Without You

Without You - Myungsoo

— Myungsoo’s POV — Present —

The dark sky welcomed him outside as I pulled on my jacket. Walking down the street I tried to clear my head. After our fight last night. I couldn’t sleep. Wondering around the small college town, I just looked around to be reminded of more memories of you. Placing my hands in the pockets of my jacket, I wondered around, thinking of what I could do to get you back. About all of the wonderful memories that we shared together, everything that we went through didn’t seem to matter now. I didn’t ever want to go another day without you.

The morning sun carefully peeked its light over the horizon as it smiled and began to shine brighter with every second. The heavy cold air turned into a fog as I continued to think of you.

My mind wondered to some of the fond memories that I had with you.

— Flashback —

The dark night covered the town as I carried you home in my arms. You had passed out at a friend’s party due to the lack of sleep that you had gotten the past couple weeks. Your arms hung around my neck as I leaned forward to keep you on my back. With your warm breath flowing over my neck all I could do was smile helplessly as your head rested against my shoulder. I walked you all the way home that night, finally getting to your parent’s house, I sat you on the rocking chair on the porch. Picking you up in my arms bridle style I was about to knock on the door when you wrapped your arms around my neck and mumbled for me to stay.

Sitting in the rocking chair, I held you against my chest as I wrapped you in my jacket to keep you warm. Falling asleep for just a few hours at a time, I could barely take my eyes off of your beautiful face. My fingers gently played with your hair as you peacefully slept in my arms. When the sun began to rise, the fog soon surrounded us as I looked down at you, my angel. Pushing the hair out of your face, you woke up slowly just to stay in my arms and share the beautiful sunrise with me.

— Present —

Kicking a rock with my feet, I kept an eye on it as my thoughts began to haunt me of you. Wondering what I ever did wrong, wondering if I could have done something different that you might be still with me. The horrible fight filled my memory as I bit my lip harshly just to keep the tears from rolling down my face.

After everything we went through, all of the times I held you in my arms until you stopped crying from your broken heart. I was always there for you. I wanted to be there for you as much as I could. But this time, I don’t think that you would let me in if I came and knocked on your door.

— Flashback —

Walking you home after one of our dates together, the clouds began to conspire their plan as the rumbled and moved together before crashing their lightning and letting their rain fall from within. I kept my hand in yours as little droplets fell on to us. Thinking on my feet I took my coat off and held it above your head. You tried to put it back on me but I insisted that you had it to keep yourself dry. With the rain still pouring, my clothes stuck to me as you covered my shoulders with the jacket. Your hair became wet and stuck to your face as I walked in front of you before moving the hairs that stuck to your face behind your ears.

That is when you looked into my eyes and I felt something far different than what other girls had shown me. Wrapping my arms around your waist, you gripped my drenched shirt as I pressed my cold lips on your warm ones. With the taste of the rain in the beautiful kiss is something that would never be forgotten.

— A Different Flashback —

You left school early that day, running home as fast as you could. I watched you and followed you as you cried in your room. Bending down I picked a Dandylion weed from your lawn. I was just in my school uniform when I knocked on your door. You yelled at me to go away. I persisted and walked to your window where I made a heart from my hands and knocked on your window. Rolling your eyes you headed to open the door for me as I presented you with the Dandylion weed. A bright smile came onto your face as you laughed as tears still ran down your cheeks. You wrapped you arms around me as you cried onto my shirt, I held you and brought you inside, sitting down on your bed you told me everything, spilling your heart to me as I was there to comfort you.

Once all of your tears were gone, you rested your head against my chest and listened to my heart. You said that it was the most beautiful sound in the world as I just smiled happily at you.

— Present —

I walked until I came to the college where you and I first met. Shuffling my feet against the dew filled grass I sat under a tree as the sun continued to rise. Students began to walk around to get to their morning classes, I played with blades of grass between my fingers as I gave myself doubts.  But then, just then you came into my view. With your beautiful hair that moved down your shoulders and blew in the slight morning breeze.

Scrambling to my feet, I ran to you. Taking the last chance that I hoped I would get. Once you heard the pounding of my heart through my feet you stopped and looked at me as I wrapped my arms tightly around you.

"Please, I’m sorry. I don’t know what I did but I will make it better, I will make it brighter. I’ll hold you even tighter I don’t want to live another day without you." I said as tears that I held in for so long began to race down my face.

"But we have too many differences, we talked about this last night." You tied to push me away as I just held onto you for as long as I could.

"I’ll do anything for you. Don’t you remember all of the good times that we had? When we walked under the stars and you wished on the shooting star. When I came over to your place after you had a bad day and gave you a lawn weed to make you smile. When I carried you home and stayed with you all night. When I brought you flowers on your birthday when you were all alone. When I helped you with your homework but ended up falling asleep. What about when we kissed in the rain? I wouldn’t give up those memories with you for anything in the world." I pulled away looking into your eyes as tears continued to roll down my cheeks. "Please I can’t live without you, ______."

I kept looking in your eyes when something changed. Fresh tears seemed to coat your eyes as you hand raised to my cheeks as you gently wiped away my tears. I closed my eyes to try and remember your touch in case you did leave me.

"Those were the best times in my life." You said quietly as your hands gently moved down to my neck as I felt your body get closer to mine. "It hurt me so much to fight with you last night." My arms wrapped around you as I held you tightly against me.

"Could we just start over?" I whispered in your ear.

"As long as we keep the good times between us and make more memories like those." You said back to me as I kissed your cheek thankfully, holding you in my arms for as long as I could before you waved to me, smiled at me and walked to your class.