┋ Chapter 1 ┋

In the Eyes of My Master

THE NAMELESS GIRL

I am a nameless girl. I have no name, I have no home, I have no reason to live. I have nothing.

"Welcome to Paradise! We offer you the best fairy in the land. They can cook, be your chef. They can read, be your librarian. All kind of fairy! All of them are trained!"

The short guy who happened to be a dwarf working for Chorong, the owner of Paradise, shouting outside a store with "Paradise" signed in front of it.

Chorong, she is a lady. Not an ordinary one. She is a witch, a lonely witch who's chasing after fairies and catch them. She catch young fairies and lock them in a magic room for years, until they lost their sanity as a fairy. She train them and then sell them to rich lord as a housekeeper, or a private hustler.

Yes, fairies in the Land of Lyrov are special. They're not a small and sparkling fairy who fly over the land. They have a complete form of a mere human. The only thing that makes them different from human is the way they came into this world. They were born through magic, when the full moon arise, the forest sings and by the magic of a angelic wizard from hundred years ago, they were born. They have no fathers or mothers, sisters or brothers. They only have their magic.

Chorong took their magic away the moment she lock them in the magic room. The magic room up their magic, leaving them with a mere form of human who has nothing, not even a reason to live.

"Welcome to Paradise." A girl behind the receptionist table said when a man came in.

"I need to talk to Chorong." The man with a big black hat say.

"And you?"

"Myungsoo."

The girl clam up. She once heard that name, but she totally forget. "Alright, wait a minute. I'll tell Lady Chorong that you came." She said and walked into the room behind her.

Three minutes later, she came back with a bright smile on her face. "Please follow me. Lady Chorong is waiting for you." She said and guided the man through a golden door in the other side of the room. She brought him into a long aisle that full with painting, showing how glorified is the owner of the place.

The passed through some girls who's talking to each other and sometimes looking at the black hat man. It's not like Myungsoo didn't realize that girls whispers and curious look. He's just simple don't care. He just want to clear her business it that filthy place and back to his peaceful castle.

Another girl appeared from the end of the aisle, hand full of tools. She is in hurry and accidentally bumped into Myungsoo's arm.

"Ah.. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." She said without even look at the face of the man she bumped. She quickly gathered her tools and bowed, saying 'I'm sorry' again and disappeared in another intersection.

"I'm sorry. She is one of our staff, and she's very slobby." The receptionist girl said.

"You mean one of your slave?" Myungsoo said coldish. For a second, the receptionist girl horrified with Myungsoo cold and deep voice. She preferred to quickly take him to Chorong.

"This way, my lord."

Another intersection and the girl finally stop walking. She knocked the mahony door in front of her. There's a soft voice from the other side of the door. She opened the door and let Myungsoo came in.

The room inside is a classic room. There's a big dining table in the middle with a big luxury lamp above it. The girl bowed once again to Myungsoo and make her move out from the room, closing the mahony door in process.

"It's surprising to see you here, my lord." A women, looks like in her 30's, walked out from the another door, bringing a plate of something. She's still using her apron with her messy hair and some red-orange sauce stain on her face. She put the plate on the dining table.

"Chorong." Myungsoo said, still with his cold voice.

"Aw, it's embarrassing. How could I be so stupid to face you with this kind of look." She said and walked closer to Myungsoo. She smiled and waving her right hand right in front of Myungsoo face. In a second, the apron and the messy look of her dissapear, turning into a classy golden dress, complete with a simple glamour braided hair and a big jewelry with dragon symbol adorned her clean neck.

"This is better." She nodded in satisfaction.

"That will not hiding your true form in front of me. You still looks like an old women to me." Myungsoo said.

Chorong frowned then smirked. "You are really L, The Cavalier from Southern Land, King Sungkyu's favorite. I never met you but I heard about your coldness. Now I see it myself."

"We've met before."

"Pardon?"

"We've met before. In the King's Castle, when he gave you that necklace, giving you an honor position and permission to catch all fairies on the land. I was there."

Chorong smiled. The memory of the honorious day when King Woohyun gave her a dragon necklace, symbolized her power in the land of Lyrov. She could do anything since that day, including chasing after all fairies, passing through her mind.

"So, you was there?"

"Yes. I was there, seeing The King gave the power he promised you if you helped him take over the kingdom from his brother."

The smile of Chorong changed into another frown. All of his words is true, but the way he say that is the one she hate. If only, if only The King didn't give Curb Poison to him, Kim Myungsoo already be a part of Lyrov history. A legend of Lyrov death in the hand of Lady Chorong. She could do that and wouldn't get punishment for it. But L is King's tools, a prove to the world that King Woohyun couldn't be beat, even the almighty L stand on his knee in front of the king.

Chorong smiled. "So, what's bring you here to my paradise, my lord?"

"I need a fairy." Myungsoo answered shortly.

Chorong grinned. "You just saying this place is filthy but then you ask me for a fairy? Funny."

"Is there any problem with that?"

"No. Of course no. What kind of fairy do you want? A housekeeper? A librarian? A chef? A secretary? Or.....?" She's hanging her words, knowing that Myungsoo would know what she's mean.

Myungsoo glanced at her in respon. "Just give me your best fairy. I'll pay you enough."

"I believe you will, my lord."

∞∞∞

A girl, a nameless girl, run into a big room, hie. She just did something stupid, really stupid. She bumped into a guest. A guest who's heading to Chorong's room, a very important guest. She's panting, searching for some air to breath.

"Hey, you there!" Another girl called her. That girl is a staff of Paradise. She was like her before, a lost fairy. But Chorong herself chose her and gave her a job here. She is Eunji now.

The nameless girl looked at her.

"You okay?" Eunji asked. She always ask when something's seems abnormal for her.

The nameless girl nodded.

"Alright then. Go clean yourself. Lady Chorong ask me to prepare all fairies in the house. She say a very important man will come and she feels like we should prepare. The man probably will take one of you here."

"Me? But..." She stopped for a second. "But they never let me meet a guest. I'm not in the list."

"Then you'll meet one today. I saw a man walked into Lady Chorong's room. I assumed it's him. Go clean yourself now. We have no time."

She bowed and made her way out from that big room that full of any other nameless girl.

"Eunji, did you just ask her to clean herself?" Another girl approched to Eunji. She is Naeun, another lost fairy that got a job from Chorong.

"Yes. Lady Chorong asked for all of them."

"All of them except her. Don't you know? She's not ready. We never let a unready fairy meet a guest."

"But how could she be unready? They never let a unready fairy walk out from the training camp."

"I don't know. I just know that she's not ready. That is why she never met a guest."

"So I just gave her a false hope of meeting a guest, didn't I?" Eunji mumbled.

"Looks like that." Naeun said in respon. "We'll just keeping her in another room while the guest look through the fairies."

About 20 minutes later, Lady Chorong came into the big room. Following behind her is Myungsoo, still with his icy eyes. All fairies already lining up, all fairies except one.

"Pick anyone you want, my lord."

"I only need one." Myungsoo said and stepped closer to a fairy in the first line. He walked in silent, observing the fairies. A fairy look down when Myungsoo walked in front of her. The fairy beside her tried to look into Myungsoo's eyes and wink but Myungsoo didn't mind to give her a second glance. "Is it all you have?"

"Yes, my lord. This is all my talented trained beautiful fairies."

"There's someone missing." He said.

Chorong raised her eyebrows and looked at her fairies once again. "I believe this is all our available fairies. Is there any particular fairy that you look for?"

"I met her in my way to your room. She was holding some tools and walked in hurry."

"Ah!" Eunji mumbled. She suddenly remember of the girl in the other room. She walked closer to Chorong and whispered.

"Take her here." Chorong said.

Eunji made her way to the other room. "You're lucky today, girl. The guest is asking for you." Eunji said.

The girl who's sitting in the edge of the window stand up. She's actually looks gorgeous now. She's wearing a simple plain blue dress and braided her brown long hair.

"Really?" She asked without any smile on her face.

"Yes! Now come with me." Eunji pulled her right hand and took her to the big room where everyone waiting for them. The moment Eunji opened the door, many couples of eyes looking at her at once.

"Stay here." Eunji whispered to her and walked back to her place beside Naeun.

"Is this the girl you want?" Chorong asked Myungsoo. She looks sceptic.

Myungsoo looked the girl silently. "Yes, she is."

"But my lord, I believe that this girl isn't ready. That is why we didn't lined her up here." Chorong explained.

"Since when did you let a un-trained fairy get out from the place you here called 'the camp'?" Myungsoo asked coldly.

Chorong chilled. It's true that Paradise never offer an un-trained fairy, all people on the land knew it. But this fairy, this useless fairy is not only a lost fairy. She's something else.

"Alright. You can have her. Naeun, bring the other fairies to another room. Eunji, prepare her while I finish my business with our lord here. Can we go back to my room, Master L?" Chorong smiled and made her way out of the big room. Myungsoo following behind her.

The nameless girl looked at her soon-to-be-master's back and wondering why did he chose her.

∞∞∞

"I didn't expect someone like him would be in Paradise." Eunji said while combing the nameless girl's hair. They're sitting in a small room, Eunji's room.

"Someone like him? Like what?"

Eunji stopped combing and looked at her eyes. "You didn't know him? Like.. Seriously didn't know him?"

The girl shook her head. Eunji sighed and moved in front to do her make up.

"He's not like any other lords that came here, dear. He's something else. He have a connection to our previous king -you know it's not a good thing these day-, but King Woohyun kept him alive as a honor to the previous king. I only heard it from people, they said he's a dangerous man. Don't you dare to talk to him he talk to you first! Just don't! He could kill you at once! Understand?"

The girl nodded.

Eunji smiled. "Now you're ready, beautiful. I hope he will give you a beautiful name that suits you well. Farewell and good luck." Eunji said sincerely before she let the girl went to Chorong's room, to her new master.

The girl walked down the aisle, the same aisle where she bumped the man that soon will be her master. Eunji's sincere words still hanging in her ears like she just said that a second ago. She is a good girl, it's rare in the place like this. But what she's hoping for will not happened. No matter how beautiful the name her master will give to her, she will not be pleasant. Because deep down in her heart, she knew that's not her. Long ago, as she remember, she was someone. A fairy who lives in the Enchanted Forest. Right now she just a mere human with no reason to live.

She opened the mahony door and faced her master.

"Meet your new master, dearie. His name is Kim Myungsoo, but most people knew him as The Cavalier from South, L." Chorong said, officially introduced him to the nameless girl.

The man, Kim Myungsoo stood in the edge of window, looking at the view outside. He glanced at her when she came in. He didn't wear his black hat, and that was the first time the girls see Myungsoo's face clearly. He has a sharp jaw and eyes cold like ice, but that's make him look so handsome. The first handsome man the girl ever see in her life.

He glanced at her and walked to pick her head. "Let's go." He said.

"Wait!" Chorong exclaimed before the two of them passed the mahony door. Myungsoo stopped, but not even give a small glance to her. "Remember what I said Kim Myungsoo. Don't you ever forget about that."

Myungsoo left the room after Chorong finished her words. The girl, who follow her master quietly took a small glance to Chorong who still keep her eyes on her.

There is no way Chorong can keep her in her hell Paradise.

∞∞∞

There's a horse-drawn classic carriage outside the building complete with it's carman. The carman, with a black suit opened the door for his master. Myungsoo jumped up into the carriage while the girl waiting. She doesn't know where should she sit. She was going to sit beside the carman when Myungsoo stopped her.

"What are you doing? Come here. Don't you see a big space inside here?"

The girl glanced at him then slowly jumped up into the carriage. She sat in front of Myungsoo and kept looking at him. Myungsoo looked at her back. Their eyes locked to each other. Myungsoo is the first to look away.

"So what's your name, miss?" He asked and took a cigarette and a lighter from the small desk inside the carriage.

"We don't have name. Our master give us one."

Myungsoo looked at her. "Gaeul. Your name is Gaeul."

∞∞∞

 

Author's Notes :

I used the word neck, space and lighter from set #3.

And this is the first chapter. This is the first time I'm writing fantasy story, I hope this isn't really bad. Please bear with my language. Anyway, A-Pink appearance here is totally out of my prediction, I was going to use any other names when Chorong's face passed through my mind. Then I decided to use them.

If you're confused, in this story, Woohyun and Sungkyu are siblings and Sungkyu is L's tutor. And Chorong is a witch that help Woohyun took over the kingdom. He gave Chorong an ultimate position to allow her doing anything she wants. I'll add some explanation and will be updated in every chapter.

 

LEGEND

Paradise: A fairy store, belong to Lady Chorong, Friend of the King. The store provided fairies to work in lords house. They're infamous with their trained and skilled fairies.

Curb Poison: A poison made from mythical branch of sacred tree in the centre of Enchanted Forest, so it's hard to find. The people who drink a drop of this potion will do anything for the one who give the the poison. They effect will be last forever until the particular person died. There will be no effect if a person drink it accidentally.

Paradise's Training Camp: This place is actually the magic room. The magic room is a place where Chorong lock the fairies she kidnapped for years. The magic room contain a ancient spell to absorb any magical particles outside the room and change it into a magic that can be used by Chorong herself.

Enchanted Forest: A forest in the center of Lyrov. The forest is the center of Lyrov and contains lots magic for centuries. Although, to get into the forest is hard because the forest is protected by magic. Only the angelic wizard and fairies who can walk freely into the woods. Chorong finds her way to be able walking in the forest, but that's only occur in the fullmoon night, the same time when new fairies born.

Dragon Necklace: A honorious necklace, given to them who did a big thing in the Land of Lyrov. The symbol of honor people. Only The King who could give this symbol to a particular person. In King Woohyun's era, this necklace not only became a symbol of honor, but also contain huge power where the people with than necklace could do anything they want in the Land of Lyrov.