Kwang Min

Suzy's Melody

Next day at school, Dong Ju was being his normal, mean self when Suzy entered the classroom, panting slightly, her face flushed red and her eyes stinging from the heat. Dong Ju felt concern creep up inside of his heart, but decided to ignore it. After all, she was irritating, he thought to himself as he eyed her wearily. Ignoring Dong Ju’s glare, she made her way down the aisle, and sat down next to him, her ears ringing and her face feeling hot because of Kwang Min oppa. She let down her hair again, letting it fall down the side of her face, creating a curtain to shield herself from Dong Ju’s resentful glare. Instead of her usual stony demeanor, she seemed a little agitated today.

“Yah, what’s wrong with you?” Dong Ju whispered when he couldn’t take it anymore.

She didn’t reply. Instead, she continued to scribble in her notebook. Dong Ju frowned in frustration and confusion. What’s with her? Dong Ju shook his head at her and twirled his pen, his attention diverted. Even then, he would sneak glances at her, thinking that, maybe, she would look at him. Suzy didn’t deign to reply to the rude boy’s questions. Even when he was asking, he couldn’t do it politely. She chose to ignore him and his furtive looks. Moments passed, and the bell rang with finality, signalling the end of class. The bell caught the teacher off guard, cutting her sentence short. As usual, she would sigh and pack up her things while informing the students of their homework. She gathered her things and was about to head out of class when she felt a warm hand grasp her arm firmly.

“Yah, why won’t you even look at me?” she heard a harsh voice say.

She turned to look at the furious Dong Ju with disbelief. “What’s your problem? Get your hand off me,” she snapped.

Suzy felt his grip loosen with surprise, and then harden as he realized what she was saying. Dong Ju couldn’t believe what he was hearing. How dare she talk to him like that? He knew that he was hurting her; the way her arm was bent and the amount of pressure he was exerting on her arm could possibly break her arm should he exert more pressure, but he kept it check. She was giving away no signs of weakness in her eyes, refusing to let Dong Ju see her like that.

“I said, get your hand off,” Suzy was seething now, the pain in her arm fuelling her anger.

“What’s the problem here?” a rough, deep voice interrupted both of them.

“Who are you?” Dong Ju questioned the tall boy who was standing in front of them.

“O...oh, Kwang Min oppa...,” Suzy stammered softly, her eyes avoiding his.

Dong Ju squinted at Kwang Min and narrowed his eyes, as if he couldn’t believe that Kwangmin was willing to get himself involved.

“Kwang Min?” Dong Ju scoffed. “I don’t know, and honestly don’t want to know who you are, but if I were you, it’d be wise to back off.”

“Coming from you, it would least likely be the wisest thing to do,” Kwangmin answered calmly, his sharp features highlighted with amusement.

“It wouldn’t be, once you really know what I’m capable of.”

“I’m sure I would be scared,” Kwang Min said nonchalantly.

Dong Ju gave him a secret, knowing smile and left, leaving a quiet Suzy with Kwangmin.

“Are you alright?” Kwang Min touched her shoulder gently.

She recoiled, her cheeks turning a darker shade of crimson. “Ne...I’m fine. Thank you.”

She couldn’t bear the awkwardness and the tension floating in the atmosphere and headed for the door when she heard Kwang Min’s voice.

“You shouldn’t let him bully you around like that,” he said.

Kwang Min watch her leave, feeling sorry for her. It was bad enough that she was alone, and now someone was bothering her. That boy...he looked familiar. Wasn’t he the new transfer student from some private school? He dares show his face here and bully people around? He dares to talk back to Jung Kwang Min? Ah, Park Dong Ju, you’re in for an interesting year. He gathered his things and picked up his bag, a plan already forming in his mind with the outline of a promised revenge. Park Dong Ju, you better watch out.