Wrong Idea

Wrong Idea - Sunggyu

Getting a call early in the morning wasn’t what you had planned, yet you rolled over and answered the phone as a panicked voice came over your phone.

"I know it is early. I just. I just need your help, please." Sungyeol called on the other side of the phone.

"Sungyeol? What do you need my help with?" You sat up in your bed as you leaned against your head board as you played with the comforter.

"Well… you’re a girl and I have this girl that… well… I want to do something for her." Sungyeol said shyly as you just chuckled.

"I’ll be right there." You said as you got out of bed and put on a cute outfit to spend the rest of the day in. Pulling your hair to one side, you headed out of the door.

Sungyeol was there, in front of your home, pacing nervously. Once your door opened up to reveal you, he beamed as he ran up to you and wrapped you in a hug.

"Thank you, thank you for coming." Sungyeol said as he held you tightly.

"Ok, I’m here, just tell me about this girl of yours." You said as he released you from his grip as you two walked into the city for the day.

"Well, she is pretty and her hair is like perfect all the time. Everything about her is perfect and I am not good with women and I want to impress her." Sungyeol rambled on as you just nodded and had a big smile planted on your face. "What are you laughing at?"

"You just remind me of Sunggyu." You said honestly as Sungyeol playfully pushed your shoulder as you laughed more.

"Ewwwwww that is gross.": Sungyeol called as you blushed and bit your lip.

"Let’s just find something nice for your girl." You giggled as you opened the door to a floral shop.

"W-What are we doing here, ______-ssi?" He whispered in your ear as you giggled.

"Most girls like flowers, you can’t really go wrong with them." You said as you began to look for the perfect flowers for his confession. Sungyeol stuck to your side like a puppy as he just turned red with all of these flowers around.

"Go find something that you think that she will like." You guided as Sungyeol as he looked around and went to the white flowers as he smelled each one and looked at which ones would look pretty.

Eventually picking a bouquet with lots of color and different flowers in it, making it bright and beautiful. Both of you walked out of the shop with Sungyeol’s hands around the flowers as you just smiled at his young love.

”_______?” Sungyeol asked as he stopped across the street from the Woollim studio.

"Yes?" You turned and looked at him.

"What do I say to her? She is a receptionist in Woollim and she has all the right words but when I see her all of my words move away from me." Sungyeol said slowly as he looked across the street, seeing her behind the glass doors.

"Ok. I get it, you are nervous. How about we pretend I am the girl and you try and talk to me." You offered as Sungyeol looked back at you.

"Y-You would do that for me?" Sungyeol’s eyes got wide as you nodded with a smile. His arms quickly wrapped around you as you just giggled.

"Ok, let’s get started. I am the girl." You pretended to type on your keyboard as Sungyeol pretended to walk in, he walked up to your pretend desk as he smiled at you.

"Hello… ______ I just wanted to give you these flowers, showing you how beautiful you are to me." Sungyeol said as he handed the flowers over to you and you just smiled and nodded at Sungyeol.

"That was perfect, now you just have to pretend that she is me and you are all set." You patted Sungyeol’s shoulder as Sungyeol took in a few deep breaths before someone placed their hand on your shoulder. Looking up at the man, Sungyeol’s eyes got wide as his hyung, and your boyfriend was standing there, Sunggyu.

"Am I not good enough? Are you just using me to get with Sungyeol?" Sunggyu began to raise his voice with every question as Sungyeol placed the pieces of the puzzle together. You just stood there a little confused as Sunggyu began to tear you down. Tears formed in your eyes as the fresh gloss coated your orbs. Getting too big for your eyes to hold they rolled down your cheeks as you turned around and began to run away.

Sunggyu watched you as you ran into the crowd of people, Sungyeol let his bouquet fall to his side as Sunggyu just stood there as anger swelled within him.

"Don’t you get close to ______again." Sunggyu threatened as Sungyeol bowed and walked through the companies doors.

Sungyeol watched Sunggyu come through the doors and go to the studio as he took a few deep breaths and walked up to the counter. Her beautiful face looked up at Sungyeol as he smiled brightly at her.

"I found these and thought of you. They are bright and cheerful and beautiful. I just want to show you how you look to me." Sungyeol bowed as he handed her the bouquet. Walking off, she stood up and called his name as he turned around and thanked him for the gift as she wished him luck with the comeback. A wide smile was plastered on his face as he hurried to the studio.

Reaching the studio, the members all stood outside as some sat on the floor while others leaned on the wall.

"Is Sunggyu in there?" Sungyeol asked as the members nodded. He headed towards the door as he turned the handle.

"What are you doing Sungyeol?!" Myungsoo asked with a confused face.

"I have to set something straight." Sungyeol pushed open the door as Sunggyu leaned up against the mirrors. Sunggyu’s head lifted at the new company, yet once he saw Sungyeol, his head dropped and looked at the grain on the wood floor.

"What are you doing here? GET OUT!" Sunggyu yelled as Sungyeol stood his ground.

"No, you need to hear what I have to say." Sungyeol said as Sunggyu stood up and moved closely to Sungyeol.

"What is it. Say it quick, so I can be alone." Sunggyu said with a threatening tone as Sungyeol took a deep breath.

”________-ah was just trying to help me. I called her early this morning and I wanted to confess to the girl at the front desk and I needed a woman’s opinion, so I called her. We went to a floral shop and picked out some flowers and she was just helping me role play so I could know what to say to her without making a fool of myself.” Sungyeol hung his head low. “I know that this story is hard to believe from what you saw but it is the truth. Do what you want to me, but don’t do anything to her. I would never take your girl away from you, especially that one that is perfect for you. I’m sorry.” Sungyeol bowed and turned and left. The members outside of the door got a glimpse of Sunggyu as he was frozen in the middle of the floor, Sungyeol ran down to the gym inside of the company as he needed to run off his frustration.

A few minutes later, Sunggyu ran out of the room and down to the lobby, the members moved into the room to try and dance what they could. Sunggyu ran outside and ran in the direction that he last saw you go.

Tears gently spilled from his eyes as he ran faster to you. Upon reaching your house, his pace slowed and his breath was rapid as he tried to calm his racing and broken heart. Walking up to your door, he knocked carefully as he pressed his ear up to the door. hearing your whimpering and shaking breaths, he felt his heart break again. Looking down at the handle, he rested his hand on it for he knew your combination but he just stood around on your doorstep.

The dark night wrapped around the two broken hearts as he took a seat on your porch. His mind didn’t think of anything but you, behind that door crying your eyes out all for him. Crying yourself to sleep, you laid on your bed as Sunggyu kept watch on the front steps. Staying up all night, s messaged him to remind him to eat and to sleep, yet he felt sick to his stomach and too awake to fall asleep.

Days passed as he just stayed on your doorstep, trying to find a way to make it up to you. He loved you too much to ever want to fight with you, but he knew that he was wrong. Knowing that you were just being the kind hearted person you were, helping out one of his band mates he didn’t think that he could ever forgive himself.

The door opened behind him to you in jeans and an old t shirt, his eyes watched you closely wondering if you were going to disappear like a dream. But you stayed, looking down at Sunggyu, you wanted to run back into your house yet your feet were stuck to the ground, unable to move.

Slowly, gathering the rest of his remaining energy, he stood up as his tear stained face, the poor coloring on his skin and his bloodshot eyes told the same story that you tried to hide behind your makeup.

”_______” He weakly said your name, “I heard the real story from Sungyeol. I was wrong. I am so sorry to accuse you and I am so sorry for thinking that you would ever do that to me. I have been out here since you ran away, those few days ago. I haven’t eaten or slept, all I could do was think about you. I’m sorry, I will do anything to get you back, I will do anything to show you I was wrong I will do anything to show I lo-”

Wrapping your arms tightly around his torso, you rested your head against his chest as you let your tears slip from your eyes. Freezing his words, he looked down at you as he slowly wrapped his arms around your shoulders, moving closer to you he kissed your head softly.

"I love you." He whispered as you gripped his shirt and pulled yourself against him. Holding you close, he wanted to savor the moment, he vowed to himself that he would get the full story before jumping to conclusions, with you and with everyone else.