I miss you

What if I told you...?

"I want to go!"

Taemin saw Minho approaching me and he stepped in front of me.

"Get out of my way"

"You've hurt her enough."

"Mind your own business, Lee Taemin."

"We're going"

Taemin held my arm and ran away with me, Minho didn't chase after us, and I was still crying. We stopped in the park we had met before and then he stood in front of me, he hugged me and told me not to cry for him that he was always going to be there with me but my heart was breaking and I couldn't help it.

"Want to stay in my house?"

"Huh?" I wiped my tears.

"Yeah, so you don't have to be there with him."

"But you're a guy and I'm a girl, I doubt your mom will let me."

"She's out on a business trip and my dad is doing his military service so I'm all by myself."

"But how am I going to get my stuff from my house?"

"We can go get them at night, just send Minho a message that you're gonna sleep over at Amber's house."

"Ok, thanks Taemin."

We went to the movies and then we walked back to my house, I got inside and saw Minho doing his homework in the living room.

"Are you back, Shinyeong?"

"Yeah."

I walked to my room and took a bag, I started packing my stuff and then I heard Minho knocking on my door, I opened it.

"Are you going somewhere?"

"Amber told me I could sleep over at her house for a week."

"Amber?"

"Yeah."

"You can't."

"Why not?"

"I don't believe you're going with Amber."

I had changed Taemin's ID to Amber and then he sent me the message saying that I could sleep over at his place, I showed the message to Minho.

"Hmmm, ok. Did you tell your mom?"

"I'll call her later."

"Call her now, I don't want you to lie to me."

"Fine." 

"Hi sweetie, how are things going?"

"Hi mom, everything's ok. I just called to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"Can I sleep at a friend's house?"

"What friend?"

"Her name is Amber, she's a new friend I met at school, she's Minho's friend."

"Mmmm, alright. Just tell Minho to lock the doors properly. Take care honey."

"Thanks mom, I will."

"I have to go, I'll call you next week alright?"

"Okay mom, I miss you."

"I miss you too, love you."

"I love you."

I didn't want to lie to my mother so I told Taemin I would only stay with him for 1 night and I would stay with Amber for the rest of the week. I walked to Taemin's house and I knocked on his door but when he opened it Minho pulled me back and forced me to walk away from Taemin's doorstep.

"What is wrong with you?"

"I was just going to stay tonight...I was going to go to Amber's house tomorrow."

"Don't you dare lie to me!"

"I'm not lying."

"Why did you want to stay out?"

"I just didn't feel like staying there."

"I told you not to lie."

"I just didn't want to..."

"If you're not going to tell me then I will ignore you until you tell me."

I stopped and he loosened the grip he had on my arm, he knew that was the thing I couldn't stand.

"If you don't want that, tell me."

I remained silent and stood still, I couldn't tell him it was because of my feelings for him because that would mean the end of our relationship which we had ever since we were young,

"If that's the case then have fun going back on your own."

He let go of me and walked away, I thought that at some point he would turn around and apologize but he didn't, he was serious about it. Luckily, Taemin had rushed to where I was.

"What happened?"

"He got mad at me."

"How could he just leave you alone in the middle of the night?"

"It doesn't matter, I'll just go home before he tells my mother about it."

Let me take you home, after all, it's my fault."

We walked together and before I got in he hugged me, I just smiled and walked inside but Minho was nowhere to be seen so I just went to my bedroom and changed my clothes so I could go to sleep. The next day I woke up early and got ready for school, I went downstairs and saw Minho eating breakfast, there was a plate with food for me and a note that read , I looked at him but he didn't look back so I just sat and started eating. As soon as he finished he put his dishes on the sink and then he walked out of the door. Then I finished and went out on my own, and I saw him holding hands with Sulli on a crossroad I figured he picked her up from her house to take her to school, I felt jealousy but I kept going on my own as I listened to music. Once I got into the classroom I greeted Kibum and we started talking as usual, but I avoided on purpose the topic of Minho ignoring me. On our break we ate at the rooftop.

"I haven't seen Minho talk to you, did you have an argument?"

"Not at all."

Lie.

"I saw the way you looked at him when he got in the classroom."

"It's nothing."

Lie.

"You looked so sad, it made me feel bad."

"Can we not talk about that?"

"You know you can trust me."

"I know, it's just that I don't feel like talking about that right now."

"You're jealous of his girlfriend right?"

"Kibum please stop, I really don't feel like it."

"Come on, it will be easier once you tell me about it, I want to help you."

"Fine, we argued because he hadn't told me about her so I got jealous and I couldn't confess to him like that but he kept asking why I cared so much about it and I didn't say anything then he said he wouldn't talk to me until I told him the reason."

"So childish."

"You don't get it, I hate that the most because we've always been together and you know...it's hard not to do something you're used to..."

"I think I understand."

He told me I should confess to him because he didn't want to see me sad because of him, but how could I say something that would end the friendship that had kept me close to him for all those years? Days went by and things were the same, I still couldn't tell Minho the truth and I hadn't talked with Taemin since that night when Minho got mad at me, then I heard Minho had a fight with Sulli, though I knew it would be wrong for me to confess at a time like that but I had to, in my mind it made sense and that things would turn out well...I wouldn't have done anything if I had known what was going to happen next.

It was a rainy day, I left him a note on his bedroom saying that I would tell him the truth and asked him to meet me at the park that was close to my house. I wore a white sweater, a printed t-shirt and a black skirt with thighs and black boots. I forgot to take an umbrella so when I saw him he told me to stay close to him since we had to share his. I told him we should walk around for a while until I finally spoke.

"Umm, do you remember the game we always play?"

"The 'what if...' game?"

"Yes. Let's play it."

"Alright."

"What if..."

My voice didn't come out so I coughed, I kept trying to say it but I couldn't. But then I just screamed.

"What if I told you that... I LIKE YOU?"

I stopped walking and he stepped forward once, like a child I pulled his sweater from the back.

"So...?"

"Sulli?"