32: A Flashback: Sweet Holiday (**HTML ERROR FIXED AND MODIFIED on JULY 6, 2015, 4PM)

Can U Smile?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A Sweet Holiday

[Song of the Day: CN Blue- Sweet Holiday]

"You've got a lot of things with you, Director." It was Lee Kwangsoo, the executive secretary slash great work buddy slash one of the reliable friends of the Nam Corporation's humble and down-to-Earth executive director and future heir, Kim Sunggyu. “How were you able to bring these things out of the mall?”

It was already twelve twenty-five in the afternoon when he arrived at the parking lot of the mall, sporting Director Kim Sunggyu's luxurious Mercedez Benz CLS63 AMG.

"Kwangsoo-hyung, I've told you to drop of the formalities whenever we're outside the office." Sunggyu said as he assisted Kwangsoo and Taeyeon in putting all of their things inside the car and its compartment. "Anyway, some security personnel helped us with our things."

"Really, Director? Oops... Gyuzizi."

"By the way, this friend with me is Kim Taeyeon-ssi, hyung." He introduced his female companion who was beside him.

The tall man paused for a while and bowed his head, "Annyeong haseyo, Ms. Taeyeon. I am Lee Kwangsoo, his secretary and also his friend."

"Annyeong haseyo, Mr. Lee, my name is Kim Taeyeon." She bowed and smiled, handing Kwangsoo the other things. "There is no need to be formal with me. You can simply call me Taeyeon."

"Algesseumnida. Please drop off the formalities too, Taeyeon-ssi. Just call me, Kwangsoo."

"Alright, Kwangsoo-ssi," she assented.

Seeing how beautiful and polite she was, Kwangsoo's jaw dropped in awe. 'Is she Gyuzizi's girlfriend? Oh dude! She looks beautiful plus she is very nice!'

Finished putting the things inside the car, He closed the car's compartment and doors. "Hyung," Sunggyu called out, patting the older one on his shoulder. "Gwaechanhayo?"

Kwangsoo was snapped out from his thoughts and went towards the woman. He said in polite manner, "Taeyeon-ssi, may I excuse Director Kim for a while?"

"Sure. You may freely do so,” Taeyeon responded, bobbing her head.

Pulling Sunggyu with him, slightly far from where Taeyeon was, Lee Kwangsoo questioned in his lowest voice as possible, "I will be direct to the point. I have an assumption of what's happening, but I want to hear the truth directly from you. Sunggyu-dongsaeng, is she your girlfriend?"

His face flushed the moment he heard his question. Waving his hands in denial, Sunggyu answered lowly, "No. It's not what you think, Kwangsoo-hyung. She is just a friend of mine. Taeyeon-ssi is not my girlfriend."

"Hmm, really?" Kwangsoo asked in suspicion. "The way you look at her, something's off. When you look at other women, you would be calm, cold and professional, but when it comes to her, it's different. Besides, you don't interact with women except if it's business-related. I'm not picking my nose in your love life, but I just find it odd that you keep this from me."

"Ay, hyung. No, no, no. I swear that she is not my girlfriend. I swear," Sunggyu insisted. "She is not my girlfriend....although I would love to." His last words were more of a whisper filled with disappointment. Immediately, he looked away from Kwangsoo.

"See? But you like her, don't you?"

"Hmmm," he mumbled, letting his eyes fall down his crossed fingers.

"What? Don't deny it."

Sunggyu just gave him a plain look and a pat on his right shoulder. He said, "Thank you for your help, Kwangsoo-hyung."

"Hey! Stop diverting the topic." Kwangsoo muttered. "Answer me for Pete’s sake, Kim Sunggyu."

"Lower your voice or she'll hear us," the younger one murmured, hushing Kwangsoo instantly.

"What now? Do you like her?"

"That's not it."

"What do you mean?"

"Ssh.. It's not that I like her."

"WHAT?? YOU DON'T LIKE HER FOR REAL?? SHE'S NICE, BEAUTIFUL AND POLITE?" Kwangsoo's eyes widened in disbelief. "WHAT COULD YOU ASK FOR? I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU'D LOVE HER TO BECOME YOUR—"

"Sshhh... I said lower your voice."

"Okay, okay. Now, mind explaining what you've said?"

"Umm... It's not that I like her but," Sunggyu murmured and paused. He let out a sigh and continued, "It's because I already… I already love her."

"AH! So that's it! I thought you don't like her. AH NO! You don't like her because you already love her," the older one giggled as a wide grin was formed on his face. "The icy boy is in LOVE."

"Sshh, hyung. She might hear us."

"So what if she does? You love her, so she must know it—"

"Ay! The situation is complicated. It's not easy," Sunggyu sighed in dismay. "It's not like I can say that straight on her face and she'll be happy to hear that I...I love her."

"Oww... Why? Haven't you told her yet?"

"I… I almost did," the younger one uttered. "But she stopped me halfway and told me that I was just confused with my feelings. Perhaps, the fact that she works as an employee at Hope Café and I am her former boss and the executive director of the Nam makes a barrier between us. I don't think she likes me back."

"Omo... At Hope Café? Ohh... That's why she looks familiar. I saw her before." Kwangsoo pondered on his memory. "Aha! She was the beautiful girl who said that ‘a morning without coffee is like waking up without opening your eyes’. Yeah! That’s her."

"I thought about that too... the moment you gave me a coffee during that day," Sunggyu agreed. "Besides, she's the only female employee there and I've heard her say such things to a customer before. I also know how the coffee she makes tastes like."

"Woah... What a coincidence," his secretary, awed and surprised, mumbled. "But memorizing the taste of the coffee she does, you surely are head over heels with her, aren’t you?"

"Whatever, Kwangsoo-hyung. Anyway, thank you again for helping us with our things even though you really don't have to because today is the start of my holiday leave which means you're also off with your duties as my secretary."

"You're welcome. But I think you've bought a lot. Are you sure you're not yet married to her, not even her boyfriend? Those things you have show that you're like a married couple who are settling to your new house after honeymoon." Kwangsoo innocently observed. “I am not blind to see what exists before my shimmering eyes, dude.”

"Hyung! We just won those things from a contest," the younger man whined.

"Okay, okay. I'll no longer ask what kind of contest it was because it's pretty obvious that it's a couple contest. Wearing the same color of clothes, necklaces and rings... It's very obvious. Are you sure she doesn't like you too? If others will see you, they might assume you're a real couple. Seriously," Kwangsoo laughed, seeing how Sunggyu's face flushed after what he said. "Anyway, I don't wonder why you love her."

"Huh?"

"You've got the same vibes, honestly," the older one commented. "You two are somewhat alike. How do I say it? Cold... Umm, that is not the right term... I don’t know. I really feel you are similar. You’ve got same vibes. It’s not a joke."

"Hmm... Never mind that." He pouted his lips in annoyance before he put a plain reaction on his face as he went towards Taeyeon who was standing quietly and waiting for them to finish their conversation.

‘Okay. He wants to cut the conversation before it goes somewhere he does not expect to go. Hihihi. He’ll get caught soon.’ Kwangsoo let out a cough and soon spoke up, "So I guess I will keep going now, Director and Taeyeon-ssi."

"Hyung, please bring those things at the café. I've already informed Mr. Bong about those things via text message."

"Yes, Director...Oh, I mean Sunggyu..."

"Thank you very much, Kwangsoo-ssi," the woman gratefully expressed. "I know it's bothersome for you, but you still help us."

"No, it isn't a bother because it is my pleasure, Taeyeon-ssi." Kwangsoo responded, giving her a smile. He landed his gaze down to the paper bags Sunggyu took from her and wondered, "Wouldn't you want to send off those paper bags too? What do they contain, by the way?"

"Ah, I forgot to put these inside the car. By the way, these are hanboks," Sunggyu answered. He handed the older one the paper bags and requested, "Hyung, kindly put them within the driver's seat since the passenger's seat and the compartment are already bombarded with other things. Mr. Bong will tell you where to place those things later. I will be the one to tell him where we got such things, but please tell him not to allow anyone to see what’s inside the paper bags."

"Copy, Sunggyu. By the way, what are you going to do now? Do you want me to fetch you after I bring those things to Hope Café?"

"No need, Kwangsoo-hyung," Sunggyu responded. "We will be going somewhere else before we drop by the café."

'Somewhere else? Eodi? 'Taeyeon gave him a wondering look.

'Huaahhh! Date? You're going on a date, aren't you? Ayaya! Director Kim, you're doing a bold move huh!' A sheepish smile was plastered on Kwangsoo's face. "Really? Where? Do you mean you are going to have a dat—oh, I mean... a friendly walk?"

Sunggyu shot him a what-are-you-saying look. “Hyung,” he muttered.

"Friendly walk?" She naively questioned.

"Don't mind it, Taeyeon-ssi. I'm just saying irrelevant things," he dismissed, preventing her from questioning him further. "So I'll be going now. I still have to bring these things at the café and run an errand for President Nam later."

"Thank you, Kwangsoo-hyung. Please be careful in driving. Please don't forget too to remind Director Do Siwoo of our Hainan construction project. You may use the car for today. After the holidays, I'll immediately get back to work," Sunggyu reminded.

"Fully noted, Gyuzizi. I will settle everything in the office later. Your lovable baby, Mercedez Benz CLS63 AMG is safe with me. Stay foot and just enjoy your holiday date with your girlfriend today,"Kwangsoo gave him a hundred percent assurance.

"What is it, Kwangsoo-ssi?" Taeyeon wondered. "Da—date what? Girlfriend?"

Sunggyu feigned a smile and instantly shot his secretary and friend a tell-her-that-she-misheard-what-you-have-said look.

"Oh, did I say date?" Kwangsoo asked in innocence.

"She misheard it, right? Hyung, tell me I am right," Sunggyu excused with his eyes pleaded his secretary to make up an excuse too.

"Date? He is right. I think—I think you have misheard what I have said. What I actually said was 'stay foot and just enjoy your holidays with your friend today'. That's it." His secretary laughed awkwardly. "And that friend is you. You are also Director Sunggyu's friend, right?"

"Yeah, hyung is right," Sunggyu excused. "I think you have just misheard it, Taeyeon-ssi."

"Okay, I'll be really going now before I spat out the things I should not say," Kwangsoo incoherently muttered with his left hand opening the door of the driver's seat.

"Take care, Kwangsoo-ssi. Please be careful in driving." She bowed her head.

Bidding her a goodbye, he answered, "Yes, Taeyeon-ssi. I hope we'll meet again." The tall man bowed his head.

"Goodbye, hyung,” Sunggyu worded, waving his hand.

"Goodbye."

Before completely entering the car, he saw how Sunggyu supported Taeyeon by putting one arm on her shoulders when they started walking. Kwangsoo then called out his boss and friend's name, "Director Kim."

Hearing Kwangsoo's loud voice, Taeyeon and Sunggyu instantly turned their heads and looked at him.

"Go get your girl. Hwaiting!" His secretary mouthed, indirectly pointing Taeyeon who did not have a clue of what was going on.

Comprehending what he said, Sunggyu bobbed his head and mouthed back, "I know and I will. Thank you, hyung."

‘Good. This is your chance to prove yourself to her.’ After hearing his reply, Lee Kwangsoo entered the car, started the engine and drove the car away from the place.

Seeing the car leave, the woman looked at her companion and questioned, “What did Kwangsoo-ssi say to you?”

‘Ah that..’ He shook his head and replied an alibi to dismiss her question, “He just said that we should be careful in heading where we have to.”

"By the way, was that your car? It's so cool and luxurious," Taeyeon commented. "You really have a good taste in cars."

"Yes, it's mine. Mercedez Benz CLS63 AMG, a gift I received from President Nam last year after I closed three deals with international investors."

“Wow... That's stunning to hear. As expected of filthy rich people. Anyway, where are we going now? I actually thought that we’ll just take public transportation to go to the café, but you told him that we’re going somewhere. Eodi?”

Instead of answering the question, he raised another question, “Don’t you want to eat? Aren’t you feeling hungry right now?”

“I am not really hungry right now,” she admitted nonchalantly.

“Is that so? But don’t you want us to grab something to eat? The last time we've eaten was at seven. It's already twelve thirty, Ms. Kim," he said, taking a glance of his wrist watch.

"I know. Umm. I am not kind of hungry, but snacks will do."

"Snacks for lunch? Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am. If you want to eat heavy meals, you may do so. Since it's still twelve thirty, you may drop by a restaurant, fast food or wherever you want," she responded calmly. "Let us just meet at the café by one thirty. You said you'll help us with the preparation for the event, right?"

"Yes, I did. But can't I join you eat tteokboki because my stomach is whining now?" He raised an eyebrow.

"You would?" Taeyeon asked in disbelief.

He nodded and replied, "Yes. Is there a problem with that?"

"Really?" She shook her head twice, digesting his answer. "Can chaebol men like you eat foods that are being sold in the streets? Seriously?"

"Yes. Why not?"

"You know people like you usually eat in five stars, not along the pavements of the commoners." Taeyeon explained. "Very surprising to hear from a filthy rich bachelor. Perhaps, you want some bizarre adventure, don't you?"

"Surprising? No, it is not," he disproved, folding his arms. "As a matter of fact, I eat a lot of street foods. Tteokboki, pig's blood, pig's intestine, chicken's foot and silkworms, to name a few."

"Dang! Jeongmallyo? Do you really eat those foods?" She questioned in surprise.

"You heard it right, Ms. Kim," he affirmed. "To tell you the truth, my friends, my brother and I had the habit of eating street foods back then. In fact, we love hanging out at Pojangmachas."

"At Pojangmacha? Really?" Her jaw dropped in awe."Aren't chaebols like you germ phobic?"

"Yes, at Pojangmacha. But no, my friends and I are not germ phobic. That's too much. We are normal people, Ms. Kim. We ride in public transportations, buy low-cost clothes here at Dongdaemun and other places, eat street foods and convenience store foods, drink soju at Pojangmachas, sing at Noraebang. In other words, we act as normal people do."

"Hold on. Friends? Do you mean the kind guys we have met at The Square before?"

"Precisely, Taeyeon-ssi."

"They must be from rich clans like you."

"Well, that is true. The funny and oldest one was Jang Dongwoo. He is the the current general manager of the Elite Malls Corporation. The composed and serious one was Lee Howon or Hoya as he introduced. He is the current executive director of the Insignia Telecommunications and son of the senior vice president and CEO of Insignia Finance Corporation," he cited in detail. "The guy who asked you a lot of things was Lee Sungyeol, the current public relations and brand manager and son of owner of the Samyung Foods Corporation. Lastly, the other serious and quiet-type and maknae of our group is Kim Myungsoo or also known as L. He is the curator of the The Serendipity Group of Galleries."

"Ohh, you really are a group of chaebols." Her face showed that she was stunned to hear those men's background. "It's very surprising to hear that people like you eat along the streets too."

"Yes, we do." Sunggyu answered. "I can even remember that whenever the rest got drunk at a Pojangmacha, Howon-dongsaeng and I would have to pay the bill and carry and drive them home." He smiled, reminiscing those times.

"Really? Oh, that must be tiring yet funny times," she mumbled. 'Pojangmacha..hmm..'

[~]

"Ahjumma, two bowls of beef stew and a bottle of soju," she requested politely as she raised her left arm. While she was eating her food, she saw a guy who was completely drunk.

"Ahjumma, serve me 170 bottles more," the lad laughed in a groggy manner. The old woman shook her head in disbelief, "Young kid, you are drunk. You must go home now."

"What? Who are you calling a kid? Don't you know who I am?" He shouted in disgust.

The young woman who was sitting at the left corner of the pojangmacha mumbled, "Why the heck are freaks are spread all over the world?" She went towards the guy. The lad was in deep intoxication. It was like he lost his sanity after drinking a lot of soju. He was acting like a freak who made everyone in the pojangmacha itch with disgust.

"Could you please lower your voice? You are not the only one here!" she complained calmly.

The man tried to blink his eyes for a few times. "Who are you? I can buy the whole place. I can even buy you," he cackled crazily.

Her face puckered up with annoyance, "You are buying who? Me? You must be out of mind," she scorned.

The young lady was about to walk back from him when, the lad grabbed her left arm. He yelled, "Ei! I'm still not finished talking to you!" The young lady said in disgust, "You want a fight? Byuntae!" She punched his face which startled the inebriated man.

All of a sudden, everyone in the pojangmacha were shocked. They were totally speechless.

"You are making me lose my appetite," she said in mockery.

The young lady went towards the old woman, "Ahjumma, here is my payment." She handed her the payment for the food that she has eaten. After a few minutes, she left the pojangmacha.

He cleared his throat, but soon yelled in irritation,"Yah!"

[~]

'I can't help, but think of that moment whenever I hear the word 'Pojangmacha'. Haha.' She let out an unheard chuckle while backtracking that moment. 'Sir Woohyun was preposterous during that time. Probably, the effect of alcohol has taken away his sanity for him to act and speak that manner. The ending then became... his handsome face received a goodbye punch from me. Silly.'

Her face turned serious when he paused from walking. She wondered, "Waeyo? I thought you will join me for tteokboki."

"No, that's not it," he murmured, shaking his head.

"What is it?"

"I just remembered something."

"And?"

"Wait. I am just wondering why you're surprised to know that someone like me goes at places like Pojangmacha."

"Hmm. It's because you're a chaebol. Why?"

"Didn't I explain it before?"

"What explanation?"

"Don't you remember the time we've gone to a Pojangmacha before?"

"We did? When was that?" Taeyeon wondered.

"Hayy... Seriously... How can you forget that?" He murmured, letting out a sigh. Sunggyu continued walking. 'How can she forget that?'

"I don't have a photographic memory that's why I did." She followed her behind. "If you tell me, I might remember it."

"Never mind. Let's just leave it this way. I don't think it's a good idea to make you remember what you have forgotten," he answered. "You might call me 'Sunggyu-seonsaengnim' again."

"Sunggyu-seon—what?"

"Never mind.Gaja! I am hungry now."

"Ya! Sunggyu-seon—what?"

"Never mind."

"Ah!" She exclaimed brightly. "I remember that time now!"

[~]

She was walking across the street when someone patted her shoulder gently. Taeyeon shifted her gaze to the person who patted her shoulder.

He said, "Hey!"

Taeyeon was a bit shock, yet she tried to calm herself. She cleared and mumbled, "Sunggyu-seonsaengnim?"

"That 'seonsaengnim' again. It makes me sound like an old man. Do I look like one?" He crossed his arms as his small eyes met hers. A genuine smile was curved on his face.

She shook her head, "Ah~ah~ Ani, of course not."

He asked, "Are you just by yourself?"

"Yes, Seonsaengnim."

Sunggyu insisted, "Aigoo! Just call me Sunggyu. I will be mad at you if you will keep on calling me Seonsaengnim. Arasseo?"

"Choeseong hamnida. Seon~~Sir Sunggyu," Taeyeon stuttered with her words as she was dazed by the angelic appearance of the man who stood beside her.

He cut her words off, and corrected, "Sunggyu."

She tried not to stammer with her words. She did not want Sunggyu to notice her shyness. "Sunggyu-ssi." Taeyeon did her best not to show the redness throughout her face. Her soul almost jumped out her body.

He smiled, "Much better, Taeyeon-ssi." She swore that his smile made her heart flutter with exuberance. If Sunggyu was not standing beside her that moment, she would have swoon like a crazy fangirl whose face was red as a tomato.

Sunggyu looked at her nervous reaction carefully. He asked worriedly, "Kwaenchanayo?"

She was snapped out of her thoughts. Taeyeon nodded her head and responded, "Yes, I am perfectly fine, Sunggyu-ssi."

Sunggyu said, "You must be tired from work. You were the only one who served the foods. Aish! You applied as a barista not a waitress. Sorry if it turned out like that.."

"It is not your fault, Mr. Sunggyu. That is a part of my responsibilities as a staff of the café," she said.

He smiled, "The male customers must have liked you a lot. It is a surprise that our sales have increased."

"It is because everyone worked hard. It is not because of me, Seonsaengnim."

"Yeah. But your appearance is a bonus. Anyway, are you really going home alone? Oh, right. I remember that you were able to beat a thief. I have not treat you for that yet."

With her stammering voice, she said, "A~a~Ani~ I think you already did. You accepted me in the café."

"No, I did not do that because you helped my mom. Everyone agreed to hire you because of your skills."

"Not everyone does, Sir." She was hesitant to say it, but decided to spill it out, "Sir Woohyun does not want me."

He was a bit shocked. Sunggyu asked, "Woohyun? He was the first one who wanted you to be accepted. I wonder why he changed his mind."

She just coughed a bit.

"Oh, shall we go now?" Sunggyu asked.

Taeyeon said in bewilderment, "Huh?"

"I'll treat you somewhere."

"Ah...Uh."

Sunggyu held her hand. Taeyeon blushed in embarrassment, but she tried to hide it as much as possible from the man whose eyes were smiling to her.

The two of them walked towards a Pojangmacha. Her brows creased in bafflement. She did not expect Sunggyu to eat in a place where people of his class do not or rarely go to. She was quite shocked.

"You eat in Pojangmacha too?"

Sunggyu nodded his head, "Yeah, of course. Do you think that I do not eat in places like this?"

"Ah, that is not what I mean."

"You do not need to explain. I get it." He flashed a smile.

Taeyeon was mesmerized, once again by his angelic smile.

 

The two of them took a seat at the left corner of the Pojangmacha. Taeyeon felt awkward, but was rather astounded by the fact that there is an adorable man who stood in front of her eyes.

Her words sounded too shaky, but she tried to straighten her words out, "Sir, May I just ask~"

He quipped, "I am Sunggyu, not Sir."

"Oops~ Sorry, Sunggyu-ssi."

Sunggyu said, "Go ahead. What were you asking, by the way?"

She questioned candidly, "Why do you have different surnames? I mean you and Sir Woohyun."

"Ah~uh. That."

She bowed her head down, "I am sorry, Sir. If you do not~~"

"I have told you. I am Sunggyu," He cut her words off.

Taeyeon apologized shyly, "Ah~ Choeseong hamnida, Sir Sunggyu."

"Cut the formalities off. Please."

"But~"

"I never thought you are that stubborn." Sunggyu said in a witty manner. He smiled sheepishly.

"Choeseong~~" Taeyeon was not able to finish her words because Sunggyu put his right index finger on her lips.

He mumbled, "Stop apologizing."

She was blank. She felt that her knees were weakening because of the mixed tension and attraction that she has been feeling that moment.

Sunggyu explained briefly, "Oh~ Different surnames? Me and Woohyun are half brothers."

"Sorry for asking that, Sir."

Sunggyu heaved a sigh. He said, "Aigoo! Stop apologizing. I have told you to ditch off the formality, right?"

"Ah~uh. Sorry."

He grumbled, "Aigoo." Taeyeon touched the back of her head slightly.

The two of them stared at each other for a few moments. Soon, they both chuckled.

He asked, "Do you drink?"

"Drink? As in alcohol?"

"Yup." Sunggyu nodded his head.

"Uhm~ I do not actually drink alcohol, but I have once won on a drinking contest before."

He asked, "Jinjja?"

"Yeah~ The bystanders on our neighborhood were forcing my younger brother, so I have got no choice do take his place."

Sunggyu took a sip on the glass of water above the table, "You are really an invincible woman."

[~]

"That was one of the times I call you as 'Sunggyu-seonsaengnim'. Funny. Time really runs apace," she laughed. “Am I right Sunggyu-seonsaengnim?”

"Aish! Stop calling me that. It's painful in the ears," the man complained, quickening his pace.

"Sunggyu-seonsaengnim... Wow! I miss calling you that," Taeyeon teased. "Thank you for reminding me."

"Stop it."

"Sunggyu-seonsaegnim..."

"Stop it, please."

"Sunggyu-seonsaengnim, please wait for me. Sunggyu-seonsaengnim, please."

"Taeyeon-ssi, stop it please."

"Why is Kim Sunggyu-seonsaengnim angry?" Taeyeon childishly questioned, blocking his way. "Why? Did Kim Taeyeon say something that made seonsaengnim angry?" She gave him a light pinch on his cheeks.

"Hmm." Sunggyu pouted his lips like a three-year old kid. "Please stop calling me 'seonsaengnim', Taeyeon-ssi.”

"Okay, as you wish," she said, poking his left cheek with her slender left index finger. "Now, don't be angry. It ruins your handsome face."

"Han—handsome?"

"Wae? Why are you surprised? Didn't I tell you before that you are an angel?" She puckered her lips. "Of course, an angel must be handsome. You are an angel, so you are handsome."

"Really?"

"Of course, you are. Now, let's go grab some tteokboki now, Mr. Kim Sunggyu. Let us not make your growling stomach wait."

"Ahjumma, these tteokbokis are very delicious," complimented Sunggyu who was munching the rice cakes dipped in thick orange-colored sauce on the stick he was holding. He then turned his attention and said, taking another stick of rice cakes from a tray, "Taeyeon-ssi, say 'ah'."

It was quarter to twelve in the afternoon. The two decided to stop by a corner where they saw a cart of rice cakes.

His friend nodded, opened and ate a piece of the rice cakes on the stick. She complimented with a smile forming on her face, "He is right. Your rice cakes are very delicious." Seeing that her friend finished eating the rice cake in his mouth, she took a stick of rice cake from the tray on her left side and told him, "Sunggyu-ssi, say ‘ah’. Open your mouth."

“Ah,” he mumbled as he opened his mouth and ate the rice cake on the stick she was holding.

“I am glad to hear that you’ve liked the rice cakes I am making.” The ahjumma said as she continued mixing the rice cakes she was making in a big pan.

“Yes, Ahjumma. These are daebak.” Taeyeon stated, giving her a thumbs up. Sunggyu gestured her to open and she obediently did as what he said and ate the rice cake on the stick he was holding. "Massiseoyo?"

"Eung." He nodded. "Massisseoyo."

“Oh, youngsters these days are really affectionate with each other,” the ahjumma joked while mixing the rice cakes. “I have suddenly remembered how sweet my husband and I were when we're at the age like yours. You young couple are sweet as us."

Stopping from what their doing—feeding eating each other with rice cakes, Taeyeon shook her head and claimed, pointing him, "This fellow? No, he is just my friend. We are just friends."

Sunggyu nodded and echoed, "We are just friends, Ahjumma."

"Jinjja?" Unconvinced by their claim, she laughed. "How can I believe that you are friends seeing the way how you feed each other? Others who will see you will think the same as I do. Don't worry about it. I am already used to see sweet couples as I myself experienced the same."

"Ah, o—okay." The man sheepishly murmured, slowly parting away from his friend. 'How many times do we have to say that we're friends? Heol. Do we look like a couple? It's the fourth time we've been mistook as one. But we're just friends. Only friends.'

Trying not to be awkward with each other, they coolly ate another sticks of rice cake without uttering any word. For the fourth time of being falsely assumed as a couple, they could not do anything, but keep their lips pursed since no one seemed to believe them—not even the Ahjumma who was busy with the rice cakes she's cooking.

When they got into a bus, it was already twelve fifty-eight in the afternoon, two minutes away from one o' clock. Taeyeon leaned her head against the glass, quietly listening to the music playing in her earphones while her friend who was busy with his phone, sat beside her.

'The Hainan Project investors...Why are they rushing out things? There's only two months left before the construction process ends.'His face hardened upom seeing numerous electronic mails inundating his inbox, all stating the same or if not almost the same content—complaints about the Hainan Project which Nam Corporation started five months ago. 'If they could just wait for few months more. Kwangsoo-hyung must be in distress because of them. Uhh…I'll just contact them later. Aish... Life... Stresshaninsaeng...'

On the other hand, two women who were sitting on the opposite side where the Taeyeon and Sunggyu were sitting, lowly argued about the latter who one of the women claimed as someone she saw in the television before.

"I really think I saw him in the television before. Trust me, Jooyoung-eonni. He's very familiar. I think I saw him in a magazine too. He's in the cover," one of the women explained, pointing the man on the opposite side who was in fact, Kim Sunggyu, the executive director and future heir of the Nam Corporation who became visible in some magazines and even in TV—but not too much because he wanted to keep a low profile from the public scrutiny. "What was that magazine? Oh, it's Forbes! No, I think it's Time! Ah! I forgot where. I swear he's a powerful business man. I just don't know if he's from the Nam, Samyung or what.."

"Really? How can someone who appears in the cover of either Forbes or Time ride in a public transportation? If what you're saying is true, then who is he, Soojeong?" The woman named Jooyoung questioned, giving her friend a look. "You know that elite people only stick with elite things. They're not like us. We're commoners for Pete's sake."

"I think he is... Kim... Kim... Sung... Sungho? Ah no! It's Kim Subin? Kim Suhyun? Kim Sungjoo? Kim Sunggo? Kim Sangmu? Kim Sangyu? Kim Joonggyu? Aigoo! It's at the tip of tongue, but I just forgot it!" Soojeong answered frantically. "How come you're not familiar with the faces of the elite? Don't you check out magazines or newspapers?"

"Not really. But I check on newspapers." Her friend, who looked disinterested, answered. "Can't you see that the man is with his girlfriend right now? He might think of us as creepy stalkers if you keep on blabbering nonsense. I know that looking at his features from here, he's very good-looking. But not because of that fact, you'll say out of nowhere that he's a chaebol or something. He might just resemble the one you're talking about."

"Eh! I really think it's him. Don't you read novels? The rich guys disguise as a commoner to have a date with their lovers. The story is the same with the celebrities too—keeping a low profile to hide their relationships," the younger woman explained. "It's Kim Sungmo....No... Kim Sungmin? Kim Sungyun? Kim Sangkyu? Kim... Ay! Why don't we ask him ourselves? He looks like a good guy, so he might tell us his—" She was about to stand, but her friend immediately stopped her.

"No! Michyeosseo. Stop blabbering nonsense. You might creep him out, so shut up," hissed Jooyoung who prevented her friend from standing. "And can't you see that the bus is moving? Do you want your face laying flat on the floor?"

"But eonni!"

"No!"

"Eonni! I'll also ask for a photograph and autograph!"

"Geumanhae, Yoon Soojeong! Where's your sanity?"

"Eonni!"

Of course, the 'alleged' chaebol man—who was in fact a real chaebol—overheard their conversation while he's using his phone. 'Shoot! I was almost recognized there.' Since there's someone who almost recognized him, he squeezed himself near his friend.

Coincidentally, Taeyeon whose eyes were closed, moved and adjusted herself from her seat. At that moment, the man's face was dangerously close to hers. She removed the earphones covering her ears.

When she opened her eyes, she became surprised to see how his face was dangerously close with hers. 'Ugh. What's happening to him? Is there something wrong?' His face looked troubled, signaling that something's wrong with him.

Meeting her wondering gazes, the man murmured, "Sorry. Someone almost recognize me, so please hide me, okay?"

'Hmm, low profile act fails.' She nodded and leaned her head against the glass again. The woman mumbled, "Don't panic. Let us stick with the fact that you're Kim Gyu, an ordinary guy today you're with me, not any chaebol in a suit and tie." She opened her handbag and took a pair of eyeglasses and gave it to him.

"What should I do with these eyeglasses?"

"Apparently, it's for you, Kim Gyu to wear. Stick with the fact that you're not Kim Sunggyu today. You don't want anyone to catch you being with an ordinary woman who they might falsely claim as your girlfriend, right?" She sensibly answered. "A chaebol dating an ordinary woman—that will be a big feature in the tabloids in case. You know media people love sensationalizing baseless rumors for lucre and attention. Marring the image of the elite and famous has been their job, anyway."

"You're right with that," he agreed as he moved away from her and wore the eyeglasses. 'But if I'll be caught dating with you, I wouldn't care.'

"Just act cool and you'll not get caught. I'm here to cover up for you." She put back the earphones and tuned back into the music.

"Thank you."

After a minute of silence, Sunggyu tapped her shoulder. The woman removed the earphones on her ears and asked, "What is it, Gyu-ssi?"

"I would like to ask you a favor."

"Favor? Sure. As long as it's not very hard, I'm okay with it."

"Ummm. Can you... Can you call me..."

"Call you what?"

"Umm... Can you call me by one of my nicknames?"

"One of your nicknames?" She asked, giving him a wondering look.

He bobbed his head. "Yes. Do you remember what Kwon and Kwangsoo-ssi called me?"

"Do you mean the 'Gyuzizi' thingy?"

"Actually, yes. That's what I'm trying to tell," he shyly answered. "But if you do not want to, it's fine."

"Sure." Taeyeon agreed.

"Really?" He asked upon meeting her gazes. The man's face brightened up.

"Yes," she worded, giving him a nod. "But before I do, I'd like to ask something."

His face turned serious. He asked, "Something? What is it?"

"Who gave you that nickname? Is it your brother, friend, parents or... your first love or girlfriend, perhaps?" She had a plain curiosity on her face.

"Girlfriend?" He faced forward and coughed. "I have never had one and about... first love... that's a whole different story. I have told you about it before."

"Really? You never had one? Never? Yes, I remember it's not Gyuzizi, but hamster prince instead."

"Yes, that is true. Never," he answered in a serious tone. "I never had a girlfriend for real."

"Really? That's quite fascinating for someone like you," commented her. "But work is number one for you, so no wonder."

"It's actually my friend Dongwoo who gave me that nickname."

"Ah, the general manager of Elite Malls Corporation. Nice nickname."

"How about you? Have you ever been in a relationship before?"

"Nope, I never had been too," she candidly revealed. "If you remember too that we've indirectly talked about that before."

"Really? When? Where?"

"During the time we've watched a movie at your flat."

"Really?" He asked, tapping his chin with his fingers. 'When was it again?'

[~]

"They love as much as they want because it is what makes them happy.." She reiterated a part of his statement in a questioning tone before she monotonely expressed, "but.. it is also what hurts them most. Basically, those kinds of stories have a happy ending, but there is no such thing in the world. Happy ending? It is very idealistic. How can someone have a happy ending if he will only have a short-lived happiness and then he will experience never ending painful events in his life? Just like Cream and K who did not end up with a happy ending, but rather with a tragic one because they were not mean to be, and I think that's their fate.. very unfortunate fate."

Hearing those frank words from , Sunggyu saw how cynical her perspective with regards to love. He faced forward as his eyes watched the screen flashing the credits of the movie as he let out a sigh.

"Taeyeon-ssi." He lowly called out, breaking the silence between them.

She asked as she faced him, "What is it, Sunggyu-ssi?"

"Can I ask you another thing?" Sunggyu asked in a stuttering tone, obviously hesitant of speaking out what he wanted to say.

Taeyeon calmly nodded her head as she answered back, "Sure. Ask me anything."

"Have you ever.." The man stuttered nervously, looking straightly in her eyes.

"What?"

"Have you ever.." Sunggyu reiterated.

Taeyeon gave her a questioning look as she anticipated for what he was about to say. She asked the man once again, "What is it?"

He cleared his throat before he continued his question though there was an apparent hesitation seen in his eyes. "Taeyeon-ssi, have you ever fallen in love with someone?"

"Fall in love?" Taeyeon uttered, processing every word he said inside her brain.

"Yes, you have heard it right." He nodded his head before he repeated what he asked a while ago, "Have you ever fallen in love with someone?"

After a few minutes of silence, she cleared as if there was a lump formed which prevented her from answering his question.

Sunggyu took her silence as a 'no', so he said, holding the back of his neck awkwardly, "It is alright. You do not have to answer my question. I know it is kind of personal, anyway. I am sorry for asking such question."

"Falling in love.." She mumbled coldly before she continued, "Falling in love is the thing.. I have always wanted to avoid most."

Surprised with her answer, Sunggyu's eyes widened as he muttered, "Avoid? Why?"

"Because I think..." Taeyeon reasoned out monotonely, "That should not be a part of my priorities in life."

He looked deeply into the woman's eyes. All he could see was nothing but coldness.

She asked, patting his shoulder lightly, "Why are you looking at me like that? Why? Have you ever experienced falling in love? As a busy and workaholic man like you, I can see that your profession is your main priority in life and falling in love is out of your league. Well, not unless..."

"Yes, that is quite true...but.." Sunggyu replied back before he sadly revealed, "I think I have already experienced falling in love. I once mentioned to you that there is a special girl I like back when I was a child, but I do not know where she is right now, right? I might be too young for that back then, but I know how deep the feeling I had for her before."

"Ah, nae. You did... I remember it now."

"I never thought that I will have the same feeling for a woman ever again. At the present time, there is a woman who makes me feel complete. My day won't last without seeing her. Her presence makes me feel complete, and now.. I can say that I really like her... but it will be impossible for her to reciprocate my feelings for her because her heart is closed... closed with the possibility of liking me back."

"Really?" She asked in her calm tone as she gave him a halfhearted smile. "Those women are lucky that a great man like you, Kim Sunggyu likes them. I hope the girl you like in the present will like you back since you have gotten everything she would ever wished for. Do not worry about it. She will open up to you soon."

The man dejectedly said as he stole a glance of his friend, "I do not know. I guess that will be impossible to happen in reality."

"Who knows, right? Just believe. Achieving something takes tons of patience. I may not know many things about that so-called 'love', but I have once read in a book that in loving someone is thinking about 30% more of your dreams, so you have to treat that person as one of the biggest dreams you have in life, and do your utmost best in order to achieve her. Anyway, it is getting late now. I guess I have to go home now, Sunggyu-ssi. Thank you for the snack and dinner. Oh, also for the movie." Taeyeon said as she stood up from her seat before bowing down her head.

[~]

'Ah that! That moment...That awkward moment.' He sighed. "I remember it now."

"We're almost alike. Work is number one, so such trivial issue is being set aside."

'Alike? No, we are not. I love you, but you don't love me,' he scoffed in his thoughts. "But aren't you planning to have one in the near future? You know that life is too short."

"Who knows? Before, I said that I won't. Never ever. But now, I've realized I am not getting younger and I am at the right age. If it comes, it comes. If it does not, it does not. I'll just depend on that. Everything should not be forced, but undergo a process instead. As for now, family and work are my lovers." She let out a soft laughter.

Stunned with her answer, he smiled and nodded. "That made me realize what I want in life."

"What you want in life?"

"Yes, what I want in life," he repeated."The real things I want to achieve."

"What does a man in a suit trapped in one of the biggest company of the local and global market wants in life? After being the successor of the company, what's next? Buy more cars, expand your businesses, or marry a heiress of one of your affiliate companies?"

"You wouldn't believe me that I've never dreamt of this kind of life," he mumbled.

"Really? You never did? With that kind of life, is there something you could ask for?"

"No, Taeyeon-ssi. That's not it," Sunggyu muttered. "I have been an ordinary boy who only aspires simple things before the Nam came."

"What about it?"

"I only do the things I am doing right now because I do not want to disappoint everyone. From the ordinary employees who expect a rise in their wages for their families to the highest person of the company, my dad, I want them to see the best of me," he sadly murmured. "I do not want them to see the fragile and worthless Kim Sunggyu before who cannot do anything for them."

"Fragile? Worthless? Are you sure you are saying that to yourself? You're almost perfect, seriously," Taeyeon plainly stated. "You've got everything you could ask for."

"No, I don't," he disproved. "If I have everything, she wouldn't have left me that time and my brother wouldn't hate me now. I am a complete mess." His tone was stiff and cold, denoting his disappointment to himself.

He leaned his head on the other side and shut his eyes. 'If I got everything, I would have had you too.'

'She and Sir Woohyun?' Taeyeon leaned her head against the glass and put back the earphones on her ears. 'He really loves that girl so much although it's been years. I pity him. Uhh... and his brother... I wonder why they got a cold tension between them. I hope that they will be able to settle it.'

Trying to sound plain, she asked, "Then what is the life you have always dreamt of?"

He looked at her and admitted, "I want to live the normal way. I want to be with the person I love and I want to build a complete family with her. I want to bring back the good relationship with my brother and I want to be a good brother to him. Also, I don't mind not inheriting the company's CEO because I'd rather choose teaching students as a teacher. I want to live at the province like before. Living in the countryside is much better than bearing with the noisy and busy city."

"Is that so?"

"Yes, that is the life I have always dreamt of."

His words led her to a deeper comprehension of the real him, not as the man that people knew as one of the most successful bachelor of South Korea from the Nam Corporation. Indeed, he was an angel whose wings were marred by longing and sadness. That made her realize how harsh she was to him, for repetitively ignoring his existence and pushing him away. Nevertheless, she knew that she's doing herself a favor—herself who's afraid of doing the thing she had always wanted to avoid—the possibility of falling for someone she must not be with.

The clock's hands struck to one twenty when the two arrived in the café.

"Oh, it's you, Taeyeon-ssi. I thought you forgot our schedule today," Junho who opened the glass door for Taeyeon and Sunggyu, said.

"Annyeong, Junho-ssi. Sorry for the twenty minute delay." Taeyeon apologized as she bowed. She and Sunggyu both entered the café.

"No, no, no. Apology is unnecessary. It is fine. But you're with Sir Sunggyu. Where are my manners?" Her colleague stated. He bowed upon diverting his attention to the man with her and greeted, "Annyeong haseyo, Sir Sunggyu. It's pleasing to see you here."

"Annyeong haseyo, Junho-ssi," Sunggyu greeted back, bowing his head. "I'm pleased to meet you as well."

Entering the scene out of nowhere, the café's assistant manager, Mr. Bong Young-mok. He welcomed, "Annyeong haseyo, Sunggyu-ssi and Taeyeon-ssi. It looks like you both have fun."

"Ah, no. Mr. Bong, we just dropped by somewhere to grab something to eat," Sunggyu explained briefly. "And it was kind of traffic, so we weren't able to come on time. By the way, have you received the things that I asked my secretary to bring here?"

'Really, Kim Sunggyu? Or you just had a date? Hmm. Excuses. I can see the rings on your fingers, ehemmm. Your clothes have the same color. Her handbag is on your hold...Youngsters these days are no good excusers.' The old man eyed the two of them from head to toe. Still eyeing the two suspiciously, "Yes, we did. As a matter of fact, the rest who had just left the café were the ones who brought them at the manager's office."

"The rest left? Where did they go?" Taeyeon questioned.

"Dongjun, Baro and Kikwang headed to Yoseob's house to fix the ornaments we'll be using for the event. We've actually decided to make a wishing tree that will be placed outside the café during the event."

"Wi—wishing tree? That seems interesting," Sunggyu expressed.

"Yes, Sunggyu-ssi. It's just like a Christmas tree, but the customers will be given as mall white paper where they will write their greatest wish for Christmas. After that, they must put it inside a small heart-shaped bag," the assistant manager explained. "We did not spend a cent for the Christmas tree because we've just used our old one. The cost will only lie within the Christmas lights, few ornaments and the heart-shaped bags, but Dongjun-ssi already found a solution for those things."

Awed with the idea, Sunggyu asked, "Wow... Wishing tree. That's a simple yet very nice idea. Whose idea is that?"

"Sir, it's actually Kwon-ssi's. Anyway, We've received a call that he had an emergency at Suwon, but he'll be here by tomorrow morning," Junho stated. "Around seven, I guess."

"Ah, we're informed of that earlier this morning. Her aunt wanted him to cook for her foreign customers at her inn." Sunggyu said, nodding his head. "Am I right, Taeyeon-ssi?"

"Yes, we do. Sir Sunggyu is right."

"You know that already?" Junho wondered in confusion. 'How did they know that?'

'So it means they are really together since this early morning. Ehemm. I can smell something fishy here, huh.' Amused by the realization of this fact, Mr. Bong smiled wryly and questioned, "Really? Wait. How come the two of you are together?"

'Omo! Kim Sunggyu, you are very careless. Make up a reasonable reason NOW.' His narrow eyes widened, but he tried to look casual as ever. The man explained thriftily, "We just happened to pass by each other."

"Really?" Mr. Bong asked.

"Ah yeah. I wonder too how you knew about Kwon's situation at Suwon and how you are together," Junho mumbled innocently. “Did the three of you plan to meet?”

‘Explain. Be an explanation goddess, Kim Taeyeon,’ She nodded plainly and explained, “Actually, it’s not exactly that we have planned to meet. As what Sir Sunggyu said earlier, we happened to pass by each other. When I was walking at a certain corner at Nowon, I happened to see the two of them walking. Then—”

“You stopped by his apartment?” Mr. Bong speculated, trying to catch the bad excusers with the slip of their tongue. ‘Hmm. Let's see what you've got.'

“Yes, he did invite me, so I did. That’s when I discovered that Kwon’s residence is at the said place and the fact that Sir Sunggyu is his close friend. Anyway, do you remember that he did volunteer to lend me a hanbok, right? That’s why I stopped by his apartment. But since he could not find the hanbok he's supposed to lend me, Sunggyu-ssi volunteered to buy one for me. We had a little chat, but after a while, he received a call from his aunt… And that’s it. Then, that’s the time Kwon asked Sir Sunggyu and I to buy the goods for him and also when we bought a new hanbok for me,” the woman further explained.

Her inner self gave her a wink and thumbs for pulling off a decent explanation. Of course, she did not need to tell them that they had a breakfast together, that Sunggyu and her had to pretend as a couple to avail the discount of the two hanboks they bought, and that they had to pretend as a couple for the second to join the contest where they won a lot of prizes. At least, a part of what she said was true. It's just that she did not tell Junho and Mr. Bong all of the details. In other words, she did not lie to make up the most believable excuse in the world's existence, right?

"Really? Sir Sunggyu did? I guess the paper bags Mr. Lee Kwangsoo brought here had your hanbok, right? He told us not to see what's inside,"Junho said.

"Yes, Sir did," the woman thriftily answered.

Delighted of what his colleague said, Junho complimented the former café manager, "Wow! That's so kind of you, Sir Sunggyu."

"Kind? Not really, Junho-ssi. It's just a simple act for me," Sunggyu mumbled. 'If you just knew what we did before we were able to buy them.'

"But there are two paper bags if I'm not mistaken. If one is with hanbok, the other one is what?" The old man interrogated, raising an eyebrow. 'Don't tell me you bought couple hanboks... Alas! Let's see if you'll tell it yourself.'

"It's mine," It was Sunggyu's turn to speak up this time. "I wanted to buy a new one. Mr. Bong, if you could remember last night that I have informed you via phone that I would like to help you with the event. Kwon informed with of your theme, so I've decided to buy a hanbok for myself too."

"Oh, I get it now. Sir, you are planning to help us for the event on the 23rd." Junho stated then bowed his head. "That's too much. Thank you very much, Sir. But won't it conflict your schedule?"

"You are very welcome. Anything for the Hope Café. We've been together for years, right?" The man responded a smile on his face. "I was your former manager, so you've become my family too. It's not a conflict with my schedule since today is the start of my holiday leave. By the way, Kwon informed me too that he personally sent a hanbok for Yoseob-ssi to wear."

"And the groceries... You've really brought a lot. There's even a new griller, new set of kitchen equipment, boxes of grade A beef and so forth. Thank you, Sunggyu-ssi," cited the assistant manager as he bowed his head. "Don't they cost too much? You've really brought a lot for the event even without us telling you."

'Errr... those things? I.. I actually did not spend a money for those things. We got them for winning a couple contest. However, I should not tell them. Ugh. What should I say?' Ah! I've got an idea!' Sunggyu let out a soft cough and explained without blinking an eye, "No, I did not buy them. I got them from a raffle that I've joined when I was at Busan last week. I asked Kwangsoo-hyung to bring them here."

'Huhmm. I thought he'll tell them the truth. Thank goodness he's not bad with lying.'Taeyeon, pretending to believe what he said, did not show any sign that what Sunggyu said was not true. "That's true. When Kwon and I mentioned about the event, Sir Sunggyu immediately thought of giving them to us."

"Jeongmal?"Junho asked, surprised of what the former café manager said. "I never know that an executive director joins raffles too."

"Woah. That's surprising of you, Sunggyu-ssi. You do join raffles too, huh," the old man stated. 'Hmm. He looks sincere with what he revealed, but why do I feel something's off with the explanation? Scrap off the doubts, Young-mok.'

'Good. Good job, Kim Sunggyu.' Sunggyu nodded and smiled. "That was actually my first time to do so. When I took a one-day break from the Busan expansion project I had to settle, I stopped by a mall and I saw that there's a raffle where one could win many prizes. Since I've never tried joining a raffle or promo, I thought of doing so. Fortunately, I was the one who bagged the grand prizes. It was a fun experience, actually."

His words were realistically and beautifully spoken—that anyone might believe them without hesitation. But the only thing he concealed was the fact that they're not from a raffle, rather from a couple contest that he and Taeyeon joined. The good intention was there, but he decided to lie for good. That's better than having Taeyeon and his interaction with each other to be misinterpreted.

"Wow! You are very lucky, Sunggyu-ssi. Anyway, in behalf of the rest, I'd like to thank you for sharing us what you've won." Mr. Bong gratefully expressed. 'This young man never changes. He never fails to be generous. Kudos to him.'

'Actually, you should also be thankful to Taeyeon-ssi for her effort to win those prizes. But of course, I should not say that. I am very sorry for lying, Mr. Bong and Junho-ssi.' The young man halfheartedly smiled and answered, "You are very welcome. As what I have said, we've been together for years, so you've become my family."

Diverting the topic to the reality, Taeyeon asked, "By the way, where is Sir Woohyun? Has he arrived?" Her eyes wandered around the café.

"Yes, he did," the assistant manager responded. "In fact, he's at the garden. He's doing wood work now."

"Wood work?" Sunggyu wondered.

"Sir, it's actually for the booth he plans to set outside the café," Junho explained. "It's what he called as the registration booth. He insisted that we should not intervene in doing the work."

"Is that so? But perhaps, he needs some help now," Taeyeon mumbled with a trace of concern on her face.

Her colleague gave her a shrug and replied, "He told us he does not need help, but he mentioned that the only person who could help him is you, Taeyeon-ssi."

'Really, Woohyun-dongsaeng? Really?' Attacked by a pang of jealousy, Sunggyu let out a sigh. 'I know I should not be jealous, yet I cannot help myself. I should not be jealous. Kim Sunggyu, don't be jealous...Don't be jealous with your own brother.'

"If that is the case, I think I should help Sir Woohyun now. I'm afraid he won't be able to finish it alone," the female employee said.

"Alright, go ahead. He's waiting for you now," Mr. Bong said.

All of a sudden, Sunggyu stopped her from leaving by holding her hand. "But wait.."

The three were fazed and muted when the man spoke up out of the blue.

"What is it, Sir Sunggyu?" Taeyeon asked.

"Since I volunteered to help you guys for the event, can I help with the wood work too?"

'Oh, the man is doing his move now.' Mr. Bong who was amused with Sunggyu, had a smirk on his face. 'That is right. If you do not want to lag behind, do your part.'

"Are you sure with it, Sir Sunggyu? You know that wood work is a very tough task," Junho asked.

"Yes, I am. You know me very well, Junho-ssi. I like doing wood works whenever we had renovation before. Besides, Taeyeon-ssi is a woman and she must not do such thing."

"But I can handle myself, Gyuzi—I mean Sir Sunggyu." Taeyeon guaranteed. 'Oops. I almost said Gyuzizi. Hai! So embarrassing!"

'Gyuzizi? That's his nickname. Oh, so these two are taking everything to the next level huh.' The assistant manager chuckled softly. 'Ayieeee! Romance is in the air!'

"Gyuzi—what?" Junho wondered. 'Does she mean 'Gyuzizi'? Isn't that Sir Sunggyu's nickname?'

"No,"Sunggyu covered up for her. "What she meant was Sunggyu-ssi as what I've asked her to call me earlier. Anyway, shall we do the wood work now?"

Out of nowhere, a man's voice was heard and put them to silence, "Who shall do what?"

"Sir Woohyun," Taeyeon who was surprised of his appearance like a mushroom, mumbled as she bowed. The manager was wearing an employee's uniform.

"Oh, Taeyeon-ssi, I was waiting for you," Woohyun happily answered. When his eyes fall down the sight of her hand glued to someone's hand, his eyes widened. He looked up to see who the owner of the other hand was. 'Sh*t! What is he doing here?' It was his great older brother who he has not seen for weeks.

Sunggyu released her hand and politely greeted, "Annyeong haseyo, Woohyun. It's been awhile since we've seen each other."

'Bullsh*t.. Am I doomed or what? Am I really seeing my jerk brother? Someone give me a slap, please. Tell me this isn't real.' His face hardened when he questioned, "Yes, I know. So what brought you here, hyung?"

Seeing the cold tension between the brothers, Taeyeon decided to mediate by saying, "Sir Woohyun, your brother, Sir Sunggyu is here to help us with the event."

"Really?" He sounded sarcastic. "How come I was not informed about it?"

"About that, I apologize for not being able to tell you. Our conversation about it via phone took place last night, so I was not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter