Promise.

Together

It was a saturday morning and I'm very thankful that there are no classes during saturdays.
...
'Did he transfer school? Where is he now?'

"Thinking about him again, hyung?"
My thoughts were cut by Taemin's sudden question.

Taemin is my dorm mate. He is kind, sweet, and cute. More of like a dongsaeng to me. A dongsaeng that I'm taking care of.

I just shrugged at his question and just ignored it.

"Aish. Why is hyung ignoring my question?" He asked me while pouting. Okay, I can't resist my dongsaeng's cute pout.

"Yes Taeminnie, I'm thinking about him again. I.. I.. I just can't sto-" I was on the verge of tears when my phone suddenly rang.

Unknown number. Eh? Who could it be.

'Jjong. Jonghy- Jonghyun. It could be him.'

I quickly grabbed my phone and pressed the green button.

"Yeobose- Yeoboseyo??"

*silence*

"Yeoboseyo? Who's this?" I asked nervously, hoping that it's him.
"Key.." I gasped. It's him. That deep husky yet sweet voice of his.. It's him!
"Jjo- Jjong?" Tears b in my eyes. Oh God, I missed his voice. I miss him!
"Key, I'm sorry."
"It's alright.. Aish. Where are you?! Where the hell have you been?! Why the hell are you only contacting me now??"
"I'm sorry Key! I will explain!"
"Okay then.."

Taemin give me a small smile and left the room to give me a little privacy.

"Well?"
"Key, I'm.. I'm in America right now and--"
"WHAT? WHERE??"
"Key listen please! They brought me here and I couldn't refuse!"
"Couldn't refuse? Tss. Whatever Kim Jonghyun."
"Key please. They said that if I don't obey them, they would attack you."
"So what Jjong? I'm willing to accept anything for you!"
"You don't understand Key. Not only you, I mean.. You and your family.."
"MY WHAT?? What's wrong with your mother??"
"I don't know. I'm sorry Key. For leaving you like that. And for contacting you just now. I just.. I just don't want you to be hurt!"
He sounded more hurt than me and I know he's crying. If only I could comfort him.
"I'm sorry Jjong, please don't cry. I'm here. I know we'll get through this."
"Key. I love you so much. So much that it hurts too much being away from you."
My tears started to flow uncontrollably from my eyes.
"I miss you Jonghyun. When are you going to come back? Come back for.. Back for.. For me.."
"I miss you more Kibum-ah. Wait for me please? Promise? I'll be back after.. After 1 year.."
"WHAT?? 1 year?? Seriously??"
"Yes Key, I'm sorry. Please wait for me. I promise I'll make it up to you."
We were both sobbing through the phone.
"I promise you, Kim Jonghyun. I'll wait for you. You're the only one I'll love. So.. YAH! BEHAVE THERE YEOBO!"
I heard him laugh a little.
"Of course Yeobo. I'll behave here. Trust me. I love you so much. So wait for me arasseo?"
My heart is starting to ache again for the fact that I can't pull him into a tight hug.
"I'll wait. I love you too Jonghyunnie."

And the line was cut off.