Thank you Jongin

Sleeping Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWO

 

It had been a few days since his encounter with Hyemi, the patient in his dad's hospital. He found himself getting all excited when he was allowed to visit the hospital again that Friday. He hoped she was still there, remembering she was wearing a patient's uniform. He sighed at the possibility that the girl was discharged already.

The moment he reached the hospital, he made a quick run to the room he met Hyemi in. To his dissapointment, she wasn't there. He looked around the room for a couple of seconds just to ensure that the room was actually vacant. *Did she really leave..*  Jongin frowned, just when he thought he made a friend. A voice spoke from behind him. "Oh! Young master, what are you doing here?" the lady spoke.

Jongin knew it was just one of the many nurses in the hospital, the lady was holding onto a clipboard and a pen, eyeing at him. Jongin only shook his head, still taking in the fact that he won't see Hyemi again. The nurse raised a brow, realizing the young boy looked upset.  "Oh! Are you looking for your friend in this room? She's in the examinary room. ", the nurse said with a smile. A hint of relief could be found in the little boy's face and he dashed off towards the direction of the examinary room without giving the nurse a second look. He stopped in his tracks when he reached his desired destination, only he didn't know which room Hyemi was in. There were just too many examinary rooms in the hospital so Jongin had no choice but to peek into each one of them.

The first few rooms were empty, but after the 5th or 6th room he passed by, he noticed an old man in one of them. The elder was holding onto the railings of the bed, Jongin saw how the man was suffering as the man's arms were trembling, trying to support it's weight. The man was standing and by the looks of it, he was having a hard time supporting himself.

"Be careful!" Jongin cried as the elder yelped slightly. The elder turned to see tiny Jongin by the door and a chuckle came out from his mouth. "Well hello there young boy. Have you been there for long?" he asked. The man looked liked he could be 70. He had almost no hair left on his scalp and had a hunched back. Jongin nodded slowly but after a second or two made his way to help the elder to his bed.

"Thank you young boy." the man chuckled when he managed to get himself back onto his bed. He looked at Jongin with curious eyes. "What's your name small hero?" The man asked with his shaky and rought voice. Jongin blinked when the man addressed him as that. "uhm.. Jongin.. and I'm not a hero.." he said shyly probably because he hadn't really had a chance to talked to strangers before, aside from Hyemi. 

The old man furrowed his brows and a few crease lines were formed on his forehead as if he was in deep thought. "Jongin..." he repeated a few times before chuckling again. This man sure is strange, Jongin thought to himself. "Sure you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter