I

Our Red String

Victoria took a sip of the bubbling champagne in her hand as she scanned over the scene laid upon her. She was at a movie premiere after-party and she was the centre of the attention since she was all the rage recently since her popularity had risen tremendously. A couple of juniors greeted Victoria with a bow and she raised her glass up in acknowledgement as she walked around the crowded ballroom.

   Victoria walked out the room and into the hallway, taking another sip of the champagne as she trailed down the endless carpeted floors. At the end of the hallway were a few high glass-windows looking out into the night view of Seoul. Victoria took another sipped of champagne when she realized she wasn’t alone at the moment. A small smile tinted her face.

    “Its been a while stranger.” Victoria whispered at the person’s ear, causing him to jump. Victoria giggled as she sat next to him on the small couch.

    “You scared me.” Nichkhun chuckled as he placed a hand against his chest. Victoria only grinned as she continued gazing out the window.

    “Congrats by the way,” Victoria suddenly said as she took another sip of her drink. “With Tiffany.” Nichkhun shifted uncomfortable in his seat—oddly enough. But Victoria smiled playfully at him. “To be honest, I’m still shock that you two went public with it. Fans are going crazy with the sudden news.” Nichkhun sighed as his eyes glazed over the view.

    “Tell me about it. A few days already passed by since the announcement yet fans are still mourning about it.” He suddenly chuckled. “Tiffany said their hatred towards us is proof that they love us. Crazy.” Victoria giggled as she shook her head. She was in China when she heard the news. It was only a few seconds and already fans were attacking them online. Some supported, some opposed… it was really hectic.

    “How long were you two dating?” Victoria asked out of curiousity. Nichkhun’s brows pushed together as he thought about it.

    “It’s still new, 4 months—”

    “Is what the press said.” Victoria quickly cut him off and continued his sentence. “Common, you expect me to believe that ‘we’re just started dating and still getting to know each other” crap?” Nichkhun looked sheepish as Victoria smiled with amusement.

    “Okay, you caught me. It’s been a few years.” Nichkhun confessed and this didn’t surprise Victoria. “How’d you know?” Victoria hesitated.

    “I think I’ve always known about it during our WGM days.” Victoria truthfully admitted. “You both were doing a terrible job at hiding it. I mean all those couple items I always caught you two wearing, puh-lease.” Victoria shook her head as she took the last sip of her champagne. Nichkhun felt a bit taken aback.

    “Sorry.” He suddenly said.

    “Why?” Victoria saw the hint of red tinging his ears and a cynical smile spread on her face. “Ohhh… for cheating on me during our marriage?” She emphasized and Nichkhun’s eyes quickly grew wide with alarm.

    Victoria couldn’t stand the expression on his face and finally burst out laughing. A hand clutched her stomach as she choked on her own laughter.

    “Sorry. That was too mean.” She said between giggles. Nichkhun exhaled and rolled his eyes at Victoria.

    “Are you done now?” He said, a hint of annoyance in his tone.

    “Sorry, sorry.” She snickered. “You should’ve seen the look on your face. You looked terrified.”

    “How couldn’t I? I thought you were going to get pissed.” Nichkhun’s words finally killed Victoria’s laughter. She looked at him confusingly. “To be honest, even though it was just a show, it felt really weird when I had to play the role as a husband to you when I was already with someone else. It was fine at first because I was really single at the time. But after a few months since I started, me and Tiffany just suddenly… you know… and it got complicated with you and the show.” Victoria only nodded in understanding and an apologetic smile was on Nichkhun’s face.

    “To be honest with you, I really was furious at that time. I mean you were my husband, virtually, but still… You’ve been treating me like I was really your wife that when I heard rumours around my company about you both, I felt like just quitting the show.” Victoria confessed honestly and suddenly regretted saying them.

    “Sorry.” Nichkhun apologized again but Victoria quickly shook her head.

    “Don’t be. No one’s at fault here. As far as I’m concern, you did a great job at taking care of me during WGM. If you had suddenly quit then I would be really mad but you stayed on and took responsibility. It was just a show for crying out loud. And you fell in love with the girl of your dreams. It’s all nonsense really.” Victoria concluded and both of them laughed.

    Nichkhun suddenly sighed as memories of the past played in his mind.

    “How long has it been? 3 years since we ended WGM?” His question stirred something in Victoria as she remembered back the first time she saw Nichkhun at the 63 Building.

    “Wow, time really flies. You remembered the little concert you threw me in Busan? I swear, that was the most embarrassment plus awkward moment in my entire life.” Victoria giggled as she remembered the moment vividly in her mind. Nichkhun blushed.

    “Says you. I remembered being totally nervous that night. It was the first time I did something so cheesy to a someone.” Nichkhun thought back and wished he didn’t do what he did then. He was totally embarrassed when he sang for Victoria and the humiliation grew when Victoria didn’t gave him the respond he wanted. He blushed harder.

    “You were even more cheesy after that. Seriously, there were times I actually wanted to puke. How tacky can you get?” Victoria playfully slapped Nichkhun on the shoulder and he nudged her back as they both giggled at the thoughts of the ‘them’ before.

    “I thought girls like that cliché, banal stuff they always see in rom-coms?”

    “Sure, but it’s still embarrassing.”

    “At least I put in some effort. If I remembered perfectly, you never did anything romantic towards me. You were really boring.” Victoria slapped Nichkhun’s arm and he yelped.

    “Did you forget that I cooked for you, woke you up in the morning, act cute for you, dance for you—”

    “You remembered the dance you gave me after our wedding? On the yacht. The ‘giyowo’ dance.” How could Victoria forget the worst dance she ever did in her entire life. Her cheeks flushed bright red when Nichkhun imitated her tasteless choreography.

    “Quit it!” Victoria yelled but they both ended up laughing and continued reminiscing the past.

    It was weird, in the past few years, this was the first time they actually thought about their days together during WGM. It was just a show, it didn’t have much meaning before but now that they are bringing back the memories, some lost feelings were brought back as well.

    They didn’t stop conversing. Even when the party was over and everyone had left, they were still laughing and sharing their embarrassing thoughts during the moments they shared.

    As the night grew darker, they grew closer. And the next thing they knew, the gap that had been dug deep all these years instantly sealed shut in that one night.

 

 

~~~

I’m pretty sure all my fellow Khuntorians are outraged by the heart-breaking news of the legit existence of ‘Khunfany’. To be honest I’m not that shock, I guess a part of me always knew bcoz, common all the couple items I’ve seen on them all these times… *sighs

But life is still long and the unpredictable can happen. Who knows, right? Let’s just be happy for them and pray that our Vic would find a better man as well.

The idea for this story was thought up quite some time now and at first I decided not to go through with it since I’m still working on two other ff, but since the KF news, I can’t will myself to write about Khuntoria. It just hurts to write an ending that’s never going to be true. So I decided to write this story up. I hope you guys like it n support me.

 

Love,

aishah3