Chapter 10

My Gangster

Chapter 10

 

Jung Ah found a dress that she liked and bought it without any hesitation. I still didn't find a dress, instead, I bought myself a long sleeve shirt. I was just glad that we could finally leave the mall. I felt like we were there for over five hours. Ugh. I needed a dress still... I probably was going to just end up wearing a dress that I already had. Or maybe... I'll make my mom get me a dress so it's not so much work for me. Yes. That's what I'll do.

"I'll see you tomorrow at school." Jung Ah waved at me as she got off the bus.

"Byeeeeeee!" I waved to her like a freak. I just wanted to be playful since I probably killed her mood today from shopping. I was never the best person to take shopping. I should remind her that next time.

I was alone on the bus again and it was already dark out. I should have went home but instead of getting off at my stop, I decided to to get off randomly. I didn't know where I was, but I decided to walk around the area anyways. It was cold and I realized that I was still wearing my school uniform. Maybe I should have went home. There could be erts running around here. But what did I do? I kept walking anyway. It was a good thing I had my hat in my backpack and I remembered that I brought a pair of my jeans! Yes. I quickly went into a small ally and quickly changed out of my skirt and into my jeans. Don't worry, I slipped my pants on before pulling my skirt off.

I looked a little normal now that I didn't have my skirt on. I looked out of the ally to see if anyone was nearby before taking off my blazer and dress shirt so I could change into my shirt I had bought at the mall. Okay. Do I look normal now? I hope so. I walked past a small restuarant and found myself walking back. The smell coming from it was amazing. I looked in and saw that it was kind of busy, but I decided to go in and eat anyways. I walked in and was greeted by an older woman. She seated me and took my order. 

There were many older men and women here at the restaurant. A few stared at me. They probably weren't used to seeing a younging like me be alone here at a time like this. Most of them were drinking, so I ignored them. I took my phone out of my pocket and looked at all the messages that I had gotten from a few people, telling me they were excitedabout the party this weekend and how they had already gotten their dresses. Yay. I still didn't have a dress.

"Miss, take a drink with us!" I heard an older ahjusshi said to me. I looked over and saw that he was drinking with a few of his friends. They must have all just gotten off from work and had came here to drink. 

"No thank you. I'm underage." I said turning back, hoping they would stop bothering me.

"No, it's okay!" The ahjusshi slid to the side of my table. Great. "Come on. Just one shot."

"I'm allergic." I've never tried alcohol but if I did, I wouldn't want to spend it with some random ahjusshi that I had met a restaurant. I wanted my first drink to be memorable not regrettable.

"Oh come on. No one's allergic to alcohol." The ahjusshi kept urging me and I was getting fed up with it, but you already know what I was going to do, right? Yup. I sat there quietly. I was hoping he'd stop, but just as I was about to get up, he grabbed my hand and placed the cup into my hand. "Drink it."

I stood up and looked down at the glass filled with liquor, only to gag at the smell. I quickly made way out of the restaurant before I could even get my damn meal . I was pretty upset and irritated.

Before I was far out enough, I heard the same ahjusshi calling for me. I didn't turn around. I kept walking and tried to get farther away as possible, but when I heard his feet picking up, I realized that his friends were behind him. I started running with all my might, looking around to see where to turn, but I had forgotten that I wasn't familiar with this place. Damn it. This is why I didn't usually do things like this. I only went to places I was familiar with. 

And that reminded me, I should yell for help. But when I tried to, I felt the ahjusshi grasp my arm and pull me back. He threw me against the wall and shoved me hard. My head hit the wall so hard, I swear, I lost conscious for a split second. His face was near mine. He was breathing down my neck, staring at me like I was a piece of meat. His friends were right behind him and they were all laughing hysterically, as if this was funny. I wanted to punch and kick them all. Why did I have to be a girl? Why couldn't I be born with fighting skill instead of being smart with academics? Why?

"Trying to run away from us, huh? Miss, you should have just taken that shot." His breath reeked of alcohol. I didn't even realize his hands were on my arms, even my bad arm and I was about to cry. He was squeezing my arm so hard, as if I could get out of his grasp. Damn it. These people seriously need to stop grabbing my arms. I had enough with people touching me!

"Get off of me!" I screamed in his face. He only laughed and brought his body closer to mine. Oh crap! The first thing that popped up into my mind was Se Hun. I don't know why, but he was. I wish he was here. Was he watching over me like he told his grandpa would? I closed my eyes and felt the tears prickling down my cheeks. I'm done for. This guy is going to me because there's no way Se Hun could be here and because I don't know where the hell I am.

The ahjusshi removed one hand from my arm, too bad it was the good arm, and started to touch the side of my body. I flinched. The way he touched me made me feel disgusting. More tears came out from my eyes and I couldn't even find the words to tell this guy to stop. His friends who were behind him all stared, enjoying the show, as if it was the best thing they've ever seen. I tried to move, but I struggled. There was no way I was getting out of this. I never felt so weak in my life. I wish I would just pass out right there and then. I suddenly heard the guys behind the ahjusshi yelp in pain and then scream. I could hear kicks and punches being thrown. I don't know why, but I didn't open my eyes. I was too scared.

The hands flew off of me and my body fell down to the ground, only because I felt like I lost strength. I still didn't open my eyes. I left them closed and held my knees up to my body. I couldn't stand being touched anymore. Whoever was helping me was definitely someone I had to thank, but I didn't open my eyes to see who it was. I only heard the older men cry and yell because they were in pain. I even heard someone's bone crack. Wow. Thanks for saving my life, but breaking their bones? Okay. I should be thankful. Just shut up, Soo Jin.

"Did they hurt her?"

"Is she okay?"

"Sick bastards!"

"They're lucky we only broke one bone!"

There were footsteps coming closer to me. I flinched, feeling the person touch me, but the way they put their arms around me made me feel more reassured. They wrapped their arms around me, avoiding my wounded arm, and lifted me up to my feet. I must have lost a lot of energy because I could barely stand. The person holding onto me had to hold me up straight. I was so scared. My eyes were still closed but the person holding onto me pressed me closer to him and patted down my hair. Wait. What?

"You are an idiot." I don't know why, but those words were so comforting. It was Se Hun. I didn't even have to open my eyes to see that it was him. I started laughing, realizing that he was with me.

What gets me the most is the fact that even Lu Han, Chan Yeol, Baek Hyun, and Kai were all here standing before me. Are they stalking me?

"Why are you laughing?" Se Hun looked at me, his eyes wavering against the moon's light.

"She's laughing in a situation like this?" Kai scoffed.

"Who cares. Let's get out of here. I don't like this place." Baek Hyun said took off his hat and readjusting it.

"Are you okay? Did they touch you?" Se Hun asked looking down at my body. He saw that my shirt was lifted and he pulled it down angrily. "Those sick bastards!" He was about to go and kick them again, but I almost fell over. He held onto me and sighed. "Idiot. What am I going to do with you?"

 

 

Se Hun ended up giving me a piggyback ride back to the bus stop with his friends. The strength in my legs were so weak. Maybe it was because I was in shock, but I couldn't walk. Even the guys offered to carry me. It was weird how nice they were being. Come to think of it, they weren't ever really mean. I've never seen them beat up on anyone for no reason. I mean, Jong Kook could have been a little less violent, but overall, Jong Kook deserved a little beating for trying to hit me. A girl! Hmph! I don't even feel bad. I hope he ends up in jail in the future.

"What are you even doing out here in the middle of nowhere?" Se Hun asked, breaking the silence. "Weren't you scared? Shouldn't you have been home by now?"

"I just wanted to do something fun..." I said quietly. Fun turned out to be a nightmare.

"Don't go alone to place you aren't familiar with or else things like this might happen again." I felt Se Hun heave a sigh. It was weird how he was always there when something happened. I felt like a burden and I was really sorry for it.

The bus ride home seemed long... Maybe because we were an hour from where home was. I was able to walk again and when I walked back home, I found Se Hun and his friends walking me back. They were probably scared for me after what had happened. For once, it made me hate the fact that I was pretty. I seem to attract old erts.

Just as I was about to go inside, Se Hun grabbed my hand and put my phone into my hand. I looked up at him confused. "You must have dropped it earlier."

I pursed my lips. I didn't know if I should have said anything. Before I went inside, I nodded at them and then walked into my house. I took a shower and then cried a couple more times. Yes. I cried. Again.

 

 

Friday went by like nothing since I skipped out and so did Jung Ah. Saturday afternoon was hectic. My dad was running around, answering calls, getting ready, reminding people that the party was tonight. I was still in my room, looking at myself in the mirror. I should be getting ready, but I didn't even know what dress I was going to wear. But my mom barged into my room and handed me a box that was wrapped up in a small ribbon. She smiled at me, as if she knew what it was.

"Jung Ah said this was for you." My mom opened the box and revealed a dress. It was gorgeous, even probably better than Jung Ah's dress. "Wow. She... She bought this for you?"

I lifted up the dress and smiled. I was thankful to have a best friend like her. She always thought about me even if I was killing her mood that day. How did she do this without me knowing? I happily started to do my makeup and when I was done, I quicly curled my hair, braided the front of my hair and tied everything back into a small bun. I was always good at doing hair. At least I thought so. I changed my pajamas into my dress. I looked at my arm and saw that my arm was just about done being healed, but from the amount of people grabbing it, it was still bruised up pretty badly.

"You look beautiful." My dad was standing by my door with his suit on.

"Thanks Appa, you look handsome as well." I bowed like a princess.

"Are you ready? The car's ready to take us." I nodded my head and followed after my dad after glancing at myself once more.

 

 

The party was already filled with my father's friends and the students that went to our school. It was a weird feeling, seeing everyone here. A lot of the guys smiled at me and asked me to dance, but I rejected them. I made my way to the desserts and looked at what there was to eat. Where was Jung Ah? She wasn't even here yet when she should have been the first one to arrive. Just my luck. Choi Jae Hyun was making his way towards me and he had his nasty smile on his face.

"You look beautiful, Ahn Soo Jin." He said it like he meant it and it made me feel uncomfortable. Why couldn't he just say it in a mean way so things wouldn't be so awkward? Hah. Ironic, I know. "Looks like you're having fun here."

"I'm having the time of my life." I turned away and pretended to looking around my surroundings. Nothing. "What do you want?"

"What? I couldn't come and say hi?" I turned over to look at him. "And I wanted to remind you about that surprise that's supposed to be coming here. It's going to be the best thing ever."

"I'm so excited." I sarcastically said with enthusiasm and then frowned at him.

"Oh! Soo Jin!" Jung Ah made her way over. "You look beautiful in that dress!"

"Thanks Jung Ah. You're the best." I winked at her.

"I knew you'd like it." She laughed.

"I couldn't get an answer like that when I called you beautiful?" Jae Hyun scoffed.

I ignored him. "Did your parents come with you? I haven't seen them in awhile."

"They're here... Somewhere." Jung Ah pointed around.

"Oh, Soo Jin, your surprise is here." He pointed towards the door.

I turned my attention to the door. I wasn't the only one who did so. Everyone around the room, excluding the adults, had their eyes over there. We all couldn't believe our eyes. Jae Hyun's face fell, as if he was expecting to see something else.

Standing by the door was Se Hun, Chan Yeol, Lu Han, Baek Hyun, and Kai. They were all wearing suits, had their hair nicely gelled, showing their faces more clearer, and for once, they didn't look scary. They all looked handsome as ever. By the look of Jae Hyun's face, he looked like he was expecting them to show up in their leather jackets and beat up jeans. No, Se Hun and his group of friends were definitely the best looking ones at the party tonight and they sure showed everyone. Even I was shocked. I couldn't even move or say anything. Jung Ah had to hit my bad arm, to make me realize that I was staring at them like an idiot.

"Are those your friends?" I felt my dad touch my shoulders.

"Annyeonghasaeyo." Se Hun bowed towards my parents when he made his way over. "It's nice to see you again."

Chan Yeol, Lu Han, Baek Hyun, and Kai all bowed as well. Wow. This was probably the picture everyone wanted to see. It must have been the most awkward thing since this is the first time everyone has ever seen them like this.

"Enjoy yourselves at the party." My father nodded at them. "Take care of them well, Soo Jin."

We all awkwardly stood around the food area without saying anything for awhile. Chan Yeol and Kai helped themselves with the food while Lu Han and Baek Hyun grabbed their selves water to drink and looked at their surroundings. Se Hun stood beside me. I could feel his stare. He was staring at my bad arm. He surprised me when he took off his outer coat and threw it around my shoulders. A few girls nearby gasped. I don't know if it was because of his gesture or because it was Se Hun. Maybe both.

"You're not even comfortable in what you're in. Why did you come out like this?" Wow. Did this kid seriously know me that well? I didn't mention it, but yeah, I did feel a little uncomfortable, but I had nothing to cover myself up in. For goodness sake, my best friend bought me the dress. What makes you think I had anything else?

"Thanks." I muttered. I tried to be more sincere about it, but I was kind of nervous.

"Did you want to dance?" Jae Hyun turned to me when a slow song arrubtly came on. He held his hand out to me and since everyone was staring, I awkwardly grabbed it and he pulled me to the dancefloor. I handed Se Hun back his coat. When we were on the dance floor, Jae Hyun pulled me close and we swayed back and forth together to the beat. His arms were holding the small of myback while I wrapped my arms around his back. God, it hurt my bad arm. I was in pain.

"Why did you look disappointed when you saw them walk in?" I asked, trying to make this situation a little less awkward. "Were you hoping they'd come in looking the way they usually do?"

He scoffed. "I wasn't expecting anything." Liar.

"Really?" I leaned my head back and stared at him. "You shouldn't lie."

Jae Hyun rolled his eyes. "I've never seen them in suits. They don't even wear their school uniforms right."

I laughed. That was true. Se Hun and his friends always loosened their ties and their buttons were always loose. I never really looked at the detail but I could recall it just thinking about it.

"Why are you laughing?" Jae Hyun asked looking at me. "I've never seen you like this before."

"Eh, I don't know." I shrugged "It was just funny thinking about it."

"Don't forget out deal, Soo Jin. The deal is that he falls for you, not you fall for him." He eyed me.

"What makes you think I'm falling for him and not the other way around?" We stopped moving for a second.

"I never said he wasn't falling for you. I'm just saying." He smiled at me. Gross.

I was just about to say something to him but I felt someone throw their jacket over my shoulders and pull me away. Jae Hyun was left on the dancefloor alone even when the music was still playing. I finally looked up and saw Se Hun. He had one arm around my waist and he was taking me out to the terrace of the ballroom. It was just the two of us. It made me feel a little awkward and I'm sure he knew that because he smiled at me and rested his arms on the pedastal. 

"You didn't know I was coming here, huh?" Se Hun asked, breaking the silence between us. 

I scoffed. "No, I wasn't expecting you to be here."

"I wasn't expecting to come." He turned his face and stared at me.

"Then why'd you come?" I was confused.

"I wanted to see Choi Jae Hyun's face. I knew what he was expecting and so I gave it to him." Se Hun blew out a sigh and looked ahead of himself. "It kind of made my night better seeing that he was shocked to see us."

"Well, you shocked everyone here. When do we ever see you guys in suits?" I walked over to him and took a deep breath.

"Are you feeling better today?" His voice was serious.

He was talking about the other day. I was feeling better, but I wish it never happened.

"Thank you..." I said after a few minutes of silence.

"I didn't do anything." Se Hun said looking ahead of himself.

"If you didn't do anything, I would have been... Who knows..." I didn't want to say the word. "But how come you were there? Are you stalking me or what?"

Se Hun scoffed.

"Soo Jin! Your dad's looking for you!" Jung Ah came out to the terrace, breaking our silence.

"I guess we can continue this later." I smiled. "Here..." I took off his coat and he only shook his head at me.

"Wear it. What did I say about coming out feeling uncomfortable?" He waved me away and I did just sthat. I walked off and went back inside to where my father was.

 

 


 
**A/N:  This chapter was kind of weird, if I would say. Sorry if you aren't pleased -_-" I was trying really hard to make it a little intense. Hahah. I want to thank the new subscribers and for another upvoate!! keke <3 But hey, CONGRATS TO OUR BOYS FOR WINNING THE DAESANG AWARD <3 They deserved it, but I hope they won't let it get to their heads. Anyways... Please read and comment. I'd love to hear about your opinions, so please don't be a silent readerThank you and read with lots of love! Keke~! Muah!