1: Kidnapped

The Dorm Mother
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Do you think we killed her…?”

 

“Shut up! You’re stating the impossible, you know that?”

 

“But… I think Zitao whacked her far too hard on the head…”

 

“Are you saying that I’m a killer, Zhang Yixing!?”

 

“Yah! How can you speak to your hyung like that!”

 

“Will all of you just shut up!”  

 

My eyes flew open as I hollered in response to the muffled quarreling I’ve been hearing since consciousness flooded into me.

 

“Can’t a girl get some peace and quiet around her– Oh. My. God.” I clapped my hands to my mouth (or I tried to), and when I couldn’t, my eyes flitted to my wrists to find them bound to the armrests of a chair. “What. Is. Going. On. Why am I ing tied to a chair!?”

 

“She’s awake, that’s good.” A deep voice resounded and my eyes darted around my surroundings wildly, taking in the brightly lit, white-washed walls, and the emptiness of the room I’m apparently held captive in. Alright, it’s not empty.

 

Humans, besides me, are present.

 

I mentally head-counted, and head-shot (in my mind), the number of males in the room whose faces were currently staring at me like I’m an alien. Their eyes were wide and large (larger for a certain doe-eyed one), not to mention judging as their orbs swept up and down. For a moment, I felt like a piece of meat hanging in the market for sale.

 

Twelve. Twelve ing kidnappers.

 

“Should we move her?” The one with the largest eyes asked, his eyes still fixed on me and strangely, I didn’t feel perturbed by his constant gazing. “She’s been out for almost half a day and we don’t have much time left.”

 

“Wait, what are you talking about?” I spat as they nodded knowingly to one another, some pairs of hands extending towards me while others backed away. “Where are you taking me!”

 

“If you know what’s best for you, you’d keep your mouth shut.” The same deep voice travelled to my ear, its tone so scathing, so icy that I couldn’t help but shudder in growing fear. Its owner was equally frightening, his chiseled face was insanely handsome but his eyes glared at me heatedly. “Otherwise, I’d tape it shut.”

 

I bit on my lower lip to show that I’m heeding his warning and he pulled away with a cluck of his tongue, though his hands remained on the underside of the armrest, supporting and sharing the weight of the chair I’m strapped in with four other kidnappers that surrounded me. The rest of them were walking ahead and the varying heights amused me for some reason as my eyes flitted from head to head.

 

A very short stature walking next to a rather tall one ignited an escaped snicker, causing me to regret instantly and I hoped for the best but nothing happened. I sighed in relief and another face popped into my peripheral vision. His expression was inquisitive and when he spoke, a set of perfect, white teeth rendered me helpless for a moment.

 

“Something funny that you’d like to

Please log in to read the full chapter