Gestures

Touch

1. A Simple Pat on the Head

 

Kibum is a proud person by nature. The Almighty Diva Key title is not for show, and Key takes pride in knowing that he is confident and that people are intimidated by him because of that fact. 

 

When Key is exceptionally proud of himself, he feels like he’s on top of the world. There might be many contributions to his prideful attitude. Maybe he cooked something that was well-liked by the members, maybe he rapped his lines in a new song perfectly, and maybe, just maybe, he beat Taemin’s high score on a video game.

 

He will then have a perky smile on his face the whole day, and when he gets to the dorm at the end of it, he will tell SHINee’s leader about why he’s so happy. Jinki will then pat his head with a proud smile on his face, and Key’s grin gets even wider.

 

2. Holding Hands

 

Key doesn’t like to admit that he gets nervous, because who is he kidding? He is the Almighty Key, and the Almighty never get nervous. However, there are times right before an interview or a concert that he will be by himself in a corner backstage, whispering to himself comforting words of encouragement. He won’t notice the other presence or the footsteps behind him- until his hand is grabbed and someone entwines their fingers. He will turn around only to be met with a bright grin and chocolate-brown eyes, and he knows that he has someone standing beside him the whole way.

 

3. A Grab on the Shoulder

 

Anger hits everyone at some point in time, and Key is no exception. He’ll get mad when the members don’t pick up after themselves, he’ll get mad when the cordi-noonas dress him in something he doesn’t like, and he’ll get mad if they get his order wrong in a restaurant. 

 

Key tends to lash out at people when he is angry. It’s something he has yet to control, and it usually gets him in trouble with more than one person. There was a time when Kibum almost lurched forward to grab a man around the neck for saying something rude to Taemin, but he felt something stop him. It was a large, calloused hand on his shoulder. He narrowed his eyes at the offending appendage and turned to glare sharply at the person who dared to stop him. His own blazing eyes meet with cold, stern ones, and his shoulder is squeezed once more. Key’s fight dies down, and he takes a breath. His own anger is no match for his leader's.

 

4. Kiss on the Nose

 

When Key is feeling extremely playful, everyone knows it. Speakers will blast music throughout the whole dorm, and Key can be seen jumping around and dancing and singing along to the lyrics. He’ll have an unmade face, unkempt hair, and baggy pajamas on from the night before.

 

Key will prepare breakfast for all the members with a spring in his step and a smile in his voice. He’ll play jokes and mess around and be childish with Minho and Taemin. He acts like the kid that he never got the chance to be.

 

Key will be cleaning up the kitchen, spinning around and around, when Jinki grabs him abruptly. Key will look at him with sparkling eyes and the leader can’t help but lean down and place a quick peck to the younger’s nose, earning him a laugh and a kiss back.

 

5. Cuddle

 

Being the umma of SHINee is tiring, and sometimes Key can’t help but feel like he lives with three children and a husband. The cleaning and cooking and nagging all get to him and suddenly he just collapses.

 

When everyone is out on their schedules is Key’s favorite time to nap. There are no distractions, the chores are done, and he’s exhausted. His head lands on the couch pillow, and he’s usually out like a light. BUT- he feels like there’s something missing. He feels... cold... is that the right way to describe it? He’s not sure.

 

The door opens and Key listens as footsteps make their way into the living room. Jinki stands at the doorway, smiling down at the younger male. Key reaches out his arms, and the leader rolls his eyes but complies. They squeeze together on the small couch, the older boy’s arms wrapping themselves around the younger. Key sighs happily as warmth takes over his body and his eyelids droop. He tucks his head into Jinki’s neck and breathes in his safe scent. He could get used to this.

 

6. Kiss on the Forehead

 

Sadness is a common emotion in everyone. A bad score on a test, a scolding, a loved one dying- sadness is a complex emotion that hits everyone differently.

 

When his grandmother died, Kibum was sad. He was devastated beyond belief that the person closest to him wasn’t there anymore. He was numb, he was tired, and reality didn’t appeal to him right now. He knew the members were looking at him with mixed emotions in their eyes. He knew that they didn’t know what to do or what to say- but he didn’t want their words. He didn’t want their pity, their sympathy, anything. He just wanted his grandmother back.

 

A shadow stood over his figure, and Key raised his head. The tears that were falling down his face were wiped away, and a pair of lips pressed to his forehead. Key allowed himself to break, and he sobbed hopelessly. He clung to the person in front of him and through blurry eyes, he saw newly dyed blond hair and warm, chocolate-brown eyes.

 

7. Hug

 

Another one of Key’s weaknesses were thunderstorms. As childish and girly as it was, Kibum was deathly afraid of the storms that hit South Korea rarely- a reason he was able to keep his fear a secret. Only one person knew of this fear, and Key was standing right outside that person’s bedroom door.

 

Key looked behind him in fear one more time before opening the door quickly and quietly. He paced over to the bed and lifted the covers, immediately sliding under and clinging to the lump he called Jinki-hyung.

 

He could tell that he startled the older man, because Jinki snorted and sat up straight in bed, only to fall back down with a groan. Key smiled but then whimpered in the same instant when a booming noise echoed through the dorm.

 

Jinki sighed and turned to look at the smaller boy. “Thunderstorm, Key...?”

 

Kibum sniffled pathetically. “Please, Jinki-hyung?”

 

The leader sighed and to his side, throwing a strong arm around the younger. He pulled Key in close, nuzzling into his hair. “Not like I can say no when my yeobo asks like that...”

 

Key smiled and looped his arms around his leader, burying his face in Jinki’s neck.

 

8. Dancing

 

If there’s one thing Key loves most, it’s when he’s surprised. He doesn’t mean surprised in a surprise birthday party way, but small, kind gestures that he doesn’t expect from someone.

 

While he’s cleaning the dishes, the lights dim. Kibum hears soft music coming from the radio that’s on the counter and he turns, only to see his boyfriend smiling softly at him. Key raises an eyebrow and goes back to his task, only to yelp when he is spun around a moment later to meet with a grinning Jinki.

 

The leader takes Key’s hands in his own and wraps them around his neck, his own larger hands going around the younger’s waist. Key catches on and he smiles brightly, starting to sway in time with the music. When Jinki pulls him a bit closer, Key decides to have a little fun. He stands on the older boy’s feet, much like someone who doesn’t know how to dance and let’s their loved one lead them.

 

Jinki just gives a quiet chuckle and continues to sway them, perfectly content with listening to his smaller boyfriend’s childish laughter.

 

9. Kiss on the Lips

 

Kibum is not one to share love openly, and Jinki respects that. He doesn’t ask to hold hands or cuddle even inside the dorms because Kibum doesn’t like being watched by the members whenever they get a bit touchy-feely. While Jinki might respect his requests in that way, there are rules that he can’t help but break.

 

That is why, whenever they have a moment alone, Jinki will steal a sweet kiss from Kibum’s lips, muttering an “I love you,” when he pulls away.

 

Key will blush furiously and hit at his arm, but really, Jinki is the only one who can make him feel so weak, so helpless, and so in love with just three little words.

 

10. Singing

 

The one thing Kibum likes best about his boyfriend is his voice. That smooth honey voice that is always happy and is capable of bringing comfort to any of the SHINee members. Jinki’s voice is special- it touches Kibum in the deep recesses of his mind, of his heart, and makes him feel elated whenever he hears it. Jinki’s voice is a comfort to Kibum, because he feels safe and cared for whenever he can hear the older boy near by.

 

Kibum’s favorite thing to do at night is sleep in his boyfriends arms. He’ll be resting in Jinki’s bed, and the older boy will have his arms wrapped tightly around Key’s waist. Jinki will be muttering words of love and endearment in his ear, and by request, he’ll start to sing. Key will request lullabies and quiet ballads, and Jinki never complains or objects to the smaller boy’s wishes. Key will eventually be lulled to sleep by his boyfriend’s quiet, deep voice- missing the whispered, “I love you, Kibum...” as his eyes flutter shut. He is surrounded by his boyfriend’s voice and scent, and honestly, he doesn’t want to be anywhere else.

 

------

 

What did I just write? D: I'm sorry if it wasn't that good... I wanted it to be cute but I think I kinda failed... I hope you enjoyed it non the less! Don't be afraid to comment or leave opinions! Thanks, babies!! :3