The memories PART 2

Blue Star (Teen Top Version)

“What happened next?” asked Changjo. The other members also nodded in curiosity.  Minsoo bit his lips and looked down. “Well… at first, things were normal, like they should have been…”

FLASHBACK

Every day after doing his duties as a trainee, Minsoo would go over to Min Ah’s dorm room.  They would laugh and mess around as they always had. Min Ah had made several friends at school, and sometimes Minsoo would bound up the steps to Min Ah’s dorm and be greeted by half a dozen or so giggling girls. As soon as Minsoo arrived, Min Ah bade goodbye to “her female mafia” , as Minsoo teasingly called them, then the two best friends would commence to their singing, song writing and dancing.

One day, Minsoo went over to Min Ah’s dorm and rang the doorbell, when he didn’t hear any noise from inside. No one came out. No silly girls. No Min Ah. Minsoo checked his watch, 4:55 PM. “She should be here by now…” he muttered. He sat down by the door and waited… maybe she just was running late, he guessed. He sat by that oak wood door until he drifted into a light, worried sleep.

“Sora, don’t worry I’m fine!” Minsoo woke up abruptly to Min Ah’s angry voice.

He turned his head and jumped to his feet and saw Min Ah walking up the hall with one of her friends. He looked at his watch again. It was 8:09 PM. “Min Ah? What happened? Why are you so late?” Minsoo asked, worried for his friend. Was it just him, or was Min Ah pale? And why was her friend- Sora or whatever- holding on to her hand so tightly.  

Min Ah smiled at Minsoo “Pabo! Why did you wait so long for me?”

“Yah! Answer me!”

“I was feeling a little sick and squeamish so I went to the doctor. Sora went with me. The doctor said I’ll feel better soon, but I need to rest a little. ” Min Ah explained. Her friend looked at the ground.

Minsoo was confused.  Why was Min Ah’s friend so worried? Min Ah would be fine, she rarely got sick… Maybe that was it, maybe Min Ah threw up or something and it was awkward for her girly girl of a friend to be here….

He shook off any doubts that he had about the situation. “You need to rest? Well come on then.” He grabbed Min Ah’s wrist and pulled her into her dorm. He was planning to tuck her into bed and make her some of his favorite type of chicken soup.  Instead Min Ah pushed him out of her dorm and told him goodnight.

“What? Who will take care of you?” he wailed.

“I will stay with you” said Sora suddenly.

“Oppa, just go home, Sora is going to spend the night with me. We need to have a girl talk, she is going to tell me all about her boyfriend.”

“Why can’t I spend the night?” pouted Minsoo.

“Aiisssh so cute!” Min Ah pinched his cheeks. “But no, it’s a girls night”

“But you are sick!”

“Good night oppa” she said grinning as she shut the door in his face.

“Girls!” muttered Minsoo rolling his eyes and turning away from the door, and then walking home.

The next few days were sort of normal, except that Min Ah wanted Minsoo to hang out with her AND her friends. The two of them started to spend less time together. Instead they went to movies, cafes, and parks as groups of 8 or 9 people.

One night Minsoo asked his father “Dad, how do you show a girl that you love her?”

Mr.Bang chuckled. “oooooh!!! mr. hat lover has a crush?” he teased, putting down his newspaper.

Minsoo blushed. “Min Ah” he whispered, barely loud enough for his father to hear.

“It’s about time.” Said Mr. Bang.

 Minsoo sheepishly shrugged. “How should I let her know?”

Mr. Bang glanced at him, shifted closer to his son and whispered something into his ear.