i

finding ken

title: finding ken (i)

pairing: leo/ken

words : 524

; changed to third person view
Today was the day Leo started looking out for Ken. The student body and the teachers had heard about the rumor that the students were spreading around; that Ken had killed someone, and they were worried. As president of the student council, Leo had decided to find out the truth.

The hours in school were not a problem for him to follow Ken; after all, the person in mind sat in front of him, and barely paid attention in class, always on his phone. The teachers didn’t mind him at all; because Ken got straight As (like how does he do that?).

Ken doesn’t speak, Leo realized after one day. Girls approached him with a red face and a present or two in their hands; Ken sends them off with a bright smile and accepts the presents without a word. Guys invited him out to lunch or whatever, but Ken declined them all. This guy seemed really weird. During lunch, Ken was surrounded by tens and thousands of fangirls, but he didn’t seem to pay attention, only on his food.

After school and other activities, Ken went missing. Leo panicked until the vice president, Cha Hakyeon, told him that he probably went up on the rooftop, since that was where Ken spent his time. For a moment, he felt touched that he had a friend like Hakyeon, but of course Hakyeon had to ruin the momebt as he smiled slyly and asked him if he liked Ken. Groaning, Leo casually ignored him and started climbing the six flights of stairs up. Thankfully, he found Ken sitting on the ledge of the roof. Alarm bells immediately rang in his head, as the only reason why Ken would be sitting so close to the ledge would be-

“Hey!” Ken looked over his shoulder at Leo's voice. “Don’t jump please,” the president managed weakly and Ken smiled before patting the space beside him. Unsurely, Leo sat down right beside him. Ken’s long, slim fingers dangled that cigarette and in the other hand, his thumb played with the wheel of the lighter. Although it was fairly hot outside, Ken was still wearing that heavy black bomber jacket around him.

There was a comfortable silence as Ken took a drag on his cigarette and blew out the smoke. He did it so well and Leo wondered briefly how long Ken had been smoking. As if reading his thoughts, Ken smiled to himself and took another drag, blowing out another smoke ring in his face. The smell was strange, but it felt right anyways.

Ken hopped off the ledge and stubbed out the cigarette on his palm. As he opened the roof door that would lead him back to the school crowd, he smirked and remarked softly, “You’re pretty cute, but don’t follow me around anymore,”

Only after Ken left, Leo actually realized that he had left his lighter on the ledge. Quietly, he stuffed the lighter in his pants pocket. Today had a fairly slow progress, but Leo did believe that he would find out more about this mysterious boy.