Insatiable

Bloodlust

A/N: FINE HERE since you guys have been so persistent on a sequel!! I'm writing a two-part one! Here's the first part! FEATURING YONG VAMPIRE AND MINHYUK AND Jungshin lols sorry jungshin ilu

Lee Jonghyun wasn’t joking when he told you he was patient. You weren’t surprised—with him indeed being part of the undead that walked freely among humans in the night. He was patient and persistent, only continuously pursuing what he so obviously wanted—you.

A month after the vexatious vampire’s return, after your encounter with him at the bar you worked at, he never really did leave you alone. Even after you forbade him from ever visiting you at the pub, Jonghyun was always there whenever you were on your way back home. “Just making sure you’re safe,” he’d say with that obnoxiously smug smile you’d grown to despise so much. Some days, he’d be quiet, following you like a shadow (you decided you liked those nights more). Most days, he’d be a complete chatterbox, just to try and get your attention.

Today is one of those days.

“God, how do you deal with all these drunk guys,” he rambles on as he strolls by your side. Jonghyun runs a hand through his hair—longer now compared to before—and keeps on blabbering. “I mean, I know you’re scary enough to keep them in place, but man, the way they go on and on and on about their miserable human lives, I—“

You heave out an annoyed shout and punch him in the chest, to which he simply looks at you and chuckles.

“That was cute,” Jonghyun snickers.

“Shut up,” you say, glaring at him as you point a finger to his face. “Don’t talk about my kind like that. Despite everything, they’re still better than the likes of you. And they actually have pulses.”

Jonghyun merely smirks and grabs your wrist. He leans in and says, “I used to have one too, you know.”

You groan and slap his hand away before walking forth; you decide you’ve had enough of his bouts of pursual. “Why can’t you just leave me alone,” you whisper, well aware that he’s gifted enough to hear you loud and clear.

He hops right up to your side and shakes his head. “You know I can’t do that.”

“If you want my blood so much, I don’t get why you can’t just take it,” you say, staring at the road and not even caring if he sank his teeth into your neck right then and there. You simply couldn’t stand any more of him. “You have the strength and the capabilities. So why?”

You are caught by surprise when Jonghyun abruptly lays a hand on your shoulder to stop you from going any farther. He tips your chin up with his thumb so you can look at his face—which looked genuinely upset.

“Do you honestly think I’m that kind of man?”

“No, because you’re not a man in the first place.”

He sighs and rolls his eyes. “I’m not going to feed on you by force. That’s your decision to make.”

You grunt at him and fold your arms. “And what makes you think that I’ll ever give you consent for that?”

“Because,” he says, that smile you hated so much steadily creeping into his pink lips. “You enjoy me.”

That makes you burst into laughter, but it doesn’t break his grinning demeanor. Suddenly, you’re up against a wall, similar to your situation only several weeks ago. Jonghyun is pushing your collar downward and running an icy finger down your neck. He kisses it softly and he murmurs into your ear, “One day, you’ll ask for it. One day, I’ll finally get a taste of what runs through your veins, what keeps you alive. And when that day comes, you will be mine.”

You groan and muster all the strength in you to give him a shove, then adjusting your shirt as you give him dagger eyes once more.

“I honestly doubt that,” you tell him, patting dust out of your jeans. “May I have a favor, though?”

“Anything,” he winks as he brushes the back of his hand to your hair.

“Could you just…not see me for a week? I seriously can’t stand you anymore,” you say, continuing to walk again. “Just a week, I swear. I need my space.”

Jonghyun feigns pain as he clutches at his chest. “You want a vacation? From me?!”

“Ugh, yes please.”

“One week?”

“One week,” you say firmly. “That’s all I’m asking for. Then you can do whatever you want to change my mind. If you could even change it.”

He cradles his chin in his fingers, as if lost in thought.

“I suppose a week vacationing in Japan wouldn’t hurt,” he sighs, before giving you a stern look. He almost seems like he’s glaring at you. “Just promise me you won’t get yourself into anything stupid. Or I’ll kill you myself.”

“Done.”

Jonghyun sighs again, running his hand down his face, like he couldn’t believe he was actually listening to you (in fact, you could hardly believe it yourself). “Done.”

 

***

 

To your pleasant surprise, Jonghyun did keep his word—no sign of him for five whole days (or nights, rather), and you realize you haven’t been this accommodating to customers since forever ago. You don’t know if it’s just you but everyone’d seemed nicer as well ever since Jonghyun’s departure, and everything had been perfect until…

“I’ve sold the bar to someone. I’m sorry, but I’m going to have to let go of you guys,” your boss, Lee Jungshin, announces after he gathers all the cooks, bartenders, and waiters together in front of the stage. The whole staff stirs abuzz and yells out angry protests at the young owner, but you remain quiet in your shock. So much for the perfect week.

“You couldn’t tell us this sooner?!”

“What the ?!”

“You can’t just leave us hanging like this!”

The entire room begins consisting of raging outbursts, with Jungshin failingly attempting to calm everyone down, until you ask, “When’s this going to take place?”

I can answer that.”

The unknown voice comes along with a bang erupting from the bar’s entrance, a large number of people clad in all black making their way towards the stage. They’d stormed in uninvited, but did it so effortlessly, gliding over the tiled floor with complete and utter grace. It didn’t take a genius to figure it out—they were all vampires.

The horde splits into two to make way for one to step forward; their leader, you assume. He looks exactly like one of them—pale, exquisite looks, with a similar smug smile that seemed way too familiar to you. For the briefest moment, he glances at you, piercing your eyes immediately. You aren’t sure if you’d imagined it, but you saw a small smile coming from his lips as well. You ignore the sight and give yourself a shake. There’s no way. Catching one vampire’s attention was unfortunate, but catching another’s was bad luck.

The head vampire raises his head with pride, clasps his hands together, and grins. You swear you can almost see his fangs.

“We’re taking the bar tonight,” he proclaims matter-of-factly with a low, husky voice, before walking right up to Jungshin and kissing both his cheeks. “Thanks to you, my good friend.”

Jungshin gives a nervous smile as he nods, visibly shaking from the encounter.

The leader then gives the staff a look and raises his hands. “Well? What’s everyone waiting for? Get out.”

Not wanting any conflict, they leave begrudgingly. You begin to walk with them until the vampire points at you and says, “Not you, darling. You stay.”

.

Not again.

You freeze, looking him in the eye.

“What’s your name, lovely girl?” he asks, taking slow steps toward you as he eyes you from head to toe—like a predator gazes at its soon-to-be dinner.

You shoot him a glare. One vampire had been enough to deal with; a horde of them was out of the damn question. “None of your ing business.”

The vampire laughs and addresses his comrades. “A challenge,” he tells them cheerfully. He winks at you and smiles. “I like.”

Just as your stomach starts to churn, Jungshin steps in between the two of you and shakes his head. “Yonghwa, you promised you wouldn’t touch any of my staff.”

That makes the whole horde quiet down. They glance at their leader, waiting for a reaction. He merely grins and folds his arms.

“Well,” says the one called Yonghwa, as he hungrily eyes you yet another time. “She technically isn’t part of your staff anymore, yes? She’ll be part of mine now.”

“Yong—“

Before Jungshin could say anything, you let out a scream when one of Yonghwa’s subordinates seizes him, clasping Jungshin’s wrists behind and pulling his head back so hard that you almost thought it’d snap. The vampire, tall and lean, with messy hair and small, beady eyes, hisses at Jungshin as he bares his fangs to his neck.

Yonghwa chuckles and shrugs out of his leather jacket, then adjusting his black wifebeater in place. He’d obviously been enjoying the whole scenario.

“Minhyuk’s hasn’t fed for days,” he says, exaggerating his tone and nodding to the both of them. “I think he wants to taste you, Jungshin. You wouldn’t mind, right? Just a taste. It won’t hurt. Much.”

Jungshin only whimpers as Minhyuk inches closer and closer to his throat; you couldn’t take any more of it. You had to do something.

DON’T HURT HIM!” you yell, staring pleadingly at Yonghwa. He raises an eyebrow and smiles.

“Why shouldn’t I, though? He’s being stubborn.”

“I’ll do it,” you say, which you know you’re going to regret later, but it could save somebody’s life. “I’ll continue working here. Be part of your staff, like you said.”

“You promise?”

You gulp down and clench your fists. You nod. “I promise.”

Yonghwa smiles and waves towards his subordinate. “Let the little human go, Minhyuk. We’ll find you better feed later.”

Glancing at Yonghwa, Minhyuk hesitantly lets go of his iron grasp on Jungshin, who jets out of the bar without saying anything more. Your jaw drops after him and you hear Yonghwa sigh as he slings an arm around your shoulders. You look back at Minhyuk, who takes a place back behind Yonghwa as he watches you with obvious suspicion.

“Coward, that guy,” he says in disapproval. “The things men would do for a reasonable amount of money.”

You feel his hand slowly caressing your arm. When you try to pull away, he tugs you back and holds you in place, turning you so you could face him. Yonghwa gazes at your throat, leaning in and whispering, “So, why don’t we talk about about your contract.”

His fangs have protruded by now, and shivers are erupting down your spine as you feel his teeth grazing on your flesh.

You attempt breaking away from his grip but he’s impossibly strong, like a vampire should be.

“This wasn’t part of the deal,” you growl, still fighting to let go. But Yonghwa grunts as he pushes you down one of the tables, ripping the cloth near your neck in the process. You hear the rest of the horde hissing at the sight of your flesh, but Yonghwa turns and glares every single one of them down.

He goes back to gazing at your skin and murmurs, “That’s why I’m about to tell you the details of our agreement.”

You don’t realize that you’re already sobbing in fear. Yonghwa’s hands are running through your thighs, climbing up to your stomach and lightly brushing over your s, before returning to your neck gently. He notices your tears and softens his starving expression.

“Aw, darling. Don’t you worry,” he murmurs, pressing his cheek onto yours while he whispers. “I’m not going to kill you. You’re much too fun for that.”

He moves to your neck and exposes his fangs. “And I bet you taste utterly delicious.”

You shut your eyes in anticipation for the bite, but instead of feeling a sharp nip on your skin, you notice Yonghwa is no longer on top of you. You sit up the table just in time to see him being violently slammed onto the wall of the stage. You open your mouth in shock to see who’d pulled the vampire off of you.

Jonghyun.

The horde immediately rushes to their leader’s aid, fiercely dragging Jonghyun off within seconds. Yonghwa recomposes himself quite quickly, patting his top down and smirking at the intruder. He folds his arms and gives Jonghyun a good, long look.

“Well, well,” he says lowly, tipping his chin up at the other vampire. “The prodigal son has finally returned. Hello there, brother.”

Wait.

Brother?

“Don’t call me that,” Jonghyun spits. Yonghwa shrugs and motions to have Jonghyun released.

Yonghwa looks over to you, before returning his gaze to Jonghyun. “Have you come to share my dinner?”

“No,” he answers threateningly, pointing a finger at the elder vampire. “I’ve come to take her away from you and your pathetic lot.” Jonghyun then inhales and pronounces the following sentence slowly, as if every word mattered everything.

“She is mine.”

The bumbling area hushes into total, utter silence. Yonghwa looks as if he is taken aback, and he glances back at you. “Is this true?”

You gawk at Jonghyun, who in turn gives you a pleading expression. Immediately, you waste no time to nod your head.

“Yes.”

You notice Yonghwa’s lips hardening in place before it once again breaks into an ecstatic smile, like nothing was ever wrong. He places his hands on his hips and gives both you and Jonghyun an approving nod.

“Then why didn’t you tell me you belonged to my dearest brother?!” Yonghwa exclaims at you dramatically. Jonghyun rolls his eyes as he rushes towards your side. You keep quiet when he examines you for any bruise or bitemark.

“You’re going to be okay,” Jonghyun murmurs, giving you a reassuring look and squeezing your forearms.

You just nod briskly.

Jonghyun pulls you off the table and tugs at your hand. “Come on. Let’s g—“

“And where,” Yonghwa begins, his stare remaining on the both of you. “…do you think you’re going to take her? She made a promise to me.”

You look up at Jonghyun and see his eyes widening in anxiety. Yonghwa’s lips curl into a smirk as he proceeds to nod.

“Yes, brother,” he says, “Your little pet agreed to work for me in this bar in exchange for the life of her former employer.”

Jonghyun glares at Yonghwa. “She isn’t obligated to be bound to anything you’ve said.”

“But she made a promise. And you know how we vampires take promises seriously,” Yonghwa retaliates, “Lest something would happen—“

“Nothing is going to happen to her,” Jonghyun growls, hunching his shoulders in a predatory manner. You place a hand on his back.

“I did make a promise,” you say, “And I won’t go back on it.”

“Finally, someone with sense,” Yonghwa perks. Jonghyun growls at him again, effectively shutting Yonghwa up, his hands up in the air to feign innocence.

You squeeze Jonghyun’s arm so he could look at you. He watches you for a while, worry in his gaze, before exhaling in defeat. Then, he shoots his glare back at Yonghwa, an edge to his tone that you’ve never heard before.

“You will not touch her while she works. You will not harm her,” Jonghyun mutters threateningly. “And you will allow no form of harm to come to her.”

Yonghwa places a hand to his chest, his mouth open in offense. “Brother, you insult me. Why in the world would I hurt something that belongs to my own blood?” 

“She’s not a thing.”

“Person, girl, whatever.”

“Respect her,” says Jonghyun with acid in his voice. There was a rasp in his tone now, completely unlike his smooth, honey-coated vocals.

“Of course,” Yonghwa answers, smiling at you. “You shall be well-taken care of in my new establishment.”

Jonghyun stares at Yonghwa long and hard before he takes your hand and begins pulling you towards the exit. “We’ll be on our way now. She’ll start when she’s ready.”

“I shall anticipate your return. The both of you.”

When you and Jonghyun are just about to step outside the doorway, Jonghyun pauses and turns his head back at Yonghwa.

“If anything, anything at all happens to her,” he begins. Jonghyun slowly looks up at the vampire standing on the opposite side of the hall. You can’t see his eyes but you can hear the danger in his voice. “I will ruin you. Every miserable existing part of you, I will destroy.”

Yonghwa bursts into a light chuckle. “You had your chance long ago, brother.”

“I should’ve taken it.”

Jonghyun shut the door behind him. He pulls you farther into the night. Farther into the darkness.

You are too shocked to even begin to speak, too afraid to get arise out of this new frightening side of Jonghyun. He remains silent as he tugs you along the half-empty streets. You begin to notice something. He isn’t walking you to your home. He’s walking you to another direction.

To his home.

You don’t protest.

After tonight, you don’t exactly want to stay alone in your apartment.

Finally, you arrive at Jonghyun’s place—a small, humble house on the farthest corner of a secluded, quiet village. He pushes you gently into the door first before he walks in himself. He closes it and leans against the wood, head resting.

Jonghyun closes his eyes for a short moment, then he opens them.

“I believe,” he starts. “We have some things to discuss.”

 

 

To be continued. 

Support this on Tumblr too by reblogging!! :) hihi

http://aquafire.tumblr.com/post/90951171130/insatiable