The truth comes out…? [Show POV]

Falling for my Fake Girlfriend
Chapter written by Blitz - Show's P.O.V.
___________________________________________________________

Why did SHE get angry?! It was ME who all the newspapers and magazines were writing about! They wouldn’t care ONE bit about her, if I wasn’t her boyfriend… I wanted to hit something, or kick it, which was sad for my big teddy bear in the corner of my room. When I was little, I always boxed into its stomach, and it had also helped me when Jolin travelled to Europe.
I kicked had into it, but regretted it right after. The poor bear was innocent; I shouldn’t let it take all the blame. I was absolutely sure it had feelings.
I took the big teddy bear and sat down on my bed. I hugged it tight and let my tears flow into its soft fur.
“Frank, you are the only person who understands me… Or, ‘person’ is maybe well much said,” I said with blurred voice while I hided my head in its fur. Why did I name it Frank? When I was little, the teddy bear was bigger than me… its full name was Frankenstein.
Why was I actually upset by this? She was somehow right, in the start I only used her as an object – but I felt that I wasn’t at that state anymore. It made me so angry when she blamed me for ruining her life and not caring for her feelings. And then sad, because what if it was true? I didn’t want to hurt her or ruin her life. And I didn’t only care for her feelings, I cared for her every single movement and breathing. I realized it right in this moment.
I sniffled, and looked at Frank. His black button-eyes stared empty back at me.
“Frank, what would you do if you were me?” Now I must’ve gone out of my senses. I was talking to a teddy bear like I wanted it to answer back. Great.
“Show, sweetheart! Tea’s served!” my mom called. I looked in the mirror; my eyes were all red and teary.
“I’m not coming, not thirsty,” I yelled back.
Even though I was sad, my anger held me back from calling and apologizing. She shouldn’t win this fight.

Next day in school, I acted as if nothing had happened. Only my teddy bear should know about last afternoon, and I was sure that it would take the secret to its grave… or rubbish dump. Whatever.
“Hey, Sel! Come over here!” I yelled through the school’s cafeteria. Me, Aaron, Calvin, Alien and Chun were standing in the door opening, and Selina, Ella and Hebe had just sat down at a table.
“Why don’t you guys come over here?” she yelled back. A bit confused that I spoke to her like nothing had happened.
“We’re going to Mr. SPP’s room, you know,” Calvin yelled. The girls said a few words to each other, but then came over with their lunch boxes.
“Here,” I said, and gave another lunch box to Selina – I had bought it.
“No thanks, I have my own,” she said coldly.
“I just feel bad for never paying for your lunch,” I said, and smiled my pulse-stopping smile, which could even make the teachers blush deeply (only used at special occasions – like while saying “sorry, I’m late” or “I’m sorry I didn’t make my homework for today”). Selina kept looking at me in a hypnotized way when she took the lunch box. Even Hebe blushed a bit. Alien smirked; he knew the trick.
Everybody in the school was of course talking about what had stood in the magazines yesterday. Selina looked down at the ground every time someone mentioned it in front of her. I hoped she was ashamed of what she’d said yesterday, but she still looked obstinate.
We walked to Aaron’s private room and started eating lunch when we reached there. We locked the door, and Chun complained about that he didn’t buy enough food from the cafeteria.
“Chun, you food head, you’ll grow to be a monster if you keep eating like that!” Calvin exclaimed. Chun sniffled.
“Can you please stop calling me a food head? Don’t you know how it hurts my feelings?!”
I tried to suppress my laughter, and Ella patted Chun on the back.
“Don’t take it to heart, he’s just joking,” she said, and sent Calvin an evil gaze. Alien now had tears in his eyes from suppressed laughter.
Hebe and Selina tried to act like they didn’t mind, and Aaron was as always high lifted over that kind of trivial stuff. Someone knocked the door.
“Oh! It must be Gui Gui!” he said, and jumped up to open the door. His arrogant façade disappeared immediately.
Gui Gui came in, smiled around, and sat down between Hebe and Selina, who smiled back.
“How’re you doing, Gui?” Hebe asked, and took another mouthful food.
“Great, actually, we didn’t get much homework today!” Gui Gui answered, and started eating too. Aaron had sat down again.
“I have to go to the toilet,” I said, and walked out of the room, aching assured that my lunch would be gone when I came back.
I walked to the boy’s washroom, but when I sat in the stall, some persons came into the washroom while talking. I could hear what they were saying. One of the voices was that Jiro-guy’s voice.
“Jiro, what do you think about that Show-Selina thing? Didn’t you like her?” another voice said.
“I still really like her… I can’t believe that she likes that Show-guy, maybe he’s popular, but he doesn’t seem very nice at all, and he doesn’t treat her right,” Jiro answered.
“What will you do then?”
“Just wait and see, I have a plan,” he said.
When they had walked away, I finally could get out and get back to Aaron’s private room.
I was still in deep thoughts when I sat down around next to Selina (my food was of course gone). The conversation was now about the Truth or Dare game the other day.
“Hey Sel, you actually didn’t fulfill my last request! You know, when Aaron’s dad came in…” Hebe said.
“I still can’t believe that you’re his biological son!” Calvin said, and looked at Aaron with awe.
“Can it be that your mother had an affair or something? ‘Cause you are so different from your father.”
“Oh, my mom is like that too,” Aaron said. “It’s actually quite annoying sometimes.”
“Maybe you are adopted, and they just haven’t told you,” Calvin said, and looked like this was an explanation he could live with.
“You still have to fulfill the dare!” Ella said, and shared gazes with Hebe.
“Uhm… What was it right again?” Selina said hesitating, obviously nervous.
“Snog Show on the bed!” Calvin cheered.
“I won’t!” she said, and jumped up. What was I supposed to feel about this?
“Then it’s around the school only with a towel,” Chun said.
Selina bet her lower lip and looked down at the table. I could see tears take shape in her eyes.
“She doesn’t have to if she doesn’t want to!” I broke in. “We only played yesterday, not today, right?”
Everybody looked shocked at me. Even Selina turned her big, beautiful eyes towards me.
“What?” Calvin asked. “You should be the last to avoid this!”
“She obviously doesn’t want to, why make her?” I said provocative.
Selina looked confused at me, like she thought this was some kind of trick. Wasn’t I allowed to be nice for once?
“Well, you may have a point; we only played yesterday, not today,” Hebe said, who had gotten mercy on her friend.
“Oh… thanks…” Selina said, but still glanced wondering at me at regular intervals.
Calvin looked like someone had just cancelled Christmas Eve.
“Who said we all agreed on this?!” Alien asked.
“I did,” I said.
“But we didn’t!” Calvin said, with new hope.
“Let’s make it easier then; you just have to kiss him in front of us – it wouldn’t be first time,” Alien said, with a teasing undertone.
“Stop it already!” I said, now more than just provoked.
“No, it doesn’t matter,” Selina said, to everyone’s surprise. Hebe looked like she could drop her lower jaw.
She slowly turned towards me, still looking shy, but determined.
She learned closer and kissed me on the lips. There was completely silent; I closed my eyes, and laid my arms around her to drag her closer… which I did.
Then she pushed away, and Calvin clapped his hands.
“Dare completed,” Selina determined. I could still taste her lip gloss. Cherry.

After school, I walked Selina home.
“Why…” we suddenly said at the same time.
“You first,” I said.
“Why did you defend me? I thought you would only like to take use of the situation!” she said.
“Then why didn’t you have anything against kissing me?!” I asked, a bit angrier than I wanted.
“Because… Because…” She hesitated. “Because you obviously didn’t want me to kiss you!”
“Why is that a reason for kissing me?”
“To make me… win…”
“Oh, so you thought it was because of some kind of battle that I’ve been nice to you all day?” I now WAS angry.
“Yes – I mean no – I mean, we fought yesterday, so… Why do you even care about me?! I’m only acting as your girlfriend, and you even pay me!” She got tears from anger (or was it indignation?) in her eyes.
“Why I care about you? WHY I CARE ABOUT YOU?! Because I love…” I stopped myself in saying the words.
“You what?” she asked, in a whole new tone.
“Nothing,” I said.
“What do you love? A good reputation?”
“No.”
“Money?”
“No.
“To be the unattainable guy that no girl can make fall in love?”
“I’m not.”
“You obviously are!” she said, a bit frustrated.
“No, I’m not!”
“Why?” She now stopped walking. We were right in front of her house.
“Because you made me fall in love!” I shouted. She looked shocked at me.
“W-what?” she asked.
“You heard me.” I walked away, while she still stood baffled.

***
No comments on last chapter? Have we lost readers? Please comment!
Well, now Show has confessed… What will happen next?

- Blitz