CHAPTER 2 : HE'S HER TEACHER

SHE IS OUT OF LEAGUE

It was lunch hour, so they decide to meet at the rooftop.

“How’s your day so far?” Eunjung asked as she gently torn the M&M’s bag open and began munching. They sit with both back facing with each other.

“Bad.” Jiyeon replies. She chew, blew the bubble gum; make a ‘pop’ sound.

“Uh?” Eunjung fix her glasses. “Only in one word? That’s sounds worst to me. What’s up?”

“Do you remember you’d told me about your ‘perfect’ best friend?”

 “A-ha.” Eunjung nods. “Did you already meet with him?” But then she turns in a sudden make Jiyeon’s body stumble backward. “Geez, that little devil forgot our promise.” She mutters.

“Yah!” Jiyeon scream. She smacks Eunjung’s back. “At least give a warning.”

“Sorry.” Eunjung grinned. “So, how?” She asked, with a face full with excitement.

 “He’s hot.” Jiyeon rolls her eyes.

“Right? I know he’s gonna be your type.” Eunjung says, proud.

“Nope. He’s a jerk. He got looks, 10.  But he has no manners, minus 2.  Is he come from families that own a company like mine?”

Eunjung slowly shook her head. “No.”

“Minus 5. So his rank is only 3.” Jiyeon scrunch her nose. “He’s out of my league.”

“Tch.” Eunjung cross her arm. “All you care is about your perfect 10.” She sit back, lean her back against Jiyeon’s. “Aren’t you getting tired with all those ranking?”

“No.” Jiyeon replies without hesitate. “You should learn about this so that you will know who your perfect match is.”

“Have you already found yours?”

Jiyeon sigh. “Not yet. But I’m sure there’ll be one guy who’s 10, will come to me, riding his white horse and take me together with him.” She grins widely, cupping her faces. “This is just perfect.”

“Are you sure? What if the person that was destined to be with you was 5 or maybe -5?” Eunjung asked, fiddling with the bag of M&M’s in her hands. “Who knows? Sometimes life is wasn’t as beautiful as we imagine.”

“No.” Jiyeon shook her head. “I’ll show you that everyone was meant with the people with their own league.”

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZ5YEqHfTBb0K2oqP4Hrq

“Yeah. Suit yourself.” Eunjung says, nonchalantly. She popped two more M&Ms in .

Jiyeon turn over her shoulder. She lightly pushes Eunjung’s head. “Could you stop eating those things? Don’t you know that sweets will make you fat?” She snatches the M&Ms bag from Eunjung.

“Hey! That was mine.” Eunjung cries out as she struggles to get her M&Ms bag from Jiyeon.

Jiyeon stick her tongue out. “Now it’s mine.”

“Eunjung!” Manly voices stop them from fist fighting. Both of them look up at the direction of the voice.

“Look. Your princess charming is coming.” Jiyeon tilt up her head, point at the guy whose jog towards them. She popped M&Ms in .

 “Geez.” Eunjung roll her eyes. “He may not be perfect ten be he’s worth for a good friend.”

Jiyeon make face. “Take my advice. Leave him because he will bring you bad luck.” She whispers.

“Hey.” Eunjung exclaimed. “I bet you take too much sweet that’s why you are talking nonsense.”  She snatches the M&Ms bag from Jiyeon. “Yes, Sehun?” She flashed a wide smile to the guy who just reaches over them. “What brings you here?”

“Guess what?” Sehun asked, trying to catch his breath.

“Yeah. Why are you looking for Eunjung? Do you miss this cute creature?” Jiyeon pinch Eunjung’s cheek as she grinned foolishly.

“Hey! Stop it.” Eunjung smack her.

 Sehun burst into laughter. “It’s not like that.” He waves his palm, blushing. Then, he turns to Eunjung. “Jungie, do you remember that weird name that we read this morning?”

“Weird name?” Eunjung’s lip pursed, eyebrow arching. “Ah!” She snaps. “I do. Why?”

 “Looks like your wish to meet him, will be real.”  Sehun grinned. “He’s gonna be our one of our teacher.”

 “Really?” Eunjung asked. Her eyes were sparkling with hope. “Daebak!”

 “What’s with the weird teacher that you are talking about? Tell me, tell me.” Jiyeon exclaimed.

“He’s..”

Sehun was trying to answer Jiyeon when Eunjung grab his hand. “Come on, Sehun. We have to go now.” She says as she jogs off to the class.

“Hey, hey!” Jiyeon cries out. “What about me?”

“See you after class!” Eunjung shouts from far.

“Geez.” Jiyeon pouts. She lies on her back, looking at the blue sky. After a while, she’s in a deep slumber.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul.” Eunjung utters the name slowly. “Pfft…!” She covered , stifling her laughter. “What kind of name is that?” She mentally laughed. “I can’t wait to see what he looks alike.” Eunjung says, her face was full with excitement.

“Hey. Does it sound really funny to you? You didn’t stop laugh since you enter this class.” He lean his chin on his palm. His lip curved a smile as he enjoys his view.

“I’m sorry.” She holds her stomach. “I just wonder how he looks like. I bet he’s middle age, short, rotund, bald man peering out at the world through thick-rimmed round glasses..” She fixed her glass on her nose. “Don’t you feel excited to see him?”

“Well, a little. But not as excited as yours.” Sehun makes a face. “He should feel lucky because there’s a cute girl who really eager to meet with him.”

Eunjung chuckled. “You are so funny.” She smiled. “Remind me to ask him where’s on earth that he come from.” Then she burst into laughter again. Sehun shook his head as he lean his back at the chair.

“Why is he not coming yet?” Eunjung pout. “Does he forget his schedule?.”

 “He’s not late but it’s still early. Our class will start in another 10 minutes.”

“Ergh.” Eunjung lean her chin on the table. “Why I feel like I’ve been waiting for all day.”

 “It’s because you are over excited.” Sehun giggle. “Take a sleep first. I’ll wake you up once he’s here.”

“Okay.” Eunjung says with a cute voice. “Love you.” She smiled, as she buried her face on the table. Not a while, a light snore can be heard.

Sehun’s eyes roved over her face for a moment. “I love you too.” He says as he careless her hair.

15 minutes later,

“Eunjung, wake up.” Sehun slowly  hit her face.

“Ugh.” Eunjung moaned. “Don’t disturb me. Go play by yourself.” She wave motion her hand, ask him for leave.

“This sleepy head.” Sehun lean close to her ear and whispered. “Hey, Eunjung. Your most anticipated teacher, Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul is here.”

Eunjung’s eyes open in instant as a huge smile drew on her face. She lifts up her body. “Where’s he?” she asked, with sparkling eyes.

Sehun tilt up his head, point at the guy whose standing in front of their class. Eunjung turn her head to the front but her smile fade away in a few second. She quickly hides her face with her palm. “Give me your book.”

“What for?” Sehun asked, confused.

“Don’t ask. Hurry up!” She says, as she snatches the book from Sehun. She flips the pages and put it in front of her. Head low. ‘What he’s doing in here?’

“Sir, what’s your status? Married or single?” One of their classmates asked.

Nickhun smiled. “Well, for now I still a single man.” He chuckles. His answer makes the class in chaos.

“Hey. What’s wrong with you? I thought you were excited to see him.” He complained. “He’s completely far from your imagination..” Sehun lean both of his elbows at the table while cupping his face. “Look at how charming and handsome he is.”

“Geez.” Eunjung rolls her eyes. “Are you a gay?”

“No.” He chuckled. “I just act like them.” He mouth to the girls in their class.

Eunjung look over. Yes, the girls are fangirling over their teacher. She sigh. ‘This is not good. I should leave from here.’ She was lucky her seat was near the back door.

“So, is there any other question?” Nickhun asked, roaming over in the classroom. A smile didn’t fade from his face.

Eunjung was on her way to lift up her when Sehun rose up his hand and shouts. “Sir, Eunjung have a question!” He point to Eunjung.

In a sudden, the blood rushed up into Eunjung’s face. “Hey. Are you crazy?” She asked whisper. Her heart was beating like crazy.

“Yes? What do you want to know, erm.” Nickhun look at the back of the class. His eyebrows knit, looking at his student who’s hiding her face. “What’s her name again?”

“Eunjung. Her name is Ham Eunjung.” Sehun answers.

“H-hey.” She pinches Sehun’s thighs. “Stop it.”

“Auch.” Sehun grunted. “What’s wrong with you?” He exclaimed with low voice.

“Okay, Eunjung. You may ask now.” Nickhun paused. “But, can you drop the books down, so I can hear you better.”

Eunjung scratch her head. “It-it’s okay, sir. Just forget about it. I think I’ve already forget my question.” She says, bite her lower lips.

“Oh, really? Then, that was bad.”

“Sir, she actually wants to ask you where on earth you came from. Because she wonders, your name was a kind of weird, though.” Sehun says, with a smile plaster on his face. Eunjung’s eyes widen as the class was full with laughter.

She face palm. ‘Stupid Sehun! I should listen to Jiyeon. He really brings me bad luck. I don’t want to live in this world anymore.’ Eunjung buried her face on the table as she’s mentally crying. A rhythmic sound of someone tap their feet against a hard floor can be heard. The book that uses to be her protect shield was slowly lifting up. ‘I’m dead.’ She gasps.

“Eunjung-shi.” Nickhun voices out. His voice sends chills down Eunjung. She swears she might be faint for real.

Eunjung take a huge breath before she tilts her head up. “Y-yes sir.” She asked as their eyes met.

They were in that position for a few seconds before she runs her eyes away from his face, fixing her spectacles.

 “For your information, I came from the planet called Thailand.” Nickhun’s lip curves a foolish smile. “Is that answer satisfying you?”

Eunjung quickly nods, with her head down. Sehun covered his mouth, stifling his laughter.

“It’s good then.” Nickhun says, smiling. He turns around, walking back to the front of the class.

tumblr_m4i1xfCEr61rn7mw6o1_500_large.png

 Eunjung look at Sehun with a strong gaze. “You watch out.” she mutters.

Nickhun look at the back, watching those two bickers silently. A meaning smile drew on his face. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnitmbuJwI5knMMRqSLoh