Six

Snow Flakes in the Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyoung's POV

The first thing I notice about the dorms of Jae Guk Uni is how old the wooden floors are and how almost every room has them.

Contrary to how most people believe, I’m really not an observant person. I might be silent, yes, sometimes dreadfully so, but the main reason for all of it really is because of the one beast I don’t think I’ll able to be able to tackle down ever. It eats at my insides and gives me no choice but to shrink. Appear smaller than the smallest speck of dust as it lights my body on fire.

Starting from the top.

It’s how I feel now, as I walk behind my brother through the narrow corridors of the dorms. Everyone seems to already be friends with him, judging from the fact that almost every single person who’s passed us has either patted him on the back or waved in acknowledgement and all my brother does is grin back.

I shouldn’t be surprised that he’s already a bit popular in this school, it’s always like that with Jungkook after all. He’s also labeled within the family is the ‘golden maknae’ even though, really, I’m the youngest.

It’s not like I mind. It is pretty hard to not like someone as easy-going as my brother. He’s pretty much the complete opposite of me.

“Are you sure you’re alright?” He asks me for the umpteenth time, nodding towards the box I’m carrying in my arms.

I groan and almost roll my eyes. At these times, I seriously wish Jin Oppa didn’t get a call from a professor from his school, informing him of some urgent matter and resulting his early absence. Even though he’s the eldest, Jungkook is the one who constantly worries and frets more. Jin Oppa can be pretty bad at times, but it’s nothing to what Jungkook does sometimes.

“I’m fine, Oppa.” I insist, sighing as I adjust the box in my arms. “This box is as light as a feather. Infact, I should be the one asking you if you’re okay.”

I gesture towards the huge box he carries, loaded with the heavier things I owned.

“Me? Pfft, I’m perfectly fine.” He flashes me a strained smile and it’s all I can do but keep from laughing.

When the last box of my things have been fully unloaded and transferred to my assigned dorm room, I let out a long sigh and plop down unto Jungkook’s bed to stretch my legs. It’s not much of a room really, with its old, dirty white walls with its paint screaming to be picked off and its o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter