Difference

What if I told you...?

After drinking coffee and talking for an hour we walked to the park where Taemin usually skated, we sat on the ground and kept talking, he looked really happy and I was happy as well for a moment I forgot about Minho and had a great time with him.

"So, for how long have you known the guy from before?"

"Ever since I was young, our mothers are best friends."

"Really?"

"Yeah, they used to work together."

"And where are your parents?"

"This will sound unbelievable, my mom is a singer and she's on a tour right now and I don't know where my father is."

He looked concerned when I mentioned my dad.

"Why is that?"

"Well, my mom met him at a night club, it was just a one night stand but apparently I was conceived that night and they dated for a while until my mom found out she was pregnant and my father left...my mom doesn't want to tell me who he is."

"Wow...I'm so sorry..."

"It's nothing." I laughed. "Anyways, I guess I have to go back home now, it's late."

"Ok, I'll take you home."

We kept talking as we walked to my house, once we got there I stood in front of him to say goodbye.

"Thanks for all you did today, I had a good time."

We both smiled and he approached me. "Let's do it again some other day, alright?"

"Sure! Just call me or tell me at school."

"Alright, I gotta go." He smiled and then he kissed my cheek, I instantly blushed.

He laughed and walked away while waving goodbye, I felt my heart beating faster but I knew it wasn't because of him...but because I was surprised by his action. I unlocked the door and saw Minho in the door with an angry look.

"Where have you been and why did it took you so long?"

I sighed and explained but he only looked angrier.

"What's the problem?"

"Why did he kiss you?!"

I giggled. "What? Are you jealous?"

"No, but how can you allow that? Are you going to date him?"

I suddenly felt angry because he had never shown any interest on who I dated.

"Why do you care who I date?"

"Shinyeong, I care because I'm somehow your brother and I want to protect you!"

"Protect me? You've been lying to me ever since school started."

"What are you talking about?"

"You haven't told me who Sulli is!"

Suddenly a tall girl came out of the kitchen and saw us, I figured it was Sulli.

"Minho-ah, I need help. Oh, who is it?"

"Umm I'll be with you in a minute."

She smiled and went back to the kitchen

"How dare you bring a girl to my house?!"

He covered my mouth and took me outside.

"Let me go!"

I pushed him away and glared him.

"Shinyeong-ah, please behave yourself I know your mother told us not to bring anyone here but we haven't done anything wrong."

"Minho, she can't find out that I live here alone with you."

"Don't worry, I told her you were my sister and our parents are on a business trip."

"I don't care, it's too late and if my mom finds out that she was here she will--"

"Shut up, I already know. Just go to your room."

"You're not my father."

We walked inside and I faked a smile, Sulli was sitting on the couch with a notebook, she looked at us.

"Sulli-ah, she's my sister Shinyeong."

"Nice to meet you."

I bowed and smiled.

"Shinyeong, she's my gilfriend, Choi Sulli."

She smiled and blushed, I felt my heart breaking but I wouldn't cry in front of them specially in front of her so I decided to get a little revenge.

"Oppa, are you guys doing homework?"

"I'm helping her, we don't have homework so why don't you go to your room?"

"But I can't leave you two alone, our mom wouldn't allow it."

"Shinyeong-ah, please leave."

"Oppa...please, I don't want to be alone upstairs."

He stood up angry and shouted at me, I felt scared and sad because he'd never been like that to me before.

"Shinyeong! Go to your room."

"I'm sorry."

I stood up and ran to my room, I was able to hear Sulli.

"Minho-ah, you didn't have to be so harsh on her."

I shut the door of my room and started crying, I suddenly got a call from Taemin, I wasn't going to answer but he kept calling me.

"What is it?"

"Shinyeong? Is everything ok?"

"I just..."

"Is it because of Minho?"

"How did you know?"

"As far as I know he's the only reason you're emotional these days."

"Well, yeah...it's because of him."

"Should I kick his ?

"No, it's not necessary, I should just move on don't you think?"

"Yeah, by the way I left a gift in front of your room's balcony."

"Really? What kind of gift?"

"Why don't you go look for it?"

I rushed to my balcony and saw Taemin sitting there, he hung up and smiled to me, he came closer and hugged me.

"Why would such a beautiful girl cry over an idiot?"

"Taemin? How did you--"

"I climbed your tree."

He let me go and wiped my tears.

"I came running when you didn't pick up your phone."

"Where you that worried about me?"

"Of course Shinyeong. I worry about you."

He held my hand in his, I couldn't help it but I blushed, I looked into his eyes and saw his sweet gaze on me.

"You should forget him, it's not good for you to keep caring for him."

"I know, but I just don't know how to..."

"You'll be able to do it, perhaps with me."

I didn't know what to say, I just looked down and remained silent but his phone rang at that moment, he picked up.

"Hey mom! What is it?"

"I need you to come right away Lee Taemin! What are you doing at this time?"

"Just skating you know?"

"Your skateboard is in your room."

"I'm hanging up, bye!"

He looked at me again.

"Sorry, I guess I have to go now or my mother will be mad at me."

He jumped towards the tree and went down, he waved goodbye to me and ran away, I looked up to the moon and sighed. What was I supposed to do? I can't forget him overnight, but I guess after a few months I'll be fine and if Taemin is there to support me I guess it'll be easier but I have to try not to get his hopes up and then disappoint him. I went to sleep with my door locked so Minho wouldn't try to come in, after I woke up I went downstairs after getting ready for school, but I just couldn't find Minho anywhere, I walked to the kitchen and found food with a note next to it. It read "Sorry about yesterday, I went to pick Sulli from her house, let's go out after school! -Minho". I just took the note and broke it in pieces, I walked out of the house without eating the food he made for me; I asked Kibum to sit in my place so I would hide myself behind him, after every class I would rush out of the classroom and go to the roof, Kibum was careful and followed me there so Minho couldn't see us.

"What's the problem now?" Kibum asked me with an annoyed tone.

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I'm talking about, why are you avoiding Minho again?"

"Just because."

"Tell me, we're friends."

"I know but...it's none of your business."

He got mad and picked up his stuff as he stood up.

"When you're ready to accept me as your friend let's talk."

"Kibum! I'm sorry, I'm just not in the mood..."

He ignored me and walked down the stairs, I put a strand of my hair behind my ear and stood up, then I just stared at the view from there.

"Why are you avoiding me?"

I knew exactly who it was, I kept staring to the front without answering, but the longer I was standing the dizzier I felt, it was because I hadn't eaten anything yet and I had been pushing myself.

"Shinyeong-ah, I'm sorry about yesterday..."

I turned to look at him and tried to walk his way but my vision was blurry, I shook my head and pushed myself upfront until I couldn't handle it anymore and lost consciousness, when I fell I was still able to see Minho running towards me and picking me up but I just couldn't keep on pushing myself. When I woke up I was in one of the infirmary beds, but I was alone with the nurse.

"Are you feeling better?"

"Me? Ah...yes."

"Did you eat something this morning?"

"No, I was running late."

"So that's why you fainted, a cool-looking guy came here and left this for you." 

She handed me a sandwich and an apple juice.

"Was he the one that brought me here?"

"No, when I got here you were already lying on the bed and after two minutes that guy came in and gave me this."

"I see."

"He was a very cool guy, I wonder if he is your boyfriend."

"I'm not even sure who it was."

It could've been Kibum or Taemin, but it was obvious that Minho wasn't the one because he just brought me here and left, but he might have gone to get me that...I don't know, I'll find out later. I ate the sandwich and then went to the classroom, the teacher told me to wait outside and told me that Minho told him that I had fainted.

"You should just go back home, this is the last class, rest and come back tomorrow. I don't want you to push yourself."

"Alright. Thanks a lot teacher."

"It's fine, my daughter has anemia so it happens to her often and I understand."

"Well, I don't have anemia but thanks for worrying."

"Then eat well and rest, miss Kim."

"I will! See you tomorrow, thanks."

"Goodbye, you better be here tomorrow!"

I didn't immediately go home and went to the roof, I watched the view and then I got a message from Taemin.

"Did you enjoy the food I bought for you?"

So it was him! Well, I expected that, but...

"I did, thanks. How did you know I fainted?"

"I  saw Minho carrying you to the infirmary, as he took you there I went to buy those and then gave them to the nurse."

"Well, thanks. I was really hungry."

"You didn't  have breakfast?"

"No, I woke up late."

"Babo, and you spent 7 hours without eating anything."

"Don't call me babo!"

"Wait for me after school, I'll take you to an amazing restaurant with delicious food."

"Stop texting in class, B A B O."

"You too."

"My teacher let me go early, I'm not in class."

"Alright, I'll pick you up from your house at 3:30!"

"Ok."

I went out of school and walked home I thought I could avoid Minho by making him think I wasn't there, I changed my clothes and went to my mom's room I hid inside her bathtub and left the door open so he couldn't suspect a thing, I did my homework. But after an hour I heard Minho's voice.

"I'm home Shinyeong!"

I remained silent.

"Kim Shinyeong! Let's go to the movies!"

I heard him open the door of my room, all the rooms.

"Did she left?"

I felt my phone vibrating, Minho sent me a text, I knew he would panic and call my mom or the police if I didn't answer.

"I went out with Kibum, I'll be back at 10."

He texted back.

"Where did you go? I told you to go out with me after class."

"I forgot, sorry."

"Yah Shinyeong! Tell me or I'll call your mom!"

"Aish...how annoying. I'm in his house, I'm helping him with his homework and we'll go shopping after that."

"What mall?"

I was getting more and more pissed.

"Yah! Just worry about your girlfriend."

I got up and stepped out of the bathtub, I waited for him to go to his room and after he did I walked out of my mom's room, as I walked in front of his door I was able to hear him talk with Sulli.

"She's gone, sorry."

"No, it's ok, I'll talk with her tomorrow."

"I know you want to get along with her but...is it really necessary? She's just my friend."

Just his friend? I thought we were best friends...

"Aish...it's really not necessary, she'll accept you after a few months.

"Ok, I love you!"

"Bye."

So I don't even get to be his best friend, and he wanted me to meet his girlfriend...nevermind I should just go...I couldn't stop my tears and without noticing I started crying like a little girl, I put on my shoes and took my stuff and got out of the house, I accidentally slammed the door. I saw Taemin and he rushed to see me.

"Why are you crying?!"

"I'm not crying!"

Even my voice sounded like I was crying.

"What happened?! Are you hurt?"

I punched his shoulder.

"Let's just go..."

"Not until you tell me what's wrong."

"Shinyeong!"

That was Minho's voice, he came out of the house when he heard I slammed the door.