Final

Collide

Ring… ring… ring… went your alarm clock. “Aish!” you grumbled and slammed your fist on that noisy machine, getting up and slouching on your bed, pondering which idiot invented this screwed up thing.

The dawn is breaking

A light shining through

You dragged yourself to the bathroom and got dressed ready for work. You’re just three months into your new job at a security firm. You had prowler duties, meaning that you had to patrol the premises of the building, every now and then.

You're barely waking

And I'm tangled up in you, yeah

You were walking at a leisurely pace to the building when you spotted someone following you. You turned around to confront the person but saw no one. You stopped and stared around for a while before continuing on your journey.

I'm open, you're closed

Where I follow, you'll go

You were starting to get annoyed by this strange presence or aura from someone’ eyes but you just couldn’t figure out that person’s identity. You had a plan and hurried up the flight of stairs to the building.

I worry I won't see your face

Light up again

“Ouch!” you heard someone from behind scream. You turned around and saw a man, in his early twenties, on all fours trying his best to recover from his fall. You went up to help him and found out that he’s your new co-worker at work.

Even the best fall down sometimes

Even the wrong words seem to rhyme

Lee Kikwang, your first love at middle school, or rather it was one-sided love… you had not seen him since then but yet he looked as cheerful and smiley as always. “Ah gomawo _____” he replied in one of his most sincere tones.

Out of the doubt that fills my mind

I somehow find you and I collide

“Ah you’re bleeding!” you squealed as you spotted a cut on his left palm. “It’s alright,” he answered and withdrew his hand. “You need first aid now!” you rushed your words and pulled him into the office building.

Do do do do do x4

You were careful when applying the medication but he still winced at the pain that he felt. He studied your face closely, watching each and every step you took to cover up the injury.

I'm quiet you know

You make a first impression

Kikwang leaned in and pecked your right cheek, “Gomawo,” he said softly. You felt flustered at that point in time and couldn’t get yourself together, “Erm… here’s the plaster,” you told him and rushed out of the office.

I've found I'm scared to know

I'm always on your mind

You and Kikwang were walking silently side by side, prowling around the building’s premises. This awkward silence is starting to kill you. “Kikwang-ssi… have you loved anyone before?”

Even the best fall down sometimes

Even the stars refuse to shine

You were horrified when he told you that he had dated your best friend in middle school. But deep within, you were boiling with anger and hatred towards your best friend for hiding it from you.

Out of the back you fall in time

I somehow find you and I collide

“But I have someone else in mind now…” Kikwang answered your thoughts. You felt even more heartbroken as you heard that from his mouth. You decided not to pursue this matter even further for it’ll break your heart even more.

Do do do do do x4

“_____-ssi! Wait up!” Kikwang called as he saw you rushing to pack your belongings as soon as your shift had ended. He hurried after you and grabbed your wrist and spun you around, “Let me go!” you cried.

Don't stop here

I lost my place

I'm close behind

“Mianhae… Jeongmal mianhae…” Kikwang repeated that a thousand times as he embraced you in his arms. “Sorry for not telling you about what happened in middle school but it’s over… that person I love now is…”

Even the best fall down sometimes

Even the wrong words seem to rhyme

You gulped as he whispered, “That person I love now is… you.” You were shocked as you heard that reply from his lips. A thousand questions were now popping up in your mind but he answered them all.

Out of the doubt that fills your mind

You finally find you and I collide

“Ever since your best friend and I broke up, I then realized that you were the one. The one whom always placed milk in my locker, the one whom shared your umbrella whenever it was raining, the one whom took care of me…”

You finally find you and I collide

Three months later, you and Kikwang were taking a break in the office when he held your hands and looked into your eyes, “_____-ssi… we need to break up…” and he broke down into sobs.

Do do do do do x2

You couldn’t process into your head whatever Kikwang was saying, “My appa… he found out about us… and he owns this company… and he decided to set me up for an arranged marriage… if I reject it… he’d send you overseas…”

You finally find you and I collide

You held back your tears and spoke to him softly, “Kikwang-ssi… if there’s ever any chance to meet you again in the next life… let’s come together as one once more…”