5

Love That Remains
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul Music Awards, 2014

Kkumi manhdeon geudaen neomi tteollideon geuttaee

Su manheun siryeon soge

Gijeogeul baeaetgo

He thought he was dreaming when he saw an angel up on stage. He was stunned, his eyes were stucked on her. There were thousands of people in the place but he felt like there was only him and her, face to face.

Gajang naege himi dwae jueotdeon

Nareul eonjena mideo judeon geudae 

Soon enough, it was Naeun's part again. He clenched his fist and tried to stay still but he couldn't. He was tensed throughout her solo, and Jonghyun might have noticed it so he felt a light smack on his leg. He turned to him and mouthed, "She's so pretty." 

Just when he thought nothing more perfect could happen, Naeun danced near to the place he and s were seated. He melted. 

"They're obviously filming you." Jonghyun chuckled.

"I know..."

"You never learn, Taemin-ah."

"Can't help it."

"Enjoy their performance but control your expressions, okay?"

"Ahrasso, hyung."

 

Seoul Music Awards, 2019

"Are you going to keep staring at her like that, Taemin-ah?" Jonghyun chided in but Taemin didn't move a bit as he contemplated whether to answer his hyung's question or just come up with an excuse.

He shook his head a moment later, realizing that Jonghyun would always see through his lies no matter what. "I can't help it. She's so pretty..."

"You just told me the same thing six years ago." Jonghyun complained.

"Me?" 

"Well, I guess some things just never change." He laughed. 

"What can I do? She's really--"

"Eunji looks cute."

Both of them turned to Key who was talking to himself. He seemed oblivious to the world around him.

"They look like fairies, right hyung?" He asked.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. "I don't know what to do with you two... just be ready for the fancams." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taemin walked aimlessly in the hallway after his performance, passing by Apink's dressing room. Naeun was about to get out  when she unexpectedly bumped into him. He reached out to steady her as an automatic reaction. All his breath left his body in a gush when he looked at her. It was like time had slowed down.

He found himself leaning in without actually telling his body to do so, but time decided to speed back up.

Naeun straightened herself and did a small, polite bow. "I-I'm sorry."

The corners of his lips lifted, he let out a breath he realized he's been holding the moment he saw her. "Be careful, okay?"

She nodded, and walked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter