iv.

That person.

 

Myungsoo asked himself. What's so great about the tree? Is this all the tree can do? Why doesn't she want to be the tree anymore? He was on his way to the assistant of EunJoo the other day, to get his final pay of course.

But what bothered him wasn't just about her being the tree, but what he can do to help this fallen tree. And he thought maybe someday the tree would come back to life again, because love is the strongest among all emotions. He thought, through love everything could happen. He believed it that way.

"Mr. Kim, would you mind stepping in the car please." The suited man in the car called out as Myungsoo have arrived.

"Are you EunJoo's manager? How long have you worked for her? Sorry to ask these questions all of a sudden." Myungsoo then quietly sat and waited for an answer. 

The few drops of rain dimmed the silence and the man began, "I've been working with EunJoo, since I was young, We practically grew up together. She was different than all the other rich ladies out there, that's what I found. We are friends, but I serve as her bodygaurd. I wanted to protect her." The man's clear voice was reflecting the sound of his determination and his will of serving his lady. Myungsoo then noticed his young face, and his well built body.

" I see you have already gained interest in Eunjoo. EunJoo, well, she was my only friend when no one came to me. She found me and became my friend. She became my support and so I returned my life to become her support for as long as she needs me. She has a kind heart, but, because of her family, she lost hope of everything. But still, I can still see her kindness through the things she does."

"Just like this time, Myungsoo-shi. She has always followed Infinite since its debut. She fancied you the most, so she waited. I know her heart no longer wanders to JoongKi, because from the point when she found out that all her closest people leaves her alone, she already had her eyes on a bigger goal. She admired Infinite because of their constant hard work. And she grew much more fond of you because you still kept your dream and interest on photography. You were like her motivation; to her dreams, for her to not loose hope of it. EunJoo, she knew about Infinite's financial aids, having already supporting by designing Infinite's clothing for a cheap price, she wanted to help you, particularly. I hope you can become the bigger light for EunJoo, maybe she needs to receive love from someone like you, Myungsoo-shi."

Myungsoo got to know more about EunJoo, but he still doesn't understand her background, and why it brought her to act this certain way. All he wanted was to reach out and help.

"Thank you for driving me back to my place. How should I address you?" Myungsoo asked.

"My name is Kim WooBin. Call me  by my name would be fine."


"I hope you can become the bigger light for EunJoo, maybe she needs to receive love form someone like you, Myungsoo-shi."

The bigger light, Myungsoo thought. For the tree to survive, it needs sunlight. The sun, is what I will become, Myungsoo said to himself.

As the rain kept on falling, Myungsoo's mind kept on running with thoughts of EunJoo and why she did this or why she did that. 

So, is going to the reunion not because of JoonKi, but becuase of Myungsoo, himself? He wondered.

"Let's meet. Beside the river, where we parted that day.

We must meet. I will wait until you show up, EunJoo."

He started to wait.