Chapter 02

So Be It, Love!

First day of school was mostly administrative procedures. The general "let's fight for who gets to be class president and vice-president" occurred. While neither Chinen or Kanami volunteered to be candidates, Chinen somehow managed to obtain the position of vice-president. It was probably due to the sudden rise of popularity he had gain from last year's talent show. 

"I'm sorry Nami, I have to stay afterschool to clean up the room today." Chinen frowned as he picked up the broom from the closet at the back of the classroom.

Kanami shook her head. "That's fine. I'm going to get some groceries on the way back, so you would probably be home before I would." She slipped out of the classroom and went to the lockers to switch her shoes. On her way out, she overheard the same girls from her class talking about the auditions.

"Aw only girls are allowed to audition for this."

"Really? I would have really wanted to invite Chinen-kun to come along too. He would have the highest chance out of all of us."

Kanami wondered how it would have been like if Chii became an idol. Usually idols have a lot of rules regarding how their schedules would be like. People would probably mistake her to be in a relationship with Chii since they hang out a lot together, and they live next door to each other too. And the papparazzi - the fans would probably fill up the whole apartment hallway if they figured out where he lived. 

While thinking hard about the scenario, Kanami found herself waiting in a line filled with girls of all ages. 

"Strange, I don't recall a sale at the grocery store today." She spoke to herself. It wasn't uncommon for grocery stores to have pop up sales, but this was the first time the line was this long. Nevertheless she continued to wait, but she did not expect a sudden turn into the building that was next to the grocery store. Since she was standing in the line for a while she decided to might as well see what was going on, just to satisfy her curiosity. 


"Miya-san, how are the candidates going?" Hikaru asked nervously as he checked the time.

"Nothing good so far."

Hikaru scratched his head. "We only have two hours left today..."

Miya turned around. "Hikaru-kun! As a top make-up artist and fashion stylist, I do have my limitations too, Makeup and clothes can only enhance the features, not completely re-create an entirely different person! I have to take my time in finding someone ordinary-looking yet has potential. Of course I want to finish this time-consuming task as fast as I can!"

Miya took a sip of water from her cup, took the clipboard and walked back out of the break room. Hikaru sighed as he eyed the small wooden box on the table. He somehow continued to doubt that this plan would work. 

Back in the hall, many girls were awaiting their turn. Become an idol with no existing talent? No way. Many were there just to hope that there was a chance for them to be chosen. There was something strange about this audition though. Individuals were brought into a room and word has it that all you needed to do was say your name before you left the room for the next auditionee. This way, the line moved fairly quickly and the chosen one was to be signed on the spot, meaning that those who were still in line would be disappointed to know that the auditions have closed.

Getting tired, Miya tried to keep herself awake by moving the line as fast as she could. 

"Thank you, next!" Miya said once again. 

Kanami entered the room. What am I supposed to do here? She wondered to herself as she realizes that it was some sort of auditioning room. 

Miya was a little startled by the appearance of this girl. Why would a tomboy be auditioning to become an idol? She did a quick scan on the girl. Figure is not bad, top might need a little improvement. "What's your name?" Miya asked. 

"Um, it's Mitsuharu Kanami." Kanami replied quietly. 

Miya perked up. "Mitsuharu-san, can you please do a three-sixty?" She twirled her finger to signal what she wanted. 

Kanami hesitated but did as she was told. She noticed that the woman nodded her head in approval when she faced the front again. 

"Mitsuharu-san, please come with me." Miya stood up and walked to the back door. She held out her arm for a handshake. "Call me Miya-san." They arrived at the break room. 

Hikaru looked up and saw Kanami. "Uh, is she the one?"

Miya nodded happily. "I think I can do something with her."

Confused with what was going on, Kanami asked, "I'm sorry, but can you guys fill me in?"

"Idol!" Miya answered. "We're going to make you an idol!"

Kanami stepped back. "I-I can't be an idol. I don't look like one."

Miya winked. "I can fix that. They call me one of the best makeup artists who is also a fashion stylist!"

"I don't know how to dance."

"We can fix that." Miya nodded. 

"I have no singing talent at all."

"That we can fix too."

Even more confused now, Kanami began to think this was just a hoax. "Are you guys scammers?"

Hikaru chuckled. "No, our president is just a little eccentric. He's a genious though he came up with this:" He headed to the desk and picked up the wooden box. After hesitating for a few seconds, he walked up to Kanami and handed her the box. 

Kanami opened the box to find a bracelet chain. "Yup definitely a scam."

"We aren't a scam!" Hikaru looked concerned but pointed. "Just wear the bracelet."

"Sorry I don't wear girly items such as this." She fought back.

Miya took this opportunity to slip between the two, grabbed the braclet and placed it on Kanami's wrist.