Prologue

Never Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue:

the Protectors

 

 

The moonlight shines amidst the lightning and set of thunders. Chanyeol groans in frustration and tension. Lexor is a huge world, a hundred times larger than human world, Earth, but it doesnt mean it's all that different.

Four chosen protectors left early on the same day. Chanyeol was surprised when he wasn’t included in the list. It wasn’t an easy task, rumors were escalating amongst the higher ranked Lexorian soldiers that a war will transpire if the mission wasn’t handled properly and Chanyeol being the strongest protector believed he should have been chosen but the higher beings thought differently. According to them, the mission wasn’t fit for Chanyeol. It wasn't meant for him.

Few Lexorians, including the Protectors, can freely visit Earth and disguise themselves as humans for the main purpose of trade, aid and protection. Lexor needs the crystals that only in the human world can be found, and Earth needs Lexorians to protect them from harm. Every protector's job is to protect Lexor and the Earth.

Chanyeol still could not believe he wasn't chosen. Even if his personality towards others is cold, his friends – the other protectors- know better. Chanyeol is moody and has the hobby to finish missions by himself without the need to ask help from his comrades. Chanyeol lives that way, being raised by Lexorian soldiers, he was trained to live and survive by himself.

 

Still doesn’t have the heart to sleep peacefully, Chanyeol decides to wait in the grand living room where he can busy himself with movies or music they got from the human world.  Eleven chosen protectors all stayed at the grandest house in Lexor equipped with state of the art training rooms, an impressive library filled with Lexorian and human books; everything is well organized. A mansion fit for the strongest and bravest creatures in the whole world of Lexor.

 

Chanyeol walks slowly but pauses when he sees his friends currently situated in the living room.

 

“Chanyeol, why aren’t you asleep yet?” It is Kyungsoo who spots him first.

 

Once Chanyeol arrives at the living room, 7 other figures were currently gathered.

 

“Can’t sleep too?” Kai, the protector who can teleport asks with a smirk, implying they all have the same intention and reason as to why they are currently sipping hot cocoa in the middle of the night.

 

Shrugging, Chanyeol takes a seat beside Sehun, the youngest protector who controls the wind.

Sehun inhales deeply then let his words slip out of his mouth “What’s taking them so long”

 

Chanyeol ruffles the boy’s hair, “They will be here in no time.” He tries to be confident but Chanyeol’s voice couldn’t settle for an assurance. He, too, is getting apprehensive.

 

An hour later when Sehun’s eyes are about to drop because of tiredness, their door swung open and everyone jolted awake in an instant.

 

A grinning Kris appeared before them, “Missed me?” but Chanyeol thought something is wrong but dismissed the idea as soon as he sees three others trailing behind the protector who has the ability to fly.

 

And every fear and nervousness is thrown away.

"Did you bought the herbal erb I ask you?" Yixing, the finest healer bombards Chen, the lightning master with questions.

“I guess we can sleep now.” Xiumin, the oldest and the one who can control ice comments in delight and assurance.

“I just arrived and you're asking for your herbs!" Faking a hurt mood, Chen hands Yixing his bag of herbs from the Earth while the latter mutters a simple thanks and runs off to his room.

"What are you guys doing here and why aren't you asleep yet?" Kris asks.

"We're waiting for you." Sehun answers from tha background/

"So all of you don’t have a single trust in us? Tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter