01

crown prince

   

   " Taemin, I hate you, " 

I looked up at Jongin, my eyes lazily looked him over. My half-brother was very young--maybe nine years old then. Jongin was still a child, though he wasn't raised as one. He studied whenever he could and was pushed into never ending training sessions. The work was an overload for him. I saw it in his eyes, they were losing their playful shine. 

  " Why, this time? " 

  " I'm sick of doing all this work that was meant for you. " Jongin huffed and crossed his arms. 

  " I don't care, Jongin. I'm stuck dancing in dresses and learning useless dances." 

  " Stop whinning like a little girl. " 

  " Too late for you, on paper I am a girl and even younger than you. "

I was ten years old then. The concept of my new title hadn't actually clicked in my head yet. I thought nothing of the future and how all the lessons I had would actually become something. My lessons were filled with manners, languages, and dancing. Literally nothing compared to the weight on Jongin's shoulders-- the Crown Prince. 

 

 

I was fifteen when complications arose. The Queen reminded me that for a young woman I was of the age of monthly bleedings. As usual, I responded with little interest. The topic of my title sparked little to no interest to me, it was her to job to keep it together for me. It was that year when I in most cultures and kingdoms became a woman. A thirteen year old girl, a woman! It always made me chuckle. 

For me, that year, filled with endless preparations for my womanhood caused the light to fade from my eyes. Like Jongin, except much much later did the kingdom finally the playful spark from my eyes. Like many things, it started with my appearence. I was no longer allowed to cut my hair short, instead I was to grow it out longer like a girl's and tend to it whenever I could. The disguise of a female was enforced outside the castle as well as inside. Little freedom was allowed.

It was the simple things that slowly ruined me. Those stupid little rules, like no venturing off without a guard nearby, because to many people I was a girl, a fraile Princess. Whatever I spoke, my words had to match my pretty face, even the fake pitchy voice I had to master. Everything around me was so disgustingly fake, I was stunned when I realized this was only the very beginning. 

I felt like killing myself. I was no longer Lee Taemin, a bastard's son, the boy who was Crown Prince. Instead, I was Lee Taeyeon, the Crown Prince's pretty younger sister, the Princess. 

 

--

 

ayo. so this is gonna be a series of drabbles. it's gonna be fun i swear. um this is the kick off chapter, it'll get better and minho will show up and taemin will be more kick . 

[beautysleep]