The Ring

Blue Star (Teen Top Version)

//AN: I will be using CAP's real name through this story, it is Bang Minsoo.


Superstar idol Bang Minsoo (CAP) opened the little blue velvet box on his lap. Nestled inside of it was a simple silver ring with a small gleaming aqua sapphire embedded in it.

“Wow hyung!” Exclaimed Chunji and Niel. Minsoo was startled, he didn’t realize that the other members of Teen Top had walked in.

“Are you going to propose to Eun Ae noona tomorrow?” asked the maknae Changjo at the sight of the gleaming ring.

“N- no, of course not!” stuttered Minsoo, caught off guard.

“When then?” asked Ricky curiously.

“I’m not going to” answered the blushing leader.

“What? Why? And what’s with the ring?” Niel questioned.

“Because I didn’t buy this ring for her.” Continued Minsoo calmly.

“WHAT?!?!?! YOUR CHEATING ON NOONA?!?!?!?!?!?” Yelled LJOE, falling off of his chair in shock.  The other members were equally shocked and angry at their leader’s apparent confession.

“No, no, no I am not cheating on her! I bought this ring years ago, and for someone else.” Declared Minsoo. The five younger boys looked at each other in surprise.

“Who did you get it for? And why do you have it with you today?” asked Chunji.

“A girl named Min Ah. Lee Min Ah. You don’t know her… And I always have this ring with me, but this is the first time I guess that all of you have seen it.”  explained Minsoo.

“Is she our noona too?” asked Ricky curiously.

“Yes she is, she’s older a few months younger than me, so she is older than the rest of you.”

“Was she your girlfriend?” asked Changjo.

“No, she’s always been a friend… just a friend.”

“Oh- ok” said LJOE climbing back on to his seat.

“How come we’ve never met her hyung?” Chunji asked his leader.

“I don’t know… I guess it never came up” sighs Minsoo.

“Can we meet her now?” asked the five others.

“Sure” Minsoo leads every one downstairs and outside. And they all climb into the Black SUV. After about half an hour on the freeway, Minsoo turns off the main road and starts weaving through the country streets like a pro.  He stops at a small wooded area.

Everyone gets out and looks around. The place is really beautiful, with a small crystalline pond and a large flat boulder overlooking it. All of Minsoo's bandmates seemed awestruck at the wondrous beauty of such a gorgeous alcove.  Minsoo smiled at the pond longingly, until LJOE broke him out of his reverie.

“Hyung, are you sure this is the right place?”

“Yes of course it it”

All the boys look around for the girl that their leader mentioned, but to no avail.

“confused?” asked Minsoo. They all nod at him curiously.

“Well, look up in the night sky. See those two stars that I’m pointing to? Look at the brighter one.”

“The shiny blue one that keep spinning and twinkling?” asked his friends, wondering where this was leading.

“yes, that is her, right there. Twinkling as bright as she was down here.”

“H- hyung? She’s de- I mean.. gone?” gasps Niel.

“She’s dead, but she’s not gone” replies Minsoo, pulling a yellowing, yet still sealed  envelope out of his front lapel.

“What are you talking about?”

“what’s in the envelope?”

“How come you haven’t opened it yet?”

The boys pepper him with questions and finally Minsoo shuts his eyes and prepares to tell them the story of Lee Min Ah, wait…no.. not just that story, but also the story of what she taught him.