Her Eyes

Because It's You

Fixed marriage, Really? Is this how desperate her father is? She knew it in the first place, she know that this will come. This is how her life is---planned according to her father. She tossed the photo of a young man at the table. She doesn't even care how he looked like.

"Lets just do this.. after all I'm not entitled to refuse right?" Her secretary was shocked she never thought Moon Chae Won would give up this easily.

Little did she know? That woman, I am watching her from the distance. What should I do to tame her? A sweet smile printed on my face.

 

------------

 

"So, why did you call me?" She blurted out right at the moment she came. She didn't even bother to say Hi nor Hello, but I would be ecstatic if she did try to kiss me? I'm her husband after all.

"Really? JoongKisshi? Are you just going to stare at me the whole day?" She's annoyed.. her eyebrows wrinkled. She squinted her eyes, trying to read me.

"Will you please smile at least? You're pretty when you smile." I gave her the look that she never expected. Right away she switched her gaze to another direction trying to avoid mine.

"I just wanted to see you, is that a problem?" I continued while sipping my coffee, still looking at her. She let out the deepest sigh. For a moment, right at this moment.. I had the chance to look at her trying to understand, trying to read her, more than I know: This woman whom I married has something deep in her soul that I wanted to reach.

 

----------

The elevator door was about to close when a woman appeared in front of me from out of nowhere. "I'm sorry" she uttered. I didn't felt her sincerity, her mind seem out of her head..she looked worried. In an instant that the monitor flashes the floor number she stormed out of the way, running. "She must be in a hurry." I thought to myself. "and we're both late anyway." I smiled, I remember  her and I knew that it was her--my future wife.

"JoongKi-ah!" My mom waving at me, she looked happy while my dad is beside her. "You're late!" My dad blurted out, "Aren't you ashamed to your future in-law?" I ignored him because I'm busy looking at her direction.

That was the first time she met me, she didn't say anything. She was there sitting, stealing glances when she had the chance, studying me. I don't know what she thinks about me, her face the whole time was blanked. She's a mystery..

That was first time I met a woman who willingly to give up everything for her father, a woman who set aside her happiness, a woman who with a strong appearance and yet fragile inside. This woman in front of me: plain, simple, arrogant but with a lonely heart, A woman who has those beautiful eyes: the gate to her lonely heart that really attracts me.

 

---------

 

"I really have to go JoongKisshi. If you just keep on staring at me then I better go and finish those load of works I left at the office." Her words brought me back to reality, I can tell that she's feeling a little uncomfortable because I am looking at her..deeply.

"No, you'll stay here. And besides I'm the President of that company and.."

"And what?" Cutting my words, she really is impatient. Looking at her I continued "and I'm your husband who wanted you to go dinner with me tonight." She is shocked, her face blush at the same time. She did tried to hide it but too late because that expression of hers is already printed in my mind.

Before she attempt to run away from me, I took her hands and lead her to my car. Staring blank at me, trying to catch the right words she wanted to say..finally she asked: "Why did you agreed to marry me in the first place?" I find myself dumbfounded and I can't help but feel uneasy.

I started the engine, I turned to her and buckled her seatbelt, I stop right in front of her face, looking straight in her eyes, reading her emotions when she finally managed to let me in, she gave me the courage to answer her without thinking.. right away while looking straight in her eyes..I finally said:

 

"Because.. It is You Chaewon-ah."

 

----------

There you go! I finally managed to write it. This is my first time to write one so please bear with me. Sorry about my grammar, I don't know how to express and use the write words when it comes to writing. I hope you still like it. I would be grateful if you leave a comment. Thank  you!