001

Closer

C H A P T E R 1
First Meeting

Somewhere at the metropolitan city, Seoul, there lived a girl named Choi Sulli. She is pretty, smart, and very independent. She lived at a little neat house at Seoul, and lived with her only sister, Choi Jinah. Eventhough their parents died for an accident 15 years ago, but still they lived happily together.

                “Sulli-ah!” Jinah shouted, tried to shook her only sister’s body that is sleeping tight. “You must come to your school again today.” Sulli moaned, and looked at her sister with her sleepy eyes.

                Sulli scoffed, and messed her chestnut hair. “Ah, unnie. Can’t I just skip school today? I feel really dizzy.” Once, Sulli showed her aegyo to attract Jinah, but all she got is Jinah’s frown.

                “Who asked you to came home late last night, huh?” Jinah said. “I didn’t come home late for clubbing though, I’m working!” Sulli snorted. “Yeah, whatever. Faster! I made breakfast for you already and I’m gonna go to work now.” Jinah walked out from Sulli’s room, leaving the sleepy Sulli that still dozed off on her pink-colored cozy bed.

                It became silence inside the Sulli’s room, until Sulli’s phone rang and break the silence. Sulli opened her eyes once again, and reached her phone. “Hello?”

                “Yah, Choi Sulli! You aren’t going to skip today’s school, aight? I’m gonna kill you if you do that!” Sulli’s only one best friend, Jung Soojung, called. Sulli sniffs, and then nods. “I got it.” She broke the phone line and walked to her bathroom. She peeked at her reflection on the mirror, and smiled slightly. She said words that she always said everyday to motivate her. “You can do it, today.”

***

                “Would you mind to evaluate my work?” Jung Soojung pouted, which made Sulli feels goosebumps. Sulli is well known as a smart and the most dilligent girl at their school. No wonder why Soojung really does like to ask Sulli anything about their lessons.

“Don’t do aegyo, I hate those thingy,” Sulli said as she grabbed a note on Soojung’s palm, and then opened it slightly. She focused on her friend’s note, when their school suddenly became chaos. “Huh? What happened?” Soojung mumbled with curiousity while looking at the bunch of girls.

                “Sulli-ah,” Soojung shook Sulli’s arm which made Sulli looked up. “Huh? Why?” Sulli asked. “Look! Why is everybody running like that? Oh- corrected. I mean girls. What the hell is happening?”

                Sulli threw her I-don’t-give-a- glance and then concetrating on Soojung’s note again while Soojung asked to one of those girls who look really excited, like bunch of fangirls who is waiting for their only one idol, which makes Sulli feels pissed off and think of it really annoying.

                “What happened?” Soojung asked to Suzy, a long-haired girl who is Sulli and Soojung’s classmate. She looks really excited. “Ah, they said there is a transfered students arrived today. As I heard, they said he is really handsome. And charming too!”

                Soojung frowned, “Mwoya... What’s really exciting about that? Really childish.”

                “What childish? You mean we are childish? They said it’s not only one, but two!” Hyeri said, while frowned. “Then what? It doesn’t seem like I put any interesting about it at all,” Soojung said. “Could it be that you both are... lesbian? Because I never see both of you dating a man. You both never showed any interest at boys too,” Hyeri said which makes Soojung feels burn up. “Mwo? What did you—“

“Can you guys please stop fighting?!” Sulli said loudly as she stood up from the park’s bench. “Dear Hyeri, we are still straight. But the fact is we are not clinging into handsome men as you did,” Sulli smiled and then walked away. Hyeri widen her eyes, and clench her fist. She feels like she got beaten up now.

“You got that, idiot,” Soojung smirked and then followed Sulli beside her.

“Who the hell are they?” Hyeri feels pissed off, she stomped on her feet while Suzy only patted her shoulder.

***

“Well, everyone. There’s a new student that will join with you all start from today. So I hope that all of you can get along each other well,” Mrs. Kim said in front of the class. Sulli is only watching outside from the window beside her seat, enjoy the good weather today. She feels really bored. Soojung is not at the same class with her since the first semester.

The girls—except Sulli—inside the class are now becoming noisy when a tall and charming guy entered the class. He smiled. He cleaned his throat, trying to grab the entire class attention, including Sulli. But Sulli only threw a glance to him for a while, then look outside again.

“Hi, my name is Oh Sehun,” he said, “I’m coming from London. I hope we can get along well.” He bowed, which got a big round of applause from everyone—once again, except Sulli. Because it seems like she looks interesting with a butterfly that gained her attention.

“Okay, Sehun. You can take a seat beside Sulli. She is the class president,” Mrs. Kim said when pointed at Sulli with her chin. “Choi Sulli.”

Sulli straighten up her body then looked at Mrs. Kim, “Yes, ma’am?”

Mrs. Kim smiled, “Please take care of him well, since he is the new student here.” Sulli looked at the blonde-hair guy beside Mrs. Kim, and then smiled. “Okay.”

“You may take a seat beside her,” Mrs Kim said to Sehun. Sehun bowed slightly, then walked toward the seat. He sitted at his new-seat, and turned his head to Sulli’s side. But sadly, Sulli doesn’t seem like she has some interesting at him like the other girls. Because Sulli, once again, look outside through the window.

“Uh- hi?” Sehun brace himself to talk to Sulli first. Sulli turned her head, and made eye-contact with Sehun that makes Sehun realizes that Sulli is really pretty. “Hi,” Sulli answered.

“I’m Sehun,” Sehun offered her right hand, hoping that Sulli will shake his hand like every girls dreamt of. But Sulli only smiled slightly, “You already introduced yourself in front of the class, didn’t you?”

Sehun pissed off. This is his first time that a girl refused him like that. Sehun cleaned his throat, and pulled his right hand to rubs his nape. This girl is really something. She is one of a kind, Sehun thought.

I should catch her heart and make her like me like every girls do.

***

To Be Continued...