Prologue 2 - When You Take A Step Closer

Our World

He already stepped into my world, that’s the fact I couldn’t deny. Although I know that his presence is too strong to be ignored but I tried my best not to put him into a special part in my world. With that, I think everything will be alright. Everything will run smoothly as usual. But without any warning, he suddenly took another step closer... Then what should I do? I want to run but I can’t. I want to stay but it’s so hard. For the first time, I think I even couldn’t understand my own world anymore…

 

Maybe it’s already too late to kick her out. Fine, I’ll let her to enter my world. As long as she will be cooperate with my own rules. Everyone in my world must be obeyed. One of the important rules in my world is not to interfere with the other ‘part’. Friend part is friend part. I wont let people in the friend part interfered the enemy part. And the rules are valid. But when I was the one who did something wrong about the barrier between friend and the intermediate part above friend, should I get a punishment in my own world?

 

FNC Academy. 2010.

“I don’t think this hairstyle looks good on me…” Jonghyun already whine for a whole day even until four of them came to the office to practice for the next album. Today the stylist changed his hairstyle. No, actually the stylist transformed it a lot. They cut Jonghyun’s messy style hair and made it into a short one with bang. The rest of members, the managers and the stylists already told him that he looks so good with that hairstyle but seems like Jonghyun still couldn’t find back his confidence.

“Yya! It’s very good. Why you couldn’t believe us?? Trust me, if you appeared on public right now, I bet they will say the same with us.” Yonghwa said while they’re walking on the corridor, heading to the practice room.

“It’s because you never cut your hair since we were trainee until now, that’s why hyung feels that it’s too short. In fact, it looks normal. And just like Yonghwa hyung said, you look more handsome than before, hyung. Be confidence!” Minhyuk also spoke out his mind.

Jonghyun just grimaced, still couldn’t believe what his brothers told him. He still thought that they said it just to make him feel better, not tell the fact. He was about to raise his hoodie and covered his hairs but stopped when he noticed his brother suddenly stopped their walk. “Mwo? What happened?” he asked since he was walking behind Jungshin so he couldn’t see why they stopped suddenly.

“Annyeonghaseyo, sunbaenim…”

“Annyeong. Oh it’s Jimin!” Jonghyun can hear Yonghwa’s voice. Fortunately, Jungshin was taking a few steps forward and give Jonghyun a space to stand between them too.

Jonghyun noticed that the girl is a trainee. But since his mind is still full of worries about the hairstyle so he just greet her in usual way. Beside, I even didn’t know her name and never talked with her before. So he just stand there while Jungshin, Yonghwa and Minhyuk chatted with that girl. He was waiting for them silently when suddenly someone came out from the same room that Jimin used before. “Oh!” Jonghyun spontaneously spoke out when he noticed that person.

“Oh!” Yuna who just came out and unconsciously meeting her eyes with Jonghyun's, let out the same expression at the same time. They were staring at each other for a moment until Jimin elbowed Yuna softly, to make her back to reality.

“Oh…” Yuna seems finally recognized that there’s the other member of CN Blue beside Jonghyun. Oh! So embarrassing! I didn’t expect he was here along with and I just stared at him only! Aish Yuna, you’re so stupid. She blamed herself in her mind but still bowed politely. “Annyeonghaseyo sunbaenim…” she greeted them but once again, her eyes were staring at Jonghyun without realizing that she’s doing it. Oh… did he cut his hair??? He looks so different! He look so handsome. Very handsome. I mean, he’s already very handsome since beginning, but with short hair, he looks more handsome than before…

“How are you?” Jonghyun even didn’t think for a second when he suddenly let out that question. Uh-oh? What’s wrong with me? When she appeared, I think I suddenly can communicate well… And again… she kept staring at me with that doe eyes… She must be thinking that I look so bad with this hairstyle… aish…

“I’m fine…” Yuna answered. “Sunbae-ga?”

“Same with you,” Jonghyun smiled. “Practicing?”

“Nee…” Yuna nodded and replied Jonghyun’s smile.

“Eh-hem…” Yonghwa, Minhyuk and Jungshin suddenly cleared their throats, trying to get the attention. “We’re fine too…” Yonghwa said while giggling at Yuna and Jonghyun. “Jongie, we’ll wait you at the studio.” He added and patted Jonghyun’s shoulder before he--along with Minhyuk and Jungshin who kept giggling--left Jonghyun and Yuna together after excused themselves.

“Uhm… I think I have to go to toilet first…” Jimin who realized the situation, look cooperated with the others. “Excuse me, sunbaenim.” She bowed politely to Jonghyun and rush off to the toilet in a hurry.

“Unnie…” Yuna tried to call Jimin but seems like Jimin was running so fast because she already disappeared. Leave them in awkward situation because of the other’s obvious act.

Jonghyun stratched his hairs awkwardly. Usually if I faced the situation like this, I will excuse myself and left because I couldn’t stand the awkward feeling. But why my feet is hard to move even for one step from here?? And the situation… I don’t know, it’s different with the “awkward situation” when I was with other person… And why I couldn’t take my eyes from her??? I never acted like that with the other girls who aren’t close to me… “Uhm…” he finally tried to speak again. “How’s the progress?” What’s wrong with me? Why I asked such a stupid question? Why I acted like her mentor?

“Nee?” Yuna raised her head and looks startled. Seems like she just busy with her mindtalking too before. “Ah… Still a long way to go, sunbae. Isa-nim told us like that...”

“Are you forming a dance girlgroup? Or a band?” Jonghyun asked curiously. “Or you’ll do the solo?”

“Ah… Anii. I’m not confidence to debut as solo, sunbaenim…” Yuna waved her hands. “Daepyo-nim said that he might want to develop us as a girl group…” she explained.

“Aah… Finally our company will have a girlgroup too…”

“But it’s still a long way to go, sunbaenim…” Yuna’s voice sounds weaker.

“Gwaenchana. If you always do your best, you wont imagine that the debut day is getting closer.” Jonghyun gave her the advice. “Just keep practicing and don’t feel pressured or feeling down for the other people who debuted earlier. It doesn’t mean that they are better than us. It’s just about the time. Beside, debuted earlier didn’t give you any guarantees that you will become the best among the others. So don’t feel upset. The debut day will come at the right time.”

Yuna listened to Jonghyun’s advice while her face slowly turn brightened. He is right. Yes, he is right. Actually, I was a bit sad when Director said that we're still far from debut day, but when he spoke about this to me, I feel that actually he was right, and Director was right too. Maybe we still didn’t give our best that’s why we should keep practicing harder than before. Maybe it’s because we still didn’t give our best that’s why they said that we still far away from debut day… And I know he’s not saying something nonsense. Because he already experienced it. Many people said that CN Blue debuted too late, but CN Blue didn’t think it as a problem. In fact, only few months after they debuted, they already made a great succeed… Yuna’s lip slowly formed a very nice smile. “Kamsahamnida, sunbaenim. Honestly, your advice…  worked so well for me... If sunbae didn’t say something like this, maybe I’m still feeling down right now…” she said while looking thankfully at Jonghyun. Usually when I’m feeling down, I wil feel better if people who are close to me gave their support. And… he is the first—beside my close peope--who can makes me feel better. Even it’s the first time I can shared my problem to a guy…

Jonghyun smiled calmly. “I understand your feeling. I’ve ever experienced it too before. That’s why I’m telling you this.” He said softly. “So, do your best. Always. Yuna ssi…”

“Nee, sunbaenim.” Yuna smile became wider. “Neomu kamsahamnida… And forgive me because I’m bothering you with my problem…” she said while bowing at Jonghyun

“It doesn’t bother me at all. As long as you didn’t bow at me again…” Jonghyun chuckled. “Told you not to bow so many times at me.”

“Ah…!” Yuna bites her lips, seems like just remember about it. “Forgive me, sunbaenim…”

“No need to apologize. You didn’t do anything wrong.” Jonghyun still chuckled. “Just do always your best, okay?”

“Nee…” Yuna answered cheerfully and laughed with Jonghyun. He really makes me feel comfortable around him. I never expected that his personality actually like this…

I didn’t understand myself, actually. When those doe eyes looks a bit gloomy, I suddenly feel that I should do something to make it sparkle again. And when it’s sparkling again, I couldn’t help myself to feel happy too although I don’t know what makes me happy… “Then… I think I should go practice right now…” Jonghyun finally managed to excuse himself since he noticed Jungshin’s head was peeking from their studio--signaling Jonghyun to come. “If I give an advice to you that you should do your best, then it will be worst if I didn’t do the same thing, right?” he smiled at Yuna.

Yuna grinned. “Nee, sunbaenim. Forgive me for taking your time again…”

“Museun seoriya. It was fun to talk with you anyway.” He said truthfully. “Then, see you later.” He was about to walk when Yuna suddenly called him.

“Sunbaenim…”

Jonghyun turned his head. “Nee?”

“Uhm… I know I’m not in the right place to say it, but I really want to tell you honestly. So please forgive me sunbae…”

Jonghyun raised his eyebrows and chuckled. “Relax. There’s nothing such as wrong or right place since we’re the same. Just say it freely…”

“Uhm… I noticed sunbaenim has a new haircut. I just want to say that sunbaenim looks very good with that. I mean, sunbaenim is always look very good but this one makes sunbaenim looks very very good.” Yuna finally said it and looked down right away after she said it to hide her slightly blushing face. Good? Yya! Isnt it too harsh for him? I want to say ‘handsome’ but I’m afraid he will think something bad about me… he might thinking that I’m trying to flirt although I’m not. Aish andwae… I really just want tell him my true opinion…

Jonghyun stunned for a moment when he heard Yuna was praising him. What was she saying? It looks good on me? For a whole day, my brothers endlessly told me the same thing but still this haircut is still bothering me… then now she said the same thing and why I feel different? Why I suddenly feel happy…??? I even feel that I got my confidence back… Woah what happened to me?? What did this girl do to me…? 

“Sunbaenim… mianhamnida…” Yuna spoke again because she noticed Jonghyun didn’t respon her anything. Screwed me… he might didn’t like the way I praised him…

Jonghyun finally managed himself. “Why are you apologizing? Yuna ssi, did you tell me before that my words worked well on you?”

“Nee…” Yuna answered with confused face.

“Then I think you did the same for me. Thank you so much…” he said while smiling nicely.

Yuna needs a few seconds before realized what’s the meaning of Jonghyun’s words. “I was telling you the truth too, sunbaenim…” she added and replied Jonghyun’ smile. Fortunately… I was so scared before that he might didn’t like it…

“That’s why, thank you so much!” Jonghyun raised his right hand and continue to walk but suddenly he stopped again. “Seo Yuna ssi!”

“Nee, sunbaenim?”

Should I say it? Isnt it too fast? Ah molla… let’s just say it. “Can I drop the honorific?”

Yuna looks surprised with Jonghyun’s sudden question. Cincca??? He’s asking to drop the honorific?? Am I dreaming right now?? He… Lee Jong Hyun… is asking me if he can drop the honorific??? Omo sesange, I’m feeling so happy right now!!! “N—nee…” she finally managed to nod, although she’s still in disbelief and happy at the same time. “Yes you can, sunbaenim.”

“You said yes but you’re still calling me in formal way.” Jonghyun chuckled. “Then before I used the banmal, can I ask what year were you born?”

“92…”

“Ah!” Jonghyun nodded. “You’re a dongsaeng, then. Then, see you later, Yuna…”

Yuna blinked her eyes. It’s real, cincca, it’s real! Why I feel shivering when he called my name like that? Ommaaaa… I’m so happy!!! “Nee, sunbaenim… Ah! I’m sorry…” she covered since she still called Jonghyun in formal way. What should I call him? Oppa?? Wont he be angry if I call him like that???

Jonghyun laughed. She is so funny… “You can call me Jonghyun.”

“Andwae! I should added oppa since sunbaenim is two years older than me…”

“Just add it then. You can call me like that in our next meeting.” Jonghyun chuckled again. “Always do your best and hwaiting!” he encouraged Yuna once again before he entered the studio.

Yuna nodded and waiting until Jonghyun entered the studio. As soon as she was alone in that corridor, her lips couldn’t stop smiling so widely. “Fighting for you too… Jonghyun oppa…” she mumbled happily.

 

* * *

 

“Woah… I’m the one who was doing the WGM but seems like you’re the one who will have a girlfriend soon...” Yonghwa said as soon as Jonghyun entered the studio.

“What kind of nonsense are you talking about, hyung?” Jonghyun glared at him while starting to prepare his instrument.

“Look who’s talking nonsense here…” Yonghwa grinned. “Since when you and her are close each other?? Honestly I was so surprised when I saw you greet her first. You never acted like that before…”

“Hyung, it’s because you’re busy filming WGM that’s why you missed so many info about us lately…” Jungshin butted in. “Do you remember the day when we met with you and hyungsoonim here? That’s the same day for Jongie hyung and Yoon Ah met each other for the first time…”

“Yoo-Na!” Jonghyun corrected Jungshin’ misspelling spontaneously.

“Ah cincca? So Jongie finally found her crush?” he turned at Jonghyun while still smiling.

“Crush?” Jonghyun grimaced. “Hyung, I’ve just talked with her. What’s wrong? Just like Jungshin usually chatted with that long-straight-hair girl…”

“Long straight hair-girl??” Minhyuk, Yonghwa and Jungshin laughed out loud with the way of Jonghyun’ describe. “Why it sounds like you saw Jungshin were talking with a female ghost, Jongie?? Did she step on the ground or not?” Yonghwa added while keep laughing out loud.

Jonghyun grimaced. “I don’t know her name…”

“See, hyung!” Jungshin clapped. “That’s the difference. I and Minhyuk often talked with Seolhyun—the girl which has a long straight hair girl as you said—because we attended the same course before we joined FNC, that’s why we’re friends. But you, didn’t I already tell you before, hyung? The only one girl that you’ve been talking with is only Sojin noona. Even your schoolmate, Junhee, you're so rare to chat with her. But Yuna… You only met her few times and when you’re talking with her, I never saw your face was so brightened like that before… Isnt it obvious hyung?”

“Seems like you were watching drama too much…”

“Eiiy hyung, don’t change the topic. Why you couldn’t admit that you had a special feeling for her? Hyung, there’s nothing wrong! She is very beautiful and talented!” Jungshin kept encouraging him.

“Stop talking nonsense, Jungshin-ah…” Jonghyun warned him while.

“Wae, hyung? Jungshin actually was right. You look a lot like Yonghwa hyung everytime you meet her…” Minhyuk stand on Jungshin’s side.

“What do you mean by look a lot like me?” Yonghwa asked bluntly while Jonghyun just looking at him, actually curious too.

“Everytime Jongie hyung met Yuna, he had the same expression with Yonghwa hyung when hyung was filming WGM with Seohyun…” Minhyuk explained while grinning widely. “It’s blossoming…”

“Blossoming???? Yya, do you think this place is a flower garden??” Jongie yelled at them while Yonghwa just grinning widely.

 

 

Meanwhile at the other studio…

“Oh someone’s mouth is going to rip because of smiling so wide…” Jimin started to tease Yuna, who couldn’t stop smiling since she entered the studio. “You know, she was talking with Jonghyun sunbae so long. Makes me even couldn’t go out from the toilet because I didn’t want to disturb them…”

“Yya unnie…”

“And do you know the highlight? I heard Jonghyun sunbae said this : See you later, Yuna. They already talked in banmal omo!!”

“Cincca??? Unnie cincca???” Hyejeong, Chanmi, Seolhyun and Minah were screaming hysterically. “Unnieee!!! How can this be????”

“Anii… you guys exaggerated too much…” Yuna tried to deny it although her face was blushing.

“What exaggerate?? Unnie, do you know Jonghyun sunbaenim is very rare to talk with girls?? Woah, unnie must be the first girl that can be chatted with him and even talked in banmal! Omo unnie!!” Hyejeong kept shaking Yuna’s body with full of excitement.

“Anii… it’s just—“

“Aish Yuna. Don’t deny it. Don’t ruin the mood. We’re so happy right now!!!” Choa, who was sitting beside her, hugged Yuna lovingly. “Yuna, you must be feel so happy right now, aren’t you?”

“We’re so happy too, unnie!!”

“Aigoo… there’s nothing between us, seriously…” Yuna tried to calm the situation.

“It even doesn’t matter if there’s something between you two!” the other members said in unison and continued to tease Yuna again.

 

 

 

 



annyeong.

first of all, i want to explain something first. I think few of you guy might ask why there's so many prologues. actually it's because I've planned that this story will be about something that related with CDD 5. So it means, the story will take the time around late 2013. So, that's why these two chapts, which was taken around 2010 turned into prologues.

and I think I've had enough with the prologue. I'll start the present story in the next update. so forgive me guys if you feel disappointed abt this story.

if u hv any suggestion, critics, comments or anything pls feel free to tell me ^^ i'll gladly accept it all.

and welcome for my new and lovely subscribers, readers, upvoters, comments, friends, and all of you guys who supported this story. thank you very much.

see you next chapt n love u all ^^