, "Since you made me drop my won in the fountain without allowing me to make a wish first, why don't you grant my wish?"

 

Dara's eyes widened and was surprised, "E-eh?"

 

"You heard me," TOP smiled.

 

Dara got scared thinking he was going to ask for something she couldn't give and then she realized something, "Yah! You wouldn't have lost that coin of yours if you didn't scare me like that."

 

TOP rebuttled, "You still made me lose my won."

 

Dara retorted, "It was just a coin and I'll just pay you back." She began rummaging her pocket.

 

"Haha" TOP laughed and then became serious, "A coin? just a coin? One coin may not be worth much, but it is still money. It was still worked for. It may not be able to stand by itself, but it can be useful when the times comes to get something bigger. Not only that, but that 1 won coin is the foundation of our currency, and it's value is very much underrated."

 

Dara was never one to waste money, so she was regretful, "O-okay, I'll grant your wish, but if it's not something I can give, I'm sorry."

 

TOP couldn't stop smiling in front of this girl. She was just too cute, "Don't worry. I'm pretty sure you can grant this wish." He sat in front of the girl who was now flustered. When he sat down, she noticed how handsome this man was. His face was chiseled to perfection, his brown orbs sparkling, and his smile was just plain alluring. Top then said, "I just want to talk and hear your story?"

 

"St-story?" Dara asked confused, "What story?"

 

"The reason why you were in lala-land just a few minutes ago,"

 

For those few minutes, Dara forgot about the situation she was in. She forgot about Jiyong, but when he asked, everything just hit her and she felt miserable yet again. "It's kind of personal and.."

 

TOP saw her sad face and became worried, "I'm sorry, you don't have to tell me, if you don't want to."

 

For some reason Dara reacted in a way that she didn't expect herself to, "Ani, I'll tell you." She sighed, "I need someone to talk to anyway." She smiled a sad smile. 

 

----

 

A penny for your thoughts = A won for your thoughts. Cheezy, I know, but I didn't know what to do. It was weird writing penny, where they're in korea, but it was also weird writing won. Ughh. This will either be a two-shot or three-shot. I just started writing my other story and I have not updated it, but this story randomly popped into my head and I just wanted to write it out. Thank you! :D