Take Aim [1/3]

Take Aim

|01|

In the middle of the gym there was a line of dodgeballs, and Sunggyu stood with the rest of his P.E class one side and on the other side of the gym was the other P.E class. 

"As you all know," Sunggyu's P.E teacher, Mr. Choi, started, "Mr. Lim is not feeling well today, so his class will be joining us." Sunggyu's class stared at the other group of boys on the other side. "You will be versing each other," glares and the cracking of knuckles came from Sunggyu's class while the other class shifted around uncomfortably, whispering to each other while sneaking looks at them, "in a game of dodgeball," there was a couple of 'yes's coming from Sunggyu's class, and a few groans and whimpers coming from the other.

"They all look like a bunch of sticks..." Dongwoo whispered from behind Sunggyu.

"Yeah, especially that one over there," Myungsoo said, pointing at the tall boy, "isn't his name like, Sungyoung or something?"

"Nah nah, I think it's Sungyeol, he's in my Chemistry class...I think" Sunggyu corrected him.

"Oh, right. Anyway, just look at them! I bet we could kick their as- ow" Hoya nudged Dongwoo hard in the ribs. He lifted his fist and was about to hit him back until he realized that the teacher- and the rest of the students- were all waiting for him, Sunggyu and Myungsoo to stop talking.

"Sorry, Sir." They all said in unison. Mr. Choi nodded and continued to explain the rules of dodgeball, even though everyone knew them, so Myungsoo and Dongwoo also decided to continue with their conversations.

"Wait isn't that Woohyun?" Dongwoo asked Myungsoo, Sunggyu looked to his right to see the boy in question.

"Pretty face,"  he thought, "sharp jawline, perfect nose, nice lips..."  and then Sunggyu realized what he was doing. He turned his neck painfully fast, embarrassed, to face Mr. Choi as he continued talking to nobody in particular.


"Yeah, that's Woohyun, the infamous heartbreaker." Myungsoo began,

"Apparently, at his old school, he went out with, and turned down, more girls than you can count on your fingers, on BOTH hands," Dongwoo continued

"And your toes, on BOTH feet" 

"And your teeth, top AND bottom!"

"......" Myungsoo said quietly, rubbing his chin with his thumb, "We should ask him how to get girls."

"Nah that's what we got Gyu f- ow," the side of Sunggyu's fist hit Dongwoo's stomach, and he and Myungsoo looked up to see Mr. Choi staring that them with an unwavering stare.

"Uh, we're done now" Dongwoo said, lifting his hand as a poor excuse for an apology.

"And remember," Mr. Choi continued, "BELOW the chest, anything above doesn't count as a hit."

"Hey Sir, can we get extra points for the face?" Dongwoo asked, Myungsoo chuckling behind him. "If it's yours, then yes" Mr. Choi said with a smile, 

Sunggyu snorted, "Wouldn't mind getting those points..."

"Shut up" Dongwoo retiliated, punching his arm, Mr. Choi rolled his eyes and brought the whistle to his mouth.

"Everyone get ready, 3...2...1...GO!" and he blew his whistle, stepping off the court to avoid the stampede.

。。。。。。。。。。

" these guys are hardcore..." Dongwoo said while panting, chucking a dodgeball dangerously high.

"Yeah, who knew," Sunggyu answered as he calmly side-stepped to avoid a ball flying at high-speed towards him, "Hey, you know that Woohyun guy..."

"Catch the ing ball don't just dodge them!!" Myungsoo yelled from the sideline.

"SHUT UP! IT'S CALLED DODGEBALL FOR A REASON!" Sunggyu yelled back, "Anyway, you know that Woohyun guy...does he have a girlfriend? How come I've never seen him before?" Sunggyu asked Dongwoo amidst the flurry of dodgeballs all around them,

"I don't know...maybe it's cuz- !" Dongwoo ducked just in time to avoid having a dodgeball collide with his face at lightning-speed, "He's new, besides, you're too high up the food chain to mingle with the commoners or the newbies for that matter..." Dongwoo trailed off and he wasn't even looking anymore, just giving the finger to and generally mocking and taunting one or two of the boys on the other team. 

"I'm not- ugh nevermind..." Sunggyu sighed as he ran to grab a dodgeball, using his other classmates as human shields.

Sunggyu held the ball and walked around looking for a target, until he saw a small boy, Sungjong was his name, facing the other direction, "Hmm...easy target..." he thought, and then he chucked the ball as hard as he could.

It was then Sunggyu realized that, although he could throw a ball so hard it was lethal, his aiming on the other hand, .

Next thing he knew, there were gasps of "oh " and "are you okay?", Sungjong is still standing, Dongwoo is mouthing the words "extra points" to him, nodding and giving him a thumbs-up,

And Woohyun is on his back on the ground, groaning "ohh...ing bastard..." and holding his bleeding nose, while Hoya is already off grabbing tissue from the toilets.

Mr. Choi tells Sunggyu to take Woohyun to the nurse, seeing as it was his fault, and everyone else continued playing.

。。。。。。。。。。

"Turn your head up, the blood won't flow out so much," Sunggyu said as Woohyun struggled to stop the blood pouring out his nose with the soggy wad of bloodied tissue paper, barely able to walk straight.

"But ah...," Woohyun winced in pain, still holding his nose and Sunggyu felt a small pang of guilt, "how will I know where I'm going?" his voice sounded slightly nasally due to all the blood in his nose. 

"Follow me?" Sunggyu asked

"Yeah, can't really see you if I look up now can I?" He had a point.

"...fine." Sunggyu sighed as he turned to face Woohyun.

"What?"

Sunggyu then placed one arm behind Woohyun's back and one arm under his knees and lifted him off the ground.

"O-oi, what the are you doing, my legs are fine, I can walk" Woohyun blurted out, his blood dripping down over his mouth and onto his white shirt.

"No you can't, just keep your head up" Sunggyu said as he looked down at Woohyun and, noticing the closeness of their faces, whipped his neck back up. As he carried Woohyun to the nurse, he hoped Woohyun didn't see the faint pink dusting his cheeks as Woohyun closed his eyes and nestled his head into the crook of Sunggyu's neck.