020

" Okay "

The overcast sky remains . It was just showers earlier but when Jeongguk took a peak at the ominous weather outside , a flash of forked lightning lit the sky for a second and a great clap of thunder came close upon each other . He flinched at mother nature’s unintended threat . Jeongguk backed up and settle on the edge of the bed , contemplating whether he should meet Hanna for today so hopefully she wouldn’t make any appearances before Jihyun on any other days . He’s going to get rid of her from his life .

He sighed , every inch of him just refuses to meet his childhood best friend but the thoughtless promise that he had made with Hanna years back is threatening him mentally . Stupid . Hope you understand Hanna , i don’t like you like how I use to before . 

Jeongguk slipped into his favourite red pullover and pairing it with a grey sweatpants . Seems too simple and casual but if one is gifted with outstanding looks , whatever he puts on fits . He went down the stairs and as if Jihyun knows her que to another fight , she walked past the stairway and was put to halt at Jeongguk who had his casual wear out on rather than his pyjamas . 

“ Oh .. where are you going ? “ she asked as she took a sip from the steaming cup of tea . 

“ A-h I’m going to be oh-out for awhile . A friend . “ Jeongguk stammered and avoided the alluring orbs of hers . 

“ A friend … “ 

“ Is it Her ? The unknown number that texted you its her isn’t it ? Minah told me ab- “ Jihyun blurted out but Jeongguk came in and selfishly saved his arse . 

“ You read my text ?! “ he roared simultaenously with deafening thunder . 

“ I’m-I’m sorry , I didn’t mean to it was just .. I was curious about you . “ she took steps back as Jeongguk took steps down the stairs towards the frightened being . 

“ Why would you ? We spent the whole day together and you still don’t trust me ?! “ he taunted receiving timid flinches from Jihyun . Jihyun could feel Jeongguk’s sinister aura seeping in back into her life . 

“ I’m sorry , it’s just we barely know anything about each ot- “ her plead to slip away from his aura’s wrath was put to a halt when she was roughly pushed against the wall . 

“ We don’t ! We should ju-just , ugh ! “ Jeongguk punched the wall . Jihyun was stricken by him , her expression speaks fear . He let his gaze down and back away from the frail , frightened figure . Jeongguk sighed . 

Jihyun’s words that slipped past her lips thoughtlessly had made him felt sick with apprehension . He acted rashly out of his ego to cover up the truth that Minah had told her . He wished that he would forget about those words because now he had fallen for her . For Jihyun to learn that he had such past and promise with his childhood best friend , would obviously threaten their relationship . He do not want that to happen . 

“ We should just live like before . We can never be happy with one another . “ Jeongguk lied and stormed out of the house . She would never forgive you Jeon Jeongguk . 

 

 

“ Jeon Jeongguk ! “ the voice that made his stomach turn called . 

He looked up to see the familiar looking face but only she had grown a little taller and it seems like her rich background had got into her as she sport clearly expensive brands that attracts muggers if she were to go off alone that night . 

“ Hanna. “ a blunt riposte left his lips as he raised his hands slightly greeting her awkwardly . Hanna ran to him and dived in for a hug . This feels so wrong . 

“ Jeongguk , you still look good as ever . And this cheeks .. someone fed you well .. “ Hanna remarked intending to put up a tease regarding his arranged marriage . 

“ Yeah , she fed me well . “ 

“ Oh , Hanna . Is that your boyfriend ? “ A tall figure emerged from the shadows and stood by her . 

“ Maybe ? “ she joked . 

“ This is Sehun , he accompanied me while I was waiting for you . I thought you weren’t coming and he was about to send me ho- “ 

“ Why didn’t you just went with him ? “ Jeongguk slightly raised his voice out of frustration with effect of his rash act earlier at home . 

“ Woah , hold there . If you are jealous I ain’t going to do anything . “ Sehun defended . 

“ Aw .. is Jeongguk jealous ? “ Hanna chuckled .

“ Apparently , I’m mad . You ruined my night Ahn Hanna . “ he spat and Hanna’s expression turned sour with a hinted smirk . 

“ Sehun-sshi . I would love if you would sent he back at home . I’m not in a reunion mood . Thank You . “ Jeongguk said and walked out on them , leaving two figure alone in the deserted arrival hall . 

“ Yah ! Why are you so rude to your best friend ? “ 

“ Well , she probably came back just to take what’s hers that was never hers . It was a foolish promise . “ Jeongguk uttered leaving Sehun ponder on his blunt reply . Hanna only smirked . He knew , he remembered . 

“ If you intend to rob my relationship with her and take me with you , let me warn you . I’m not that dumb guy that follows you everywhere anymore . Leave the past behind . “ Jeongguk turned and taunted the eye sore and left .