Honeymoon - Family and home

Happily Ever After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As a whole, Mrs Lee usually left Kwang Soo on his own and made it a point not to visit her son too often, especially after he got married. She thought it was best to give her son and daughter-in-law privacy so that they were able to lead a blissful married life together.

 

However, she would drop in sporadically to check up on him. She was a mother after all, and as such constantly worried about her boy's well-being. She had heard that he had just returned from his honeymoon with Ji Hyo and that Eun Soo, who was in the area for work, was visiting her brother. Because of those reasons, she had flown in with the intent of surprising her children.

 

Because Hokitika was only a small town without a Korean supermarket, Mrs Lee often brought supplies for her son from Auckland, which had a sizable Korean population. Once she entered her son's home, she immediately made her way to the kitchen. Opening the fridge door, she went to put the groceries in and was pleasantly surprised to find that it was already full of food items. Many of which were Kwang Soo's favourite things. From containers of the chonggak kimchi that he adored, to his preferred brand of ssamjang and gochujang, to bottles of coke. Mrs Lee smiled. Her daughter-in-law must've bought them from Korea.

 

Walking over to the kitchen sink, she found several plates washed and left to dry on the drying rack, and knew that Seong-im must've done the dishes. Her son was never very up to date on washing the plates, preferring to stack them by the sink, only doing the dishes once he ran out of clean plates to eat on. The smile she was already wearing, widened.

 

She always did like Seong-im. From their first meeting, she found the actress to be polite, kind and generous, and she had taken an instant liking to her. Seong-im had remained that way even after marrying her son. And from what Mrs Lee could see, she also appeared to take great care of Kwang Soo, something which made any mother happy.

 

She was glad that her son had Seong-im in his life. When he was living alone, his refrigerator and pantry were rarely fully stocked and were usually only filled with items from his local supermarket. So he seldom had the ingredients he needed to cook an authentic Korean meal, and relied on her, his mother, to buy the Korean groceries for him.

 

As she entered the living room, she spotted a men's shirt carelessly thrown over the sofa. Shaking her head, she smiled fondly. Neatness was never her son's strong suit. Even though he was married and living with Seong-im, some things would never change. Picking it up, she folded it and headed up the stairs to his room, intent on giving him a lecture for leaving his clothes around.

 

When she first entered the house, she had heard sounds coming from the bedrooms upstairs and was sure that her son was still in bed. She knew it couldn't be Hyo Joo as it was a school-day and wondered if it might be Seong-im. It had been a couple of months since Mrs Lee had last seen her daughter-in-law as she had gone back to Korea to film a movie. She was looking forward to catching up with her and thanking her for keeping the home neat and well-stocked.

 

Opening the door to her son's room, Mrs Lee found Seong-im topless atop Kwang Soo. She was straddling him while he sat on the bed, groaning and grinding up against her. The sight gave her a shock. Realising that she had walked in on the couple making love, she dropped the shirt she was holding and let out a cry of surprise.

 

Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo turned to the source of the sound. Their eyes widened in horror as recognition set in. “Mom!” Kwang Soo yelled in surprise. He quickly pulled Ji Hyo behind him, shielding her from his mother's eyes, even as she crossed her arms over her chest to cover up and hide her modesty.

 

Ji Hyo’s heart started beating out of her chest at her predicament. She didn’t know what to do. What was certain was that she couldn’t greet her mother-in-law in her current state. Embarrassed, she hid her face behind Kwang Soo.

 

“Kwang Soo-ah, Seong-im...” Mrs Lee started.

 

Kwang Soo could see the shock that was written all over his mother’s face as her eyes shifted from him to her daughter-in-law behind him. Never in his life would he have ever imagined that he would be in this situation. Glancing back at Ji Hyo, he saw her rapidly reddening face. Her eyes shifted from his mother to him, begging him to get them out of this situation, fast.

 

“Mom,” he called out, getting his mother’s attention. “Could you go out, please? Just,” he cleared his throat, “just give us a moment.” He requested.

 

Getting over her shock, Mrs Lee nodded her head. “Huh? Oh, yeah. Yes, of course. I'll wait downstairs.” She mumbled uncomfortably, still distressed from having witnessed the couple wrapped up in a passionate embrace. Hastily, she exited the bedroom, closing the door behind her.

 

As soon as the door closed, the couple let out the breaths they had been holding in. Ji Hyo was mortified. She couldn't believe what had just happened, that her mother-in-law had just walked in on her making love to her husband. Her head began to spin. She would never be able to live this down for as long as she lived. “Ya! Why didn't you tell me that your mom would be visiting us?” She scolded, slapping Kwang Soo's bare chest lightly.

 

“That's because I didn't know she would be. She never said anything about dropping in!” Kwang Soo answered honestly.

 

Wordlessly, Ji Hyo got up from the bed and began frantically searching for her bra. Where was it? Her mother-in-law was waiting for them! If they took much longer, Mrs Lee might get the wrong idea. She was now regretting tossing it aside so cavalierly. She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around to find Kwang Soo holding out her bra.

 

“It erm... it went under the bed.” He explained sheepishly.

 

Thanking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter