Trust

Don't Ask If You Won't Listen

Jiyong and Youngbae had planned to play squash together at the squash court in the morning. After hours of playing, Youngbae got tired and fell down after he hit the ball for the last time.

“Aigoo. My baby. Tired already?” Jiyong asked lovingly, stretching his hands out to Youngbae.

Youngbae smiled and took his hand, standing up slowly.

“ Let’s go home, shall we?” Jiyong smiled.

Youngbae then nodded and both exited the court. They then sat outside the court and packed their things.

“Done?” Youngbae asked.

Jiyong nodded and both of them stood, wrapped their hands around each other’s waist.

While they walked past the other courts to exit the stadium, Youngbae saw his good friend. He let go of Jiyong’s waist and ran to open the door to enter the court.

“Hey, Seunghyun hyung!” Youngbae shouted when he opened the door and went to hug him.

“Hi, Youngbae!” the guy named, Seunghyun replied, hugging Youngbae.

Jiyong stood outside the court, looking at them with his eyes widened. 

Youngbae held onto his hand and started talking.

“Alright, I have to go now. Bye hyung!” Youngbae bid his goodbye and walked towards the door.

“Youngbae! Are you still using the same phone number?” Seunghyun hyung asked.

“Yeah.” Youngbae smiled.

“ Okay, I’ll call you later.” Seunghyun hyung smiled.

Youngbae nodded and waved before he exit the court.

When he finally stood out of the court, Jiyong spoke.

“ Such a close friend?” Jiyong asked bluntly.

Youngbae nodded, smiled and started walking.

Jiyong looked at the guy again before catching up with Youngbae.

--

When they’re at home, they decided to play the game ‘Jenga!’  .

The game that you have to take out one wooden block at a time and make sure that the whole thing doesn’t collapse when you take out one block.

“Youngbae! Come play with me.” Jiyong pouted.

Youngbae had been sitting on the couch, texting someone while smiling at his phone.

“Hold on, baby.” Youngbae said, still concentrating on his phone.

Jiyong then started playing all by himself, looking at Youngbae from time to time.

Youngbae’s phone suddenly rang. He quickly answered it and stood out from the couch, walking towards their bedroom. Jiyong just sat there quietly and looked at Youngbae, jealousy filling all over his body. He shifted one block slowly, while looking at Youngbae happily talking on the phone. Suddenly, the whole thing collapsed, bring his mind back to reality. He then starred at the blocks being scattered around the tabletop.

--  

At night, after their dinner together, Jiyong was driving back home. He looked over to look at Youngbae. Youngbae was still using his phone, replying messages while smiling at the phone.

“Whom are you talking to?” Jiyong asked angrily, while looking at Youngbae.

Youngbae turned to look at him, still smiling, but stopped when he saw Jiyong’s pissed off face. He slowly put down his phone and looked at Jiyong from time to time. Jiyong then got his attention back to the road.

--

The next day, they had to shoot for the new commercial for Squash.

When the director and the crews arrived, Jiyong was already at the stadium, but Youngbae was not there.

“Hello, director-nim. “ Jiyong greeted politely, while bowing.

“Hello, Jiyong-ssi.” The director greeted back. “ May I know where is Youngbae-ssi?” he asked again.

“He’ll be here soon, director-nim.” Jiyong smiled.

“Alright, I’ll go get the camera crew to get ready and all.” The director said and stepped away to prepare for the shooting.

Jiyong then called Youngbae.

R

R

R

“Sorry, the number you had called is currently unavailable. Please leave a message after the tone. “ The metallic voice said.

Jiyong immediately ended the phone call and sent a text to Youngbae.

--

From: Baby Dragon

Baby, odiga? Why aren’t you here yet? Director-nim is here! All the crews are waiting for you.

--

Just when the crews had finished done setting up the camera, Youngbae came running in.

“Mianhae! Mianhae!” Youngbae apologized, bowing to everyone.

“Youngbae-ssi, it’s okay. Let’s start filming now.” The director said.

Youngbae nodded and walked over to Jiyong.

“Hey, baby.” Youngbae smiled, but Jiyong had his poker face on.

“Let’s take some photos before we start filming for the commercial.” The director directed.

Both Jiyong and Youngbae nodded.

Jiyong still had his poker face on and Youngbae decided to pinch both of his cheeks and making it as a pose.

-snap!-

“Next pose!” The director shouted.

Youngbae then took a towel and pretended to wipe off Jiyong’s perspire.

Jiyong faked a smile and Youngbae was smiling widely.

Suddenly, Seunghyun called Youngbae’s phone. Youngbae went over and answered the call.

“Hello, hyung?” Youngbae smiled.

“I can’t, hyung. I’m in the middle of shooting. Maybe next time?” Youngbae asked.

Just when they were about to bid their goodbye, Jiyong took Youngbae’s phone.

“ No answering of phone calls in the midst of shooting, Mister.” Jiyong said seriously.

Youngbae then walked away quietly and they started shooting for the commercial.

Jiyong started the ball first. They played in sync that made every crew in the court cheered loudly for them.

Slowly, Jiyong vented his anger on the ball and used his full force to hit the ball.

The ball re-bounced back to Youngbae very quickly and hit Youngbae’s head, leaving a bruise on his forehead. Youngbae then sat on the floor and started caressing his own forehead, glaring at Jiyong.

At the same time, Jiyong glared at him and threw his racket on the floor before exiting the court.

Youngbae’s tear started to fall from his eyes. The crews all ran in to check on Youngbae.

After the shoot, Youngbae was driving when he decided to get his revenge. He increased the speed of the car and suddenly, stepped on the brake very hardly, causing Jiyong to lean forward and hit his head on the place where the air-bag was kept properly and leaving a bruise on his forehead too.

Jiyong touched his bruised forehead and glared at Youngbae angrily. He was damn angry and he immediately unbuckled his seatbelt and got off the car. He then slammed the door.

--

The next day, when Jiyong saw the headline on the newspaper, he went into their bedroom and threw the newspaper at Youngbae angrily.

“Dong Youngbae! What is this!” Jiyong shouted angrily.

Youngbae then slowly sat up and looked at the newspaper innocently.

“Dong Youngbae, who was currently dating Kwon Jiyong, got spotted hooking up with anonymous guy?”  

“ Going out with some other guy?!” Jiyong shouted angrily again.

“There’s nothing between us!” Youngbae yelled back.

“ Are you sure there’s nothing?!” Jiyong yelled again.

“ How many times do you want me to repeat? THERE’S NOTHING BETWEEN HIM AND ME! How many times do you want me to repeat that YOU are the only one?!” Youngbae yelled, feeling disappointed.

 “If so, why were these photos posted? You must be intimate.” Jiyong accused, pointing at the photos.

“I’ve told you many times! You are the only one! “ Youngbae yelled, feeling tired emotionally.

“ Are you sure!? If so, why are you seeing other guys outside?!” Jiyong scolded again.

Youngbae then kept quiet, tired of arguing.

Upon not hearing Youngbae’s reply, Jiyong walked away angrily.

Youngbae then lay back down, sobbing quietly.

--

That night, they were invited to an event.

When the event ended, each one of them was given a bundle of beautiful flowers. When they were about to leave the hall, the reporters came and surrounded them.

“How’s your love?” One of the reporters asked.

“Well…” Youngbae was about to answer, but got interrupted by Jiyong.

“Not good actually.” Jiyong replied. “ We’re having some sort of love triangle problems. He’s more handsome than me, cooler than me. I’ve got nothing to compete with.” Jiyong said, causing Youngbae to look at him.

“So, are you guys going to break up?” the same reporter asked.

“No, we’re not. We still love each other. We still trust each other.” Youngbae replied, fighting back the tears that were about to fall.

“If you want to cheat on me, don’t be so obvious. Got it!?” Jiyong scolded Youngbae.

“Is that true? Please tell us.” The same reporter said again, but many other reporters joined in, bombing questions at Youngbae, causing Jiyong to get annoyed.

At first, Youngbae faked a smile, but because the reporters were going above his limits, he threw the flower in his hands at Jiyong and ran away, crying.

The reporters continued to bomb questions at Jiyong. Jiyong then decided to run after Youngbae, but Youngbae was too fast.

He went around looking for him, but could not see him anywhere.

He then went to their car to check, but the car was empty.

Jiyong then leaned against the car, thinking where could Youngbae be.

Just then, he heard people giggling. He turned to see the man that he thought Youngbae was seeing, holding hands with another muscular man, walking towards a black car opposite his.

They stopped walking in front of the car and they both kissed.

“Daesunggie, you’ll drive for tonight.” Seunghyun said lovingly.

“Okay, baby. But make sure I’ll have you for tonight then.” Daesung replied seductively.

Seunghyun nodded and both walked to each side of the car.

--

Jiyong then finally realized that he wronged Youngbae.

“Oh ! What have I done?” Jiyong cursed himself.

He then continued running around the place to look for Youngbae.

He continued running down the road and saw someone sitting on the bench, crying.

He went closer and realized that it was Youngbae.

“How can I get back home when you suddenly ran away like that?” Jiyong said.

Youngbae then stood up and was about to walk away again when Jiyong started talking again.

“My messages on the lollipops’ wrappers…have you finished reading them all?” Jiyong asked.

Youngbae then remembered every lollipop he opened, there will be a short message for him.

I want to see your smile when you open these lollipops.’

“ You know it really hurts when you hit me with those flowers?” Jiyong asked. “I’m sorry!” Jiyong added.

I miss you. Call me please.’

‘ You miss me, huh?’

‘Promise me that we will trust each other.’

‘ Don’t forget to brush your teeth, baby!”

“<3”

Youngbae then stood there, wiping his tears.

Jiyong started walking towards him. When he was behind him, he stopped and turned Youngbae around. He cupped Youngbae’s face and wiped off his tears with his own thumb.

“I’m sorry.” Jiyong apologized and hugged Youngbae.

“You don’t trust me.” Youngbae said coldly.

“I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.” Jiyong said, caressing Youngbae’s head.

“You shouted at me.” Youngbae said again.

“I’m sorry. Baby, I’m sorry.” Said Jiyong, pulling away, leaning in to lay a kiss on Youngbae’s lips.

The innocent kiss slowly became a passionate one.

--

The next day, there was an interview for them.

The reporters had asked about their love relationship.

“ When we love someone, we need to learn how to trust each other. I told you there was nothing, didn’t I?” Youngbae asked.

“Yes. I love you and I’m sorry.” Jiyong said and wrapped his arm around Youngbae’s shoulders.

Youngbae just smiled at the camera, while Jiyong leaned in to kiss his cheek.